His Little Monster

Galing kay ritu_writes

"Tumhe maafi mangne par majbur na kr diya to mera naam bhi Rehan Pratap Singh Rathore nhi." "Aur agar usi the... Higit pa

Disclaimer
Prologue
Dedication
Introduction
Introduction - 2
Ch.1 HER
Ch. 2 HIM
Ch. 3 The Clash
Ch. 4 After Effect
Ch. 5 The Beginning
Ch. 6 Face off
Ch. 7 Game Starts
Ch. 8 Meet Again
Ch. 9 Serving His Highness
Ch. 10 His Anger
Ch. 11 Her Outburst
Ch. 12 Regret
Ch. 13 Marriage
Ch. 14 A Shocking Engagement
Ch. 15 Challenge
Ch. 16 Drunk
Ch. 17 Kidnapped and Assaulted
Ch. 18 Rescued
Ch. 19 Tortured
Ch. 20 Wedding
Ch. 21 Hitched
Ch. 22 After Marriage
Ch. 23 First Night Together
Ch. 24 Muh Dikhai
Ch. 25 Mr. v/s Mrs.
Ch. 26 The Temple Visit
Ch. 27 A What??
Ch. 28 Spoiled🤨🤨
Ch. 29 Changes
Ch. 30 Arguments
Ch. 31 Stucked Together
Ch. 32 Vihaan's Engagement
Ch. 33 The Truth
Ch. 34 Indirect Confession
Lazy
Ch. 35 Shopping Romance
Ch. 36 Karva Chauth
Ch. 37 His Insult , Her Punishment
Ch. 38 Gangsta Baby
Ch. 39 Trust
Ch. 40 Haldi Ceremony
Ch. 41 Kritika ka Maal
Ch. 42 Kunwaro ki Mehfil
Ch. 43 The D-Day
Ch. 44 Entangled Souls
Ch. 45 Contradictions
Apology Note
Ch. 46 His Inner Feelings
Ch. 47 A Guest
Ch. 48 Just Revenge??
Ch. 49 Helpless
Ch. 50 The Chase
Ch. 51 The hunt
Ch. 52 When Devil met Beast
Ch. 53 Separation??
Author's note
Ch. 54 Back to Sweetheart
Ch. 55 Under Her Spell
Ch. 56 Shiddhat-e-wafa
Ch. 57 Zaroorat
Ch. 58 Crazy but His

Ch. 59 Insecurities And Guilt

9.6K 1K 397
Galing kay ritu_writes

Author's POV

The moment Kritika's running figure crossed Aman's stumped one standing down the stage with Iraa in his arms, the cat jumped out of his embrace following her from behind along with Rehan who was trying his best to grab Kritika's hand.

Turning around, Aman looked at the woman responsible for everything with rage swirling in his eyes as he made his way up to the stage before stopping exactly a meter away from her.

"The lady you just insulted moments ago is my Bhabhi Maa." He stressed the word peeping deep into her startled orbs due to his sudden appearance before her.

"And she isn't infertile. Because she already has three kids. Me, my sister Amrita. Iraa and yeah, the fourth one isn't hatched yet. Right Diya Bhabhi sa?" His lips stretched wide in a vicious smile as he tilted his head in Diya's direction.

She mindlessly nodded in return but then her eyes widened in realization when the meaning of his words drowned into her.

"Did you just call my baby an egg? How dare you, you punk?" She screeched and tried to get up from the seat while holding her almost 8 months old baby bump but when she couldn't, she threw the decorative cushion at him.

After getting the usual smack of the day which generally is reserved for Vihaan because of her pregnancy mood swings, he sobered up grabbing the pillow he just received on his face.

"So where I was? Ohh yes, Mother. Which you are a horrible one. And look at the irony. You !! You are taunting my Bhabhi Maa." He scoffed, taking two steps back, stuffing his hands in trousers after throwing the cushion away and ushered loudly for the spectators to hear.

"Vo aurat jis ka chota beta aaye din college ki masum ladkiyon ki zindagi ke sath khelta hai. Unhe blackmail karta hai, unke nude videos banata hai. Vo aurat meri Bhabhi Maa ko banjh bol rahi hai? Like seriously?" He stepped ahead and bent himself down to make eye contact with Diya's Bua.

