Can't Help It ; Natsu

By mandouyi

[complete] Life was a continuous, repetitive cycle. Things pass, perhaps stopping even a second to wave. Ev... More

1 - Beginning
2 - Photos
3 - Rocks
4 - Angels
5 - Friend
6 - Idiot
7 - Parent
8 - Clueless
9 - Contest
10 - Temptation
11 - Strangest
12 - Progress
13 - Accidents
14 - Afternoon
15 - Choice
16 - Running
17 - Faithful
Surprise! Miss me?
Author's Note
The Time We Spent
I'm Not Suicidal!
Nightmare in My Dreams
Strawberry Jelly Cake
A Wandering Child
Three Loving Words
The Infirmus Heart
Don't Leave Me!
My Other Half-Literally
Date with Him
The S-Class Job
The Fallen Girl
Natsu's Forgotten Presents
Don't Let Me Down
Life's Weird
His Departure is Nearing
Update
You Must Be Joking
A Day Full Of Tears and Grins
Two Weeks And Counting
A Week Left
Nova
Argument
Disbelief
Quick Preparations
Fate
Time Together
Trouble-Maker
Hargeon Town
My Favorite- The Ferris Wheel
How About A Family?
Our Sweet Days
Surprise! Like Her?
It's Not Personal, She Says
Rescue Mission!
Lucas's Paper Crane
Well...I Had Drinks with Cana?
Babies Aren't From Stomachs!
This Lady
OH MY LORD
The Child Demands His Baby!
Is Gruvia...A Thing Yet?
The Man Who Laughed
Spying on Juvia and Gray
In Sickness and In Health
Who...Will You Choose?
PLEASE READ
Rin- And Rin
Names
Who Eats and Who Refuses
Dragon Breath
Zoos and Peacocks
Purpura
Hey...I Know You!
The Dusted Cobalt Sky
The Way Back Home
Him- Sick
The Feeling, Dreaded
Worst of Me
Not Actually Serious?
Jealousy and Rage
With My Emotions- Disappear
Our Mixed Relationship- Confusion
Something- Familiar?
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Unresolved Problems- The Woman
Rin- Prophecy Child
Consumed- Darkly Matters
As A Team- Together
An Unsteady Feeling- Lost
The One- You?!
My Thoughts- Unfortunate
Half Murderess, Half Daughter
Christmas Special
Silhouettes Against The Wall
Ignis
I Left You
Power Duo
𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

Hospital Recovering Time

7.5K 371 369
By mandouyi

You paled. "W-what?"

Gray watched you with cautious eyes. "Are you going to scream? If you are- warn me to cover my ears."

"I-" You stopped. "I'm sorry, I don't-"

Gray took one look at you before bursting out laughing. "Don't look so stressed out! It's not like I expected you to leave your fiancé for me."

You swat his arm.

His laughter died down. He looked at you calmly. "But about what I said before...I really did."

"If I confessed way earlier...do you think I would've gotten a chance?"

You hesitated, still shocked by his sudden confession. "No. I think I was already in-love with Natsu the first time I saw him."

Gray's expression didn't change. "I thought so." He said softly, smiling. "I always thought you had a thing for him way early on."

"Really? How?"

"The way you acted, I guess. You didn't really have that one expression around anyone else."

You turned slightly pink.

___

After Gray sent out word that you were awake, your numbers of visitors increased.

Mirajane was the first to arrive. She fell into the room, breathing heavily from running. "I'm...here..." She panted.

Gray sighed. "See you, (Y/N)."

You watch him leave his seat. "You're not staying?" You ask him with a tilt of your head.

"Nah, I've got more things to do." Gray lifted his hand up. "Bye." You waved at him in response as he left the room.

"Thank goodness you woke up." Mira stumbled to the bed, giving you a giant hug.

"M-Mira?"

She hugged you tighter. "I heard you fell out of your window. How?!" She shook you back and forth furiously.

"I-I slipped." You sheepishly give her a smile.

She whacks your head.

"Ow!"

"You had us really worried." She said, quietly.

"H-hey, it's okay..." You said, chuckling nervously. You stopped talking when you saw her tear-filled eyes.

"W-we thought you were...going to die." She hiccuped, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Psh, if I can't survive about a five-story fall, then I'm not fit to be a mage at all." You laughed.

She smiled at you. "You're rea-"

The door flew open, interrupting the quiet atmosphere.

You watched as a blue-haired girl flew into the room, and dived onto your bed. "(Y/N)!"

Your hands flew up in surprise. "Wendy?" You chorused together with Mirajane. Wrapping your arms around her, you hugged her tightly.

She didn't speak a word to you. She just hugged you tightly. Soon, a blue, black and two white cats walked into the room, bickering loudly. 

Finally, Wendy let go. "Plume." You reached out for your female companion. She was hovering at the edge of your bed.

