His Little Monster

By ritu_writes

"Tumhe maafi mangne par majbur na kr diya to mera naam bhi Rehan Pratap Singh Rathore nhi." "Aur agar usi the... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Dedication
Introduction
Introduction - 2
Ch.1 HER
Ch. 2 HIM
Ch. 3 The Clash
Ch. 4 After Effect
Ch. 5 The Beginning
Ch. 6 Face off
Ch. 7 Game Starts
Ch. 8 Meet Again
Ch. 9 Serving His Highness
Ch. 10 His Anger
Ch. 11 Her Outburst
Ch. 12 Regret
Ch. 13 Marriage
Ch. 14 A Shocking Engagement
Ch. 15 Challenge
Ch. 16 Drunk
Ch. 17 Kidnapped and Assaulted
Ch. 18 Rescued
Ch. 19 Tortured
Ch. 20 Wedding
Ch. 21 Hitched
Ch. 22 After Marriage
Ch. 23 First Night Together
Ch. 24 Muh Dikhai
Ch. 25 Mr. v/s Mrs.
Ch. 26 The Temple Visit
Ch. 27 A What??
Ch. 28 Spoiled🤨🤨
Ch. 29 Changes
Ch. 30 Arguments
Ch. 31 Stucked Together
Ch. 32 Vihaan's Engagement
Ch. 33 The Truth
Ch. 34 Indirect Confession
Lazy
Ch. 35 Shopping Romance
Ch. 36 Karva Chauth
Ch. 37 His Insult , Her Punishment
Ch. 38 Gangsta Baby
Ch. 39 Trust
Ch. 40 Haldi Ceremony
Ch. 41 Kritika ka Maal
Ch. 42 Kunwaro ki Mehfil
Ch. 43 The D-Day
Ch. 44 Entangled Souls
Ch. 45 Contradictions
Apology Note
Ch. 46 His Inner Feelings
Ch. 47 A Guest
Ch. 49 Helpless
Ch. 50 The Chase
Ch. 51 The hunt
Ch. 52 When Devil met Beast
Ch. 53 Separation??
Author's note
Ch. 54 Back to Sweetheart
Ch. 55 Under Her Spell
Ch. 56 Shiddhat-e-wafa
Ch. 57 Zaroorat
Ch. 58 Crazy but His
Ch. 59 Insecurities And Guilt

Ch. 48 Just Revenge??

10K 781 244
By ritu_writes

Author's POV

"Relax Kittu...... You don't need to stress yourself." Anshika cooed from another side of the call.

"And why I shouldn't? What if it didn't turned out the way I want it to be? What if he didn't reciprocate my feelings? What I am gonna do then?"

"Nothing such like that will happen. He loves you girl."

"Like babe...... not love. He likes me but he never said anything about love." Kritika reverted picking up two different shades of nude lipsticks to mix them for the third one.

"Woah....... If this is his like...... Then how his love gonna be?"

"Meaning?" She asked while blending the shades on her lips.

"Jis kadar log pyaar karte hain, us kadar tera pati pasand karta hai. To jab pyaar karega, tab kya hoga?"

( Your husband likes the way people love someone. So what will happen when he will love? )

Kritika blinked several times halting her actions to analyse the weightage of her words. She can't deny the statement as she has personally witnessed it.

He married her just because he liked her presence around him.

He protected her, pampered her, cared for her. All that when he claimed to like her. Then the things he would do in love.......

"Shut up...... Don't confuse me. His love and like, both are same. He's just....... unaware of his feelings." She shivered for a second with the mere thought of his craziness.

"You are changing your own words Kittu."

"And who's to be blamed for this?"

"I was genuinely curious."

"You....... and your curious mind...... Both go to hell." She hanged up even before Anshika could say something.

She stared at her reflection in the mirror. No doubt she looks heavenly beautiful in that black saree that she chose for the night and the light make up she opted. But the fact that it's the first ever date of her life, that too with her husband, is fluctuating her confidence.