( The woman whose younger son plays with the lives of innocent college girls. Blackmails them, makes nude videos of them. That woman is calling my sister-in-law barren? )

"Sirf bacche paida karne se maa nahi ban jate, unki acchi parvarish bhi karni padti hai. Aur apki parvarish dekh kar mujhe to aap banjh lagti hain." He tsked showing non existent pity for her.

( You do not become a mother just by having children, you also have to take good care of them. And looking at your upbringing, you seem barren to me. )

And that was it !! The woman's nostrils flared and eyes enlarged, making her raise her hand in the air with an intention to plaster a slap across Aman's face. But Vihaan already reached there for the rescue and held her palm even before it could touch the air around his younger brother's face.

"You won't listen right? Nithya !!" He jerked Kiran Devi through her hand and called out to the girl who climbed the stage without delaying a second.

"Throw her out. And her supporters too." The last line was directed at Vihaan's mother in law by him to which Nithya nodded in compliance before taking a quick glance at Aman who purposely avoided looking at her by moving his face to another direction.

INSIDE THE MANSION

"Kriti, please listen to me. Kriti-"

Rehan was trying his best to get a grip on her and when he finally managed to, Kritika pushed him back via his chest a little harshly.

"Was it your body? Tell me Rehan. Was it?" He shook his head in denial, gripping her hands that were fisting the cloth of his shirt over the chest.

"Then you shouldn't have hid it from me. I deserved to know Rehan. I deserved to know about my own fucking body." She cried out loudly hitting his clothed chest with her tiny fists.

House helps started gathering in the hall upon hearing her screams making her conscious of her surroundings. In order to avoid being a nice entertainment source, she struggled in Rehan's arms and freed herself before running towards their bedroom.

She knew he was tailing behind her because of his continuous boot clicking sounds reverberating in the surroundings followed just after by her footsteps. The first thing she did after stepping inside the room was to close the door for some peace but Rehan didn't let her have that by blocking the door through his bulky palm.

No matter how much force or pressure she applied Rehan's single palm was more than enough to dodge it, riling up her frustration. Feeling wasted, she removed her hands from the door and tried to move towards the bathroom. Only to end up turning anti clockwise when Rehan clutched her saree pallu and pulled it abruptly.

Glancing down at her body, she found herself standing uncovered just in her blouse and now loosened saree whose free end was tightly clasped in Rehan's fist. Looking at him through her misty eyes, she let her body fall down on the floor breaking into heart wrenching sobs.

Covering the distance in two leaps, Rehan collected Kritika's shaking figure in his embrace only to feel her punching his chest.

"Why Rehan? Why? Why???......." She screamed in agony struggling between his arms.

Rehan was trying to calm her down so he could explain everything to her in a detailed manner. But things took a nasty turn when Kritika started facing problems in breathing. With every passing second her face was getting pale, messing up Rehan's sound mind.

The only thing he came up with in such a panicking situation was to open the hooks of Kritika's blouse as the cloth hung loosely on her shoulders. Post that he rubbed her back vigorously and asked her to take deep breaths.

Surprisingly it worked and her breathing stabilized after a few moments but it looked like someone sucked all the energy out of her leaving a lifeless body behind. Which was soon embraced by Rehan after she got limp beside him. Taking her in his lap, he sat against the footrest of the bed and gently rocked her body back and forth while caressing the back of her head from time to time.

"This is the only reason I wasn't ready to tell you anything." After a gap of fifteen minutes or so, Kritika heard him speaking which forced her to look at his face constricted in anguish through her heavy lashes as he revealed the conversation he shared with the gynecologist that day.

Flashback

"Mr. Rathore, I think you already know the reason behind your wife's condition." The gynecologist huffed inaudibly, keeping Kritika's file on her desk just beside the previous medical reports.

"The drugs. It must've weakened her body from inside. Isn't it?" Though Rehan had a rough idea, still he chose to confirm.

"Absolutely correct Mr. Rathore. Her body and her internal organs are more fragile than before which brought her to a point where the slightest pain could be unbearable for her. But this doesn't end here Mr. Rathore. There's more to the story." The noble lady took a deep breath before breaking out the information gently to Rehan.