"Don't do-" She started to scold you, but was cut off as you grabbed her, and pulled her into a hug.

"I missed you." You whispered.

Soon, you heard a stifled whimper. And another one. And you heard crying. You lifted Plume up.

Her tears were dripping onto your white covers uncontrollably. She tried to wipe them away, only causing more to fall.

"Aiya!" She cried in surprise as the other cats climbed the bed, and tackled her into a hug.

"Carla...Happy, Pantherlily..." You watched their embrace. "Thanks for taking care of Plume." You lowered your head slightly into a bow, thanking them.

"Ha. It was nothing." Pantherlily said modestly.

"(Y/N)!" You heard shrieks, almost causing you to go deaf. "Ah..who?" You turned to face the door.

There, stood the water mage- and the pirate. Juvia and Liz. They approached the bed quickly. "What happened?!" Liz demanded. "Who hurt you? I'll kill him or her!"

Juvia nodded at Liz. "Juvia will help!" She agreed.

You watched them with a warm feeling. "Oh, guys." You laugh, pulling them into a hug.

___

The hospital's nurse stopped by, telling everyone to quiet down. After you had insisted you were fine, you finally got everyone to leave.

Now that the chatter was gone, the hospital suddenly seemed a lot quieter. 'Visiting hours should be over by now...'

You looked out the window, the large sakura tree branch scraping it as the breeze shook the flowers.

'I guess I am a bit disappointed that Natsu and Lucas didn't come with everyone else.'

'Maybe they didn't hear? Or maybe they didn't know?'

You heard a rattling sound on the window. You peered outside, slightly alarmed when your eyes fell on a squished face against the window.

"Natsu?" You whisper, hopefully loud enough for him to hear. He nodded furiously, and gestured for you to open the window.

You didn't have to move, as the bed was right next to the window. You opened it, and watched Natsu slip inside.

"What are you doing?" You look at him with amusement. "Hospitals smell like dead people." Natsu admitted.

"Oh...okay."

'Because that explains everything.'

"I was taking Lucas playing. I didn't hear until now when I was talking to Gray." He explained. "Sorry for waiting."

"It's okay." You shrug, still slightly mad at him. The bracelet on your hand jingled as you shrugged.

You looked down, remembering his present for you. "Thanks..." You said, suddenly shy.

He looked at you, confused. "For what?"

You lifted up your hand, and he immediately recognized it. "Do you like it?" He asked, still crouching on the window ledge.

You studied the bracelet as it hung from your wrist. The small chain was shining from the soft moonlight, and the small gem planted in the front was glistening.

"I like it." You simply said, smiling up at him. "You like simple things?" Natsu asked.

"Simple is good." You agreed.

The unusual quietness of the conversation frustrated you.

"About you and Gray-"

"Umm, Lucy-"

You both had started talking. You looked at Natsu, who was grinning. "Go ahead."

"No, you go ahead." You said, a small smile on your face.

"Okay, fine." He sighed. "I guess I over-reacted over a tiny hug."

You raised your eyebrow, still waiting. The smile never left your lips. Natsu sighed, after a few more seconds.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry."

You pat his head. "Now was that so hard?"

He waited for you to start.

"About Lucy..." You hesitated. "Explain to me. Now."

And so he started talking.

___

"...And then you caught us." He finished.

You looked him over. He was still crouching, his gaze confident as he stared at you.

'So Natsu...and Lucy...she was kissing  the side of his mouth. But he apparently pushed her away. And that other time when they were whispering...it was about his proposal?'

You looked up at him, and opened your mouth to speak, when he cut you off. "I'm not asking for you to believe me." He said, causing you to raise an eyebrow.

"I'm just asking to tell the truth."

You sucked in your breath before letting it out slowly. "So Lucy..."

"Can we just forget about her?" He asked, leaning forward. You, surprised, didn't pull away.

He was just inches away. His lips were practically begging for it. You leaned in, as he did too...

And you met his lips in a soft kiss.

"Are you excited? The wedding is in a few weeks. We've got everything sorted out. Why not move it up a few weeks?" Natsu suggested, giving you another kiss.

You didn't respond, just kissed him longingly.

'I can't wait.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 273 25
Lucy,a girl in-love secretly for one person and one person only,Natsu Dragneel. One thing is,Natsu already has someone or is it?he has his childhood...
217K 4.5K 34
Natsu is your typical hormonal teenage boy in high school. He's the schools bad boy and heartthrob but he's also a heartbreaker and a sex addict. But...
745K 22.8K 27
This story is for all those Gray Fans! Put your hands in the air if you like Boys who strips without noticing, has ice magic, and has a kind heart? W...
28.6K 784 19
"ITS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU LUCY!" "Everytime you see him you blush! But everytime you see me im just a flame brain friend that will never get chance on...