And the cherry on top was his supposed response. She doesn't know how he's gonna react to the entire set up when he has been extremely busy for the past one week. Even yesterday too, he came home, had dinner and post that locked himself in his study room. He was back in room in the wee hours of the morning when she woke up to empty her tank for the second time in row.

Fucking irritating function of human bladder. Urging the human body to pee, when the person is in deep sleep.

She snapped out of her thoughts when a faint knock entered her ears. She turned around and found Vihaan standing at the door.

"Shall we leave??" She heard him asking.

Taking a deep breath, she turned back to mirror and checked out herself for the last time before nodding at him. They ascended the stairs together and came across the group of Rathore ladies in the hall.

"Hayee........ Aap to kehar dhaa rahi hain Bhabhi sa. Ab to bhagwan bachaye Bhai sa ko." Aman clutched his heart dramatically and fell backward on the sofa with an exaggerating sigh.

( Haye....... You are wreaking havoc sister-in-law. May God save my brother. )

"Meow....."

"See...... Even Iraa is agreeing with me." He pointed his finger in Diya's lap where Iraa was resting.

Bua dadi slowly walked to Kritika who was smiling shyly on Aman's comment and circled her both palms around her head taking the evil eyes off her. Kalyani also came forward and applied a kohl dot behind her ears for the same purpose. Whereas, Amulya pecked Kritika's forehead out of affection.

Now being one of the superior lady of the house, Iraa too came down from Diya's lap to appreciate Kritika in her own way by snuggling around her feets. Kritika took her in arms and she clinged onto her neck as if giving an encouraging hug.

"Ghani suthri laag rahi hai. Tanne dekh ke mane mhare jawani ke din yaad aa gaye. Main bhi thare fufa sa ne apni patali kamar balkhake ungliyan pe nachaya karti thi." Bua dadi spoke all of a sudden.

( You are looking so beautiful. Looking at you, I remembered the days of my youth. I too used to make your uncle dance on my tunes by swaying my flat waist. )

"Haan...... Aur phir fufa sa ne nach nach ke Bua sa ki kamar ka kamra kar diya."

( Yes...... And then uncle converted aunt's flat waist into football ground by dancing. )

Everyone gasped on Aman's words. And the most famous weapon of brown household, the legendary flying slipper was launched at him by Bua Dadi. The slipper landed directly on his face even though he tried hard to dodge it.

"But I just said the truth. Your kamar is a kamra now. And for sure it's fufa sa's fault." He added innocently rubbing the affected area of his face.

"Besharam ( Shameless )........" Bua Dadi yelled and bend down to remove her another slipper. In the meantime, Aman scurried away from hall leaving the laughing ladies behind.

"Okay guys let us take our leave, we are already very late." Vihaan asserted taking Iraa from Kritika and then passing it to Amrita.

"Beendani ( Daughter in law )......." Bua dadi called out for Kritika holding her hand.

She leaned down and whispered something in Kritika's ears. Due to which, Kritika blushed profusely like a new bride.

"Jaa...... Nahi to der ho javegi." She nudged Kritika to leave.

( Go........ otherwise you will be late. )

They bid their bye and sat in the car going to their destination.

"Nervous??" Vihaan initiated the conversation gaining a nod in return.

"I can understand. Take deep breaths. And no matter what happens......... Don't cry out of anxiety." Though he had an encouraging expression but Kritika was no fool to misunderstand the teasing behind it.

"Bua Dadi ki chappal se jyada tez lagegi meri heel. To thoda sambhal ke."

( My heels will feel sharper than aunt's slippers. So be a little careful. )

"I was just trying to lighten up your mood."

"Then don't....... Because not every other person will hold back themselves." She snapped back instantly.

"Why do you sound irritated?"

"Cause I am........ I am tensed. And when I am tensed, I get irritated easily." She exclaimed banging the dashboard.

"Now I am confused......... If I should be happy that you didn't got married to me or sad....... that my brother is suffering in your hands." He expressed side eyeing her hands that was busy scraping the paint of car's interior through nails.

Kritika stopped her actions and turned to him with a forced smile on her lips.

"Same with me, even I am confused that I should be happy about becoming Badi Maa.......... Or sad that the kid isn't result of your marriage but your marriage is result of the kid."

