Connected (Teen Wolf) Book 4

By jinx1996

Anna and Scott are now bonded. He can help her control the Nix, but it still seeps through occasionally in he... More

Preface - Can't Go Back
Chapter 1 - Mexican Rave
Chapter 2 - Echoes
Chapter 3 - You Won't Find God
Chapter 4 - Brake Down
Chapter 5 - Watched
Chapter 6 - Smugglers
Chapter 7 - Time Travelling
Chapter 8 - The Return Of Miguel
Chapter 9 - Friendship
Chapter 10 - 137
Chapter 11 - Calling France
Chapter 12 - Game Locker
Chapter 13 - Story Time
Chapter 14 - Never Ending Night
Chapter 15 - Fashion, Flirting, and Falling
Chapter 16 - Bouncer Duties
Hi
Chapter 17 - Deadpool
Chapter 18 - Pillow Talk
Chapter 19 - American Beauty / American Psycho
Chapter 20 - Bone Chilling Fear
Chapter 21 - Big Macs and Pringles
Chapter 22 - The Locker Room Again
Chapter 23 - Aiden
Chapter 24 - The Orphans
Good evening :)
Chapter 25 - Hey Parrish... So... You're On A Hit-list
Chapter 26 - Banshee Screams
Chapter 27 - Third Cypher
Chapter 28 - Thanks Buddy
Chapter 29 - CDC
Chapter 30 - Quarantine
Chapter 31 - Shut Out
Chapter 32 - Reishi
Chapter 33 - As I Lay Dying
Chapter 34 - Plan Z
Chapter 35 - Countdown
Chapter 36 - Naked Deputy Jordan Parrish
Jordan
Chapter 37 - Rain and Thunder
Chapter 38 - Food and Sleep
Chapter 39 - Bacon
Chapter 40 - I Think I Created A Lynch Mob
Chapter 41 - The Big Reveal
Titles
Chapter 42 - Peter Hale
Chapter 43 - Ranting, Raving Lunatic
Chapter 44 - Safe
Chapter 45 - Going To Church
Chapter 46 - Lydia Was Right
Chapter 47 - The Monsters Inside
Burnt
Chapter 48 - Carnage
Chapter 50 - Contained and Monitored
Chapter 51 - Anna's Lullaby

Chapter 49 - Bittersweet

4.6K 242 52
By jinx1996

Third Person

Derek sat unmoving, his heartbeat still and no breath to be noticed as gun fire sounded all around his limp body.

But his claws were beginning to grow.

"You're next Araya!" Kate yelled out as the leader of the hunters made her way to the werejaguar. "I'm coming to kill you next." She repeated. The older women pulled out her electric stick (Okay, someone needs to actually tell me what those things are called because I can only say 'electric stick' and 'lightsaber' so many times).

"Come, La Loba. Let me show you how the Calaveras die."

Kate faced her opponent, preparing herself for a fight that wouldn't be as easy as she believed, but it never came. After three steps a loud howl echoed from near by snapping the two women's attention to the broken sandstone wall that hid Derek Hale's body.

Braedon, now having the opportunity to look back to Derek saw nothing but a pile of clothes as a black wolf leapt over the wall, eyes glowing blue. Kate roared at the animal that reminded her so much of Talia Hale as the wolf stared her down for a moment before running at a full sprint, and knocking her to the ground, teeth bared before biting down on her shoulder.

All around people stopped what they were doing, even the giant beast of a Berserker. Jordan Parrish lowered his shot gun and looked back in both surprise and confusion as the wolf stepped away from a screaming Kate Argent, leaving her cowering on the ground as the animal began to take human form. On its back was the triskelion spiral as Derek Hale loomed over Kate Argent.

"You were... you were dead." Kate breathed, now back in her human form as well.

"No." Derek shook his head, "I was evolving. Something you'll never do." Derek finished.

A growl snapped his attention to the right as the Berserker charged at him, swinging a claw out that Derek backed away from before locking his hands on either side of the scull encasing its head and ripping it apart as a bright yellow light erupted from inside and the body of the once human turned to ash.

Kate got up to run, but a single bullet from her own brothers gun, laced with yellow wolfs bane, ripped through her shoulder and she fell back to the ground.

"C-Chris." She whispered once she saw his face and once again stumbled to her feet and ran inside, an injured Chris Argent right behind her.

Peter Hale had almost killed him when he confronted him about his plans with Kate, but Jordan had found and saved the hunter before they went to the Calaveras for backup, bringing them to La Iglesia, but no injury would stop Chris Argent as he ran after his sister, clutching his side.

