Chapter 2 - Echoes

“Anna.” Stiles’ voice echoes around me as I slowly opened my eyes to find him hovering above me and Malia standing back with her arms folded. I turned my head to the side, without getting up, to see Scott lying unconscious on the ground with Kira next to him.

“Stupid blonde stuck up hunter.” I muttered as I slowly pushed myself up.

“Who?” Stiles question.

“The blonde, with electric… thingy. Next time I see her I’m gonna kick her ass.” I muttered as I slowly crawly over to Scott. “Scotty.” I shook his shoulder, but very poorly. I was still feeling weak, but he was recovering as I was and his eyes opened slowly.

“He’s waking up. He’s awake.” Kira said over to Stiles and Malia. Once Scott registered what had happened and quickly pushed himself into a sitting position.

“They don’t have him. They don’t have Derek.” He said.

“We know.” Kira said. “But right now they’ve got Lydia.” She explained. I hadn’t even realised. Stiles wasn’t mean to be with us. He was meant to be with Lydia talking to the leaders.

“Lydia?” Scott muttered. “What would they want with Lydia?”

“She’s a Banshee.” I stated. “Could be a number of things.” I mumbled.

Scott jumped up and went straight to the door. His handled fumbled around before they tried pulling it open in the tiny gap. Stiles stood back cringing as Malia casually leaned against a pole and Kira started pacing.

“We already looked for a way out.” Kira said once Scott gave up.

“I say when that door opens again, we take out anyone standing in the way and run for it.” Malia stated.

“What about Lydia?”

“What about her?”

“We’re not leaving without her.” Scott stated.

Malia gave everyone confused looks, “Why not?”

I looked at Stiles and nodded towards Malia. He quickly walked up to her. “Because we don’t leave without people, remember? We talked about this. Rules in the wold kingdom – don’t apply to friends.”

“Is that what you’d do as a coyote? Leave her for dead?” Kira asked.

“If she was weak and injured, yeah. If hunting had been bad that season, I would eat her.” She stated quite calmly. I couldn’t help a small smile as I shook my head. “Then I’d leave.”

“Mmmm… believe it or not, but that’s progress.” Stiles said to us. It actually was. BIG improvement.

“Guys, we’re not dead yet. That means Araya wants something.” Scott said.

“But the Calaveras don’t know where Derek is, that means they didn’t take him from the loft, right?” Kira said.

“Maybe he left on his own.” Stiles said.

“No, the Calaveras were there, they had to have been. Maybe someone interrupted them before they could get to Derek. Maybe that’s why they’re holding us now… Araya and her henchmen thinks we can find him.” I said, thinking out loud.

“Interrupted by who?” Scott asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know. More hunters, another demon wolf, a flying bat, this is Derek Hale we’re talking about, Scott. It could have been the damn Moth Man for all we know.” I rambled and he rolled his eyes while Stiles smiled at me proudly.

The doors suddenly opened and we all turned to see four hunters. One was a guy and he looked like someone in charge, on his right was a tall bald guy and on his left a shorter guy with dark hair, all of whom looked like they could kick some serious ass. Coming up behind them was the blonde. I stepped to the side letting the others handle the first three and went straight for those locks of curly hair with my claws.