Connected (Teen Wolf) Book 4

By jinx1996

Anna and Scott are now bonded. He can help her control the Nix, but it still seeps through occasionally in he... More

Preface - Can't Go Back
Chapter 1 - Mexican Rave
Chapter 2 - Echoes
Chapter 3 - You Won't Find God
Chapter 4 - Brake Down
Chapter 5 - Watched
Chapter 6 - Smugglers
Chapter 7 - Time Travelling
Chapter 8 - The Return Of Miguel
Chapter 9 - Friendship
Chapter 10 - 137
Chapter 11 - Calling France
Chapter 12 - Game Locker
Chapter 13 - Story Time
Chapter 14 - Never Ending Night
Chapter 15 - Fashion, Flirting, and Falling
Chapter 16 - Bouncer Duties
Hi
Chapter 17 - Deadpool
Chapter 18 - Pillow Talk
Chapter 19 - American Beauty / American Psycho
Chapter 20 - Bone Chilling Fear
Chapter 21 - Big Macs and Pringles
Chapter 22 - The Locker Room Again
Chapter 23 - Aiden
Chapter 24 - The Orphans
Good evening :)
Chapter 25 - Hey Parrish... So... You're On A Hit-list
Chapter 26 - Banshee Screams
Chapter 27 - Third Cypher
Chapter 28 - Thanks Buddy
Chapter 29 - CDC
Chapter 30 - Quarantine
Chapter 31 - Shut Out
Chapter 32 - Reishi
Chapter 33 - As I Lay Dying
Chapter 34 - Plan Z
Chapter 35 - Countdown
Chapter 36 - Naked Deputy Jordan Parrish
Jordan
Chapter 37 - Rain and Thunder
Chapter 38 - Food and Sleep
Chapter 39 - Bacon
Chapter 40 - I Think I Created A Lynch Mob
Chapter 41 - The Big Reveal
Titles
Chapter 42 - Peter Hale
Chapter 43 - Ranting, Raving Lunatic
Chapter 44 - Safe
Chapter 45 - Going To Church
Chapter 46 - Lydia Was Right
Chapter 47 - The Monsters Inside
Burnt
Chapter 49 - Bittersweet
Chapter 50 - Contained and Monitored
Chapter 51 - Anna's Lullaby

Chapter 48 - Carnage

4.7K 215 27
By jinx1996

Third Person POV

Derek lay against the broken sandstone wall with Braedon standing over him, frewuently watching around them for any threats.

"Can you still pull a trigger?" She asked him.

"Yeah." Derek nodded through deep breaths, growing weaker by the second.

"Okay." Braedon pulled out a 38 from her belt and placed it in his shaky hands, "Stay with me, you're going to be okay."

"It's ah... mortal wound and right now... I'm feeling pretty mortal." Derek half whispered and half spoke just as a loud menacing growl erupted from inside the church, causing them both to turn their heads towards the entrance. "That was Anna."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive... kind of distinctive." He whispered, but no one said anymore as the sound of a loud truck engine and a blaring radio came into earshot from behind the sandstone wall.

"Stay down." Braedon whispered to Derek as she stood up, her rifle in hand and slowly walked over to a wall to shield herself with, ducking out of sight just in time as truck came to a screeching halt outside the church right near the Toyota. The driver turned the engine off, but left the headlights and music playing as they swang the door open and landed with a thud in the sandy ground just as a new song blasted out through the speakers. (Play media song, kind of dramatic, but I'm officially making it this character's theme song J).

Derek was just out of sight where he lay and Braedon carefully peeked around the corner, sighing in relief once she recognised the red truck and the blonde locks that stood near it. The girl held a shotgun in her right hand, cocking it swiftly before bringing it out in front of her, ready for an attack.

"Don't shoot!" Braedon called out with a smile playing on her lips as she slowly walked out of the shadows, her gun now resting easily by her side. "You always were good at making an entrance." Braedon complimented as the girl walked around to the other side of the broken sandstone wall, smirking at the brunette, but instantly freezing upon seeing Derek Hale pressed up against it, weakly holding onto a hand gun and looking up at her in pain from his wound, but also utter shock.

