quicksand (Dazai X Reader)

By navybluefeeling

Living life on automatic has always been comforting, until, the thread snaps, and you break the glass. Don't... More

author's note
thread
goodbye
clouds
room
action
bitting
one
silent
last one
red
deal
envy
meeting
welcome
question
control
spinning
stray dog
poor boy
poor girl
scotch
punch
bathroom floor
wine
target practice
hat
friends
fight
fall from grace
hello kitty cups
plan
reunion
stage play
tension
are you ready for it
war
rascal
serpent
destruction
aftermath
date
almost
told you so
in another life
grown up
bullet
confused
bicycle
battle
kiss
Selfish Whim
unravel
sacrifice
awoken
negotiation
ice cold
distance
little island
park bench
troublesome
people watching
conversations
pouring words
first act: horror
second act: drama
punishment
guilt
last act: western thrill
special: it happened at last
deal with the devil
fine line
tantrum
glue trap
iron and sulfur
Switzerland
stupid idea
crashing waves
divine punishment
carrie
anger
confession
freeze
trip
trip: the musical
parents
debris
ophelia
white walls
texarcana
ignoring a ticking time bomb
breaking
glass shard
dada
underworld
38
13
human will
sacrifices must be made
they're playing our song
I wish I never kissed you in my living room
nothing lasts forever
epilogue

incident

98 8 0
By navybluefeeling

We were walking back to my apartment. We decided to not take a cab since we were kind of tipsy and the fresh night air might help us process everything that just happened.

"I liked this date" I whispered as we both dragged our feet through the silent streets of the city, it was like 2 in the morning more or less.

"We both ended up crying, I ended up paying more than both of our apartment costs together and we are walking home, looking defeated" Dazai answered me in a sarcastic tone.

"Sounds like a good night to me, plus, I was not the one that threw the expensive looking plates right on the floor" I answered back pointing fingers at him and he scoffed.

"I didn't see you complaining while being on top of the table..." He said smirking at me and I blushed and looked away.

"That's not the point..." I whispered back in defeat. He threw his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer, giving me a kiss on the top of my head.

"What are we going to do for our third date?" He asked no one in particular and tapped his chin in deep thought.

"We could both plan something, then we decide whose plan was better" I said with a smile on my face, my eyes closing. I was so tired I could just lay in the middle of the sidewalk and sleep.

He stopped suddenly, which made me open my eyes and look up to him. He had a wild look on his eyes and a smirk on his face.

"You really want to compete with me?" He said with excitement in his voice, eyes gleaming in the streetlight. I let out a yawn.

"I will fucking destroy you, nothing will be left of you. Your pride? Ripped to shreds after I am done with you" I said in a monotone voice as I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

"Why you always tease me like that" He said jokingly and I let out a small laugh in response.

I was walking with my eyes closed, trusting Dazai to lead us back home, I was literally following him blindly, he kept his arm around me the whole time, making sure I was still conscious, at least half.

"This is not working" I heard him whisper and felt him put his arm in the back of my knees pulling me up so he was carrying me. I felt like a child but let it happen, I snuggled in his chest and whispered a low "sorry" while my consciousness faded away being rocked by the movement of him walking us home.

"Hey wake up, we are here" He whispered and I just hummed in response and wrapped my hands around his neck tight snuggling into him, and he chuckled a little and said something I could not hear.

The next morning I was in my bed with the same dress I had on last night but my make up was gone, the hair clip on my nightstand next to a glass of water and some aspirins, which I desperately needed. I called out the stupid but genius detective's name but got no answer, so I got up and searched for him inside the apartment but got disapointed by the loud silence of the void of emptiness.

「Good morning my beautiful Lilith, as I promised I did not stay in your apartment, I left as soon as I put you in bed and took your makeup off. Who would have thought glitter gets everywhere and is very hard to take off. Anyways, I have Agency work with Atsushi so I will be kind of busy today, enjoy the chilaquiles

Yours truly, Lucifer . 」

A smile plastered on my face as I finished reading the note he had left on the fridge, looking for the damn chilaquiles he had mentioned but I could not find them anywhere, and then my doorbell rang.

The delivery boy handed me the food and said goodbye. Dazai is very scary, calculating when I am going to wake up and everything, but I am grateful for some food when I am hungover so I will let it pass. Memories of yesterday's events running through my mind, making me feel a hurricane of emotions.

"I can't believe I cried in front of him, then almost fucked him in a restaurant table, then made him cry...I am just speechless" I whispered to myself.

"Can't believe it either, it was quite the rollercoaster" Lilith whispered in my mind and I laughed.