"Nashte me machhali khayi thi kya? Jo uske kaante mujh par fek rahi ho." Vihaan scowled while driving.

( Did you eat fish for breakfast? That you are throwing it's bone at me. )

"I'm vegetarian........" She deadpanned emotionlessly.

"Ohh han........ Tum to biryani me se chawal nikal kar khane valon me se ho." He recited remembering the incident of few days back when they had chicken biryani in dinner on Diya's request.

( Ohhh yeah....... You are one of those who eat rice out of biryani. )

They were tensed about what to order for her as she was the only one vegetarian in the house. But they were left amazed when she had that biryani with gusto after eliminating the chicken pieces from her plate to Rehan's.

"Thanks......." She acknowledged not so interestingly.

"By the way, What did Bua Dadi said to you while we were leaving?"

"Bacche chahiye unhe......." She replied in trance gazing out of the window.

( She want children...... )

"Is Umar main !! Body kamzor nhi hai unki?"

( At this age!! But isn't her body weak? )

At first Kritika gave him a confused look. But when she realised the meaning of his words, her eyes widened and she screeched loudly.

"Ayee...... Pagal aadmi......... Hamare bacche chahiye unhe, mere aur Rehan ke." She was just seconds away from grabbing his throat. Since he was driving, she chose not to take risk.

( You...... Mad man....... She want our children, mine and Rehan's. )

"Ohh sorry....... I thought she........ wanted to........." He sheepishly trailed off rubbing the back of his neck. Kritika threw him a disgusted look before turning her focus back to window annoyed by him.

Seems like both the Rathore siblings are in mood to get murdered by Bua Dadi.

She thought.

"Here we are........." Vihaan stopped the car outside the lavish gate of an elegant and enormous resort. They got down and approached the receptionist to ask for their reserved table.

A lady dressed in black pencil skirt and collared white shirt showed them the way.

"Hope you liked the decoration. Sir, Mam......" She recited in a polite tone full of professionalism.

"It's...... It's perfect. Thank you." Kritika replied admiring the view while the receptionist left the place.

The simple yet exquisite background was perfectly jamming with beach view. She really liked the set up. Now she only hopes for Rehan to like this too.

"I called in office. Bhai left from there half an hour ago. He will be here in next 15-20 minutes." Her heart beat increased on Vihaan's words. She licked her lips to moisten them to get rid of the sudden dryness erupted in her throat.

"Kittu....... Relax......... And remember......." He held Kritika from her shoulders.

"It's both of yours anniversary today. So even if things turns out opposite, don't spoil the day because of that. Hmm......" She nodded at him before he engulfed her in a friendly hug.

"I can stay till Bhai comes if you are nervous."

"Uhhunn........ I'll manage. You go." She smiled lightly pushing him. Vihaan mirrored her smile before leaving the place.

She exhaled heavily taking place on one of the chairs. Now that she was alone with her thoughts, nervousness started crawling back upto her mind. So to distract herself, she kept her head on table and gazed at the uproaring waves of the sea.

"Mam........ Your order." A waiter came and placed a large round plate on the table covered by a steel cloche.

"I am sorry but...... I didn't order anything." She apologized sweetly to the male before her.

"Sir did. He specifically asked us to serve you this."

Just then she heard her phone pinging. The name of Vihaan displaying in message notification gave her the hint of the so called sir who must have ordered the dish.

She thanked the waiter, who bowed before leaving .

You made me my favourite food whenever I was anxious. So thought to pay you back. Enjoy 😉😉😉

After reading his message, curiousity got the best of her and she quickly removed the lid only to find her all time favourite street food there. Golgappe........ Her lifeline.......

Texting him a heartful thank you, she happily devoured the plate. Afterall, food is life.......... We are living for food, we working for it. So we should prioritise it.

Eating came quite handy for her to subside the uneasiness nesting in her chest. Now all she was doing was to wait for her dear husband who's stucked god knows where.

The boot clicking sound resonated around her and she knew he was here. Behind her........