"According to reports, your wife's fallopian tubes have been blocked by the drugs. Because the main reason behind traffickers using these chemicals on their victims, is to make them barren so they don't get pregnant even after being raped multiple times."

Rehan slumped his back against the chair he was sitting on looking away from the doctor when she finished. His body started heating up and he could feel the rage building in him due to the revelation that was just made to him. He knew how badly this news could affect Kritika and the happy environment of his family where everyone is so excited to welcome a new member.

"It's..... It's curable right? I mean, there are various treatments for it if I'm not wrong." There was a hidden plea in his voice along with the little vulnerability in his eyes which didn't went unnoticed by the doctor.

"Of course there is Mr. Rathore. But since the blockage isn't a small one, we might need to do some major surgeries to remove it permanently. And as I said earlier, your wife's body isn't in a condition to go through these heavy treatments. She might get infected, or something even worse can happen with her."

"So basically you are saying there is no chance of my wife being able to conceive or get pregnant in future." He repelled the news, masking his sorrow by rudeness which was taken by the lady in a completely different way.

"Mr. Rathore, I can understand your desperateness for a child. But you also need to understand how life threatening your desire could be towards your wife."

Sheer disappointment reflected from the doctor's tone because she was finding it hard to believe that the guy who paid so much attention to the smallest detail regarding his younger brother's pregnant wife during her check ups was now neglecting such an important aspect of his own wife's condition.

Whereas Rehan on the other side felt himself being judged yet for another time by someone who chose to not listen to him properly making an opinion about him. Though it was pretty much normal to him and non effective but since it was related to Kritika, he felt like explaining himself.

"You're right. I am being desperate. But not for the child cause my younger brother is going to have his own kid in upcoming months. And his child is mine too. Therefore I am being desperate to keep my wife away from the pain where she would look at Diya or any other pregnant woman and think, oh !! She is so lucky, unlike me. Because she can be a mother but I can't."

The doctor passed a regretful nod to the enraged Rehan before commenting further.

"I get your point Mr. Rathore. And the only thing I can suggest you right now is to keep this information hidden from your wife for the time being."

The suggestion had Rehan a little furious to even think of it, imagining Kritika's wrath and her possible outburst. But the doctor's next words threw him into a web of dilemmas where he has to take a chance with their relationship in order to secure her mental health.

"I know it's not right Mr. Rathore but let's think from a practical point of view instead of following your morals. Your wife is already suffering from poor health conditions and disclosing the truth at this time might affect her mental health too. Because there are high chances of her slipping into depression given your house's current atmosphere. I know I shouldn't say this about my own patient but, Diya's pregnant belly could be wound scratching for your wife." She added further when she saw Rehan pondering over her statements.

"So be careful of what you choose next Mr. Rathore. And talking about your wife's infertility, I can suggest you some natural and non surgical treatment to unblock her fallopian tubes. Though I am not sure about its effectuality but it would definitely help Mrs. Rathore to regain her health. And once it's done, you guys can easily go for IVF or blockage removal surgeries."

⟩⟩⟩•••••••⟨⟨⟨

"B-but....... W-why me Rehan? What have I done to deserve all these?" Kritika brokenly asked clutching Rehan's collar in her fist while keeping her head on top of his heart compelling him to tighten his grip around her curled up figure in his lap.

"Saza mil rahi hai aapko. Mujhse pyaar karne ki." He replied in trance blankly gazing at the wall in front of him unknown to the hole of confusion he digged inside Kritika who straightened herself and forced him to look at her face.

( You are getting punished. For loving me. )

"Apni zidd ko puri karne ke liye maine apko apni messed up life me ghasit liya. Aur ab mere papon ki saza aapko mil rahi hai." A remorseful look took over him as water collected at the corner of his eyes but he didn't let them fall pretending to be strong when actually he was falling apart in pieces from inside.

( To fulfill my stubbornness, I dragged you into my messed up life. And now you are being punished for my sins. )

Kritika shook her head cupping his bearded face between her palms silently asking him not to feel guilty for something that he wasn't completely responsible for. He did his best to protect her, to keep her away from any kind of mishaps. Yet destiny played its part deceiving both of them.

