His Little Monster

By ritu_writes

"Tumhe maafi mangne par majbur na kr diya to mera naam bhi Rehan Pratap Singh Rathore nhi." "Aur agar usi the... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Dedication
Introduction
Introduction - 2
Ch.1 HER
Ch. 2 HIM
Ch. 3 The Clash
Ch. 4 After Effect
Ch. 5 The Beginning
Ch. 6 Face off
Ch. 7 Game Starts
Ch. 8 Meet Again
Ch. 9 Serving His Highness
Ch. 10 His Anger
Ch. 11 Her Outburst
Ch. 12 Regret
Ch. 13 Marriage
Ch. 14 A Shocking Engagement
Ch. 15 Challenge
Ch. 16 Drunk
Ch. 17 Kidnapped and Assaulted
Ch. 18 Rescued
Ch. 19 Tortured
Ch. 20 Wedding
Ch. 21 Hitched
Ch. 22 After Marriage
Ch. 23 First Night Together
Ch. 24 Muh Dikhai
Ch. 25 Mr. v/s Mrs.
Ch. 26 The Temple Visit
Ch. 27 A What??
Ch. 28 Spoiled🤨🤨
Ch. 29 Changes
Ch. 30 Arguments
Ch. 31 Stucked Together
Ch. 32 Vihaan's Engagement
Ch. 33 The Truth
Ch. 34 Indirect Confession
Lazy
Ch. 35 Shopping Romance
Ch. 36 Karva Chauth
Ch. 37 His Insult , Her Punishment
Ch. 38 Gangsta Baby
Ch. 39 Trust
Ch. 40 Haldi Ceremony
Ch. 41 Kritika ka Maal
Ch. 42 Kunwaro ki Mehfil
Ch. 43 The D-Day
Ch. 44 Entangled Souls
Ch. 45 Contradictions
Apology Note
Ch. 46 His Inner Feelings
Ch. 47 A Guest
Ch. 48 Just Revenge??
Ch. 49 Helpless
Ch. 50 The Chase
Ch. 51 The hunt
Ch. 52 When Devil met Beast
Author's note
Ch. 54 Back to Sweetheart
Ch. 55 Under Her Spell
Ch. 56 Shiddhat-e-wafa
Ch. 57 Zaroorat
Ch. 58 Crazy but His
Ch. 59 Insecurities And Guilt

Ch. 53 Separation??

8.2K 826 282
By ritu_writes

Author's POV

Rehan stopped dead in his tracks when his eyes fell on her resting figure over the bed. She had her eyes closed and back supported by the pillows. Paleness of her skin may have subsided but the dullness was still pretty much evident as her plump body now looked thin.

Heavy drugs and medical procedures did affect her appearance but they failed to make her look ugly because even after so many changes in features, she managed to look serene to his eyes.

His grip on the door handle loosened and he took two steps inside the room which made her aware of his presence through the clicking of his shoes.

Kritika opened her glazed eyes and found the person she didn't want to see at all. A small glimpse of his face was more than enough to set her body on fire as every insult, each harsh word spoken by him echoed in her subconscious mind and her breathing intensified.

She roamed her eyes around the room and stopped them beside her bed where the doctor was standing.

"Side please....." She requested the doctor in low voice who frowned in confusion but later on slid a little when she tilted her head and gestured him to move.

The doctor saw her leaning sideways towards the fruit basket and even before he could think further, she grabbed the knife and threw it directly at Rehan.

That knife passed from Rehan's side and got stuck in the wall behind him just an inch away from the door where Viraat was standing with an open mouth and wide eyes.

His heart was thudding inside his chest cause not even in his wildest dreams he thought of having a welcome like this.

"W-what was t-that?" He stuttered holding his chest.

Missed by seconds!!

Otherwise...... He would have been parked in heaven like he lied outside. Maybe it was the instant karma of his sins.

"Ask your friend. He'll tell you." Kritika's crisp voice boomed inside the four walls snapping Rehan out of trance.

Weird sensations ran down his body. He was surprised about the effect her voice had on him. God forbid if she touched him this instant, there are high chances that he would pass out then.

"Kittu......" Her mother, who was the second one to come out of the shock, tried to voice out her thoughts regarding her daughter's behaviour but Kritika cut her off in a loud tone.

