Chapter 37 - Rain and Thunder

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked as he turned Jordan's hands over, seeing that he didn't have a single mark on him. Jordan nodded as a reply.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it?" Lydia asked. "The parts of the body that is essentially dead."

"Well they should be gone." Derek confirmed.

"I was set on fire... all of me should be gone." Parrish said, still confused.

"Not if you're like us." Scott chimed in.

"Like you?" Parrish questioned.

"I don't think he's like us." Derek said back.

"Then what?" I asked.

"I have no idea." Derek shook his head.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott added.

"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the Bestiary, did you try Argent?"

"I don't know where he is." Scott shrugged.

"Okay, hold on." Jordan spoke up. "What's a Bestiary? Actually no, that's not even my first question. Just tell me one thing. Are you all like Lydia?" He asked. "Are you all psychic?"

Scott looked shocked while Derek raised his eyebrows up. I held in a laugh and Lydia smiled. "Psychic?" Derek questioned, almost offended.

"Yeah..."

"Not exactly."

"Okay, then... what are you?"

Derek looked over to me and I turned to Scott who was looking back in a way that said he really didn't want to do the thing. "Go on." I nodded at him. "Be the alpha." I stated with a proud grin as I playfully punched him in the arm. Scott sighed and closed his eyes. When he opened them again they were glowing the alpha red.

Parrish didn't react; in fact he remained utterly still, too still. He was essentially frozen.

"Alright, so I'm just going to jump in... We're werewolves." I stated which earned me a nudge from Scott. "Well where else were we going with this?" I shot at him. "Except Lydia... she's a Banshee, so was Meredith." I added.

Jordan shook his head before backing up and taking a seat in a chair behind him. Then we began to bombard him with explanations.

"What's a Kanima?" Parrish asked once we had all rambled out as much as we could.

"We'll get back to that." Scott said. "Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some sort of supernatural ability is on the deadpool."

"But I don't even know what I am!"

"I'm pretty sure they don't care." Derek said helpfully.

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" He asked another question.

"We're starting to lose count." Lydia stated.

"But is it still just professionals?" Scott asked.

"You said that you didn't think Haigh was an assassin." I said to Jordan.

"Yeah, I don't think he'd tried anything like this before. I think he was taking a chance." Jordan said to the others.

"That means anyone with the deadpool can take a chance." Derek concluded.

"If Haigh had it then who else does? How easy is to get this thing now?" Jordan asked, looking at Derek, but none of us answered. We had to crack the code to get it, but maybe the Benefactor was becoming desperate and just handing it out somehow.

"It can't just be handed out to anyone. To someone who has no idea what's going on its just names and numbers, it doesn't come with instructions. Haigh is a deputy, he'd have enough of an idea and the capability of putting the pieces together, but he couldn't have known about the supernatural otherwise he probably would have had a better plan."

"Fire still kills." Derek stated.

"Yes, but I mean the way he did it. We can brake out of chains, zip ties and a car steering wheel aren't going to do much." I explained.

"Haigh didn't know why I was wanted dead." Jordan agreed. "Okay, so can we go back to the beginning? The Benefactor created this list..."

"No." Lydia jumped in before he could continue. "The Benefactor didn't. We think my Grandmother did. Stiles actually thinks my grandmother is the Benefactor."

"I thought your grandmother was..."

"We think she faked her death." Lydia cut Derek off. "She could also just be helping whoever it is. But there's more. I found a photo of Meredith at the Lake house. I asked my mum and she told me Meredith had come and visited my Grandmother there once. Only once, but I think that was enough." Lydia said as she took a seat on the foot of the bed in the loft.

"How did your grandmother know her?" Derek asked.

"She didn't. She found her because of another women named Maddy, he women the loved." Lydia stood and walked over to where Scott and I were standing, handing him a photo of her grandmother and Maddy. "I never met her, but I saw her name everywhere. She used to be part of a yacht racing team."

"How'd she die?" Jordan asked, now standing as well.

"That's not the story, it's what happened right before... My grandmother, Loraine, used to work in San Francisco for IBM. She was down there for a weekend, catching up on work when she started to hear this sound... like rain, but when she looked out the windows all she saw was blue sky, but the rain never stopped. It just kept getting louder... rain, thunder, like gunshots in her head. It got so loud she finally just screamed."

"Like a banshee." Derek stated.

"She called Maddy who was planning on taking one of the boats out onto the lake. She said the sun was shinning their too so Loraine didn't say anything."

"There was an accident." Jordan stated.

"It took them four days to find Maddy's body and it took decades to find out how Loraine knew. The day they found Maddy it was raining... storming. She started with parapsychologists; they built the study in the lake house. None of it worked. Then she started to get into things like Mediums and Psychics, all of them were failures until Meredith. They found her at Eichen House. This fragile girl who didn't understand the things she heard. They brought her to the study and they almost killed her. She was hospitalized for almost a year. She... she never really recovered... my grandmother drove her insane... and I drove her to suicide. All she wanted to do was help."

"We don't know it was suicide." I found myself saying. Lydia looked at me sceptically. "She was on the list, I'm fairly sure professionally assassins are more than capable of faking a suicide and in Eichen house..."

"There'd be no reason to investigate." Jordan finished for me.

"Yeah, but we don't know for certain." Lydia said before walking over to her bag and pulling out a piece of paper. "My grandmother created the code for the deadpool. I think she's the banshee who put the names out in the first place. She left me this message in the same code."

"But she didn't leave a cypher key did she?" Scott asked and Lydia shook her head.

Boring explanatory chapter which is why it took so long to get up, i'm sorry.