Chapter 27 - Third Cypher

Listen to the song in the media and i explain the meaning of it in regards to Peter and Anna at the end. 

I decided to knock this time, but I didn’t get a reply so I went for the spare key and let myself in to discover Peter wasn’t actually home. I, as always, made myself comfortable. I looked for food in the pantry, discovered that he still didn’t have any, but I found a stray tea bag so I made a cup of tea before setting myself up on the couch and flicking through the channels until I found a F.R.I.E.N.D.S rerun. However friends reminded me of Isaac, so I rang him.

“Hey Stranger.” I said once he answered the phone. “How’s Paris treating you? You sick of yet, you wanna come home?”

Isaac chuckled. “Sorry, I think Paris beats Beacon Hills. But you should come here.” He said. I found myself smiling into the phone, but I could feel tears threatening to spill over. Isaac knew nothing about what had been going on. I couldn’t tell him. It was for his own good. If he was here now he’d be on a hit list, I’d much rather he was in Paris, even if I couldn’t be there with him. “Anna?”

“Yeah, sorry, I’m here and I plan to, but I kind of have to graduate first.” I joked.

“Graduate? Who needs to do that? I didn’t.”

“Oh, stop. How’s your French coming along?”

“Aah… yeah… it’s getting better.”

I laughed. “You don’t sound very sure about that.”

“Hey, I’m trying, okay?” He defended, making me laugh a little more.

I heard the door open and close behind and I turned around on the couch to see Peter, who for the first time didn’t glare, raise his eyebrows or narrow his eyes at my unannounced presence in his apartment. I stood up off the couch and made my way to the kitchen bench, placing my cup down on it. “Hey, Isaac, I’ve got to go, but I’ll talk to you soon, yeah?”

“Yeah sure.”

“Oh, and thank-you for the chocolates.” I added. Peter reached over to take my cup of tea, but I slapped his hand away, that’s when he glared. “Make your own.” I whispered to him, coving the phone so Isaac couldn’t hear me. He huffed, but went into the kitchen to find another tea bag.

“You’re welcome. Did you get to eat them all or did Scott and Stiles beat you to it.”

“Yeah I hid them, but I could use more…” I said, dropping a not so subtle hint.

Isaac laughed before replying. “Alright, I’ll see what I can do. I’ll talk to you soon. Stay out of trouble.”

“Likewise.” I said before hanging up.

“Okay, so was that the last tea bag?” Peter questioned as soon as I hung up the phone.

“Quite possibly. You really need to go shopping. What have you been eating?”

“Derek gives me money for food during the day, but not enough to do an actual grocery run.” I tried to stifle a laugh. “I’m glad you find this so amusing.”

“Sorry, I’m just picturing you and Derek arguing over your daily allowance.” I smiled.

“Okay, why are you here?” Peter asked, changing the topic.

“Well.” I pushed myself up on the counter and crossed my legs on the bench. Peter glared at me, but ignored him. “We went and saw Meredith, that banshee in Eichen again to see if she’d tell us the third cypher key, which she didn’t, but I asked her if there was anyone else that could tell us. She’d only talk to me alone so the others had to leave the room, but she basically implied that I had to speak with you.”