"I warned him Mumma." She told fiercely to her mother before focusing her orbs back to Rehan. Tilting her head at him with a devilish smirk on her face, she added further.

"Didn't I??"

Hot!!!

That's what Rehan's inner voice screamed at him when he stared down at her dry and chapped petals curved upwards.

How can she look so attractive in a mere gown, that too a hospital one?

He bit his lips and averted his gaze down to the floor to prevent himself from blushing profusely as she was looking too sexy with that intimidated face to stare at.

Viraat swayed his head a little in confusion at his best friend's ears that were turning red all of a sudden. His lips drew in a thin line when he grabbed the reason behind it.

He walked close to Rehan and whispered ridiculously in his ears.

"Chaaku phenk ke mara hai usne, kiss nhi jo tu sharm ki vajah se laal pad raha hai."

( She threw a knife, not a kiss that you are turning red out of shyness. )

The smile Rehan was trying to hide, came out more prominently on hearing his words. He leaned slightly towards Viraat and whispered back while grinning happily.

"Ye soch kar sharm aa rahi hai ki gusse me bhi unka pyaar Kam nahi hua hai."

( I am feeling shy by thinking that even in anger, her love has not diminished. )

Viraat opened his mouth dumbfoundedly and looked back at the knife to find out what love he was talking about before turning back to him on having a look of that sharp blade which can kill anyone.

"Bhai....... Pyaar?? In that hathiyaar??" He asked unbelievably, gesturing towards the knife through eyes.

( Brother...... Love?? In that weapon?? )

"Tch.... Nishana pakka hone ke bawajood, chaku diwar pe maara hai. Ye pyaar hi to hai. Haye......" Rehan reverted and smiled cheekily, turning his head downwards with a red hue coating his cheeks.

( Tch..... Despite the good aim, she threw the knife at all. This is love itself. )

Viraat stepped back when his head started spinning badly at his friend's way of thinking.

"Yeah right !! Ek kaam kar I love you too bol de use." He retorted sarcastically but Rehan took his words to heart and smiled at him before walking backward to take that knife off the wall.

( Do one thing, tell her I love you too. )

He slowly moved forward in Kritika's direction and stopped beside her bed with that knife. Staring at her angry yet curious eyes for a good two seconds, he placed the handle of the knife in her right hand reflecting his ever so cute smile.

"Jab kisiko marna ho...... To yahan aim karte hain. Aise......." He caged her hand between his that held the knife and pointed the tip right on top of his heart uttering sweetly.

( When you want to kill someone....... You should aim here. Like this...... )

As per Kritika, he was trying to play cool. So she decided to play too.

"Agar dil nikal liya to?" She gritted her teeth whilst asking and lightly pressed the sharp end in his skin drawing out a long trail of blood. She expected him to back off but he surprised her by smiling more widely as if she didn't just pierced a hole in his chest.

( If I took out your heart? )

"Nikal lijiye....... Bas badle me mathe ki ye shikan aur apki chotu si naak pe ye jo gussa hai, vo mujhe de dijiye." He first caressed her scrunched forehead making it relax, then gently flicked her nose which made her flinch slightly in reflex.

( Then do it....... Just give me these wrinkles on your forehead and the anger resting on your small nose in return. )

"In Fact....... Let me help." Chirping happily, he sat beside her on the bed and started pressing the knife deep in his chest until it disappeared halfway inside him.

Not even a single crease of pain appeared on his face. Rather he looked delighted by the pleasure he was seeking out of his agony. There was a weird shine in his eyes which she never saw before.

His white shirt that he changed before coming here, turned completely red from front leading panic to arise in Kritika. She tried to pull the knife back but he didn't let her by tightening his grip around her hand.

Holding the intense eye contact with her, he started pushing the knife more deeply with each passing second.

She visibly shivered and her throat ran dry in uneasiness when that smile of his didn't falter but grew even more. It felt as if he was possessed and someone casted a spell on him.

"Rehan....." His friend, his brother and his family...... Everyone stepped forward to stop him but he was the one who glued them to their places by holding out his left hand in their direction.

"You remember......" His voice came out hoarse and tired. Even his eyes turned droopy from fatigue. But the newfound menace reflecting from him didn't vanish.

"I promised you I would kill the person who will make you cry." His expressions neutralized as he remarked in a curious way before a sinister smile stretched on his lips.