"I destroyed you. I destroyed your life. Your chances of getting pregnant. I ruined everything and this makes me feel like I am your sinner. I just-......" He ranted out emotionally through a clenched jaw looking away from Kritika as she tried to hush him down. In the meantime someone knocked the door of their room loudly.

"Bhabhi Maa !! Aman this side. Please open up. I want to talk to you, please." Rehan got up quickly taking Kritika along with him as if he was waiting for an opportunity to get away from her and fixed both of their appearances before stepping forward to open the gate.

His presence was only needed till he opened the door cause after that, he was harshly pushed aside by Aman who royally made his entrance with Iraa in his arms.

Placing Iraa down on the floor, he inched closer to Kritika and without any prior warning picked her up ever so effortlessly receiving a squeal of fear in return and infuriating his elder brother in the process.

"What the fuck are you doing you moron? Put my wife down this instant."

He took a good two seconds to glare and curse Rehan before opening his mouth.

"It's going to be seven o'clock soon. And Bhabhi Maa hasn't eaten anything since afternoon. So I am taking her downstairs for dinner." Rehan and Kritika did observe his changed way of addressing Kritika along with the tone of his speech as he somehow looked cold and distant. And his face too was devoid of emotions.

"I can manage it myself." Rehan waved off his thankful gesture a bit in a not so thankful way.

"And how will you manage it? By making my Bhabhi Maa cry again?" Aman counter backed rudely brushing past him to reach downstairs. Kritika was stunned at his unexpected way of talking to his elder brother whom he used to feel scared of.

Ascending down the stairs in Aman's arms, Kritika saw all the family members sitting in the hall area with stiff postures. But a wave of tranquility spread among the folks as they saw Kritika's neutral face with no trace of wetness. Aman gently placed Kritika on the sofa in the middle occupying the space beside her. Iraa jumped straight in Kritika's lap when she saw her mother perfectly settled on the seat.

After Iraa, it was Diya who approached Kritika with slow steps and stood exactly before her. She took Kritika's palms in her hand before speaking.

"Bhabhi sa, I'll be a mother after giving birth to this baby. But you became a mother just after one month of stepping here as the elder daughter in law of this house." With a little difficulty, she managed to sit on Kritika's right side holding her baby bump and whispered sneakily.

"Ek secret bataun. Dadi sa ki medicines ko yaad rakhne ke liye apne jo rough chart banaya tha na, Maa aur Badi Maa usiko use kar rahi hai aapki absence me. Kyunki itni sari medicines dekh ke hum sabko confusion ho jaati hai. Aap pata nahi kaise yaad rakh lete ho. Aur ye dono......" She then turned towards the twins and exclaimed annoyingly.

( Should I tell you a secret? The rough chart you made to remember Dadi sa's medicines, Maa and Badi Maa are using it in your absence. Because we all got confused after seeing so many medicines. Don't know how you remember. And these two........ )

"In dono ki to farmaishey hi khatam nahi hoti. Kabhi ye chahiye to kabhi vo. Aur jab bana ke do to bolte hai, thik hai par Bhabhi sa jaisa nahi bana hai." Aman rolled his eyes at the way Diya imitated the siblings in a meek voice.

( The requests of these two never end. Sometimes they want this and sometimes they want that. And when we make it, they say, it is okay but it is not made like Bhabhi sa. )

"Not my fault, if others don't possess the magic my Bhabhi Maa's hands does." He interjected shifting Iraa to Diya's lap before placing his own head in Kritika's embrace unknown to the trouble he created for himself. Because the very next second, back to back slaps were delivered on his exposed cheeks by Iraa's tiny paws who didn't like him separating her from Kritika.

Standing majestically in Diya's hold, she growled in her animalistic language at Aman. Poor boy couldn't help but look at the cat in utter betrayal with a slightly open mouth holding the affected area of his face because he was the one who took care of Iraa throughout the function since Kritika's was busy. And this is what he got in return.

"Ab pata chala Bhai sa isse itni nafrat kyun karte hai." Aman complained lowly in Kritika's ear while glaring at Iraa and rubbing his cheek to soothe it.

