Untamed

By OLLerato

Shelby MacLean is a woman of many secrets. Secrets that haunt and rule her life, all of which tie her to the... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80 (Bonus chapter)
81 (Bonus chapter)
82 (Bonus chapter)
83 (Bonus chapter)
84 (Bonus chapter)
85 (Bonus chapter)
86 (Bonus chapter)
88 (Bonus chapter)
89 (Bonus chapter)
90 (Bonus chapter)

87 (Bonus chapter)

938 63 9
By OLLerato

"We received your emergency, what's the status of your patient- what the hell happened?" A doctor slapped on gloves, shooting questions at Bruno as he drove up.

"You might want to take a breath before you look in there." Bruno felt lightheaded and leaned on the side. "A lunatic attacked us."

"How many injured?" The doctor asked.

"Two." He collapsed on the ground, all a show but believable.

"Two stretchers here please and someone attend to him. We have two patients inside this ambulance and I'm sure what we're about to see is ugly." The doctor pulled the doors open, some nurses gasped at the sight.

There was blood splattered everywhere, the driver and his assistant were still unconscious.

"Let's move in guys." The doctor checked the assistant first, "There's a very weak pulse and no exit wound, prep an OR and page Doctor Raoul."

A nurse ran inside while two other carefully moved her on the stretcher, there were others who started pumping fluids into her as they ran into the hospital.

"There are two exit wounds and he's lost a lot of blood. Take him to the second OR, I'll be joining you, get some blood from the blood bank." The doctor spared a glance at Bruno. "Someone will attend to you but a statement will be required from you later."

He was escorted into the hospital by two nurses immediately after, he got new stitches and was told to rest until the police arrived to take his statement.

He pretended to be asleep, regulating his breathing till the nurses left his side. Five minutes later he was up, discarding his bloody clothes, and picking up a nurses uniform close to where he'd picked one the last time he was here.

He avoided the last room where he had encountered Danielle, he was in no mood for any surprises.

"What a surprise." Danielle smiled, eyeing the uniform he had on. She'd walked into the room where he had changed. "This is the second time I've seen you in that uniform, I'm inclined to believe you're not actually a doctor."

"You caught me." Bruno lifted his hands, "I played doctor the other time, hope I won't get written up for that silly mistake."

"Of course not." She unbuttoned her lab coat. "I'll admit I did look for you several times during my shift but you were a ghost."

"I didn't know I left an impression." Bruno was an attractive man with short brown hair that he ruffled two to three times every hour, his face was smooth; he had never managed to grow a beard and that gave him a permanent baby look that favored him on most days when he needed to slip out of tricky situations.

"What happened here?" She tapped her forehead.

"Center table." He held an ID, slapping it on his palm, thankfully someone had graciously forgotten it in the pocket.

"Is there a story there?" She moved so he could walk past her and out of the door.

"Maybe if I see you around later, we can share stories." He threw in an offer.

"Definitely, as long as you don't run off."

"I'll try not to." Bruno grimaced once she was out of sight, she'd wasted his precious time and now he had to map out the place before the police showed up.

"Hey." He called a passing nurse's attention to the bloodied clothes in his hand. "Do I discard this or will the forensics team need it?"

"Is that from the freak attack in the ambulance?" The nurse asked, shaking her head. "I think the forensics teams might want to have a go, their department is on the next floor."

"Isn't that floor like heavily guarded or something?"

"Yea, didn't you hear about the nurse who had a weird accident and died?" She looked around, whispering the details. "I heard she didn't know one of the machines was plugged in and got electrocuted while trying to clean it with a wet cloth."

So that was the silly story they came up with to cover up his heinous crime. "I heard something entirely different but I'll tell you all about it after I deliver this."

"I can't wait to hear all about it." The nurse walked away.

Bruno threw the clothes into the next garbage can he saw, taking the elevator to the next level.

He was stopped the moment he stepped out by two heavily armed men.

"This floor is restricted." One said with his arm out, "Please take the elevator to the next floor."

"I need to get to the forensics department, there was a freak accident downstairs and I was asked to inform them."

"I'll inform them, please take the elevator."

