Chapter 3 - You Won't Find God

“No, no, it can’t be. That can’t be what he said.” Stiles looked between Malia and me, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Stiles… it was. The memory Scott had was of Kate asking Chris if someone could be turned by a scratch… He said it was possible if the claws went deep enough.” He looked at me worried for a while before I continued. “Peter clawed out her throat while he was an alpha. I’d say that’s pretty deep.”

“Who’s Kate?” Malia asked. I looked at her and then back at Stiles and indicated for him to answer. I only came into the whole werewolf loop towards the end of Kate’s reign so Stiles would probably be a better explainer.

“She was a hunter, an Argent. She didn’t follow the code though and basically wanted everything with claws to die. She was the one who lit and orchestrated the fire that killed nearly the entire Hale family.” Stiles went into further detail to explain to Malia everything that happened. He had just finished when there was a loud noise outside the door before it swung open.

The Blonde and the leader guy were standing there. “Let’s go.” She said in a casual tone, but her positioning of her little electric want said she’d bring us down if we tried anything.

I know I said I’d kill her the next time I saw her, but this time was different. They were letting us go and I didn’t want to be stuck in here any longer.

“Hurry up, before we change our mind.” The guy spat.

We stood up and walked out, following the man as the blonde trialled behind us. When we made it outside we saw Lydia and immediately all powerwalked over to her.

“Where’s Scott?” Stiles asked.

“Talking with Araya.” She nodded behind us to where the two were rounding a corner.

“Now I know what kind of Alpha you are and where your next step lies.” Araya was saying.

“What next step?”

“When you take the bite of an innocent. When you make a wolf of your own. When you do that then I will cross the border and come knocking at your door.” She walked away and Scott headed towards us. Stiles and I met him half way.

“Scotty… I don’t particularly want to meet these people ever again. Promise me you’ll never bite anyone.”

He smiled a little, “Don’t worry, I don’t plan too.”

“So what’s the plan now?” Stiles asked.

“She’s giving us a guide.” Scott shrugged at the same time someone on a motorbike rounded a corner and stopped between us, making Stiles jump back. He bumped into me and I looked at him in a way that said, Really? He shrugged and sighed as he looked back at the new comer while I smiled and shook my head.

The rider took off her helmet as dark hair flowed down her shoulders. My smile dropped. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“You know her?” Stiles asked.

“Breadon.” I said a little bitterly.

“I’m the only one that is going to take you to the church.” She said back at me.

“Or… you could draw us a nice pretty map.”

Scott nudged me before Stiles asked, “What’s the church?”

“It’s not a place you’ll find God.”