Fictional Character One-Shots...

By shiftsandgiggles999

This will simply be various scenarios involving whatever fictional character I'm feeling that day. There will... More

Narcissa M. X Female Reader & Lucius M. X Female OC A Summer Worth Remembering
Narcissa Malfoy X Reader A Modern Lovestory
Narcissa Malfoy X Female Reader (smut) Beach Day
Narcissa Malfoy X Female Reader Thunderstorm
Narcissa Malfoy x Female Reader Period Pain
Narcissa Malfoy X Reader Little Space
Narcissa Malfoy X Reader Panic Induced Fever Dreams
Narcissa Malfoy X Female Reader (Smut)
Narcissa Malfoy x Female Reader (smut)
MPHFPC The New Housemate (Fluff)
Narcissa Malfoy X Female OC The Boggart
Narcissa Malfoy X Reader (The Funeral)
Narcissa Malfoy X Female Reader A Modern Smutstory
Narcissa Black X Female reader A Modern Smutstory pt. 2
Day of the Death Eaters Part 1 (NM X Female Reader)
Day of the Death Eaters Part 2 (NM X Female Reader)
Day of the Death Eaters Part 3 (NM X Female Reader
Day of the Death Eaters Part 4 (NM X Female Reader)
Narcissa Malfoy X Female Reader (Smut)
Day of the Death Eaters Part 5 (NM X Female Reader)
Day of the Death Eaters Part 6 (NM X Female Reader)
Day of the Death Eaters Part 7 (NM X Female Reader)
Narcissa Malfoy X Female Reader The Boggart Part Two
NM X Female Reader Mafia Boss (Smut)
The New Fairy
NM X Dom Reader (Smut)
NM X Female Reader Smut
NM X Female Reader "My Princess"
NM X Female Reader "My Princess" Part 2
NM X Female Reader (Smut)
NM X Female Reader "My Princess" Part 3
NM X Female Reader "Cam Girl" (Smut)
NM X Female Reader (Smut)
NM X Female Reader "Cam Girl" Part 2
Tina Goldstein X Reader (Smut)
NM X Female Reader (Fluff)
Update on "My Princess"
The Werewolf (Hurt/Comfort/Fluff)
Random Snippets
NM X Reader (Smut)
Royal Exhibition (Little Bit of Smut)
Royal Exhibition Part 2
Regina Mills X Reader (Smut)
The Alpha
Severus Snape X Narcissa Malfoy (Smut)
Death Eater Attack (Hurt/Comfort/Fluff)
NM/XL/Female Reader (Smut)
The Governor's Pet
NM X Reader "Panic Mantra"
"Runa Corvina Snape"
"Runa Corvina Snape" Part 2
"Runa Corvina Snape" Part 3
"Runa Corvina Snape" Part 4
"Runa Corvina Snape" Part 5
Seven Potters Gone Wrong (NM X reader) Fluff
Seven Potters Gone Wrong Part 2
"Runa Corvina Snape" Part 6
"Runa Corvina Snape" Part 7
"Runa Corvina Snape" Part 8
NM X Reader (Hurt/Comfort/Smut)
NM X Reader (Smut)
Random Snippets 2 (Smutty)
Canon NM x OC Reader (Smut)
Canon NM X OC Reader (Smut)
"Disappearance" (NM X Reader Mother Figure Fluff)
"Help Me" (NM X Reader Hurt/Comfort)
"Azkaban" (NM X Reader Smut)
"Professor" (Smut)
"Intruder" (NM X Reader Hurt/Comfort)
"Lost"
The School for Good and Evil
NM X Reader (Hurt/Comfort)
Lady Lesso X Female Reader (Smut)
NM X Reader (Hurt/Comfort)
Random Snippets Part 3 (Hurt/Comfort)
"End of a Life"
NM X Reader (Smut)
A Not So Merry Christmas
"Sick Day"
Vampire NM X Reader (Smut)
"Professor Malfoy" (Smut)
NM X Reader Smut
NM X Reader (Smut)
NM X Reader (Smut)

"Horse Show" (NM X Reader)

465 14 0
By shiftsandgiggles999

We rolled up to the show grounds at exactly 11am, giving me plenty of time to get ready and allow Atlas to settle in to his new surroundings before we entered the ring. Our test wasn't until 12:33pm, however, they were pretty much always running late and so I really didn't have to be down there until about 12:15 to warm up.