"You've got to be kidding me." He managed. The girl swallowed and clenched her jaw, not knowing if she should run and help him, smile or shoot him.

"You know each other?" Braedon asked, quickly walking back over to where Derek sat.

"Give me one reason one I shouldn't shoot you now?" Derek spat through a pained grunt.

The girl's face went from rigid surprise to completely neutral as her gaze lingered on something in the distance. "Because you should save your bullets for them." She replied, nodding past where they had accumulated to where two figures emerged from fog. One was a giant beast, clad in bone, the other a women with medium length hair flying out behind her.

Braedon cocked her gun as both girls aimed it at the oncoming threats.

"You really going to fight for us, Selene?" Derek asked the blonde. A wicked smile flashed across her mouth as she stared down the approaching figures.

"All I know how to do is fight, Derek."

Anna POV

"Go find Kira and Scott!" Malia had yelled at Stiles, throwing him Kira's sword, but I paid no attention as Stiles ran off.

Instead I lunged at Peter, swinging my claws out. He dodged and ducked, avoiding fighting back, but once his back hit a wall he had little choice. He finally growled and gripped hold of my oncoming wrist before grabbed the other and ripped me around so I was now pressed against the wall.

"Alright, Anna, listen up. I know you like to pick the winning side and right now Kate sure looks like she's in the lead, but if you fight with me we can win. She won't give you anything, she won't offer you anything, you know that... but I can." He added in barely a whisper so no one else could hear. His eyes flicked over to where Liam and Malia were desperately fighting the Berserker who they didn't know was Scott. "I know that you know." Peter continued. I narrowed my eyes a little on him, realising he knew exactly where Scott was and who. "We take down him." He nodded over to Scott, "And the rest is easy."

And all this time I had thought that Mr Peter Hale was on our side for good. I found myself grinning back mischievously, suddenly highly amused by the situation, "Well, well, well, aren't you just the master of manipulation." I whispered so the other beings with supernatural hearing could hear, not wanting to give the game away. "Consider me jealous."

"We win and I'll teach you all about manipulation." He whispered back.

I sighed, "Hmm, you have yourself a deal, Mr. Hale. Now step back... I have a Berserker to kill." I spoke the last part loud enough for the others to hear as I gently rested my hand on Peter's chest and pushed him back, preparing to join in the other fight.

Third Person POV

Braedon and Selene fired round after round at the charging figures, the Berserker quite a few paces in front of Kate. Braedon ran out of rounds first, throwing her rifle to the ground and pulling out two handguns, alternating her shots between the two.

Selene fired her last round just as the Berserker reached them, knocking Braedon's guns to the side and lifting her up as Kate came at Selene. She reached for the knife in her boot and swung it at the werejaguar, ducking under her claws and swinging up with the blade that she too easily ducked.

Kate grabbed her right wrist with one hand, but Selene let go of the knife, letting it fall into her left hand before jamming it up under Kate's arm, causing her to release her grip with a yell.

Her head whipped up to face the hunter, but she didn't charge. Instead Kate was distracted by more headlights from vehicles. The Berserker dropped Braedon and she fell to the ground with a cough just as the cars came to a stop and the Calavera hunters piled out. Severo, Araya's second in command, began to bark out orders in Spanish as the men spread out, instantly beginning to fire as Selene jumped and rolled away from the bullets, taking cover behind the broken wall where Derek still sat.

Braedon crawled past Selene and back over to Derek as the hunter jumped back up and continued to fire with her fellow hunters once again now that she was out of their range.

Another car pulled up containing Chris Argent and Jordan Parrish as they too joined in on the shooting.

Kate and her Berserker began to retreat. The berserker guarded her, taking the brunt of the shots as she darted around the back of a car for cover. The Berserker charged at a few of the men, knocking them down and slashing them with his bone made knives.

