The Reverend's Daughter (Book...

By Jaidesmamasmama

Violet Petals has found a maid that touches his heart. Charming, funny, and extraordinarily handsome, the pir... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six Part One
Chapter Six Part Two
Chapter Seven Part One
Chapter Seven Part Two
Chapter Eight Part One
Chapter Eight Part Two
Chapter Eight Part 3
Chapter Nine
Nine Part Two
Chapter Nine Part Three
Chapter Ten
Chapter Ten Part Two
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Eleven Part Two
Chapter Twelve
Twelve Part Two
Chapter Thirteen
Thirteen Part Two
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fourteen Part Two
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Fifteen Part Two
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Sixteen Part Two
Chapter Seventeen
Seventeen Part Two
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Eighteen Part Two
Eighteen Part Three
Chapter Nineteen
Nineteen Part Two
Nineteen Part Three
Chapter Twenty
Twenty Part Two
Twenty Part Three
Twenty One Part One
Twenty One Part Two
Twenty One Part Three
Twenty One Part Four
Twenty Two Part One
Twenty Two Part Two
Twenty Two Part Three
Twenty Two Part Four
Twenty Three Part One
Twenty Three Part Two
Twenty Three Part Three
Twenty Four Part One
Twenty Four Part Two
Twenty Four Part Three
Twenty Five Part One
Twenty Five Part Two
Twenty Five Part Three
Twenty Six Part One
Twenty Six Part Two
Twenty Six Part Three
Twenty Seven Part One
Twenty Seven Part Two
Twenty Seven Part Three
Twenty Eight Part One
Twenty Eight Part Two
Twenty Eight Part Three
Twenty Nine Part One
Twenty Nine Part Two
Twenty Nine Part Three
Twenty Nine Part Four
Thirty Part One
Thirty Part Two
Thirty Part Three
Thirty Part Four
Thirty One Part One
Thirty One Part Two
Thirty One Part Three
Thirty One Part Four
Thirty Two Part One
Thirty Two Part Two
Thirty Two Part Three
Thirty Two Part Four
Chapter Thirty Three Part One
Thirty Three Part Two
Thirty Three Part Three
Thirty Three Part Four
Thirty Four Part One
Thirty Four Part Two
Thirty Four Part Three
Thirty Four Part Four
Thirty Five Part One
Thirty Five Part Two
Thirty Five Part Three
Thirty Five Part Four
Thirty Six Part One
Thirty Six Part Two
Thirty Six Part Three
Thirty Six Part Four
Thirty Seven
Thirty Seven Part Two
Thirty Seven Part Three
Thirty Seven Part Four
Thirty Eight
Thirty Eight Part Two
Thirty Eight Part Three
Thirty Eight Part Four
Thirty Nine
Thirty Nine Part Two
Thirty Nine Part Three
Chapter Forty
Forty Part Two
Forty Part Three
Forty Part Four
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty One Part Three
Forty One Part Four
Chapter 42
Forty Two P. 2
Chapter 42 P. 3
Forty Two P 4
Forty Three
Authors Note *Not an update
Forty Three Part 2
Forty Three P. 3
Forty Three Part Four
Chapter Forty Four
Forty Four Part Two
Forty Four Part Three
Forty Four Part Four
Forty Four Part Five
Forty Five
Forty Five Part Two
Forty Five Part Three

Chapter Forty One Part Two

5.3K 392 53
By Jaidesmamasmama

The guests began milling about the different areas of the estate as the Wench's crew, in full character, directed them here and there. Small children were encouraged to be led to the barn, there to see the horses and petting animals under Jordy and his men's watchful eyes. Other families made their way to the lake, wanting to toss feed at the ducks, to then watch them swim and dive.

Many made their way to the meadow around the back side of the lake. That was where the booths were arranged in rows, the rows facing one another, a walkway left open down the center. The booths were all festively painted, colorful banners flew from the tops of them waving gloriously in the morning breeze. Some guests wanted to immediately try their hand at the games. Yet others found the fragrant booths where the food was being distributed more to their immediate desire.

Violet made his way through the milling throng of people, exuberantly greeting them, wearing his pirate persona large as life. Swinging his arms widely, a bag of coins jingling against the sword at his waist, he bowed flamboyantly and ruffled a few children's heads as he sashayed his way straight to Betsy.

Betsy watched his approach, soaking up the sight of this incomparable man. The wonder that he was hers swelled painfully in her breast. She had missed Violet terribly in the short amount of time he had been gone from her. Especially, as she wanted to tell him her glad news so very badly.

