Chapter 39 - Bacon

So I'll explain now. I wrote this while eating bacon so...

Despite my lack of sleep the past few nights I woke up at 5am feeling awake and fresh so I decided to take Buster for a run that turned into a walk because Buster just gave up at some point. He was very fit dog, but I hadn't had a lot of time to take him out lately so he had put on a bit of pudge. Mostly that was because I'd often catch Scott feeding him old leftovers.

When I got back I had a shower and got ready for the day. When I came down stairs, surprise, surprise, Scott was handing Buster his leftover bacon that he apparently wasn't going to eat.

"Really?"

"What? Red meat will make him strong, won't it Dog?" Scott said as he ruffled his ears and Buster barked over the word dog.

"You're all terrible influences on my baby. He doesn't respond to his name, he's turning into a giant black butter ball and the other week I caught Stiles trying to teach him how to open the fridge so he could fetch the ketchup for his curly fries."

Scott chuckled. "Alright, I've got practise. Are your coming to the bonfire tonight?"

"Don't know, are you?" I shrugged.

"Have to, team captain and all that." He sighed.

I nodded, "Alright, well you should go. I'll see you later."

"Okay, there's some more bacon in the pan." Scott said before heading out the door. I'm glad I wasn't heavily involved in some sport. I mean it was a Saturday and Scott had to go to school.

By the time I had finished off the bacon, fed buster and brushed my teeth I got a call from Stiles. "Come to the station. Lydia cracked the cypher, we've got the list and we're about to get Parrish to look up the names. There's something else as well... The deadpool is being sent to every fax machine in Beacon Hills." Stiles stated.

"Well that's one way to do it. I'm on my way." I hung up and headed fort he door, but noticed one lone piece of bacon still sitting on Scott's plate. I looked around as if expecting him to come running back through the door to fetch it before snatching it off the plate and running out the door. I stopped when I reached my car and then decided to take Buster with me. He needed to get out more. So I piled him into the passenger's seat and grabbed his lead before finally driving off.

It only took five minutes to get to the station and I still had half a bit of crisp bacon in my hand when I walked through the door. For some reason I was very hungry today and I couldn't care less about what the deputy outside thought of my bacon as I walked passed him to go inside with Buster on a lead padding along beside.

I met Stiles, Lydia and Jordan in one of the rooms and when Stiles saw the bacon I found myself clutching it a little over protectively.

"So... what's new?" I asked walking over to them.

"Why the bacon and the dog?" Lydia asked causing Buster to bark yet again over dog.

"I'm hungry and he's turning into a shut in couch potato." I said defensively. "Who's on the deadpool?"

"No-one we know except Lydia's grandmother." Stiles said.

"And it's not another deadpool, more like an already deadpool." Jordan said, looking at his computer screen.

"All of them?" Lydia asked. "All dead?"

"Yep, in the last ten years. All suicides and all at the same place." Jordan explained.

"Wait, let me guess." I said before he could continue. "Eichen House." Jordan nodded. "Shocker." I said and then took another bite of the bacon. I was savouring it. "Does this mean we're going on another adventure?"