Shot after shot was fired, but the beast refused to go down. Braedon crouched over Derek, repeating his name over and over, hoping for a reply, but he could only glance at her before letting out a final breath, his eyes closing and his head falling to the side.

Anna POV

You want to know the problem with facing down a Berserker that also happens to be a True Alpha?

It's a Berserker that is also a True Alpha.

Both of them are tough sons of bitches enough on their own to take down, but when you combine the two it's like Arnold Schwarzenegger on crack with bigger muscles, better technique and cotted in a few inches of bone for protection.

Here I was again, flying across the room and crashing into the ground beside a just previously tossed aside Peter.

"Remind me why this is worth it?" I growled at him.

"Power." He didn't say the words, only mouthed them, but I got the message loud and clear and groaned again as I got back to my feet. I think Liam and Malia knew that I was still, you know, evil, but they didn't particularly care at this point in time as I was technically fighting on their side... technically. I had to give Peter credit. I could only assume that Lydia was being held up by another Berserker and by keeping her away it meant that we wouldn't have known we were actually killing Scott.

"Okay, that's it! Liam and Peter, go for the arms!" I yelled. "Malia!" I picked up one of the Berserkers daggers that had been dropped and threw it at her just as Liam and Peter both charged at Scott together, grabbing his arms and shoulders and ramming him into the wall behind him.

"Aim for the skull!" Peter yelled at Malia as I joined the guys in pinning Scott down. "Kill it! Kill it now!" Peter demanded.

Malia gripped the dagger and began to lunge. "Wait! Wait! Malia, wait!" Stiles screamed as he joined us again.

Malia paid no attention, however, as she continued to lunge, but Kira seemed to come out of nowhere with her sword, slicing down and knocking the blade from Malia's hand. Malia stumbled backwards, confused as we all looked at Stiles.

"It's Scott." He said in a small voice. "It's Scott." This time he said it more adamantly and Liam turned to look into the dark brown eyes of the Berserker. "Anna knows." He stated. "That's why she turned on us."

I growled in frustration before releasing my grip and shoving Peter away from Scott, allowing the Berserker to break free by shoving Liam away, hard into the ground. They wouldn't kill him now that they knew, but maybe they would if given no other option.

Scott went to Malia next, knocking her down. Kira did nothing, only stared at him, not wanting to hurt him, and feebly calling out his name as he walked over to Liam.

"Scott it's me." Stiles tried, but he knocked the human down effortlessly.

Peter and I stood back as Scott gipped hold of Liam and yanked him off the ground. He gripped his throat and lifted him slightly off the ground, his back crushed into the wall.

"Scott..." Liam whimpered. Scott raised a fist, ready to punch. "Scott! Listen, listen, listen!" Liam begged. "You're not a monster! You're a werewolf! Like me." Liam said, saying the words Scott had said to him back during his first full moon.

"Crap." I whispered, just low enough for only Peter to hear, standing next to me.

He glanced down at me and then up at the alpha and his beta, the Berserker's fist lowering as he dropped Liam and stepped back. His hands reached up to the animal skull, gripping it like he had some kind of intense migraine as he took more and more steps backwards.

He looked down at his arms, as if seeing the armour for the first time. He began to rip it off, revealing his double band tattoo and then tearing off the leather from his torso. His hands finally made their way back to the skull as he gripped either side of it.

His arms shook as he ripped the skull in half, a yellow light beaming from the broken skull as Scott's eyes became a luminous red and a roar erupted from his throat.

Malia stumbled backwards a few paces until she now stood on the other side of Peter, wide eyed. Scott's arms now rested by his side as the skull dropped to the ground in two pieces, but his breathing was deep and he didn't shift back from werewolf form as he stared right down the other end of the room at Peter.

"You." He breathed. Everyone turned to face Peter. "The only one who knew as much as Argent about Berserkers. You taught Kate. You helped her. All for power."