Upon reaching Betsy, Violet slid his hand behind her nape, he drew her near, his hand moving to slide over the silky tresses at the back of her head and pull her in close. He gazed deeply into her eyes, his own full with love, as he tilted his head to searingly kiss her. Such a possessive kiss was it, that it caused many a man to smirk and chuckle, many a woman to sigh breathily.

"He is perfection."

"What a fortunate girl."

"Oh. My. Word!"

Children began tugging at their mother's skirts, gaining their mother's attentions, begging to be shown what activities were to be had. Most of the women who witnessed the kiss, breathed one, last, wishful sigh towards the couple; wishing they could be Betsy, that was; before allowing themselves to be dragged off by their broods.

A fine, large, black carriage slowly crept through the parting crowd, it came to a stop in front of the landing, just as Violet drew back from passionately kissing his shallowly panting wife.

Half a dozen children piled from the well sprung carriage, gaining Violet and Betsy's attentions, just as soon as the coach's door was forcibly opened from the inside. The children ranged in ages from approximately four to ten. They immediately grabbed for one another's hands and shot off in the direction of the ship.

A frazzled, yet, seemingly, cheerful woman hopped down behind the children. Her golden eyes took note of which way they ran, before she turned to quickly dip in front of her host and hostess. "Lady Christine Conner, I be. Lord Ashton's cousin, lovely 'tis ta meet ye." Her gaze darted off after the children again. "Please, do be excusin' me, however, go I must." The exuberant brunette took off immediately in pursuit of the gaggle of children, her hair coming half out of her bun, her cheeks flushed, her stride purposeful as her searching eyes sought to keep her quarry in view. Christine was attempting to allow the children's parents, her cousin, Lord Ashton, and his wife, Sassy, some time to enjoy the day on their own. Undaunted by the crowd, Christine forged ahead, grabbing up a hand of each of  the younger children as she overtook them, then heading out for the other four who had run over ahead to see the ship in the yard.

Lord Ashton alit from the carriage, turning immediately to assist his wife from the coach.

Betsy blinked away the euphoria that Violet's passion had invoked. She was a bit surprised at the stocky, jovial woman who took Ashton's hand and stepped down. Ashton was a very handsome, fit, distinguished man. The very same man that Betsy had imagined in white skivvies with little red hearts all over them.

Violet spared Betsy a glance, wondering what had set her to giggling all of a sudden.

It was a combination of the adoring way Ashton gazed upon his buxom wife, and the six children that had piled from the coach. Ashton, indeed, seemed worthy of the heart dotted skivvies to Betsy.

Betsy waved off Violet's raised brow, she would tell him all about Lord Ashton and the skivvies later. Violet and Betsy stepped down from the landing to greet the noble and his wife, as Ashton's carriage carefully made it's way through the throng of people to rest with the others on the wide expanse of lawn between the manse and the road in from London.

Betsy, having been introduced to the man previously, performed a small curtsy, "My Lord." Smiling at the couple, nodding her head slightly, she then looked up to Violet.

Lord Ashton spoke first, "Lord Ashton of Bedlam." His grin was infectious, and him being the father of six rambunctious children, Violet and Betsy could well understand his humor.

"Yes, 'tis Lord of a madhouse he is," Ashton's wife teased, "I try to tell him, all of the time, 'tis of his own making, but he never seems to listen to me."

Betsy's eyes widened in surprise and she laughed outright at the woman's candor.

Violet did also, as he bowed, "Violet Petals." He said jovially to the couple.

Ashton's wife furrowed her brow, "Is that a clue?" She turned to look questioningly at Lord Ashton, "Were we told to watch for clues?" She turned back to Violet. "We heard there were to be treasure hunts." She looked widely around them for a field of violets, but she could not see much through the milling crowd.

Violet shook his head while smiling, "Nay, my lady, I am Violet Petals, and this...."

Before he could introduce Elizabeth, it started. Ashton snorted, as his wife blushed at her error, sputtering her next words.

"You jest." Her cobalt eyes twinkled and she was trying not to laugh, yet....

Violet sighed heavily, and then laughed, "No jest, my lady, I am also used to having to repeat myself, I assure you, as I have had the name all of my life."

"In that case, why, 'tis lovely to meet you, Violet Petals." Ashton's wife spoke with laughter in her voice.

Betsy liked them immediately as Ashton's wife seemed a very pleasant woman and Lord Ashton himself was very amusing.

"This is my wife, Elizabeth." Violet smiled down upon her proudly, while Betsy dipped in another curtsy, as the middle aged man and woman smiled affectionately back at her.

"This is my wife, Lady Ashton." Ashton spoke before the woman herself could.

"Well, they know that, simpleton!" The lady laughed as she swatted playfully at Ashton's chest. "I am Sassy to my friends, Sasha to my acquaintances." She smiled upon them merrily. "Please, call me Sassy."