•••

The week has been normal for both the paramours. Dazai and the young woman were back to their usual dynamic, bothering each other and then getting back at one another. Everyone in the Agency was done with them, because their pranks have escalated a little too far, now that they have both acknowledged they are a little unhinged.

Example number one: the little demon lady trained a chicken overnight to chase Dazai and attack him, but somehow the chicken also attacked Kunikida which made him mad and yelled at her for about an hour.

Example number two: Dazai started to add salt on his pretty eyes coffee when she wasn't looking, but since her desk is beside Kunikida's so he also started pouring salt on his drink, and also hot sauce so he got beat up for that.

Right now she was bored in a coffee shop near the Agency doing Dazai's reports on some case, because Kunikida had temporarily banned her from the office because she had been "misbehaving" and distracting Atsushi and Kenji, which she didn't think was true, she was just teaching them how to hide razor blades on their hair.

She stared at the distance with a troubling thought bouncing inside her head. The little lion man had not been answering texts or calls since the last time they talked, and it had been at least a week since that, a worried expression was on her face as she was fearing the worst.

'What if he had been caught?' she thought to herself.

'Then he must be getting tortured' Hecate said in an almost accusing tone.

'He said he would handle it' She answered to the entity living in her head.

'He meant he was going to accept whatever punishment was bestowed upon him, both of you have been careless' Hecate said firmly.

'I have Kunikida to nag me thank you' She answered in an annoyed tone.

She ended the conversation in her head recalling what Dazai had said about the situation.

"He probably is on some mission or out of the country, relax" was all that the browned hair detective said to her when she expressed her worry about the lack of communication with his secret friend.

She stared quietly at the people passing by outside the little coffee shop without knowing the small chaos that was going on around the Agency.

Back in the office panic was breaking loose since a bloodied Dazai walked into the door holding his stomach and chest, red staining the light colored floor.

"Hey everyone, I got a little sloppy!" He announced to the scared faces looking at him.

Kunikida stood up quickly and help his idiotic partner stand while yelling at Atsushi to call for Yosano, and walking towards the infirmary where he laid the bleeding man down on a bed.

"She is not picking up" Atsushi said with his voice trembling, the image of a bloodied Dazai was not something his mind could comprehend, since the suicidal maniac was invincible in his eyes, always knew what to do, always came out victurious, with not a single scratch unless it was self made...

"Dazai-san, did-" the tiger boy started to talk in a low tone, almost unhearable.

"Ah, who could have thought that such a nice school girl had a pretty big knife in her purse? Honestly I was shocked, what are they teaching them in school these days! Good thing I stopped her before she butchered her friend hahaa" The sand, now red, colored trench coated man said in a humorous tone, trying to calm his new protegeés nerves.

Kunikida grabbed some gauze and the stitching set they had for emergency, he started to move the clothes away to take a good look at the wound and see if he could stitch it up, but his hands were slapped away by Dazai, who had an angry expression on his face.

"What the fuck are you doing? I'll wait for Yosano" Dazai said in a bitter tone, a weird color of anger and coldness in his eyes, and Kunikida furrowed his eyebrows.

"We don't have time for that, you are losing blood and the wound could get infected, I will treat it, so just let me freaking help you, you idiot!" He yelled at his coworker, Kunikida didn't like Dazai that much as a person, but he respected him as a detective and a member of the Agency, he will do anything to help him when in need.

"Get the fuck out, no one fucking touch me" Dazai said, wrapping his bloodied coat around him to cover up his wounds and falling bandages, in fear his skin would show and he would receive the pity looks he usually does.

He did let Yosano see, she knew what was behind the bandages without even looking, she never gave him her pity, he prefered her disapproving looks, the anger and disgust in her eyes, but if Atsushi or Kunikida saw what was behind the bandages, their perception of him might change and he does not want to risk it.

"Bring her, she can patch me up, everyone else get out" the usually immature detective said in a serious tone.

"But she's not-" Atsushi started to talk

"Atsushi, get her here right now" Kunikida said while standing up and leaving the room pushing the young albino man out too, closing the door behind them both.

So Atsushi ran, following the particular scent of the young woman that helped him cook and clean sometimes. He was led to a small coffee shop where she was at a small table outside of the store.

"Oh hey, what is goin-" She was cut off by the weretiger picking her up and throwing her in his shoulder and running as fast as he could towards the Agency. She just let it happen, since the look on his fake son was between fear and sadness, he looked like he was about to cry, so she started to prepare herself for something bad.

Atsushi put her down and before he could talk Kunikida chimed in.

