Chapter 43 - Ranting, Raving Lunatic

Peter sat opposite Meredith looking very pissed while Jordan stood across the room from them keeping an eye on things as Lydia, the Sherriff and myself were behind the glass.

"He does not look happy at all. I really think I should be in there."

"No, that's why Parrish is in there." Stilinki explained.

"Parrish may be supernatural, but we don't know what he is and he doesn't know how to use whatever abilities he may have. I may not have amazing control myself, but I do know how to use strength and speed, which could come in handy against Peter. Plus he listens to me, he's not going to listen to Parrish." Lydia gave me a sceptical look, "Okay, fine, he sometimes listens to me... sort of... maybe... occasionally. Well, more than anyone else here, that's my point!"

"No." The sheriff said bluntly making me sigh and turn back to the window in the viewing room.

"Okay... Meredith... where's my money?" Peter asked, getting right to the point. "Or more correctly, what's left of it."

Meredith looked at Peter oddly before slowly lifting up her hand and reaching it out, gently brushing his cheek. Like a snake Peter whipped his hand up and latched onto her wrist, pulling her hand away.

"Let her go." Jordan said in a warning tone as he reached for his gun. "Let her go." He said more sternly when Peter did nothing. His grip slowly loosened before he lowered Meredith's hand back to the table.

"Why did you do that?" He asked, not looking up at her.

"They're all gone." Meredith stated. "The burns... they're all gone."

"How do you..."

"I saw them."

"We've never met before." Peter stated as Meredith nodded silently saying that they had. Peter shook his head, "Meredith, you put everyone including my nephew and my daughter on a death list. Don't you think you owe us the slightest explanation of why?" Peter asked, ignoring her.

Meredith lowered her head and whispered, but not low enough to keep it from hearing volume. "You said it had to be kept secret." She nodded.

"I said? I said that to you?"

She nodded, "You said it."

"Meredith... Allow me to remind you yet again that we have never met. Ever."

"You don't remember?" She asked.

"No..." Peter said harshly and I could sense something bad was about to happen. I ran for the door just as I heard him add, "But maybe you do." And Lydia yell out "No, don't!" as I heard a table being pushed out of the way.

I barged into the interrogation room just as I saw Jordan knocked down and Peter immediately dig his nails into the back of Meredith's neck. Not bothering with them, knowing I couldn't do anything now, I went straight to Jordan and helped him up. He slowly began to recover and get to his feet as the Sheriff and Lydia joined us.

"Don't touch them." I said right away when I saw both Jordan and the Sheriff reach for guns, the Sheriff using his left arm while his right remained in a sling from where he was shot.

"If you brake the bond you would kill them, both of them." Lydia explained quickly.

"What are we supposed to do?" The Sheriff asked.

"Leave them." I stated as I looked over at where Meredith sat in her chair and Peter stood in front of her, his nails digging into the back of her neck, accessing her thoughts. "He can pull back anytime and he will once he has his answers, but you can't rip them apart."