Can't Help It ; Natsu

By mandouyi

[complete] Life was a continuous, repetitive cycle. Things pass, perhaps stopping even a second to wave. Ev... More

1 - Beginning
2 - Photos
3 - Rocks
4 - Angels
5 - Friend
6 - Idiot
7 - Parent
8 - Clueless
9 - Contest
10 - Temptation
11 - Strangest
12 - Progress
13 - Accidents
14 - Afternoon
15 - Choice
16 - Running
17 - Faithful
Surprise! Miss me?
Author's Note
The Time We Spent
I'm Not Suicidal!
Nightmare in My Dreams
Strawberry Jelly Cake
A Wandering Child
Three Loving Words
The Infirmus Heart
Don't Leave Me!
My Other Half-Literally
Date with Him
The S-Class Job
The Fallen Girl
Natsu's Forgotten Presents
Don't Let Me Down
Life's Weird
His Departure is Nearing
Update
You Must Be Joking
A Day Full Of Tears and Grins
Two Weeks And Counting
A Week Left
Nova
Argument
Disbelief
Hospital Recovering Time
Quick Preparations
Fate
Time Together
Trouble-Maker
Hargeon Town
My Favorite- The Ferris Wheel
How About A Family?
Our Sweet Days
Surprise! Like Her?
Rescue Mission!
Lucas's Paper Crane
Well...I Had Drinks with Cana?
Babies Aren't From Stomachs!
This Lady
OH MY LORD
The Child Demands His Baby!
Is Gruvia...A Thing Yet?
The Man Who Laughed
Spying on Juvia and Gray
In Sickness and In Health
Who...Will You Choose?
PLEASE READ
Rin- And Rin
Names
Who Eats and Who Refuses
Dragon Breath
Zoos and Peacocks
Purpura
Hey...I Know You!
The Dusted Cobalt Sky
The Way Back Home
Him- Sick
The Feeling, Dreaded
Worst of Me
Not Actually Serious?
Jealousy and Rage
With My Emotions- Disappear
Our Mixed Relationship- Confusion
Something- Familiar?
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Unresolved Problems- The Woman
Rin- Prophecy Child
Consumed- Darkly Matters
As A Team- Together
An Unsteady Feeling- Lost
The One- You?!
My Thoughts- Unfortunate
Half Murderess, Half Daughter
Christmas Special
Silhouettes Against The Wall
Ignis
I Left You
Power Duo
𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

It's Not Personal, She Says

6.4K 272 561
By mandouyi

Thank you thank you so much, everyone!! You really helped me with my writer's block :D

All the comments were very helpful and interesting! <3

Here's the first QnA sorta thing! Since I didn't have time to write another chappy on this scenario. Thank you~

*hands Natsu, (Y/N), and Lucas skittles and starbursts*

"It's sorta...round?" Natsu picks up the skittle, looking at it, while (Y/N) has already put hers in her mouth. Her eyes widen as she tastes the candy.

Lucas bites half off, before stuffing it in his mouth. "Papa! It's really good!" He said, his eyes wide.

Natsu shrugs. "Well it's food!" He eats his small yellow skittle. After a while, he holds his hands out, while laughing. "Can I have some more?"

Lucas pouts. "No fair! Lucas wants more, too!" He stared up with his big eyes. "Please?"

Lucas couldn't wait as he hurriedly unwrapped his starburst. He popped it into his mouth, not realizing it still had some paper stuck to it.

He took it out of his mouth. "Mama, I ate tree!" He said, almost getting tears in his eyes. "What if I start eating it forever?!" He asks, panicked.

(Y/N) immediately rushes to calm him down while Natsu grins and unwraps the candy. "It's red," he says with approval.

(Y/N)'s chewing on hers. "It sticks to my teeth..." She said, using her tongue to try and get it off. "You just gotta gulp it all down." Natsu says, making her eyes go wide.

"You pervert." (Y/N) is turning red, and isn't looking at Natsu anymore. She covers her pink cheeks with her palms as if trying to deny the fact she is blushing.

•End of scenario/sort of QnA

•Back to the main story

___

"Hold on." Your eyes wide as you looked at Natsu. "You were joking about Yuki?"

"She's really just a friend's dog who wanted us to take care of it while she was away." He said, his hand up. "Don't kill me."

You sighed, looking away in disappointment. "I'm not going to kill you. I'm not sure if we have enough time to take care of one anyway." You said.

"Does Lucas know?" You asked.

Natsu looked away.

"No."

You laughed. "Good luck explaining it to him!" You called out to him as you both headed your separate ways.

You to go get the groceries, and Natsu to go on a job.

___

"(Y/N)." You heard a voice, causing you to turn around.

"...Lucy?"

She smirked as you spoke her name, her blond hair shining in the brightness of the sun.

No matter how much you tried to like Lucy after she said her apology, it just didn't seem possible to you.

"What is it?" You asked, your grocery bags in your hands. She approached you. "Getting food for Natsu?"

"And Lucas." You said.

Her eyes narrowed ever-so-slightly. "Ah of course. Lucas."

"Do you always leave your child at home with your Exceeds?" She asked.