Anna POV.

"Anna, stop." Kira begged, her sword swinging out in front of her in an attempt to keep me away, but not hurt me.

"Come on, Kira. You can do better than that. You drove that sword through my back last time, where's that fighter?"

"We had Deaton last time." She defended, swinging the sword out again as I stalked her. Stiles stood back next to Liam, neither of them knowing what to do as Malia began to recover. Scott and Peter fought behind us, evenly matched, but I was in no hurry as I played with the people I had once called friends.

Unlike the others, Malia didn't hesitate once she got to her feet, leaping towards me with a growl. I blocked her first claw and then her second before latching onto her wrist and slamming my heel into her stomach hard, not letting go of my grip so the force was twice as bad. She doubled over with a grunt as I let go and then spun around, driving my other heel into her chest and sending her flying back, crashing to the ground exactly where Peter had previously sent her.

I whipped my head back to Kira who stared at where Malia lay unconscious, attacking while she was distracted, but her fast reflexes proved useful to her as her sword lashed out yet again, this time cutting my arm, but doubling my rage as I roared at her.

"Anna!" Stiles practically screamed, drawing my attention to him before I could attack Kira again. Liam stood next to him, claws out apparently getting ready for me. "Anna, listen to me." I smiled, overly amused by the desperation in his voice as I calmly stepped closer, now back to human form. No one ran at me, leaving Stiles to try and get through. "You can control this, I know you can."

My smile dropped as I flicked my claws out again and let my eyes glow, but nothing more.

"No don't." Stiles stopped Liam when he went to make a move. The beta stepped back, leaving only Stiles in my sight, completely ignoring the fight behind me unlike everyone else who was frequently glancing over to Peter and Scott. "Anna, remember what you said at the school. You said you would always choose Scott and me, Anna. You said it. So choose us now." I stopped walking as Stiles nodded a little.

***

"Stiles..." I wasn't sure if he could hear it, I barely heard myself. "You know I'd chose you and Scott over Peter, right?"

"What?" I could hear a slight sob in his voice, but I couldn't see it, I couldn't see anything.

"I heard you... before... I would never..."

"Hey, hey, I know, I know. It's okay." I felt him brush back a strand of hair before I felt him turn and yell again. "Scott!!!"

***

"You can do this, Anna." Stiles continued. "I know you can. You stayed in control on the way here for Scott. You can do it again. I know you can. You've done it before." He pleaded.

***

"Anna... I need you to stay with me. I'm not leaving until you come back." Isaac said, looking me in the eye.

"You really aren't are you?" I smiled at Isaac as I slowly came back to reality.

He smiled back, "Never."

***

But Isaac did leave. I was better on my own. It was easier that way. A growled again and began to advance as Stiles held up his hands defensively.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What did my dad say?!" Stiles yelled. "What did you say Anna? On the phone."

"You really don't give up do you, Stiles." I said in a disgusted voice.

"No." He breathed, shaking his head slowly. "I won't. I heard my dad on the phone before, now what did you promise him?" Stiles demanded, knowing the answer, but wanting me to say it myself. I shook my head. "Anna..." Stiles breathed.

***

"Keep him safe, yeah? Watch out for him?" He asked.

I looked up at Stiles, still holding the phone and smiled, "Yeah. Always do."

***

I felt a coolness in my eyes as they faded to their normal colour and I stopped the low growls that came from deep within my chest, suddenly becoming very aware of Liam's ready stance of attack standing next to Malia who had at some point got up ready to defend Stiles and then Kira standing beside me, sword ready... then the roars and pained grunts from Peter and Scott from behind. I looked over my shoulder at my best friend and the traitor in the middle of a fight that seemed to go on and on, but Peter was winning as he threw Scott around.

Liam took a step closer and Peter's attention snapped to the young beta as he gripped hold of an old bench that was left in the ruins of the church and threw it at Liam, making him duck as the woods shattered and splintered around him.

I felt my eyes glowing again as my canines grew, this time in complete control as I roared in Peter's directions as loud as Scott had earlier, making the man who I had once believed a friend to look back at my protective stance in front of Liam, Stiles, Malia and Kira, providing Scott with an opportunity to attack while Peter was distracted.

Scott jumped to his feet and ran at Peter as the blue eyed beta spun back around, lashing out time after time, Scott easily dodging each attempt with a new found strength over Peter's attack on Liam. He blocked and he dodged effortlessly until he eventually found an opening, driving his fist hard into Peter's abdomen and then punching up, sending him flying high in the air and soaring backwards before he hurtled into another bench then crumbled under the force.