( Now I know why my brother hates her so much. )

Kritika reached out to check his face to see if Iraa left any scratches there. Obviously Iraa felt neglected for the second time therefore she jumped forward to scratch his face again. But ended up indulging in a slap fight with Aman where she was trying her best to get her paws on his face and Aman was trying to save the same precious part of his personality by dodging the slaps.

It went for a few seconds until Kritika grabbed Iraa and stood a little far away from the sofa. The environment was quite heated up and the spectators were left speechless due to the cat fight that just took place. Until a startling laughing sound echoed in the hall and everyone saw Amrita rolling on the sofa clutching her stomach while laughing like a maniac.

"C-cant believe this. Mera Bhai ek...... Billi se pit gaya. Kya izzat reh jayegi teri Aman, j-jab college me sabko ye pata chalega."

( My brother got beaten by a cat. What respect will you have left, when everyone in college comes to know about this? )

Aman gazed at his sister with a straight face before parting his lips thoughtfully.

"Yeah right !! Only if you make it out alive to spread the news." He deadpanned picking the sofa cushion and running behind Amrita who, being the placenta sharer, comprehended his intentions in advance.

If it was some other day, Kritika would have enjoyed the bickering and made the environment ten times more funnier. But today she couldn't feel it coming from inside. Maybe because the truth was too hard to shrug off lightly saying everything will be alright.

Someone gently touched the back of her head bringing her out from the zoned out state. She found her mother in law standing at her side displaying a soft smile.

"Women's one characteristic is giving birth. But her identity is not limited to that only. She's much more than just an offspring yielder. Never forget this." With saying that, Kalyani delicately embraced Kritika causing Iraa to jump out of her hold. It would be a lie if Kritika would say it didn't soothe her. But it could have been more healing if it was from the most anticipated person.

Unconsciously her eyes wandered across the hall before stopping on the entity her heart wished to see. But the same heart was pricked by the invisible stone of Rehan's ignorance because her husband averted his gaze from her the second his orbs clashed with hers. As an aftermath, warm tears trickled down Kritika's cheeks falling over Kalyani's bare shoulder.

"Why are you crying Beta?" And that was it !! Everyone surrounded a sniffing Kritika upon hearing Kalyani's exclamation. Even Aman too left everything aside and ran straight to his Bhabhi Maa.

Bua Dadi, who was silently observing everything till now chose to intervene in between to take the matters in her own hand with a motive to close this chapter for now.

"Bas kar chhori, kitna rovegi? Thare rone se ya afsos manane se kuch badlega na par thari tabiyat jarur kharab ho javegi. Dekh Beendani, je ho gaya vaa ne dil majboot karke maan le. Aur ab bas apni sehat ka dhyaan rakh. Aur vaa doctor bhi to kehve thi na, ki agar sehat sahi rahi to ummed hai thare paanv bhari hone ke."

( Stop it girl, how much will you cry? Your crying or mourning won't change anything but your health will definitely get worse. Whatever has happened, accept it with a strong heart. And now just take care of your health. And that doctor had also said that if your health remains good then there is hope that you will be pregnant. )

"To chal eeb, aansu ponch. Aur aa kuch khaa le. Davai bhi to leni hogi na tanne." She wiped the wetness off Kritika's face with utmost care and pulled her in the direction of dining table holding her shoulders.

( So come on now, wipe your tears. And eat something. You will have to take medicine also. )

Kritika's mother Anita, couldn't help but shed a few tears of joy as she felt thankful to God for giving such nice and understanding in law's to her daughter. When she disclosed the truth among the family members that Rehan shared with her regarding Kritika's health, the folks showed their prime concern on how to make Diya's pregnancy a sweet memory for Kritika instead of bitter one so both of their daughter in law's could enjoy this parenting phase without any pain or guilt.

She knew her daughter was in safe hands. And this family never left a single chance to prove that.

Just when everyone felt things were settling down, Diya almost escaped a deadliest fall panicking the family members by stucking her feet in a rug spreaded around the floor. If not for Kritika rounding her arms around her protruding belly and shoulders, she would have definitely fallen directly on her face.