Her heart was thudding so loudly inside her chest that she could hear it easily. She stood up to turn on her heels and came across the sight of her handsome yet worned out husband standing there with his coat resting on his left arm. His hairs were a little messed up. But instead of ugly....... that made him look more tempting.

Her feets started moving on their own. And she stood exactly a metre away from him.

"Where are your friends? And you said it's a birthday pa-"

"I lied......." She cut him off.

"Why??"

Rather than answering him, she clutched his right hand and slowly dragged him till the table. Taking his coat in her hands, she placed it on the chair beside him and streched her hand towards the cloche on the table.

She removed the cloche revealing a beautiful and cute cake with happy 6 months anniversary written on it.

"Happy six months anniversary Rehan........" Holding his palms, she heartedly wished.

"I am sorry I........ forgot." He stuttered gazing down at the cake with guilt. She could feel the sadness dripping down his tone but shrugged.

''I know........ That's why I arranged it.'' She chirped sweetly.

Decreasing the distance between them, she cupped his bearded cheek and caressed it ever so gently. Raw emotions swirled across her eyes and her voice turned heavier.

"I won't beat around the bush. These six months with you made me realise about my significant other........ which is you. You are an important part of my life Rehan.......... That keeps me sane and breathing. I don't know how to explain it to you Rehan but..........."

She struggled to express herself due to her usual self. She has always been cheerful and light hearted person. Seriousness is something which is seen occassionally in Kritika. But when it does, she gets to her vulnerable point where her emotions are all over the place. Be it anger, be it happiness or something else.

She inhaled deeply and smiled at him widely through teary eyes.

"Log ruh me baste hain Rehan....... Lekin aap to mere jism me utar chuke hain. Jab bhi aaine me khud ko dekhti hu........ To sirf apko mehsus karti hu."

( People resides in the soul Rehan........ But you have dwelled in my insides. Whenever I look at myself in the mirror, I only feel you. )

She held his right hand and brought it close to the left side of her chest. Sliding down the strap of her sleeveless blouse through his hand, she revealed a deep red mark just exactly on the place where her heart resides.

"Ye dekh rahe hain........ Aapka diya hua nishan hai ye. Jo mujhe ye bhulne hi nhi deta ki........ Ki main khud ko saunp chuki hun apko. Apne jism ko, apne waqt ko, apne dimag ko aur......... Apne dil ko........." She whispered the last words in low voice retrieving her hand back making his hand also to fall near his sides.

( You see this....... This is the mark you gave me. Which never lets me forget that....... That I have submitted my everything to you. My body, My time, My mind and......... My heart. )

She composed herself with difficulty and wrapped her arms around his torso keeping her head on his chest sideways.

"Pyaar karne lagi hun main apse Rehan......... Your little monster....... is falling for you." She mumbled near his heart while few tears cascade down her cheeks mixing in the sand afterwards.

( I have started loving you Rehan...... )

She kept hugging him without saying anything to let him absorb the information properly. She knew he will be needing time to grab everything that just happened in past few minutes.

She sensed him holding her arms which brought a smile on her face leading her to expect a romantic or delightful response in return. But all her dreams came crashing down when he jerked her back through her arms.

"Kya bakwas laga rakhi hai? Pyaar, ruh and all hann......... Are out of your mind?" He yelled loudly at her face making her cower back due to sudden outburst.

( What nonsense have you put there? Love, Soul and all...... )

"Rehan........" She called out lowly to bring him back from trance. Cause as per her, it wasn't her Rehan speaking. But his anger maybe as he always looses control over himself. Her Rehan would never raise his voice at her. That's what he instilled in her mind through his actions.

"I am...... I am sorry. Ignore that....... What were you saying?" He waved off his hand dismissing his agressive behaviour and asked her to do the same.

"You love me??" She nodded meekly at his stoic face after encouraging herself as she thought finally he's back to his senses.

"Aww........ That's so bad Sweetheart. You know why?" His tilted head and psychotic smile trembled her insides.

"Cause I don't. And I would never......."

"Why??" Her lost voice came alive in confusion hearing his last words of never loving her. What is he even saying. They spend so many beautiful moments together and this is what he have to say after all that.