"And you found my name strange..." Violet teased, as Betsy let her own mirth show. Violet took Betsy's hand, returning her humorous smile, his smile growing wider as Betsy started their hands to swinging.

Sassy, a dishwater blonde, turned her sparkling, dark blue eyes to her husband and looked up at him adoringly. Betsy could see exactly what Ashton had found to love in the woman. Sassy was fun, you could just tell, she had an air about her that spoke of love and mischief.

Ashton looked around for their offspring, "Please do not let us keep you any longer, Mister, Mistress Petals, you have many guests as we can see for ourselves." Ashton caught a glimpse of his cousin Christine's vibrant, red gown between the swarms of people.

"We should go assist my cousin with the children. She is only visiting for a few months and she is unused to being outnumbered, we, however, are not."

"I would hope not." Betsy giggled.

Ashton and his wife laughed, taking their leave, they heading out to see the ship with their offspring, then to decide what fun was to be had from there.

Violet put an arm around Betsy's shoulder's, "I see you have your pistols, kitten, all ready for the shooting contest are you?"

Elizabeth smiled up at him and nodded, then stood up upon her toes, as he leaned down so she could whisper in his ear. "I found out this morn I am carrying your babe."

She saw, and felt, Violet leave her. His eyes glazed over, his jaw went slack, his thoughts already chasing after a small child of their very own.

Betsy smiled smugly and sashayed away, hopping down the steps lightly, she jauntily strode towards the ship and their men.

Violet was floored. His mind immediately pictured his sweet Elizabeth, her skirts bunched up in front of her aboard ship so long ago. His mind then saw her truly heavy with his child. He then went to a place where she was laboring to bring his child into the world, and he feared. He blinked that away, knowing his prayers would cover her when the time came. Violet then saw in his mind's eye, his adorable wife, holding their babe, perhaps even baring her breast to nourish the small bundle. When Violet began imagining a toddler, walking beside him, holding his hand, he realized he had left his wife and... Where was she?

Halfway through the throng of people, almost making her destination, Betsy suddenly felt Violet grab her up from behind and spin her around. Laughing together, he put her down, only to turn her and grab her up again. Their foreheads touching, Violet and Betsy's eyes shone into one another's, their gazes filled with the purest of joy. Violet looked to the heavens, quickly giving thanks for this most wonderful of blessings, then his head descended and he kissed Betsy utterly senseless.

And we thought the last kiss was passionate, 'twas nothing, in comparison to this one. All of their joy, all of their passion, all their feelings of pleasure they held for one another were poured out into this kiss. There was only he, and she. All else faded very far, far away.

The King watched as the pixie below him sauntered across the yard. He laughed heartily at Violet's dumbfounded look and eventual reaction.

The King found it extremely amusing when Lady Eleanor's carriage came rumbling to a rest in the drive. After being handed down from her coach, Eleanor looked about and found Violet and Betsy locked in their embrace. She made a beeline to them, she tapped on Violet's arm, and, nothing...

The King chuckled lustily, calling down to them, "Ahoy, down there."

Violet and Betsy completely ignored the King, though Eleanor recognized his voice and turned to look up at him with a questioning look upon her face, which swiftly changed to one of amusement.

"I say... There are children about! That should be quite about enough of... Oomph!" The King received a sharp elbow to the ribs before he could utter another word. The King rubbed at his ribs, glaring at Brutus, suddenly wishing he could have been a knight instead of a pirate. At least then, he would have had armor to protect his poor royal side. He looked down again, chuckling anew, as Violet twirled Betsy around and around, their eyes only for one another. Her soft laughter could be heard carrying on the breeze.

The King sighed wistfully. Placing his chin in his hand atop the rail, he watched Violet and Betsy rejoice, knowing he should get back to helping supervise the youngsters. Yet, suddenly, his head snapped up and he stood to his full height as his eye was caught by a flash of fiery, bright red skirts.

*****************************************************************

And..... The moment :) well, part of it anyway.... Blessings loveys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Love Adrift By lippizzaner01

Historical Fiction

77 42 6
Everything was going perfect for Abigail Hastings, until her parents told her that they have arranged a marriage with a Commodore from the British Na...
39.8K 1.5K 18
Orphaned by a hurricane, Marion Swift has grown up under the caring wing of Lady Taylor in Port Royal. Prim and proper, no one would've thought that...
126K 8.9K 38
(EDITORS PICK) In the bloody, ruthless, and decidedly uncouth world of 17th century pirates, can a woman deceive even those closest to her and surviv...
64.1K 4K 104
Once upon a time, thousands of years ago, men and fae lived side by side. These were often dark times, as men had little means to defend themselves f...