"I'm sorry but I must insist, it's two of our own and everyone is on edge down there. I'll be in and out, one of you can even follow me."

The second man tapped his shoulder, pointing to the right. "Take that right and walk down, no need to take any unnecessary turns, be quick."

"Thank you." Bruno took the next right, walking straight down as instructed; he didn't need to look behind him to know he was being watched.

He walked into the forensic department, quickly shutting the door behind him.

"How can I help you?" A woman sat behind a microscope, her large glasses hanging from the neck of her lab coat.

"One of our ambulance drivers and his assistant were shot, I was supposed to deliver the clothes of the driver but no one can find it."

"Is the ambulance still downstairs?" She asked picking up a box and a camera.

"Yes it is." He replied.

"My colleague Wesley went to bathroom, please wait here and ask him to follow suit when he returns." She left him in the lab.

Her colleague Weasel returned shortly after, staring down his nose at him. "And you are?"

"Your colleague is waiting for you downstairs, I was waiting to tell you." Bruno felt for his gun strapped to his thigh.

"Alright, I can't leave you here so you have to leave."

"Will the armed men be there?" He asked, fingering his own weapon. "I'm scared of guns."

Wesley sighed like he was a pest. "No they aren't there now, they always have a five minutes break at random times in the afternoon."

"Thank you so much." Bruno shuffled his feet, smiling in gratitude as he shut the door.

True to his word the guards were nowhere in sight, Bruno hurried to the other end of the floor smiling at the other nurses like he belonged there.

"Where are you assigned?" An angry looking nurse pointed at him.

Bruno pointed at himself, looking behind him. "I'm not assigned anywhere."

"You didn't check the register, for heaven's sake I've pleaded with all of you to check the register once you sign in."

Other nurses looked at him like he had committed the ultimate crime.

"I didn't check the register."

"I know you didn't." She snarked, pulling out a small notepad. "What's your name so I can write you up?"

"It's Jamil." Bruno said the first name that came to him mind and regretted it the moment it slipped off his tongue.

She gave him a once over. "Were your parents trying to make a point?"

Some nurses laughed - quietly of course - coughing into their hands.

"My paternal grandparents were-" He trailed off, moving his hands in the air."

"I totally understood that." The nurse sighed. "I would have had you caring for the elderly but we're short on nurses in the meeting room."

"That's where I'll be." Bruno rushed off towards where he hoped was the meeting room.

The gods were smiling down on him, directly in front of him was a large sign telling him where he was headed to.

He felt a shiver run down his spine, the kind of feeling he got when he had cornered his prey - the two women making him lose sleep were in their own world in the corner, sharing laughs and kisses.

"Are you my replacement?" The nurse kneeling the middle asked, pulling off the bandana she'd tied over her eyes.

"No." Bruno said, hastening his footsteps. "I've been trying to get to you for days."

Heather stared at him losing her smile, "Who are you?" Shelby cocked her head, wondering what the problem was.

"My name is Bruno and I doubt you'll be forgetting it anytime soon."

"Who is it?" Shelby squeezed Heather's hand.

"I don't know sweetness, just a weird nurse." Heather kissed Shelby's wrist, glaring at the lunatic still standing in front of them. "You need to leave."

Bruno covered his mouth as he laughed, somehow finding the situation hilarious. "You're so much like your father, I didn't think he'd spawn another pompous bastard but you prove me wrong."

Heather's eyes widened in alarm but other than that she remained calm. "Did my father send you?"

"Yes he did." Bruno crouched, admiring her level stare. "We can do this the easy way or the messy way, no one here needs to know how far your father will go to clean up a mess."

"Whatever stupid idea you have, I'd advice you exit this hospital as you can. Even if you get rid of me, you won't be exiting this floor alive." Heather subtly covered Shelby with her body, her hand trembled in hers and Heather hated how helpless she felt.

"It's funny that you think this is the hardest thing I've had to do, I can walk by the police after putting a bullet in your pretty head and no one will suspect a thing." Bruno said in a bored tone. "We do need to make this snappy, get your girlfriend and follow me; no funny movement or I'll start spraying bullets."

"Even if I wanted to I can't follow you." Heather gritted her teeth, "My legs aren't exactly functioning."