"Kabhi sher ko apne shikaar ke pyaar me padte dekha hai?" He asked menacingly.

( Have you ever seen a lion falling in love with its prey? )

"What??" She let out in a cracking voice perplexed of his wierd behaviour that started scaring her for unknown reasons.

Somewhere back in her mind she knew what he is doing. But she was feeling way too coward to acknowledge it. She didn't wanted her heart to get broken. Not specially when she have feelings for him. Not when she put her blind trust on him.

He took predatory steps towards her and stopped when he was quite close to her.

"You........ were my prey. Or better say......." Locking his hands behind, he leaned forward to her left ear and husked.

"Revenge........" Gaining his composure back, he gave her a last look before moving to the table. He pulled one of the chairs and sat on it taking the champagne bottle from table before pouring a glass for himself.

"Rehan Pratap Singh Rathore never forgets anything. Neither praise...... nor insult."

"It was quite hectic maintaining that whipped husband facade all day. Gosh the things I had to do. Being gentle to you when I wanted nothing but to push off you for clinging onto me and irritating the shit out of me. Faking my care, listening to your pathetic rantings and most importantly....... handling your tantrums. What are you??? A five year old....... To behave like that." He finished while taking a sip.

"Mmm....... I literally had to transform into someone else for you. And all that for what?? To satisfy my ego. But the hardwork really paid off though." He stood up from there and walked to her still figure.

"I mean....... look at you, all broken and defeated. Ahh...... it's giving such a soothing effect to my burning heart." She blankly looked at his left hand that rubbed his chest. The platinum band in his ring finger made her remember the moment when he confessed his feelings so gently and cutely.

That Rehan and this Rehan, both are so different. That Rehan made her smile through his words but this one is hurting her. The mere thought only caused her to tear up.

"Hey........ Why are you crying? Ohh...... Is it because I played with your feelings. Tch..... Tch..... I didn't mean to I swear..........." He pinched the skin of his neck between his finger and thumb.

"It's just........ You were too stubborn to accept your defeat. If you have apologized on first hand, I wouldn't have to take this way at all. I know it was wrong of me to use your feelings like that but......... it's fine i guess. As long as I am happy, others don't matter. Since........." He bend his head a little to match her eye level.

"I am a sucker for myself." He asserted arrogantly before turning his back to her and moving forward to table to refill the glass.

"I don't believe you. Neither your words." His hands that were pouring the champagne, stopped upon hearing her words. He faced her with amused expressions.

"I don't know why you are saying all these. But I trust you Rehan. And I am ready to wait for you to explain me everything." She announced seriously meaning each and every word of the sentence.

"Ek baar aap par Bharosa na karne ki galti kar chuki hun Rehan........ Dubara nhi karungi." This time her voice was a little soft.

( I have made the mistake of not trusting you once Rehan........ I will not do it again. )

He scoffed audibly resting his hips on the table and sipping onto the beverage.

"No wonder it wasn't difficult to fool you woman. Why would you think I am lying hann??"

"Cause never for once I saw any other emotion than love and care for me in your eyes. You said you were faking your care and you got irritated while doing so. But I didn't saw irritation in your eyes. All I saw was endless love for me." Her words may project that she's fine now but only she knows how difficult it was for her to ignore his previous words that was still tormenting her.

"I think you have officially lost it now. Even after I told you everything you are still stuck on that one point. What is it hann? Why so desparate?? Oh wait....... is it the M factor. Money........ Don't tell me you got habituated of the luxurious life came with me. And now you don't want to leave it." He accused while having the drink casually.

"Rehan !! You better stop with your nonsense if you are not going to explain the problem to me. Cause your words......... are hurting me now."

"Wow they started hurting you now? But I said so many hurtful things before. What about them? That didn't hurt you? Or is it hurting because it's true."

"You know it more than me Rehan. It was never about money." She replied numbly as she has the idea where this conversation is heading to.

She may not be able to recognise the man before her but she does know about herself. And if it continued going this way, then that moment is not so far when she will shut the door of her heart after pushing him away. And once she did that, there's no going back.

