Chapter 8 - The Return Of Miguel

“You’re an alpha.” Baby Derek said once Scott showed him his eyes. “Okay, who are you? And who’s he, who are you?” He asked Stiles.

“Oh, we’re the guys keeping you out of jail.” Stiles shot back.

“Let us help you.”

“No.” Derek said, shaking his head.

“Okay, dude, you almost tore apart two cops back there. You need to start listening to us and that starts with no fangs, no claws, no wolf-man, you got that?” Stiles counted each thing off on his fingers.

“I’m fine unless it’s a full moon. She was there, she saw, I had control.” He said pointing to me.

“You still have trouble with the moon?” Scott asked. I was a little surprised myself.

“I said I’m fine.”

“Look, are you coming with us or not?” Stiles asked.

“You want me to trust you? Where’s my family?”

“There was a fire.” I blurted out, unable to keep it in. Stiles turned to me accusingly.

“They’re not here anymore. They’re fine. They just had to move out of Beacon Hills.” Scott added. “And we’re going to take you to them, as soon as we figure out how to get your memories back.” Scott added. Derek looked up at him and then over at me.

“Okay.” He finally agreed. I could hear the slight uptick in Scott’s heart rate, but apparently Derek didn’t.

Before long Derek was signing release papers. “I shouldn’t have done that. I lied my ass off.” Scott said.

“Apparently little Derek isn’t to clued in with his abilities. I don’t think he even thought to keep tabs on your heart rate.” I said as we all looked over to Derek who was standing with Haigh. “You did the right thing though. He wouldn’t have trusted us any other way.”

“Yeah and you saved him a ton of unnecessary pain. We’ll figure this out in a day or two and everyone goes back to being happy, except for Derek, who’s never happy.” Stiles added.

“He’s just another person who we’re lying too. I just feel it’s always better when we tell the truth.” Scott said. “With Lydia, my mum, your dad.” Scott said, gesturing to Stiles, skipping over my dad as usual.

“Yeah, but that’s Derek Hale in there. He may be a kid, but it’s still Derek Hale, Scott.”

“Alright, take him to my house, both of you, and don’t let him out of your sight.”

“And where are you going?”

“I’m going to the guy we should have gone to before.” Scott added.

“Aah, I hate that guy.” Stiles said.

“I should go with you. I mean I’m the only one who can tolerate him, remember?” I added.

“Meet me later, first help Stiles get Derek to my place and settled. I think he trusts you more than us at the moment.” Scott said and then took off.

“Why him? Why?” Stiles asked me.

“Because Peter is the only one who knew Derek when he was a teen and he seems to be all knowing in everything so he’s probably our best bet.” I shrugged as Derek walked up to us. “Ready?” I asked. He nodded as he tucked his hands into his pockets and Stiles and I led him to the Jeep.

By the time we got to Scott’s the sun had set. “We’re just going to wait here for Scott. We’re going to sit quietly. We’re not going to call or talk to anyone.” Stiles laid out the rules for little puppy faced Derek as he powerwalked in front of us.