"Dazai's hurt but wont let me treat him, a slash on the chest and a stab wound on the side, he said he would only let you in" He said in a serious tone. The young woman let out a loud sigh and started to take off her coat, then headed towards the infirmary, she entered it and closed it. Then turned to look at the mess of a man on the bloodied bed.

She took off her shirt and made a little half ponytail in her hair.

"Oh wow, you should always be my doctor" The detective said smugly, and she just looked at him with a frown on her face, grabbing a pack of blood of his type and the stitch kit.

"Not talking are we" He said softly.

She started to take off his upper body clothes, throwing the bloodied bandages on the floor, looking at the wounds and making a plan to fix them up. She was about to give him a sedative so he could sleep since it would take a while to stitch him up, but he stopped her hand.

"I want to be awake, I'll just look at your pretty face and get distracted" Dazai said softly and reaching to touch her cheek, she looked disapprovingly.

"I'm not punishing me, I just really think it's not necessary, I'll sleep after" he whispered and she sighed but obliged.

He didn't even flinch, he stayed still the whole time, even talking to her about what had happened and how funny he thought it was, and how he got sloppy because he had seen a cute kitty in an alleyway that reminded him of her and he tripped while trying to take the knife from the girl. The young woman playing doctor just hummed in response.

"I am done" She whispered and took off the bloodied gloves and threw them away.

"Don't I get a kiss for behaving so good while you were poking me around?" He said in a baby voice and she let out a smile, now a little more relaxed that his vitals stayed normal all the way, and nothing went south. She leaned in and gave him a small peck on the lips and then walked towards a cabinet to bring out brand new bandages.

She had figured that he wanted to stay awake so he could wrap himself up again and sleep peacefully after, knowing his body was protected from the outside world by the thin white fabric. She helped him so he wouldn't open up his brand new stitches.

"Thank you" He whispered as he made himself comfortable and she reached for the door to let him rest.

"Put on your shirt, no one else can see you like that, don't make me take out their eyes" He said with his eyes closed and a smirk, and the poor woman took her shirt from the floor and put it back on quickly.

Atsushi was right outside the door with a worried look and she just patted his head, standing on her tiptoes to reach the top of his hair and gave him a smile and a thumbs up. Then she nodded at Kunikida and let out a heavy breath.

Everyone was downstairs in the Uzumaki Café after the incident, except Dazai who was sleeping soundfully.

"Why did he let you stitch him up and not Kunkikida?" Tanizaki asked in a curious tone and she looked up as if thinking, and then took a sip of her tea.

"Well, I have seen him without the bandages, so I guess that's it" She said casually as if it was not a big deal. But the whole café fell into a tense silence.

"What do you mean? Even when we had gone to hot springs he never took them off" Tanizaki said with a shocked impression.

"What, I heard he even leaves them on while having sex" Yosano said with disgust in her face.

The bicolored hair girl just looked at them with an innocent expression while shrugging her shoulders.

"I saw him without his bandages back when we were in the safe house, and well since then it's not a big deal" She answered while trying to get a piece of the cake Atsushi was eating but he kept moving it far away from her.

"So you two had sex?! And you didn't tell me, that's very rude" Yosano yelled at the woman who was being interrogated.

"No, we did not, plus it's none of your business, this is a professional environment and these questions are a violation of my privacy." She said seriously as she finally got her spoon on Atsushi's dessert.

Everyone started to laugh at her and she joined the laugh later.

Yosano ended up giving some money to Ranpo, maybe someday she will learn not to gamble with a genius detective. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.9K 20
Dazai Osamu does everything just to meet his parents' expectations Then Nakahara Chuuya turns his whole life around. ---- Soukoku high school AU A fe...
23.2K 1K 33
πš†πš‘πšŽπšπš‘πšŽπš› πš’πš πš’πšœ πšžπš—πš’πšŸπšŽπš›πšœπšŠπš•πš•πš’ πšŠπšŒπšŒπšŽπš™πšπšŽπš πš˜πš› πš—πš˜πš, πš πšŠπšπšŽπš› πš’πšœ πš˜πš—πšŽ 𝚘𝚏 πšπš‘πšŽ πš πš˜πš›πš•πš'𝚜 πš–πš˜πšœπš πš™πš˜πš πšŽπš›πšοΏ½...
168K 4.7K 28
A girl named y/n was walking home after a long day at school to go home and watch some of her Favourite Anime Bungou stray dogs. When suddenly she di...
9.5K 233 18
SOUKOKU. I haven't touched grass in hours 0//0 But anyways- TW: - suicide (duhπŸ’€) -smut (gets better as the story goes on) -self harm -gore - angst οΏ½...