If Only I Could

By isaidgaywrites

"It's you that I hold on to." More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
20
21
22
re: finals
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE
30
31
Hear, hear!
32
33
34
35
Epilogue
IF ONLY I COULD

2

28.5K 390 22
By isaidgaywrites

As soon as Dennise got home, the only thing she did was to stare at her phone. She has been waiting for Alyssa's calls or messages and since she did not want to miss any of it, she's been on watch but so far, there was none.

She pushed off the thought that Alyssa was not that interested in her as how interested Dennise is to Alyssa. Instead, she remained hopeful that in every time her phone lit up, it was Alyssa.

She was wrong. She waited for two days and yet, she got nothing from Alyssa. She berated herself for not acquiring Alyssa's number as she was too confident that Alyssa would call her right away.

She thought of looking for her in Alyssa's condo but her ego was getting in her way. She believed that if Alyssa wanted to be with her, she would.

"Hay nako, Dennise Michelle Lazaro." Ella, her friend who was also in the same medical school, sighed loudly. She was getting tired and impatient of Den's occasional glances on her phone. "Sino ba kasi ang hinihintay mo jan?"

"Wala," Dennise placed her phone back on the table and did her best to focus on the book she has to read. Not long after, she found herself staring at her phone again which really frustrated her.

She slumped to her chair while taking a sip of her frappe. It was Tuesday afternoon and they decided to hang out in a coffee shop to relax themselves after their hellish last class. She was starting to drift off when Ella accidentally elbowed her head.

"O-ooops! Sorry, Den."

Den glared at her... then at those two people who just entered the shop and occupied the table not too far away behind Ella. Her eyes widened when she realized it was Alyssa. She wanted to run to her, ask her why she never tried to reach for her but maybe, she did not really care for her after all.

Besides, Alyssa has a company. A girl. Maybe her new girlfriend.

"Besh... let's go," Den whispered to her friend then she gathered all her things. She almost spilled the half-full glass of coffee on her laptop as her hands were trembling. "H-headache..."

"Hala, I am sorry! Di ko sinasadya, Besh."

"No. Masakit lang talaga ang ulo ko... Let's go." Dennise quickly grabbed her bag and ran out of the shop. She fished for her key while Ella was lagging behind. She saw Ella enter her own car and drove next to Den. "I am fine. Go na. Bye!"

"You're weird, Denden." Ella remarked and poke her head out of her window. Dennise kissed her friend's cheek. "Seryoso, Den. Call me once you're home."

"I will, Ells." Den answered and smiled at her friend. She still was not feeling any better but she had to make Ella believe her. She watched her friend drive away while she resumed looking for her car key. "Bwisit. Nasaan na!"

Finally, she had her key in her hand but before she could open her car door, a voice was heard. "Dennise?"

Looking at the person who called her name, she answered. "Yeah... Hey, Alyssa."

"I had to make sure it was you... Aren't you with someone? Your friend? Ba't umalis agad kayo?"

"Oh... that... nagkayayaan na kasing umuwi. Ikaw? You have a date, perhaps."

Dennise was disappointed. It was so evident in her shaky voice and anxious smile. "I'll go now."

"Wait. Hmm, actually... I lost my phone so... I did not get the chance to uhm... contact you. Tsaka kakarating ko lang kasi from an out of town work so..."

"Why are you explaining?" Den raised an eyebrow while still putting on the brave face. "And should you not be inside?"

"Den, it was on my plan to see you in your unit as soon as I got back but-"

"You have a date so yeah, that explains things."

"Dennise naman eh," Alyssa pouted as she caught Den's hand. "I am saying the truth. To make the long story short, sa kaibigan ko talaga kasi 'yung kasama ko ngayon but because of some circumstances, pinalitan ko siya upon her request. And so I am here."

"So pinagpapasahan niyo lang ang mga babae niyo?!"

"Maka-mga ka naman, Den. It was not my idea, okay?"

"Ly." Another voice broke the conversation of the two. "Anything wrong here?"

"Wala... Wala naman, Gail. Sorry, it took me a while. I just saw my friend here, Dennise, and I thought I should catch up or something so uhm... please, mauna ka na sa loob. Just order anything. I'll be back soon."

"Sure," the girl ran her fingers on Alyssa's back which almost tickled the latter. "Make it quick, ha?"

Alyssa nodded and as soon as Gail was no longer near them, she returned her full attention to Dennise. "I am saying the truth, Den. Dito ka lang. Don't go. I'll be back in a bit."

Alyssa ran inside the shop again and from the outside, she could be seen saying sorry to her date who was obviously annoyed at the sudden turn of events. Den could see Alyssa really trying to explain why she had to leave soon and then... they kissed. Few heads turn to them. Dennise got herself inside her car but she lost her strength drive it.

Soon, someone jumped in also and reached for Den's hand on the wheel.

"Come on, don't be mad."

"Ba't ka pa nandito?!"

"Because you waited, Dennise which means you also want me here. I am sorry... pero hindi ako aalis dito hangga't hindi tayo magiging okay."

"Are you sure that was your first date?!"

"With Gail? Y-yeah..." Alyssa pondered on why Den was so mad until she remembered how Gail intiated the kiss for compensation. "Teka! You got it wrong! Den naman eh. She kissed me."

"Hah! Kaya pala you looked like you enjoyed it! I am sorry but if she is only a casual date then I wonder how you are to your girlfriends!"

"Are you jealous?" Alyssa just had to ask as Den was really mad at her. This made Alyssa smile to herself, knowing that Den was acting like this over a girl. She suddenly came up with an idea- tease Dennise more. "For the record, I only did usual stuff with my three ex-girlfriends."

"Usual stuff?!" Dennise darted her a sharp look while she jerked her hand away from Alyssa's grip. "What usual stuff?!"