"Yeah........ That's why you accepted the Thar in a blink." He rolled his eyes.

"Rehannn........ Bas kijiye........ Takleef ho rahi hain." She pleaded finally giving up. She tried to be understanding, to be strong, to trust him......... But now it's enough.

( Rahan....... Stop it..... It's hurting........ )

"Still you are not ready to accept that I don't love you. It was revenge all along. Everything I did was just for my revenge."

"Everything??" Tears streamed down her face endlessly and she didn't even bothered to wipr them off.

"Everything." He said through gritted teeths staring back at her face with utmost hatred.

"And....... And what about those nights that we spend together? Were those also planned to make me vulnerable? And-And this ring......... Your confessions........ Everything was fake??" She tried for the last time.

"Hmm.........Those confessions, were fake. Those nights, were heat of the moment where I lost myself. And that ring........" He turned his back at her and penetrated the layers of sea through his gaze.

"Take it as a reward." He added bringing the glass near to his lips. But before he could proceed further, he was harshly turned around through his biceps and a stinging slap landed on his face, which loosened his grip on the glass shattering it into pieces.

"Vaishya nhi hu main......... Jo mere sath sone ki keemat de rahe hai aap mujhe." She yelled loudly on his face holding his collar.

( I am not a prostitute........ That you are paying me for sleeping with you. )

She pushed him back and cupped her face feeling herself falling apart.

"Maine...... Maine itni himmat karke apse apne pyaar ka izhaar Kiya aur apne....... Apne 2 minute nhi lagaye mujhe gold digger label karne me."

( I........ I gathered so much courage to confess my love to you and you....... You didn't even took 2 minutes to label me as a gold digger. )

"You were playing with me, accepted !!You don't love me. You never did, accepted !! But the least you could do was to respect my feelings Rehan, Respect me....... as a woman."

( Scoff )

"Main bhi kisse baat kar rhi hun. Jis aadmi ne apni hi biwi ko vaishya ki jagah par rakh diya, vo kya kisi aurat ki izzat karega." She wiped her face walking close to him.

( Who am I even talking to? Will a man who puts his own wife in the place of a prostitute, respect any woman? )

"You know what......... Bohot kuch kehna chahti hun, bohot kuch hai andar, par ab iska koi fayda nhi. Kyunki aap-...... ahan........ Tum !! Tum iske layak nhi ho." She made sure to stress the word tum while pointing her finger at him.

( I want to say a lot, I have a lot inside, but there is no use of it now. Because you!! You do not deserve it. )

"You wanted to broke me right? Congratulations....... I am broken. You wanted to enjoy my misery....... Enjoy cause I am miserable. All thanks to your applauding acting skills. That was commendable. You should try in films."

"First day, first show par front row ki ticket khareed kar dekhne aungi. Vo bhi apne paison se." She air quoted the last phrase through her fingers before going to the table and collecting her belongings.

( I will buy front row tickets on the first day, first show to watch. That too with my own money. )

She straightaway made her way to the exit without batting him an eye. While crossing him, she stopped for a second and looked at him.

"Pehla pyaar samajh kar jaane de rahi hun. Agar dubara ye thopda lekar mere samne aaye....... To vo haal karungi ki naali ke chuhe aur tumhare chaukhte me koi difference nhi rahega." With that she made her way out of that venue as well as his life.

( I am letting you go considering as my first love. If you came in front of me again with that face....... Then I will do such things that there will be no difference between a drain rat and your face. )

For now.........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 1.5K 34
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur •••••••••••...
23K 1.3K 19
Vahi massom chehra Jo 2 saal pehle dekha tha Jo aaj bhi raat ko sone nahi deta. Vahi nili ankhe Jo 2 saalo pehle dekhi thi bilkul samundar ki t...
264K 9.4K 74
shraddha goel was born with a silver spoon but a humble kind and soft girl. she was married off when she was twenty two to a rich multi millionaire...
92.8K 6K 38
"You are caught Moon, stop staring at me". My heart quickened, This man will be the end of me. "Trust me moon, The way you look at me makes my heart...