Your eyes widened. 'How did she know I leave Lucas with Plume and Happy?'

"No." You cautiously said.

"You should really consider keeping Natsu at home." She practically purred his name.

'Yeah. Away from you.'

"Um, right. Okay." You said.

Lucy blocked your way, as she moved herself. "Or else something might happen to the precious child."

Now your eyes narrowed. "What do you mean...?"

She innocently looked at you. "I mean...Natsu has no time to check on that little monster, since he's on a job, and-"

'Lucas...is not a little monster.'

"Did you do something, Lucy?" You asked, your palms starting to sweat. She raised her head, her sparkling brown eyes staring back at you.

"Did I?" She simply asked.

You dropped your groceries, and ran home in a panic.

___

"Lucas! Lucas, I-!" You flung open the door, not caring that it hit the wall with a bam.

"Lucas...where are you? Plume? Happy!" You called, in a panic. Adrenaline coursed through you as your eyes fell on the messy apartment.

"What..?" You started feeling faint at the bright red liquid splattered over the walls. It was only a tiny bit, but the thought of it being Lucas's was terrifying.

'Keep it together, (Y/N).'

You knew Lucas only wanted to be a normal child. You only wanted him to live a normal life. And that certainly didn't mean one in which he gets kidnapped in.

You turned around to rush out of the apartment, when a figure stood in your way.

"Lucy...where is he?" You dangerously asked, your fists clenched and and you felt prickling sensations down your spine.

The temperature seemed to heat up almost instantly as you faced her. She shrugged.

"Hey...something like this happened before too, right?" She asked with a carefree smile.

"Ne...didn't you ever wonder how Shigure knew Lucas was your child?" She asked again.

'Oh..my...good god.'

"You didn't." You said.

"I even gave you the whole speech about soulmates, (Y/N)."

"Oh, c'mon, Lucy." You said, frustrated. "We're goddamn married."

She pouted a little. "Doesn't mean my wishes can't come true." You just tiredly closed your eyes briefly.

"Can you just take me to him?"

Your eyes reopened and looked straight into Lucy's eyes. "I have no idea where he is." She said.

"You'd better be joking." You said, your eyes narrowed. Lucy smiled slyly. "Maybe?"

___

"He's here?" You asked Lucy. She shrugged. "This is where I think he would be." She walked towards the small building. You entered in with her.

No longer then when you stepped foot into the structure, men jumped out from behind the pillars.

"Welcome home....Master."

Your eyes widened as you realized they were adressing Lucy. You turned to her, your eyes wide. "You...!?"

"Oh don't get your panties in a twist." She said. "Only for this operation am I the master mind."

You doubled back. "What!"

She smirked. "How else could I get you to come here? Seriously...you're so gullible."

"So you do have Lucas." You said, taking a guess. She smiled icily. "More or less."

"But enough talk. I'm glad I could get you away from all those innocent bystanders."

You looked at her strangely.

"Guys..."

'Oh you have got to be kidding me.' You stared at the men behind her. All the people from Nova. But even so...

Their numbers have seemed to decrease nicely. An advantage for you.

Lucy spoke up softly. "Please discard this trash for me."

You clenched your teeth. 'Lucy...!'

You stood towards them, your eyes glittering from the small slit of sunlight from the window. Small purple flames flickered at your fingertips.

_Skip Battle Period Because I Just Can't_

"Ugh..." You lay, sprawled on the ground. Out of what seemed like sixteen people...there were still seven that refused to go down.

And as much as you would like to refuse to stop, you knew your limits. And you knew when to stop.

You just looked up at Lucy, who was looking down at you. She didn't hold any emotion in her face. "It's not personal, (Y/N)..." She started.

"It's just for love."

And at her words, your vision turned dark, and your head hurt with immense pain.

Meanwhile your brain was in a dreamlike state, you recalled one moment you spent with Gray. After you both had left the library.

Away from the photo girl-

"Hey, (Y/N)?" Gray sat next to you on a bench, as you were trying to recover at least a bit of your breath from running.

"Yeah?"

"What are we now?"

You stopped at his words. "We're friends, aren't we? We're nakama. You're my best friend."

He looked at you. "That's slightly cheesy. And a bit too girly for me." He gagged. You slapped his head. "Oh shut up. You love me."

Then, after realizing what you said, an awkward silence fell over the two of you.

"...sorry." You mumbled.

"Don't be." Gray scratched his head awkwardly. "Should we get going now?" You reached out, and pat his head.

"I just want us to b-"

"Friends?" Gray interrupted. "Yeah. I know. It's not like I can just steal away a married lady."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 1.4K 14
The whirlwind love story of Erza Scarlet P.S. I don't own Fairy Tail or it's characters, I only own this story line concept.
744K 22.8K 27
This story is for all those Gray Fans! Put your hands in the air if you like Boys who strips without noticing, has ice magic, and has a kind heart? W...
6.7K 380 33
❝You don't realize how much you love a person until you are at risk of losing them.❞ ────in which a single night changes Natsu Dragneel's life with...
216K 4.5K 34
Natsu is your typical hormonal teenage boy in high school. He's the schools bad boy and heartthrob but he's also a heartbreaker and a sex addict. But...