"Where's your eyes Diya? You could have-"

"It moved Bhabhi sa." She cut off Kritika in a shocking voice.

"What??"

"The baby !! It moved. See....." She grabbed Kritika's palm placing it over her bulging belly where the baby was making continuous movements by swaying it's legs up and down.

A sound full chuckle escaped Kritika's lips when the kid kicked right on the place where Kritika's palm was connected to Diya's skin as if giving a high five using feets. One by one everyone came forward to feel the divine moment but much to their dismay, baby's movements stilled the second Kritika removed her hand from there.

On getting what her kid was exactly doing, Diya asked Kritika to place her hand again on her belly. And as she expected, the baby became active instantly causing both the young ladies to sprout into a series of soulful giggles.

"Bhai sa !! Come na." Diya felt it necessary to make Rehan the part of this blissful feeling because he was the prime reason behind the baby's existence.

Although there was something that prevented Rehan from moving forward but a small glimpse of Kritika's hopeful eyes,

and he was a goner.

Even before he could get it, he was already proceeding towards his wife. Not so late, he saw Diya grabbing his and Kritika's palm and keeping them together on her stomach.

He couldn't pinpoint what was more serene. The moment where he could feel his brother's younger version, or Kritika's miniscule smile. That scale of smile pinched something in him because as a matter of fact, it could have been wide and more lively if she was the one feeling those movements in her own belly which seems to be impossible for now. His family members might not be able to sense the conflict he was dealing inside but Kritika surely did. That's why she gave him the most assuring smile and a hug silently telling him not to overthink.

Dinner went pretty fine for Kritika thanks to Diya's non stop blabbering and her weird food combos that she was feeding Vihaan as an experimental goat. And the poor guy shoved everything down his throat quietly for his wife's moody personality. Just like her newly invented dessert of vanilla ice-cream topped with chocolate, maple syrup and mango pickle along with chili oil that she was making him taste while sitting beside him in the hall as everyone decided to have a little chit chat post dinner to lighten up the environment.

His pleading eyes roamed around the hall asking everyone to help him out but they reverted the same look telling him to tolerate it for the sake of Diya's happiness.

But there was something or to be precise someone who looked oddly different to Kritika. And the person was Aman since he was quite silent and serious for his bubbly nature.

"Tu thik hai na?" ( You okay right? )

She finally asked Aman combing his silky hairs through fingers as he snuggled more comfortably in her lap.

"Of course I am. What will happen to me?"

Lie !! A complete lie. And Kritika could easily make it out from his hard face which he was trying his best to display as a tired one. She concluded he might not be comfortable in sharing so she ended the topic then and there.

Rehan's phone rang, catching her attention and she found him talking over the call as he stood up and searched for something in the drawer where car and house keys are kept.

"Rehan !!" Pratap called out when he saw his son all set with his car keys.

"I have to go Dad. The foreign client from afternoon got into an accident. I need to pay him a visit because I am the only one he knows in India."

"Hmm...... But make sure to come back soon." Pratap sighed but nonetheless considered the gravity of the situation.

He nodded at Pratap's words and turned around to leave. But before leaving, he had an intense eye contact with Kritika for a few seconds. Those coffee brown orbs of hers had so much to speak, to tell and to complain. But Rehan knew better to avoid them for now in greed of his own satisfaction.

Once again, Kritika was left hurt at his indifferent behavior. But she consoled herself saying it was the need of the moment and perhaps Rehan was not wrong for taking that step because she has her whole family beside her. Only if she knew, not everyone's thinking is the same as her. Especially not Aman's who literally called his brother an asshole or what not for leaving his Bhabhi Maa alone when she needs him the most.

"I got rejected !!" He exclaimed out in an audible voice only for Kritika to hear. Because he didn't like the way Kritika was looking at the way his brother went with a dull face. So to shift her focus from the idiotic stunt his brother pulled, he decided to take the chance.

"What did you say?" Kritika wasn't sure about what she heard. Therefore a frown creased on her forehead as she looked down at Aman with confusion filled eyes.

"She rejected me. Because she thinks I was using her for my time pass and a person like me can never be serious about relationships." Creases appeared on his forehead as he asked the question pricking him since afternoon.