"Welp, we're here." I sighed, turning off the truck and relaxing back into the seat. My back and butt were sore from the 4 hour car ride, especially considering how tense I always was when pulling the trailer, fearful I would do something to give Atlas a bad ride.

"We are indeed." My girlfriend responded, peering around at the bustling grounds full of horses, riders, trainers, and spectators.

"Could you go and find the show office and sign us in while I get Atlas settled?" I asked her, knowing she would have done it without any encouragement from me. Narcissa had been my companion on these trips many times than I could count and we had found a routine that ensured the utmost efficiency.

"Yep. Already on it."

As Narcissa wandered off to find the check in line, I sluggishly pulled myself from the cab of the truck, trying to stretch out my muscles as I made my way over to the trailer. Since I was only bringing Atlas to this one I had opted for just the two horse, making travel just a little bit easier even if I didn't have the luxury of a tack room on the smaller trailer.

I opened the back windows and let down the ramp, the big black gelding whinnying at me as he tried to look behind him and see where we were. Atlas was a show horse, meaning he was very accustomed to this lifestyle and adjusted easily enough to the constant coming and going. However, he could still be a bit anxious when we first arrived on show grounds, especially after the longer commutes, and often looked to me for comfort and familiarity.

"Hey buddy." I greeted the big thoroughbred. "We're here. Let's get you out of this tin can yeah?"

I released the butt bar and moved to the animal's head to untie him, letting him gingerly back his way down the ramp. As soon as all four feet were on solid ground again the big black gelding was looking around with interest, snorting with anxiety and bumping me with his nose.

"Oh you're fine. We've done this a million times." I patted Atlas's neck and led him over to the side of trailer, tying him up for just a few minuets while I got the rest of our gear. I pulled a water bucket from the back of the truck and his hay net from the trailer, tying the net where he could snack on it from where he stood and looking around to see where the water source was.

"Alright. You're all ready to go." Narcissa had returned. "They're running about 10 minuets behind right now, surprise surprise, and your number is 111. Here." She handed me the tag with our show number on it and I clipped it to my pocket, hoping it didn't fall off.

"Awesome, thanks. Did you see a hose or wash stall or something down there that I can fill his bucket up with?"

"Yeah give it here. I'll be right back."

While Narcissa went off to fill the bucket up I untied Atlas again and took him on a little walk down to the ring to look around. The big thoroughbred must have finally realized what was going on because he took one look at all the shiny horses trotting around the warm up arena or grazing in front of it and dropped his head to sample the grass alongside them.

"Atta boy." I muttered, clipping our number to his halter in case any of the faculty came by and turned my attention to the other riders having their turn in the ring.

We were just doing a fairly low level dressage test today, something to get us into this year's show season as we hadn't been off property in a couple of months. However, it was still recognized by the USDF and would be a good start to the year if we placed well.

"Water bucket is by the trailer." Narcissa stepped up beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist and placing a chaste kiss on my forehead.

"Awesome. Thanks love."

"That's a pretty little bay entering the ring." She mentioned, nodding towards the pair strolling around the judge's box.

"Yeah it is. Cute little roan pony just finished up too. Had a little 10 or 11 year old rider bouncing around on its back." I chuckled, pointing out the duo heading back up towards the trailers.

"I hate I missed seeing you when you were her age. I bet you looked just as cute in your little miniature show coat with your tiny pony."

"Oh I was much cuter because I was doing pony hunters at that point. We had to wear the little hair ribbons in our braids and Choco was just the cutest little hunter pony there was. We won based on cuteness alone I swear."

Narcissa and I both laughed at the memory, watching as the little girl bounded up to her mother and trainer who looked oh so proud of her. They seemed to be finishing up the training level tests with only a handful of young horses and little riders left in the warm up arena. The judges would take a lunch break at 11:30 and first level would begin at 12, giving me about an hour left before I needed to be up on Atlas.

There were quite a few people doing first level tests today, particularly first 1 which was what we were doing also. I had a feeling the majority were doing the same as I and preparing for the upcoming show season with a nice, easy ride to get into it.