"I mean it......" He exclaimed, removing his shivering and bloodied hands from her and keeping them beside her waist on bed. She tried to press her back into the mattress behind her when he started leaning forward with that same smile.

Clenched her eyes shut abruptly, she turned her face to the left in fear. His hot breath fanned on the right side of her neck followed by the gentle touch of his lips as he muttered.

"Even if it's me......" Those were his last words before he fainted right on her chest leaving her terrified.

Kritika's POV

Numb !!

And

Messed up !!

Perfect words to define my current situation and condition.

Numb because of his unconscious figure that laid without a movement on me. I just sat there with bloodied hands and blank face terribly shooked by him, when they took him away from me to treat.

And messed up when the past event started flooding back to my mind with each passing minute. Everything, that happened in the last two days since I was out for more than 24 hours.

The night before yesterday when I was leaving the resort with tears streaming down my face, my mind was clear. The moment I'll reach home, my home, I will cry my heart out. Then I will file a divorce petition and break all the strings that connects me to him.

But everything turned otherwise in that particular 5 seconds when I saw the message Nithya sent me. A picture of someone keeping an eye on us as well as a gun. She wrote a damn ass paragraph explaining to me how her sir was protecting me and he didn't mean even a single word of what he said.

At first I trusted her in a single snap and was about to call her to confirm it. But then I changed my mind. What if he's again playing with me?

What if this is another sick game of his?

What if he's doing this to make me feel pathetic and low about myself, how I don't have even an ounce of self respect left in me because again a lie and I ran back desperately in the arms of that person who........

Several what ifs clouded my mind and I felt it too difficult to trust anyone related to him. And how am I even supposed to??

The person who fooled me till six months, can't he fool me again? Of course he can because this time, he have a powerful weapon with him.

My feelings........

He knows I love him, and it would make his game more effective. He would definitely use it against me.

I felt so angry on myself for confessing my feelings to him. I must've looked so pathetic to him for falling for a person who literally married me by deceiving everyone.

No doubt he called me a gold digger because I did behave like one. Few treats, that Thar and expensive gifts, and I forgot the base of our relationship.

But I had no greedy intentions behind that. I just...... felt safe and secured with him.

Marriage meant sacrificing and adjusting for me because somewhere I had this fear in me that I would lose my inner child after marriage and I would be changing myself for someone else's expectations. But nothing like that happened. My inner self bloomed ever more in his presence because he never asked me to adjust or change.

Only if I knew, it was a facade and I was being a headache to him.

He never stopped me from doing anything I wanted. Only if I knew, he was doing it to gain my trust and tolerating me for his revenge.

My rantings irritated him.

Sneaking a few comforting hugs from him, made me clingy in his eyes.

Didn't he said he just wanted to make me apologize and crush my ego? Then why he chose to completely break me. Why did he played with my feelings? Why did he made the beautiful term love....... a bitter and forbidden fruit for me?

I lost all the hopes of a peaceful future with him, or with anyone else. Because I knew, I would never be able to love someone like I did to him. Loving is far away, I doubt if I ever would be able to go back to my previous self without questioning my every move.

Would I be able to keep my opinions without thinking of being judged?

Would I be able to speak freely without having a doubt that I am not irritating the person before me?

What's the guarantee I wouldn't be termed as a tantrum throwing child for showing my dislikes?

I knew I wouldn't be the same old Kritika and I am ready to move forward with it. Because his words may be strong enough to break my heart as a man whom I loved. But as a normal person, he isn't that strong to break my self confidence.

When I prepared myself to completely shut him off from my life, my own bloody fucking life decided to play with me. I was told that he was innocent, he didn't do anything deliberately.

Such a funny game isn't it? First he threw his stone-like harsh words at me, breaking the mirror of my love. And then he comes back trying to collect those shattered pieces in a box labeled as I did it to protect you.

Isn't it like the car you were driving suddenly faced a brake failure and you didn't wanted the person beside you to die in an accident so you pushed him off the car. Only for him to die by the vehicles running on the busy road.

Someone please make it make sense cause at the end, I am injured no matter what. I am thankful to him for saving my life but what about the dozens of insecurity and trust issues he gave me along with my new life.