"Your girlfriend can do us the honors." Bruno looked behind her at Shelby who had her head down, Heather blocked his view.

"Another dead end, she'd blind." Heather smirked. "Your plan has many loopholes, will you take my advice of fleeing while you can?"

"Do I look like i cracked a joke?" Bruno dug out his weapon, pointing it at Heather's head. "I'm not signing up for your shit show, get the fuck up."

Heather gulped, she'd stared down the barrel once and being back here a second time was unsettling. "I won't lie to you about that, that wheelchair is mine and she really is blind." Heather waved a hand in front of Shelby's face, she didn't blink.

"I feel like I signed up for a freak show." Bruno scratched his forehead, his hand on the gun steady. "Maxwell will pay extra for this."

"My father will be caught eventually; all his associates were wise to leave him and dry, you can do-" Heather's head snapped backwards, colliding hard with Shelby's as Bruno hit her with the butt of his gun.

"Save your speech for someone who actually cares."

Heather held her broken nose, blood gushed out dripping past her hands and onto the floor, her grip on Shelby's hand tightened. "If that was your opening statement, you were several minutes late."

"Definitely your father's daughter." Bruno chuckled, "I'll bring that wheelchair over here then you and I will take a walk."

Heather nodded, there was no way she'd endanger Shelby, "Don't be scared my love, I need to go somewhere but I'll be back."

"You can't go with him." Shelby shook her head, keeping her voice low. "Take me with you, please don't leave me here alone."

Heather felt her tremble behind her, gripping her shirt with her other hand. "If my father sent him, this isn't going to end nicely." Heather stared at the blood on her hands. "If I'm being honest, it's not going to end nicely."

"I'm happy you've had your little reunion but it's time to go." Bruno grasped Heather's arm, lifting her into the chair. "Stay put darling and don't do anything stupid, after I get rid of your girlfriend, I'll be back for you." Bruno said to Shelby.

Heather closed her eyes quietly accepting her fate but she'd die two times over before he put his hands on Shelby. He was wheeling her towards the exit when a loud bang ripped through the air.

Heather held her throat and chest, desperately running her hands over her body searching for an entry wound when the heavy weight of Bruno knocked her out of the wheelchair.

Heather landed awkwardly on her right hip and yelped, there was someone leaning over her when she tried to turn and her first instinct was to throw her hands.

"For fuck sake!" A woman was holding her bloody nose, her eyes squeezed in pain.

"I'm sorry." Heather frowned, grasping her hurt hand, the woman's nose felt like granite.

"I deserved it I guess." The woman smiled, letting the blood run. "I can't remember the last time I was caught off guard."

Heather looked to the side where an unconscious Bruno was being hauled out on a stretcher by two men, three other heavily armed men followed behind.

"What did you do to him?"

"I shot him in the shoulder. I got a clear chance and took it, he did not expect it."

Heather stared at her like some sort of hero and finally pieced it together. "You're the nurse!"

"I'm Detective Fletcher." She stretched forth a hand, Heather shook it. "I've been after that bastard for years, he won't be slipping through the system now that I have hands and eyes on him."

"Thank you so much." Heather shook her hand harder. "Please can you take me back to-"

"Shelby." She helped Heather into the wheelchair. "The both of you almost ruined my class and cover with all your lovey dovey."

"We can't ruin your class if everyone is blind, you even tied a bandana around your eyes; whatever that meant."

Detective Fletcher laughed behind her. "Who said they were blind?" Heather blushed in realization, Detective Fletcher laughed harder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 194 15
When ex-FBI agent Sierra's life gets threatened, her father does everything in his power to protect his daughter... Even if that means sending the FB...
884K 40.5K 36
Isabella found herself being taken by the Emperor's soldiers. Her village was destroyed and she watched her friends and family either get killed or t...
106K 4.7K 34
Veronica Silvers is happily married with two adorable children. However, when her dad dies unexpectedly, everything changes. One day at the cemetery...
72.8K 3.2K 48
[GxG] Sage Miller, a young woman in her twenties didn't have the best life growing up. Her journey in life had its shares of downs and disappointment...