Being as it was late May it was still pretty chilly, a sharp wind whipping past me every so often and sending a chill down my spine. The sun was out which helped, although not a whole lot, and I cuddled up to my girlfriend as we watched the remaining training level tests, pointing out horses we liked or how well someone was performing.

The judges ending up breaking for lunch at 11:40 being as they were running a bit behind, and once the arenas had cleared aside from the 12:00 ride warming up, we decided to head back to the trailer to wait. Atlas was unhappy about being taken away from the sweet grass, the lushness of summer fields already coming in, but he finally obliged, following along behind his humans with a petulant sigh.

Tying the animal back up Narcissa and I took a seat outside the truck to eat our own lunch. We always packed a cooler full of drinks, snacks, and sandwiches when we went showing, including a few apples for Atlas of course.

"Turkey, ham, or peanut butter and jelly?" I asked the other woman, digging through the cooler to figure out what I myself wanted.

"Turkey. Plain chips. Water."

I handed over the requested items before taking my own lunch, both of us tucking into the cold sandwiches and half frozen drinks. At 12 I would take Atlas up to the round pen to lunge and get any excess nerves and energy out before I had to get on his back and I was still planning to be up by 12:15 to warm up.

"You know your test?" Narcissa asked, chewing the last of her sandwhich.

"Would we be here if I didn't?" I chided, smirking as she rolled her eyes at me.

"What kind of score are you hoping for today?"

"Uhh, with it being the first show of the season, but also an easy test, I'd like to get a 65 or higher. I really think we'll pull at least a 70 knowing who the judge is but quite honestly I'll be happy so long as he doesn't buck me over the fence today."

"That sounds very reasonable. He seems pretty relaxed and focused today so I think you'll both do fine. Just don't track the wrong way at C again."

"It was one bloody time! And literally the second time I had ridden the test!"

We both laughed and I let out a groan, annoyed with myself for ever making that mistake and having her present for it to make fun of me for the rest of eternity. I chugged my Coke like it was a shot, wishing that it was, and threw my empty chip bag playfully at Narcissa as I leapt up to start getting ready.

Atlas had one hind leg cocked up as he stood beside the trailer, mindlessly chewing his hay as his ears flicked back and forth robotically. He had traveled in a light scrim sheet and was still sleek and shiny, the only grooming needed being his feet and a touch up on a few braids that had come loose on the long ride up here.

I grabbed my tack from the truck, throwing the glistening white saddle pad over the big gelding's back alongside my equally pristine saddle. I always went a bit overboard cleaning both the animal and the equipment before a show, even for these more low key ones.

Narcissa brought out my jacket and boots as I pulled up the girth, Atlas glaring back at me as he felt the squeeze. I always traveled in my whites for convenience with sweats overtop to keep them clean and so all I had to do when we came back down from the round pen was throw on the jacket, boots, gloves, and hat and I was ready to go.

I led the animal up the hill to the round pen next to the venue's private barn, walking to the middle of it and letting out the slack in the lunge line. Atlas immediately picked up a forward trot, the gelding snorting and shaking his head playfully as he gave me a very nice extended trot even though I hadn't asked for one.

"Alright calm down horse. Why can't you do that when I'm on your back eh?" I complained, watching his movement with an experienced eye, ensuring he was both comfortable and sound for our test today.

However, he was actually pretty calm all things considering. There were no bucks, bunny hops, or stupidity which I was happy about and the gelding settled into work quite nicely, relaxing his poll and blowing.

We returned to the trailer at 12:10, Narcissa putting on Atlas's bridle while I got myself ready and at exactly 12:15 I was ready to head down to the warm up ring. The other woman gave me a leg up onto the big Thoroughbred's back, the animal not waiting for me and already walking off as I was throwing a leg over.

"Alright, alright. Keep your socks on." I muttered, straightening my helmet and getting my seat situated as we power walked down the hill.

"You're going to do great darling. Good luck." Narcissa gave me a grin and a thumbs up, following us down to the ring to hang out and watch.

"Good morning, good morning!" A very cheery woman greeted us at the entrance to the warmup. "Number?"

"111." I stated.

"Awesome. You're after the palomino over there alright? Beautiful boy you've got there! Good luck!"

I thanked the woman and headed into the chaos of the warm up ring. There were 6 other horses in here with us and with everyone trying to do their own thing it got crowded quickly. I tried to find a line and stick to it, simply walking a lap around and allowing Atlas to get comfortable with so many other people and horses around us.