I can't trust him the same. I can't see him the same because I can't forget the words he spoke, as they were too painful to be forgotten. I may not be in a place to advise this but, he should have used his words thoughtfully if he really wanted to protect me.

Call me heartless, but I am a vengeful petty bitch when it comes to my own sorrows.

If you hurt me, that means you hurt me. I don't care what made you do that.

Since he hurt me, broke me, I am a shattered glass right now. And if he tried to get close to me, he will only end up getting hurt.

His unconscious figure getting treated just beside my room and my hands painted in his blood are the epitome of it.

The door of my room opened with a creak snapping my attention from the red colour of my palm to the entrance. From where, the doctor who cured him came inside to update us on his condition as our families were sitting in the room itself. Some were shocked and some were startled by the way he behaved.

Including me........ But I was more like taken aback by him. I knew he was twisted in his mind and the most stubborn one when it comes to the things that associates his interest. But this much??

He fucking put himself under the knife, in actual sense.

"Patient was empty stomach for more than 24 hours, with zero water intake. That's why he fainted from the loss of blood because his body was already weak due to exhaustion and stress."

Should I feel bad for him, hearing what the doctor said?

As a wife whom he hurt?? No.

As a human?? Maybe yes.

But how me worrying for him would help?

And moreover, he needs glucose drips in his hand right now, rather than my comforting palm.

And here comes the insensitive but practical side of mine.

"We are giving him IV rehydration therapy. He will be fine soon."

Good for him.

I chanted in my mind and looked down at my bloodied palm. I need to get rid of both.........

Blood !!

And the person whose blood I have on my palms.

Atleast he would be alive if he stays away from me.

Kyunki is baar to chaku mara hai. Agali baar pata nahi kya maar dun.

( Because this time, I threw the knife. But don't know what I'll throw next time. )

I could feel my eyes tearing up, reminiscing the pretty smile he gave me when the knife was deep inside him and blood was flowing like rivers. He looked weird, different, dangerous and beautiful, all together.

Such an enchanter he is.......

Gori chamdi ke sath kala jadu karne vala aadmi.

( Doing black magic with white skin man. )

Cringing at my own thought process in such a situation, I tried to get down the bed to clean my hands. My brother and Aman were the first ones to notice me and reach me, since others were still trying to digest the words spoken by the doctor.

"Washroom." I uttered, when they gave me questionable looks. Holding my hand from either side, they helped me to put my feets down and supported me throughout the way till the washroom.

With each step, I could feel my organs shaking as if they were disoriented from their original places.

May karma fuck all those persons behind my condition till they pass out.

They left me when I reached the washroom door and I held the knob tightly to balance my dangling body. Turning to Bhai, I told him quite loudly so others could also hear me.

"Please ask the doctor to discharge me. I wanna go home. My home......" Stressing the last two words, I looked directly in his eyes to let him know what I am talking about, before turning my back to him and disappearing inside the washroom.

I could hear the buzzing voices outside as I closed the door behind me.

I hated how ugly I looked when I stared down at my reflection in the mirror. My face looked dull and black. Specially the dark circles under my eyes. And my lips, they were cracked due to dryness.

Just beside the sink, there was a glass rack stuffed with washroom necessities.

Such a lavish hospital to keep soaps in each private room but not a lip balm.

I scoffed and cleaned my palms with soap to remove the smell of blood. Post that, I washed my face and prepared myself for the interrogation and manipulation sessions I will be facing after I exit the door.

I'm sure they will ask me to forgive him and give him a chance because what he did wasn't intentional.

May God provide me the strength to bear them with a smile and restrain to control myself from killing anyone else.

The surrounding was quite pleasant when I stepped out. Along with attention, I was given smiles which I didn't expect at all.

My mother in law or maybe soon to be ex mother-in-law, came forward with a mini smile on her face.

"He's our son. But you are also like our daughter. And both of you are equally important." She gently caressed my hair leaving me shocked, but then the bulb of realization lit up in me as I remembered, she isn't like those typical serial vamp mother in laws.

"I am not pressuring you to change your decision Beta, but are you sure you want to do this? It may lead to the end of this relationship." She asked worriedly and I almost laughed at her words.