"Oh, you don't want to know..." Alyssa grinned again because Den was really being too adorable. "Let's drop it. I swear, you don't want to know."

"Bullshit," Dennise clicked her tongue as she leaned over Alyssa to lock her lips with her. This stunned Alyssa as the last thing she expected was an ardent make out session with Dennise.

They were getting on it as Den was already pinning Alyssa against her seat when it was the latter who decided to pace down the kissing a bit. "Den, wait..."

"What?!" Den impatiently groaned. She pulled herself back to her seat, realizing what just happened. Alyssa's perfume seemed to have stuck on her due to the contact.

"Here," Alyssa, this time, took Den's face between her palms and started to kiss her lips gently and softly before placing her forehead against the latter. "No need to rush, Dennise. Let's take things slow. I have all the time in the world to know you better... I want to know you more."

Pecking on Den's nose tip, Alyssa showed her those cute dimples. Den, on the other hand, instantly melted. She lowered her gaze, humiliated on how she acted a while ago. "I am sorry..."

"No, I am sorry. I don't mean to play with you feelings, Dennise. It is just that I don't want to rush things because... after Laura... wala nang nagtagal." There was sadness in her voice upon the mention of her first love. "So please, let me know you better."

They sealed it with an affectionate kiss and each second that passes them makes them wish to stay with each other more.

As a part of the getting-to-know agenda, Alyssa reintroduced herself by bringing Dennise in one of her cafés in UP Town Center which surprised the latter as it never occurred to her that Alyssa is a successful entrepreneur. And even more surprised when she learned that Alyssa's family owns a lot bigger scaled businesses. This made Dennise admire Alyssa more as never once she bragged about it- there was even modesty when Alyssa told her about it. And just the way she carries herself suggests humility in her.

"You liked it?" Alyssa asked, motioning at the souffle she specifically prepared for Dennise.

"Yeah. I didn't know you could bake. Teka, you also do the baking here?"

"No, silly. Edi wala na akong natirang time. I just manage... together with my friends." She smiled and was just contented to just watching Dennise' face. "You're beautiful."

"W-why, thank you."

"Really, you're beautiful..." Alyssa repeated and her eyes showed nothing else but affection and sincerity.

"Oo na, Ly. Ikaw rin if that's what you want me to say," Den let out a sardonic laugh but in reality, she just did not have the slightest idea on how she could hide her blushing cheeks. "Ano ba... stop staring."

"As you wish," Alyssa propped an elbow against the table and rested her chin on her palm. She looked to her left and noticed a girl smiling at her. She did smile back.

"Nakakaasar ka na!" Den suddenly blurted, hitting Alyssa on the forearm. The other one recoiled as she rubbed the reddened area. "Why are you smiling? At her?!"

"Huh? She smiled first, of course I'd smile back."

"Yan ka na naman! If someone kisses you, you kiss back?! Are you that generous?"

Alyssa scooted next to Dennise, pulling the other in a side hug. Nibbling on her ear a bit, she whispered. "Selosa..."

"I hate you," Den elbowed Alyssa before giving the latter a quick kiss on the cheek. "Well, I am glad we are really getting to know each other."

After visiting one of the many branches of Ly's cafés, Dennise asked Alyssa to let the time pass by in QC circle as Alyssa confided that she never had set her feet on there.

"Welcome to QC Circle!" Den giggled, letting the tip of her ice cream touch Alyssa's cheek before smiling innocently at the latter. "Really, first time. Huh?"

"Uh... but I am starting to love this place," Alyssa nodded at the colorful fountains in front of them. She settled on a bench and beckoned Dennise to follow her. She found Den's shoulder and rested her head on it. Taking Den's hand in hers, she brought it to her lips, kissing each of her fingers. "Den?"

"Yes?"

"Okay lang ba sa'yo 'to?"

"Ang?"

"Whatever this is," Alyssa leveled her gaze to the person on her right. "I mean... just be honest with me, please."

"You mean... this?" Den did not waste any second as she sealed Alyssa's lips. The other one responded gently, the kiss full of affection and tenderness it flooded both of their chests with overwhelming feelings.

"Yes... that," Alyssa nuzzled her nose to Den's ear, tickling her a bit. "Baka kasi... you know how it is still a taboo to most of the people and..."

"To be honest, Ly... I know it is wrong and that I might just confused since reality speaking, ilang araw pa lang tayong magkakilala and yet, ganito na but I want you to know that for the first time, I am sure of something- I want to spend more days with you. Is that wrong?"

"No, I guess... but I just don't want to get you in an uncomfortable predicament."

Dennise lowered her gaze and was seemed to be shaken up a bit. Alyssa was right- she has never thought of the consequences of this affair, if you can call it one. What will her family say? Her friends? The people around her?

"I am sorry, Den... If you need to sort things out first, I'll let you have your time."

"Alyssa," Den mumbled while looking straight to Alyssa's eyes. The moment Alyssa smiled at her, she knew of the answer she never found in anyone. Den could not make out her words so to make up for it, she just hugged Alyssa, letting her feel how she could make Dennise feel the happiest.

"Thank you." Alyssa kissed Den's forehead before they resumed watching the colorful fountain show. "It is just really wonderful that the incident in the bar happened tapos ako pa 'yung nahila mo."

"Where were you when life was a bore?"

This question made Alyssa think. Where was she? She was with Laura, in love and happy. Or she was sulking in the corner, doing her best in letting the love of her life go. Before Dennise came, she was anywhere. Anywhere that had something to do with Laura.

Laura.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 225 19
[COMPLETED] "i'm letting you go now, my darling."
953 75 11
"It's not always cheating that breaks relationship"
42.7K 610 65
'Its you ,its always been you'
61 15 8
"Remember what I said, I won't let go of your hand, I promise you."