Chapter 31 - Shut Out

As the minutes ticked by it only got worse. Stiles sat on the ground with a sleeping Malia on his lap while Kira paced back and forth. Scott sat, hunched over on a bench getting paler by the second and I sat in a corner. I had a pounded headache which was slowly turning into a migraine and every fibre in my body wanted to collapse.

“You know, this is where is all started.” Stiles spoke up. “That’s where the money was.” Stiles gestured to a safe in the corner. “137 million in bearer bonds.” He stated.

“How do you even change bearer bonds into cash?” Kira asked.

“The bank, I guess. They just let it sit here the whole time collecting dust. You know bearer bonds are practically extinct?”

“Why does that even matter?”

“You know how many problems that money could solve?” Stiles asked.

“For you?”

“Me, my dad. The bills from Eichen House are crushing him.” Stiles said.

“Mum does this thing.” Scott began. “She writes down all the items in our budget, how much they cost and then she adds it all up and figures out how long we have until we lose the house.” He finished.

It went quiet for a while until Scott stood up and walked over to the door. “What are you doing?” I asked.

“Seeing if I can hear anything.” He explained as he leaned against the door. Stiles slowly stood up, being careful not to disturb Malia too much and walked over to him. I slowly got up and joined them.

“Anything?” Stiles asked.

“They’re looking for us.” He stated. “Someone’s going to have to go out there.” Scott said as he looked back.

Malia had woken up and was having trouble breathing while Kira sat down next to her. “We need to tell her the truth about Peter. She’s going to see the rest of the deadpool eventually.” Scott said quietly.

“He’s right, Stiles.”

“Try to remember that Peter is the one name missing from that list. Which either makes him incredibly lucky or the Benefactor. If she finds out about him she’s going to go to him, you know she will… and he’s going to twist his way into her head like everyone.” Stiles said, but made a point to look at me. I rolled my eyes, but left them to go and see Malia, but made sure I kept listening to their conversation, but neither of them noticed that I was or at least didn’t care.

“We let him walk around like nothing ever happened like he’s one of the good guys… Scott, he’s not one of the good guys.” Stiles said, in a stern, but very quiet voice that I could barely hear.

I felt Scott looking over to us, but I ignored it waiting to hear his response. I wanted to tell them about what Meredith had told me, but if this is how they reacted to him not being on the list, then I doubted that would have been a good idea.

“If she finds out about him, she’s gone.” Stiles added. “That’s probably what he’s waiting for and no matter what you say to Anna… she won’t believe you. It’s like the whole Matt thing all over again.”

“Anna is on our side, Stiles.” Scott added like he was insane. They definitely didn’t think I was listening. Scott would have been able to tell with the connection if he wasn’t weakened by whatever sickness or virus this was.

“Meredith told her something at Eichen House, I know she did, but Anna didn’t say anything and when we got back to Beacon Hills, right after she checked on you and Liam, the first thing she did was go to Peter.” Scott didn’t say anything. “Scott if Peter wins, we lose.”

“We’re already loosing.” Scott whispered back, but this time loud enough for us all to hear. When I turned around I saw the black blood seeping from his nails.

“Malia, lye down.” I whispered to her. She followed my instructions and within seconds she was drifting off to sleep again. Scott stumbled over back to the bench and Kira went to him.

I stood up and back away from Stiles as he went to Malia. ‘I’m leaving for a few.” Stiles said quietly to her. “Whatever is happening, it’s worse for you guys, which means it’s another assassin.” Stiles felt her arm and then pulled off his jacket, throwing it over her shoulders to keep her warm.

“You’re coming back, right?”

“Yeah.” Stiles smiled. “I’d never leave you behind.” He said the same words to her that she’d said a few weeks back which made her smile as he placed a kiss on her forehead. He stood up and headed for the door.

My head spun for the second time today, but worse than it was before and the next thing I knew I felt my knees crash into the ground followed by my back.

Stiles POV

Sties walked through the door and looked over his shoulder at his friends. Scott was hunched over, ghostly pale with red circles around his eyes while Kira rubbed his back. She didn’t seem as bad as the others, but she was noticeably getting worse. Anna was stood up when Stiles went to Malia and was yet to sit back down, but looked like she needed to. Beads of sweat were falling from her brow and her eyes had gone dark. And then there was Malia. Malia was cold and weak and was frequently falling in and out of consciousness. She had small amounts of black blood coming from her mouth that made Stiles’ stomach twist.

The doors began to, separating him from his friends, but not before he caught a glimpse of Anna’s shaky legs giving out as she collapsed to the ground. He went to run back, but it was too late and the heavy doors slammed shut and there was no way he could get back in without Malia.

Soooooo many updates!!!! i'm on a roll :)