"I don't get one thing Bhabhi Maa, why people often mistake a cheerful boy as a Playboy? I mean, just because I fun around girls that doesn't mean I sleep with them too."

Kritika smiled wholeheartedly before giving the answer she thought would be appropriate for the time.

"Because we live in a judgemental society my boy. Here each and everything is judged. If you smile widely, then you're a creep. But if you stay aloof, you are rude and arrogant. If a girl wears traditional clothes, she's labeled as dumb and old fashioned. But if she wears short and revealing clothes, then she's a slut or a stripper." She ended with a scoff and looked at Aman whilst caressing his face.

"Don't let people's opinions or comments affect you. And about the girl, I would suggest you go and talk to her because I am sure she didn't mean what she said."

"And how do you know that?"

"Maybe because I know the girl." Aman sighed tiredly in realization considering the fact that this woman wasn't normal. But the one who controls his demonic brother.

"I don't know why she said all those things to me, Bhabhi Maa. But I think it has something to do with our age difference and her job."

"So what would you do now?"

"She clearly asked me to stay away from her. So maybe I'll just do that only. I never thought my first love story would end like this but....... ( Sigh ) I guess we weren't meant to be." He croaked out in a broken voice hiding his face in Kritika's lap who inhaled a huge lump of air before making any comment.

"Apni is third class acting skills ke liye agar tune meri saree kharab ki to teri khair nahi."

( If you spoiled my saree because of your third class acting skills then it will be no good for you. )

"I bet my acting was convincing. How come you didn't fall for it?" He took his face out in a snap and questioned in disbelief.

"Because you have Rathore blood flowing in your veins which is filled with obstinacy. And from what Bua Dadi told me, Rathore men can be the most unbelievable creatures when it comes to their women." She twisted his ears lightly projecting an expression that screamed horrified by the thought.

"Be rest assured Bhabhi Maa, I won't do anything shocking. Especially something whose outcome would be like that." He whispered meekly pointing at Diya's pregnant belly through eyes beside which, Iraa was sleeping peacefully after having her food as Diya continued to pet her while talking to the ladies of the house.

Bringing his face a little close to Kritika, he muttered courageously.

"And even if I did, I would make sure to use proper protection." Kritika's mouth hung open in dismay at his boldness of saying something like that infront of her and on top of it, he had the audacity to smile like an infant.

Grabbing the cushion that supported her back till now, she started beating him with it. The entire hall resonated with their playful fighting sounds making the family members delighted at the scene when they witnessed Kritika's lively self coming back due to some unknown stupidity Aman did.

After an hour or so, Kritika's family decided to take their leave as the night was getting darker with passing time. Kritika was unaware of the plan until her mother came and stood beside asking her to get ready to leave. Involuntarily her eyes went to the door her husband exited through hours ago.

"Kittu...... Let's go." Her brother shook her shoulder lightly, breaking her as she took a quick glance at the door before nodding sadly in her brother's direction.

Stepping inside his house, the first thing Rehan encountered was dim lighting of the hall area since it was past midnight. Therefore no one was present there except for two of his brothers and Diya. His eyes desperately searched for someone he was dying to see even though he knew she wouldn't be here after what he did.

"Kritika??" He couldn't help but ask shamelessly holding onto the thin thread of hope that was ruthlessly cut by Aman's sharp scissors like tongue.

"Finally you remembered !! But too late because Arjun Bhaiya took Bhabhi Maa back."

Rehan pinched the bridge of his nose looking away from his baby brother whom his inner soul was asking to thrash badly. But the thought I deserve it held him back. Not sparing any further glance to anyone else, he marched directly to his study and spent the next two hours there till his body demanded rest from him.

Crossing the dark corridors of his mansion in his messed up state that he wasn't willing to show anyone, his feet halted on their own when his eyes went to the balcony area after opening the gate of his room. There stood a feminine figure playing with the floral decorations over the railings in one of his wife's sleeveless body hugging Kurtis. Just like old times. But then Aman's words echoed in his mind, having him clenching his eyes at his patheticness that he started hallucinating Kritika.

But something happened that left him surprised. He saw the supposed hallucination's hands suddenly stopped moving and her back straightened as if she sensed his presence in the room. She didn't even give him time to comprehend his surroundings and turned around abruptly.

