Chapter 28 - Thanks Buddy

I made it to the hospital, dripping wet from the rain. I found Melissa as soon as I got there.

“Anna? What on earth…”

“Is Derek still here?”

“Yes… he’s in room 4.15.”

“Thank-you!” I yelled over my shoulder as I sprinted to the room. Once I made it to the forth level I saw Derek down the end of the corridor, sitting in one of the waiting chairs. He looked to his left and saw me standing there, still completely drenched, and stood up. I immediately ran to him and practically jumped into a hug.

“Hey, you alright, why are you wet?”

“Have you spoken to Stiles?” I asked once I pulled back.

He shook his head. “No, I haven’t spoken to anyone. Why?”

How the hell do I say this. “Lydia worked out the next cypher key. Only… this time it wasn’t someone who died. It was a prediction.”

“Who was it?” I remained silent. “Anna?”

“It was you. It was your name.”

“My name? So Lydia predicted my death?”

“Yes, but you’re alive so now that we know It’s coming we can help you.” I stated.

“Banshee’s don’t warn, Anna they predict.” Derek said.

“Same thing.”

“No…”

“Derek.” I said sternly. “Same thing.” I repeated.

“Alright.” He sighed. “Thank-you for telling me, but you should get home. Malia mentioned you guys had a big exam tomorrow?”

“Really?” I raised my eyebrows up.

Derek managed a small smile. “Yeah, really. Did you walk here?” He questioned, looking over my wet clothes again.

“Yep.”

He barely chuckled with a small smile, “I’ll drive you home.”

“Wait, how’s Braedon?”

“They said she’ll be fine, but I’m not allowed so I’m taking you home,” Derek grabbed my arm and started walking me down the corridor, “and then I’ll come back.”

“What happened?”

“Malia and I found Satomi’s pack, but they’d been poisoned by something. We were just about to leave when I saw Braedon. She was shot.”

“Did she say who did it? Or why she was there?”

“No, she didn’t say anything.”

Once we got outside the hospital we had to run to Derek’s car because of the rain, not that there was any point because I was already drenched, but Derek was the one that started running. “Scott’s place?” Derek asked.

I was about to say yes, but then thought about it. “No, Stiles’. The Sheriff was injured today I wanna see him.” Derek nodded and started the car.

“Where were you?” He finally asked as we drove. I looked at him, slightly confused. “If you were at Scott’s you would have driven your own car.”

“Jordan dropped me off at the clinic to see Liam, he was injured…”

“Yeah I know, Scott rang me just before we found the pack. Whose Jordan?” Derek asked.

“Oh, umm, Deputy Parrish. You didn’t know his first name?”

“No… I’ve only ever heard Deputy Parrish.” Derek said as he glanced over at me.

“Sorry. Anyway from there I walked to Peter’s and then I got the call from Stiles about the deadpool.”

“Why were you at Peter’s?”

“Why the 20 questions?” I asked back.

“Because my uncle is a homicidal lunatic.”

I chuckled, “I never denied that. He’s helping with controlling the whole wolf shifting thing, remember?” It wasn’t a lie, Peter was helping me… it just wasn’t why I went to see him.

“You know I could help you with that, you don’t need him.”

“Yeah? You ever shifted into a wolf?”

“No, but neither has he.”

“He came close.” Derek glared at me. “Ish.” I added before laughing a little for no apparent reason. Derek looked over at me again before smiling and shaking his head.

It was silent from then on and I found myself growing more and more tired until I felt myself beginning to drift off to sleep. I was half woken, what felt like a second later, by Derek lifting me out of the car. “Watchya doin’?” I asked groggily.

“Getting you to a bed.” He said quietly back. Approaching the front door Derek somehow managed to knock while carrying me and waited for an answer which turned out to be Stiles.

“She alright?” I heard him ask, but I was already falling back to sleep.

“Yeah, she’d fine, I think it’s just a lack of sleep catching up to her.”

“Stiles?” I whispered. “How’s your dad?” I wasn’t sure if it was audible, but it made sense to me.

I heard him chuckle a little, “He’s fine. He’s asleep.” My back suddenly found a mattress and I recognised I was in the room I always stayed at in the Stilinski house. “I’ve got it from here, thanks Derek.” I heard Stiles say and Derek begin to leave.

“Derek?” I mumbled and heard his footsteps stop. “Be careful.” I muttered as I curled up and finally started to drift off to sleep as he began to walk away again.

I felt a blanket on top of me and knew it was Stiles. My last words before I fell into a well overdue sleep were, “Thanks buddy.”

So i thought it was about time we had a Danna moment and i also missed the days Anna lived in the Stilinski house, so that's why this chapter is the way it is. 

Also Lets appreciate Stiles in the image, he's beautiful and painfully cute :)