"Hospital bed par hai apka beta. Mujhse milne ke thik 5 minute baad. Aapko lagta hai hum saath me reh payenge, zinda? Aur aap logon ne to kuch kaha bhi nahi jis tarah maine behave kiya uske sath." I couldn't help but point it out. My own mother interrupted when I threw the knife but they didn't. Not a single person from his family. Which makes me wonder why.

( Your son is on the hospital bed. Just after 5 minutes of meeting me. Do you think we will be able to stay together, alive? And you people didn't even say anything about the way I behaved with him. )

"He deserves that." There was a weird disappointment in her tone as well as her face while making that comment. Almost everyone in his family had the same look on their faces, except for his friend who came forward with a slightly raised voice before I could ask the reason behind their particular reaction.

"No he didn't, Aunty........ He didn't do anything intentionally and you people know that." He turned to me while speaking in a pleading tone.

"He neither deserves your hatred nor you going away from him when he isn't completely at fault. Kritika I know you suffered, but he did too. And you said you love him then why-"

"Ek sawaal puchun?" I cut him off loudly as I knew where this conversation was heading to.

( Can I ask a question? )

And even before he could deny or say something, I started speaking as this is the perfect way to clear everything at once and for all so this question wouldn't be raised in future by anyone else.

"Jab koi kaanch ka bartan toot jata hai to use phek kyun dete hain? Sambhal ke kyun nahi rakhte? Afterall bartan to vo hamara hi hai, humne paise diye hain uske liye?" He frowned his eyebrows in confusion at me and parted his lips but nothing came out of his mouth apart from air.

( When a glass utensil breaks, why do we throw it away? Why not keep it? After all, that vessel is ours, we have paid for it? )

"Main batati hun." I smiled at his speechless expressions before continuing further.

( I tell you. )

"Kyunki tuta hua kanch kisi kaam nahi aata sivay chot aur dard pahunchane ke. Aur tumhare dost ne mujhe wahi kanch bana diya hai. Jitna vo mujhe sametne ki koshish karega, utni hi use takleef hogi." My voice cracked at the end and I felt the tears wetting my cheeks.

( Because broken glass serves no purpose except for causing injury and pain. And your friend has made me that same glass. The more he will try to hold me, the more he will get hurt. )

"So......." Wiping my face clean, I sticked a wide fake smile on my wobbling lips.

"Try to keep your friend away from me if you wish to see him alive." With that, I made my way to the bed and lied down there ignoring everyone till the discharge process gets over.

Around 2 hours or something later, Bhai nudged me to change into a loose frock he bought me. I was staring at the dress and he was telling me about the struggle he had to do to convince the doctor just to divert my mind. He told me how the doctor allowed me to leave but on a condition that I have to get myself checked after a particular interval of time.

To be honest, I am fine with any condition in order to leave this place. I just don't want to stay here, beside him.

With the help of Mumma, I changed my clothes which engaged my mind for a few seconds as I remembered that a male doctor treated me and female nurses changed my clothes. That means they........

Saw me !! Naked !!

Now they would be judging me and my body in different languages.

Mumma saw the distress on my face that's why she asked me to share it with her, which I did. First she looked at me as if I lost my brain somewhere for having such thinking when I can't even stand properly without any support.

Come on !! I was being genuine.

-ly insecured is silent.

But being the sweetest mother she is, she told me that it's okay to have such thoughts but we shouldn't let them rule over us, because no one is perfect. We should accept ourself and our body the way it is. Doctor is the only person who can cure you, so you should be truthful and comfortable with them.

I pondered over her words laced with wisdom and found myself agreeing to it while walking through the corridors of the hospital. My walk was similar to a penguin as I couldn't stand properly on my feets. So I asked Bhai to lift me up in his arms.

I wouldn't have felt the need to ask if it was him.

Though I wanted to scream at my conscious mind for passing that comment but I stayed silent cause I knew, it was the truth. He would have already picked me up in his arms the second he had seen me struggling.

I placed my head on the car window and helplessly gazed outside throughout the way. His parents and Bua Dadi also accompanied us and left after an hour when they saw us settled down properly without any problem.

It makes me feel astonished that they respected my decision without a word. Not that I am complaining but I anticipated them to come up with the idea of considering his side before reaching to a conclusion. But surprisingly, they didn't said anything.

I don't know but I feel like something happened grave when I was unconscious. Something that sowed a seed of detest in their hearts for him.

