Chapter 24 - The Orphans

Malia and Lydia had left the station, but I was still waiting in the front room. We decided that one of us should stay until Meredith was picked up just in case she said anything else, but it didn’t look like she was going to. She was sitting in one of the room with the Sheriff, but I made sure she was still in my hearing range.

My fingers were consistently taping on the arm rest of my chair, causing a clicking noise because if my nails as I continued to stare at my phone waiting for someone to call me about the game. The last I had heard was when Malia rang Stiles and he confirmed that one of the assassins was Garret and they believed he was after Liam, but now that we knew Brett was also supernatural we weren’t sure anymore, but either way they thankfully got Liam off the field. My problem was that we still didn’t know who the second killer was. I knew it was a chick, but I never saw her face.

“Feeling nervous about something?” Jordan asked me as he walked over, noticing my finger tapping.

I immediately stopped tapping my fingers. “Aah, yeah. Lacrosse game.” I stated.

“You’re nervous about a school lacrosse game that you’re not playing in or watching?” He asked.

“It’s aah…”

“Complicated?” He offered.

I smiled and nodded. “Yeah, you could say that. Just high school dramas.”

“Your track record says that your definition of a high school drama is a little different to what you see in Mean Girls.”

I laughed. “You’ve seen Mean Girls?”

“Well… yeah, but not by choice.” He defended.

“Hey, I’m not judging. Stiles has seen it more than once… do you have a thing for Lindsey Lohen too?” I teased.

He laughed. “No, but 13 year old me probably would have.” He joked. I smiled a little, but then looked away. “You don’t have to stay, you know. They’ll be here to pick her up any minute.”

“Yeah, I know.” I didn’t really know what to say. He was on the deadpool which meant he was supernatural. I guess I kind of just hoped his use of the word drawn was a coincidence.

“Are you sure you’re okay? You’re being… quiet and making as little eye contact as possible.”

“Sorry.” I muttered, looking back up at him. Parrish sighed and then walked around and took a seat next to me.

“Is this about what you told me last night?”

“No.” I replied, looking away. “It’s not that.”

“Well what is it.”

I went to say something, but stopped and shook my head. I had nothing. I couldn’t think of anything. The only thing I could say was mention that he was a hit list for the supernatural, was worth 5 million dollars and that he should watch his back because assassins would be after him, but I couldn’t. I needed to speak with Scott first, but Jordan did need to be warned, sooner rather than later.

My phone rang and I practically jumped to answer it.

“Scott?”

“Okay, so everything is alright. Kind of. They were after Brett. Garret got away, but we caught the other one. It was Violet, Garret’s girlfriend.”

“Parrish, we have to go.” The Sheriff said, walking to the main room. “Haigh, you stay with Meredith until she’s picked up.”

“Where?” Parrish asked.