Scott leapt onto a nearby stone table, looming over Peter as our enemy once again began to recover, struggling to his knees and looking up at the True Alpha.

"You were never an alpha, Peter, but you were always a monster." Scott stated.

Peter began to growl, growing more enraged, but a loud voice lashed out across the room like a whip, stopping everyone in their tracks, Peter Hale above all.

"Peter!"

We all turned to look at one of the side entrances to Peter's left where a women stood, a single handgun raised, pointing at Peter as another rifle hung over her shoulder.

Malia shuffled closer to me and whispered, "Isn't that the chick who kicked your ass last time we were in Mexico?"

"Yeah," I breathed.

"Do we know who she is?" Malia asked in a low tone.

I swallowed hard and my heart pounded as my eyes flicked between the blonde hunter and the blue-eyed werewolf. "I have a hunch." I said back in a small voice as I took one step forward.

"Give it up, Peter." The women said back, her gun still raised and aimed at his head.

"Do it." Peter spat through his canines.

She shook her slowly. "Only if you give me a reason to." She said back in a small low voice, but he heard. Peter's face softened as he transformed back into his human form with heavy breaths, his gaze latched on the hunter. The women looked over to Scott. "Go." She nodded towards the exit as Scott jumped down from the stone table, keeping his gaze on Peter who was no longer paying any attention.

I walked over to Scott and took his hand slowly pulling him back to the others as they all seemed confused as to why I was letting this women take over.

Scott tensed unsure if we could trust her, but I nodded simply before looking back over to her. Her eyesight was still fixed on Peter and I saw something flick across her face. Disappointment? Fondness? Compassion? It was clear she knew him and I knew my earlier hunch was correct.

"You're Selene, aren't you." I said it as a statement in a small voice.

She nodded slightly, locking her gaze with mine. "I'm with the Calaveras. They're outside fighting Kate and a Berserker with Argent and your deputy." Whatever fondness that had been on her face before had now vanished. Her voice was to the point, emotionless and stern.

"Derek?" I asked right away.

She shook her head, "I don't know." Her gaze went back to a still sitting Peter who seemed incapable of movement.

(Play media song).

I pulled Scott back towards the exit and he seemed to comply this time at the news of her being a hunter and the other reluctantly followed, but I stopped in the doorway to turn back as they continued on. Selene took a few more steps towards Peter, her gun finally lowering a few inches.

"They said you were dead." Peter finally spoke in a register that I had never heard before from him.

"Araya's lie... not mine." She shook her head gently as she took another step closer and knelt down in front of him.

The look on Peter's face almost made it seem like he thought he was hallucinating. A hand reached up and brushed the edge of her face outlining it delicately. A clear emotion hadn't yet registered on his face as she took his hand and wrapped it in her own. Peter opened his mouth, I think going to say her name, but stopped and instead, of all things, wrapped his arms around her. He may have carried some form of hate or want of revenge for her betrayal, but it seemed to evaporate in that moment. Araya had told him she was dead and I believe the only thing Peter cared for in that moment was the fact that she wasn't. I felt an unapproved of tear rolling down my cheek, but I didn't wipe it away. Peter saw me over Selene's shoulder and my emotions soon changed to betrayal again and he could see it.

That was the moment she chose. Peter's eyes had just connected with mine when Selene plunged a syringe into the side of his neck, but he didn't seem to fight back. His eyes slowly closed and she let him rest peacefully on the ground. Selene rose to stand over him, one stray tear falling down her cheek as she looked down at the once again unconscious Peter and then she looked over her shoulder at me. I let my eyes rest on Peter one more time before turning away and wiping away the tear.

Through everything, I didn't want to see him dead, but he needed to be contained and monitored. I knew that and so did Selene.

Ta-daaaaa! Still got a few chapters to go :D

Desperately need opinions on this one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 94 45
"your making a mistake..." " I guess that's love..." " am I do?" He said " definitely..." Jane said " I guess love is hate..." *small love square* ...
17.2K 424 36
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅• Anastasia Clementine didn't really know how she ended up in New York but she was more than glad she found her place beside Step...
222K 4.1K 13
Melody Reed and Seth Clearwater, two completely different people. Yet, the same in so many ways. Melody, a young girl who loves photography and life...
18.6K 615 29
(#28 Legolas green leaf) Emily and Legolas were engaged and soon to be married. As Legolas went looking for the Arkenstone Emily and King Thranduil h...