Evening passed sooner than expected because I indulged myself in exploring my own house since it looked pretty foreign to me after the long duration of six months. Dinner went just fine because I had to eat khichdi, but without pickle, curd or papad.

Everything was good and why wouldn't it be? I was at my house, where I grew up. But the only problem I faced was sleep. No matter how much I tried I couldn't sleep even a bit. So after tossing and turning for more than 3 hours till midnight, I decided to take a walk on the terrace.

The weather was quite soothing as cool breezes were blowing. Sitting on a two seater swing on the terrace, I admired the moon that looked beautiful from far twinkling between the stars.

I was so engrossed in staring at the moon that I didn't even notice when someone sat beside me until I heard a familiar voice.

"Can't sleep?" I found Bhai there clutching his phone in his palm.

He must be talking to Anshu and updating her about my health as she was out of Delhi due to her work. She must've tried to reach me but when she couldn't, she would have called him.

"We can go to Papa. He will pat you to sleep, like he used to do in childhood." He suggested resting his hands beside his frame on the swing and joined me in admiring the moon.

"Why you never did it Bhai?" I asked, keeping my eyes fixed at the beautiful night sky as I remembered my childhood days.

"Did what??" He questioned pushing the floor with feets to help the swing in moving.

"Patting me to sleep. Even when I asked you to." I turned my eyes to him to look at his facial contortions when he stayed mum for a few seconds.

Feeling my gaze on himself, he sighed audibly before speaking.

"I didn't wanted to sacrifice my sleep for you." I smiled at his reply because I knew he was lying. That's why he purposely avoided eye contact with me.

"Liar !! You didn't wanted me to get habituated of you." I exclaimed and he quickly turned his face towards me.

"Kyunki pata tha apko, ki agar mujhe apki aadat pad gayi to jaldi nahi chhutegi. Aur aap nahi chahte the ki ek sukoon bhari neend ke liye mujhe kisi pe dependent rehna pade. Right??" I asked through a teary smile and clogged throat.

( Because you knew, i won't be able to leave you if I got habituated of you. And you didn't wanted me to be dependent on someone for a peaceful sleep. Right? )

He caressed my hair and held the back of my head to bring it closer to his lips for a gentle peck before pressing my face into his chest and rounding his arms around my back, taking me in a comforting hug.

I also clinged onto him like a Koala when he took the role of mama bear.

"Phir bhi maine galati ki Bhai. Depend ho gayi main us a-admi pe. A-aur ab dekhiye....... N-neend hi nahi aa rahi hai." I cried out on his chest feeling pathetic for being so weak for that man, his presence, his essence.

( Still I made a mistake brother. I got dependent on that man. A-And now look...... I can't sleep. )

I could feel him patting my back to hush me but it only provided me strength to speak more as I wanted to let everything out to someone.

Removing his hands from me, I faced him so I could explain myself properly.

"H-he..... He used to braid my hair sometimes at night. S-shayad isliye...... Ye-ye sulajh hi nahi rahe hain. I tried, but nahi ho raha hai. Dekho......." I brought my hair to the front and showed him the tangled locks that I was trying to solve but couldn't.

( M-maybe that's why....... They are not detangling. I tried, but it's not happening. See........ )

He caged my hands in his that were trying to detangle the hairs and embraced my crying figure tightly. I don't know for how long I wept in his arms as he rocked me back and forth. But soon my cries died down and eyes turned dry as I felt too tired to even move a muscle now.

He acknowledged my tiredness and picked me up in his arms to take me back to my room. My eyes were red and face swollen so he helped me to wash my face with cold water. After that, he made me sit on my bed before disappearing somewhere and coming back ten minutes later with a hot chocolate in his hands.

Passing me the cup, he sat behind me on the bed and started detangling my hairs silently and gently. Not even a single word was exchanged between us after the last conversation. Maybe he knew, talking about him or anything related to him would do nothing but to make me cry more.

I also found it better to stay quiet because if I opened my mouth, then it would surely be about him. Obviously, I won't praise the brightness of sun in cold night just because I wanted to divert my mind and my heart from someone-

Let it be Kittu......

I sighed and sipped the hot beverage. To be honest, I never knew hot chocolate could be bitter too. God bless my best friend for the unique piece she is going to get, in the form of her husband and my brother.