"That's a good boy." I muttered, more for myself than the animal underneath me. My one saving Grace was the lack of trainers inside the ring, unlike schooling shows where they took up half the warm up area for one kid they were all confined to the sidelines lest their people get disqualified.

Picking up a trot I was happily surprised at Atlas's willingness to listen, the gelding relaxing his poll and chewing on the bit as we settled into a nice easy rhythm. The 15 or so minuets went by quickly, giving us just enough time to walk, trot, and canter both directions and get a bit looser while not overtiring the animal or myself.

The palomino was headed down the centerline now and I brought Atlas back down to a walk, taking him over to the fence to hang out and wait our turn. Narcissa offered me my water which I took gratefully, taking a long drink of the icy liquid as Atlas nibbled at her hands for treats.

"Are you being a good boy?" She cooed to the animal, scratching his head, and the gelding blew out a big breath as if to say 'duh'.

The other pair's test went by quickly and before I knew it they were trotting back down the centerline, halting at X to salute the judges for the second time. As the girl dropped her reins and went to pat her horse for doing such a good job, I in turn picked mine up and turned to make my way into the show ring.

Passing the judge's box I told them my number, the pair both wishing me good luck as I turned to walk down the long side of the arena. At E I heard the quiet jingle of the bell behind me, indicating they were ready for me to enter. Urging Atlas into a trot I inhaled a deep breath before letting it back out slowly, turning down the centerline at A as my eyes locked onto the judge's box dead ahead.

'Enter at A, working trot.'

We had a nice, easy pace going and I could feel the swing of Atlas's muscled hindquarters behind me. The horse's ears flicked back and forth, listening to me as well as the noisy atmosphere of the show grounds, his lips already covered in a white foam as he relaxed into the routine.

'Halt at X, Salute, proceed working trot.'

I sat down deep in the saddle, asking for a smooth downward transition which he gave me. We halted cleanly at X, the big gelding automatically fixing his feet to be square and dropping his head as I saluted the judges, receiving a nod to continue. I nudged Atlas onwards, maybe a bit too hard as the gelding released a little huff and his ears shot back, ensuring I knew of his disgruntlement but proceeding nonetheless.

'At C track left, E-X half circle left 10m, returning to track at H.'

We turned deep in the left corner, showing off our ability to bend before going into the 10 meter half circle. Atlas was listening well, yielding his ribs and swinging that fat little ass of his around my inside leg. He knew this test as well as I and automatically changed his bend as we traveled across the short diagonal of the tear drop shape to get back to H, changing directions and getting deep into that corner again.

'B-X, half circle right 10m, returning to track at M.'

We repeated the move on the other rein, a bit stiffer on this side but getting through it well enough. Turning back towards M I encouraged him to change his bend yet again, returning to our original direction as we finished the move and continued on.

'At C, circle left 20m in rising trot, allowing the horse to stretch forward and downward while maintaining contact. Before C, shorten reins and return to working trot.'

I loosened my fingers as we turned onto the first quadrant of the 20 meter circle, allowing Atlas to stretch his neck downwards and take as much of the reins as he was willing. He gave a low snort, enjoying the freedom of his head but still listening to my leg and seat as I directed us around the circle, taking back contact in the last quadrant before we hit the track.

'H-P change rein, lengthen stride in trot. P, working trot.'

I urged the big gelding across the short diagonal, asking for a bit bigger stride as I did so. Atlas got a little excited by the forward momentum, ears shooting forwards as he nearly bounced me out of the saddle, giving a little toe flick with each stride to show off in front of the judges.

As we neared the other end of the arena I caught a glimpse of Narcissa watching from the sidelines videoing our ride. She knew I liked to watch and see how we looked during a test, my official videographer on these adventures.

'A, medium walk.'

I sat deeper in the saddle as I tried to bring him back to a normal trot, the animal quite literally chewing at the bit as he unwillingly slowed his pace. I brought him down to a walk, putting my legs on to encourage him to keep striding forwards despite the downward transition.

'V-R change rein, free walk. R, medium walk.'

Turning back across the diagonal for what felt like the hundredth time in the last five minuets I allowed the reins to slide through my fingers again, the thoroughbred more than happy to drag his head down and open up his stride as he strolled across the ring. At R I took back contact, collecting the walk back to what we had at A and preparing to pick up a trot.