"For my family's power. To be rightfully inherited by me." Peter shot back. Malia took an immediate step away. "Not usurped by some idiot teenage boy so incorruptible he wouldn't shed the blood of his enemies even when justified. You don't deserve your power." Peter's voice changed into a deep crackly and almost growl as his eyes shone blue. "Not power like this." He whispered as his face began to contort into his wolf form. It was somewhat similar to the giant black alpha wolf form he had, but not quite. He had the average side burns, but there was certainly an element of power and brutality to his wolf form.

He roared at Scott and Malia roared at Peter, charging before he could attack the alpha, but Peter shoved her aside swiftly. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. We'll talk about this later." He said.

Kira swang her sword around and got ready to lunge, but was pulled up abruptly, "Kira!" Scott yelled, instantly making her stop. Scott stared Peter down and everyone knew that this fight was between them.

I flicked my claws out, my eye glowing green once again as a low growl began in the back of my throat. Peter looked over to me as I rounded on Scott, taking my place beside Peter.

"Ah, Scott. Can you pull her back now?" Stiles asked.

"No, the connections broken." Scott stated, just loud enough for him to hear.

A small smile tugged on Peter's mouth as his gaze flicked from me and then back to Scott. "You were my beta first, Scott." He said. "It was my bite that changed your life and my bite than can end it."

"Then end it, Peter, because you won't get another chance."

Peter roared again before lunging at the alpha while I turned on the others.

Third Person

Everything seemed to have gone silent. Both Kate and the Berserker had hidden and the hunters carefully walked around, looking for any signs of movement. Braedon still sat beside a limp Derek, a few tears falling.

Selene, now standing beside Araya, looked around waiting for Kate or the Berserker to show their faces again.

Shots were fired on the other side of one of the vehicles followed by a roar before another hunter was pulled under a car screaming. Everyone turned their attention that way and the shots began again, no one really knowing what they were firing at or where. Braedon got back to her feet and joined in with the shooting once again, more enraged than she had been.

The Berserker jumped out again, taking down a few more men as he did, instantly becoming the number one threat. A few hunters continued to fire at Kate, but most turned to the giant beast.

"They're not going down!" Deputy Parrish yelled over to Chris. "Nothing's getting through that armour and I'm running out of ammo."

"Selene." Araya said to the girl beside her, "Grab some more yellow wolfs bane and go and find Peter Hale. Take him down."

Selene nodded and jogged back over to her truck, leaping onto the back where her steal arsenal was locked up. She grabbed out a syringe and small bottle of pure liquefied yellow wolfs bane and filled the needle before replacing her guns and grabbing more ammo. With another thud she landed on the dusty ground and ran off into the church, a new rifle hanging by a strap over her shoulder.

Alright, so. This was actually a nightmare to write. I was flicking between Anna and third person and then copying the third person parts into Burnt, rewording them and then changing them to first person. Also fight scenes are quite difficult to write and that's all this was.

I have made a decision to leave Braedon and Derek's relationship up to your imagination. I won't be exclusively mentioning it, but I won't be cutting it out either. Depending on season five I may bring it in then if I have to, but otherwise I leave it up to you whether you believe that in my fanfic they are together or not. The are obviously friends, however. I'm doing this because I know lots of people don't like them together, others do and some (myself included) can't decide.

Opinions on the song? I love it, it makes me want to start some kind of revolution and for those of you who haven't read 'Burnt' I felt like I needed a dramatic entrance for Selene. And yes that was her at the beginning of the book when the gang visited Mexico, some people did actually guess that, but yeah. :) Also the Media Image is of Selene.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.6K 15
Book one in the Shadow series This is happening at the same time as the movie "First Class" . Raven actually has a sister, three years younger than h...
53.9K 849 14
(I do not own Descendants or any of the characters, I only own Katherine and some of her lines) A story in which the daughter of the Cheshire Cat fa...
28.9K 612 31
This is a fanfic from the TV show, The Walking Dead. I've added my own character, and her name is Bella. Read how she and the group cross paths. A...
1.3M 60.6K 37
Highest Ranking: #48 in Fanfiction (10/5/16) PREVIOUSLY FEATURED A tale of loss, fractured bonds, newfound friendships, and action...