At the same time, light went off spreading darkness all around leaving them with nothing but emerging moonlight. Her face appeared scrunched up as she tilted her trying to recognise the outline of his body.

"Rehan !! Is that you?" She asked through tensed features to the dark and creepy silhouette standing in front of her that gave her some weird vibes for unknown reasons. But her demeanor cooled down along with the slumping of her shoulders in relaxation upon getting a hum in Rehan's voice.

"Don't worry. The backup will be on soon." She heard him saying before he disappeared inside the bathroom with lightening speed. True to his words, the inverter did its work and the house twinkled like before irrespective of the power cut.

But what about the darkness she was feeling inside her heart for the nth time due to his behavior which kind of seemed ignorant to her but at the same time not too because his replies were as usual normal. Unconsciously, fear and insecurities started building up in her.

What if he distanced himself from her because of his guilt? What if her infertility affected their future? She has seen couples in love breaking apart just because of the same reason. Her's doesn't even have love to begin with. It was only her who lost her heart to him. But he didn't. And what if he never did?

Would their messed up relationship be able to sustain where her chances of not being a mother are high and his of not loving her?

She didn't realize but the small spark turned into a full fledged fire burning her from inside. Her guts twisted in uneasiness when she concluded that she was again on the phase where her heart wasn't able to trust him properly. But it isn't her fault. Is it? Insecurities can make people do anything. So to prevent any more disastrous incidents taking place in their already unfavorable life, she decided to get the much needed assurance for herself.

And the only person who could provide that, is behind the closed bathroom doors unknown to the chaos he created outside. With a newfound determination in herself, Kritika slid the door open keeping her foot inside the bathroom. Though she was prepared to see Rehan in almost nothing, her luck betrayed her in the ugliest way because Rehan's back was facing her and he was wearing his trousers, unfortunately !!

"You might slip." He reverted after hearing the pitter-patter of her slippers.

"In my husband's presence?" She stood leaning on the wall exactly behind him crossing her arms over her chest.

"Kya chahiye aapko?" ( What do you want? ) He asked, focusing his gaze at her blurry reflection in the glass before him.

"Sukoon !! Jo is waqt sirf, AAP mujhe de sakte hai." She breathed deeply, aligning her head against the wall as her eyes followed the trail of water flowing down his muscular back disappearing in the material wrapped around his hip.

( Peace !! That only you can give me for now. )

"Rest inside. You might feel better."

"Phoolon ki jagah agar bistar par kaante biche ho to neend nahi aati Rehan." She was referring to her insecurities as the thrones.

( One can't sleep Rehan if there are thorns on the bed instead of flowers. )

"Kaante phool me badal jayenge agar aap mujh par vishwas kare to. Jo filhal aapke liye thoda mushkil hai." He retaliated reminiscing the things he did till now.

( Thorns will turn into flowers if you trust me. Which is a bit difficult for you right now. )

"I trust you Rehan." Although his body stiffened under the water, he didn't turn around but surely tilted his head a little in her direction. From where Kritika could see the corner of his lips twitching as he confirmed her statement.

"Is it???" He saw her nodding confidently unaware to the heinous plans cooking up in his mind when his next words rolled down his tongue.

"Bend over the counter then."

Target :-

Votes - 900+
Comments - 300+

And a special thanks to those pretty girls for hearing me out and giving your suggestion.

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

86.1K 3.4K 37
Sequel to Halcyon "Kismat se humein aap humdum mil gaye, Jaise ke dua ko alfaaz mil gaye. Socha jo nhi vo haasil ho gaya, Chahun aur kya ke khuda de...
28.5K 4.6K 30
Anubhav Singh: The esteemed DSP of Lucknow, known as the fearless tiger of department. Haseena: A kind-hearted pediatrician at New Life Hospital. Bot...
668K 44.8K 70
Jai Agnihotri (28) Our Handsome Cardiologist. Staying in his village running a clinic of his own, a well mannered and Educated Hottie of his Village...
126K 7K 21
Story of a Rivalry of two political families, who fighting for rule. One rules over the more than half of the state and other own the power. But betw...