'M, working trot. C, working canter left lead.'

Atlas was ready, feeling me prepping myself and bounding right into the trot without me having to even ask. At C I asked for a canter, quickly having to collect the overly zealous stride and bring it back to something a little more worthy of a dressage test.

'E, circle left 15m.'

He was making me work to keep control of the canter, the horse just wanting to go now that we were moving. The 15 meter circle ended up being a bit hurried and awkward but not horrendous, the animal being forced to slow down and listen as he realized just how small the circle he had to do was.

'F-X-H change rein. X, working trot.'

As soon as we straightened out down the long side Atlas tried to grab the bit again but I held him steady, getting us through the corner and back across the diagonal. I had to get a bit handsy in order to bring him back down to a fast trot, working quickly to steady our tempo between X and H.

'C, working center right lead.'

He was still heavy on the bit but we had to go, the leap into the canter making my seat slip just a little bit. I rammed my inside leg on, half halting like a son of a bitch, just to get some semblance of control over the excited animal.

'B, circle right 15m.'

The circle was hurried and sloppy, this being our bad rein coupled with a too fast pace and making it very awkward. I knew I would pay for that in my score but there wasn't much I could do about it now and so long as our walk, trot work was decent I was still happy.

'A, working trot.'

Atlas dropped back to the trot more easily this time, more uncomfortable on this rein and also finally starting to tire himself out. He let out a loud breath of air, flecks of white foam spraying from his lips onto my boots.

'K-R change rein, lengthen stride in trot. R, working trot.'

Asking for a bigger stride came easily enough, even if we were both a bit tense after the canter debacle. Atlas wasn't quite as keen to show off this time but we still managed a decent extension.

'E, half circle left 10m. X, down centerline. G, halt, salute.'

Finishing our ride I halted right in front of the judge's box, saluting and giving Atlas his head. I patted the big gelding's neck as he let out a snort, turning to leave the arena of his own accord, knowing he was done and that it was treat time.

"You guys looked great out there!" Narcissa greeted us at the entryway.

"Yeah it wasn't bad. Canter could have been better but overall I'm happy with that." I hopped down from the animal's back, giving him a pat on the neck as our little trio returned to the trailer.

I untacked, undressed, and allowed Atlas to get some water and hang out by his hay net while we waited on the scoring, giving him his designated end of ride treat as well. Narcissa and I chatted about mundane frivolities as we retook our seats, afternoon sun beating down on us even if it was still a bit chilly for my liking.

Maybe a half hour later I walked back down to the check in office, finding the scoresheets done for first 1 and the results for first 2 already beginning to come in. Finding my name I scanned it quickly just to see what the overall score was.

69.80. Very nearly a 70 and exactly what I had been hoping to achieve. As I returned to my partner I looked over the notes from the judges, finding nothing I didn't already know, and grinning at Narcissa as I handed over the paper.

"A 69 well done! They really should have just given it to you at that point. I mean it's only .2 off from a 70."

"Ah well, it's whatever. The canter brought us down a little but I'm happy with that for the first show of the year."

"Did you place?"

"Third." I held up the yellow ribbon for her to see.

"I wonder what the first place score was."

"Dunno."

"I just wonder how close the three of you were."

"It was probably that little chestnut Hanoverian. They did really well and I saw the girl with a ribbon, just didn't see what color it was."

"Ah. Well, now you know what to work on for the start of the season and more importantly we can finally go home."

I laughed at her sulky voice. "Oh you love it. You wouldn't come if you didn't.

"Never said I didn't. But we have another 4 hour ride home and I can already smell the biscotti and champagne waiting for us to celebrate."

"Can't argue with that. Let's get out of here."

A/N: Not what I usually write but it was kinda fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267 5 15
A Draco Malfoy story There is some smut in this story, just a warning. I do not own any of the characters, except for my OC.
11.9K 207 31
A collection of Drarry Oneshots I've written and collected over the years *SMUT WARINGING*
205K 760 34
Hey guys this is my first smut and fluff book so it might be a bit cringe. I will list all the warnings in the specific story. Some might smut and so...
576K 11.6K 56
Well, the title says it all.... Here are some snaps into the lives of one of our power couples, Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter! Let me get this straig...