Somehow I managed to push the bitter liquid down my throat as he made it with so much love so I didn't want to upset him. He took the empty cup from my hand and made me lie down before covering me with the thin cotton sheet that Mumma bought in buy 2 get one free offer.

If things were fine, I would have definitely used this opportunity to tease him as he was patting me while sitting beside me. Maybe he wasn't planning to leave soon till I fell asleep. So I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep so he could rest too. He believed my act and pecked my forehead before leaving the room.

Opening my eyes, I stared at the ceiling when the door of my room was closed by him. Tears again streamed down on their own. I was trying to think of everything weird that could stop me from crying but nothing worked. It kept on going until my eyes closed on their own and I slipped into deep slumber with my aching heart.

Next day started with me smiling lightly at my reflection in the bathroom mirror when I saw my hair braided in a loose tail.

Are all the brothers same like mine? They love us, but won't show it openly until we cry in front of them.

Rest of the day was awful as either I was grieving in various corners of the house or trying to engage my mind somewhere else since I wasn't allowed to work until my body regains the lost strength.

And just like that, three days passed and all I did in these three days was to go on a morning walk with Appa as he was helping me to gain my stability back, experimenting food items with Mumma since she didn't wanted me to get bore at home, watching movies and web series with Bhai cause he wanted company. And lastly, crying myself to sleep at nights because of those happy moments I spent with him.

The only thing I liked in these three days was talking to Aman, as he would call me twice daily. Once in the morning and another around dinner time. And there were two reasons behind my liking. First was the conversation between the two of us that was limited till the queries of my health as he never asked anything beyond that. Neither did he included someone else, except for her.

Her...... Iraa...... The second reason. After asking about my health, he would show me the mischiefs done by her little paws in the entire household. Though I wanted to bring her to me to stop her from tearing the expensive sofa covers and breaking the costly vases of his Mansion, but I didn't.

I didn't wanted to keep anything to me that would work as a bridge between me and him or the people of his house. And about the calls, I would make sure they lessen in future.

People grew distant with time. Don't they?

I always tried to grip my emotions and keep them under control while looking at the house that was my home for six months, but I failed every single time. The more I was trying to separate him from my life, the more his memories were sticking like a leech to me. But I was grateful to my family that stood beside me at every moment whenever I felt myself collapsing.

Appa would wake me up every morning and Bhai......

He would braid my hair in a loose tail every night.

"I don't want to sacrifice my sleep for you."

Huh !!

Now he is the one who waits for me to fall asleep so he could braid my hair just because he didn't wanted to show his affection and get teased by me.

Why do I have such bipolar people in my life?

I thought and made my way downstairs after a nice fresh bath to start my 4th and last day of being idle, because today is Sunday and I will be joining my work from tomorrow onwards.

The sudden urge to drink water rose in me as it was the working mechanism of my body. A full glass of water after an hour long shower.

Cascading through the stairs while ruffling my wet locks, I directly entered the kitchen and opened the fridge to take out the water bottle before closing the door. Post that, I turned around to ask Mumma what she cooked for breakfast.

But the scene was quite unusual as Mumma looked different with the apron. She looked kinda......

Buffed I guess??

Must be my hallucination !!

Or the side effects of medicines I am having.

I told myself and exited the kitchen to go towards the hall still in daze. Reaching near the four seater dining table of my house, I occupied one of the chairs and filled a glass for myself.

Just as I took the first and the large sip, my eyes caught the view of my hall and the water flew out of my sprinkling in the air.

6000+ words phew!!

Finally they met !!

Was it worth the wait??

Your thoughts on Rehan??

What do you all think? Kritika is overreacting??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 19.5K 63
Meera Raichand: Daughter of Annie and Arjun Raichand. She's sweet, caring and loving. When she loves someone she loves them fiercely. She wanted to s...
271K 9.6K 74
shraddha goel was born with a silver spoon but a humble kind and soft girl. she was married off when she was twenty two to a rich multi millionaire...
29.7K 4.7K 30
Anubhav Singh: The esteemed DSP of Lucknow, known as the fearless tiger of department. Haseena: A kind-hearted pediatrician at New Life Hospital. Bot...
3.4M 188K 72
He is a psychopath. For her. #1 The Desi Psychopath Series The glass from her hand dropped and she was about to run towards her brother. But... "Shh...