A Vampire's Love - Edward Cul...

Oleh TheFrenchWriter99

Edward Cullen has never wanted to sleep more than he did at this moment, as he started junior year for the um... Lebih Banyak

[TWILIGHT] Chapter 1 - Forks
Chapter 2 - Friends
Chapter 3 - The Beginning
Chapter 4 - Friends
Chapter 5 - Hot & Cold
Chapter 6 - Threats
Chapter 7 - Birthday (1)
Chapter 8 - Birthday (2)
Chapter 9 - Birthday (3)
Chapter 10 - Warning
Chapter 11 - Thoughts
Chapter 12 - Family (1)
Chapter 13 - Family (2)
Chapter 14 - La Push
Chapter 15 - Roots
Chapter 16 - Answers
Chapter 17 - Confrontation
Chapter 18 - Confessions
Chapter 19 - Questions
Chapter 20 - First kiss
Chapter 21 - Isabella Swan (1)
Chapter 22 - Isabella Swan (2)
Chapter 23 - Gone
Chapter 24 - Reason
Chapter 25 - Decisions
Chapter 26 - Him
Chapter 27 - Not Her
Chapter 28 - Fight
Chapter 29 - Port Angeles (1)
Chapter 30 - Port Angeles (2)
Chapter 31 - Port Angeles (3)
Chapter 32 - The Game
Chapter 33 - Nomads
Chapter 34 - The Hunt
Chapter 35 - Lost
Chapter 36 - Danger
Chapter 37 - Blood
Chapter 38 - Prom
[NEW MOON] Chapter 39 - Party
Chapter 40 - Disaster
Chapter 41 - An End
Chapter 42 - A Beginning
Chapter 43 - Quileutes
Chapter 44 - Guidance
Chapter 45 - Almost normal
Chapter 46 - The Pack
Chapter 47 - New Recruit
Chapter 48 - History
Chapter 50 - Jacob Black (1)
Chapter 51 - Jacob Black (2)
Chapter 52 - Born to kill
Chapter 53 - Fearless
Chapter 54 - Rules
Chapter 55 - Inevitable
Chapter 56 - Paralyzed
Chapter 57 - Imprint
[ECLIPSE] Chapter 58 - Lone wolf
Chapter 59 - Humanity
Chapter 60 - Home (1)
Chapter 61 - Home (2)
Chapter 62 - Reunion
Chapter 63 - Alpha & Beta
Chapter 64 - School
Chapter 65 - Unexpected
Chapter 66 - Training
Chapter 67 - Scent
Chapter 68 - Clans
Chapter 69 - Intruder
Chapter 70 - Partner
Chapter 71 - Tutor
Chapter 72 - Clearing
Chapter 73 - Clothes
Chapter 74 - Army
Chapter 75 - Newborn
Chapter 76 - Theories
Chapter 77 - Graduation
Chapter 78 - Control
Chapter 79 - Target
Chapter 80 - Bet
Chapter 81 - Negotiation
Chapter 82 - Compromise
Chapter 83 - Battle
Chapter 84 - Aftermath
Chapter 85 - Engagement
[BREAKING DAWN] Chapter 86 - News
Chapter 87 - Prenuptials
Chapter 88 - Wedding Day
Chapter 89 - Ceremony
Chapter 90 - Reception
Chapter 91 - Isle Esme

Chapter 49 - A New Threat

280 21 4
Oleh TheFrenchWriter99

I was able to come back to the pack the next day, although I didn't patrol due to my period starting this morning.

No matter how annoying having periods were, this time, it allowed me to have my thoughts to myself. Nana's words were still fresh in my mind. Had I patrolled with any of them, especially Ricky, and they would have caught the glimpses of images I had formed in my mind while listening to Nana's story.

This wasn't a story worth sharing with anyone. If Nana kept it to herself, I had no right to walk around and tell everyone about it.

And to be honest, I didn't think it mattered now. What happened in Nana's youth should be past us, and shouldn't affect us today. Ricky was probably oblivious to this story just like I was a day ago. Just because his family and mine had a conflicted past didn't mean that it should stay this way generations after generations.

Ricky and I were in the same pack now, and I promised him that we'd be there for him to help him get used to this new lifestyle that he had been chosen for. I wasn't going to take my word back.

We were at the beach for a picnic, and most importantly, for Ricky's second welcome ceremony. It was the one we made on our own.

I laid the blanket on the sand and let Emily sit on it first.

Thankfully the weather was with us today. The sun was shining on top of us which made the atmosphere warmer than months before, even though the temperatures didn't exceed 10°C

While we were dressed lightly, Emily had multiple covers under the blanket that Sam put on her shoulders. It wasn't that cold to be honest, but Sam's overprotectiveness couldn't let Emily go outside with only one layer of clothes. Love did that to him.

I sat in front of Emily, while Sam sat behind her, serving as her backrest.

"Okay Ricky ! Welcome to the Cliff ceremony !" Paul hosted our reunion while he lightly tapped Ricky's shoulder.

Ricky was actually aiming to sit on the blanket as well, when Paul talked. He stopped himself and looked up at Paul, confused. "What do you mean ?"

"You wanted to jump when you first turned, right ? Now's your time to shine."

"It's still winter, the water's going to freeze me to death." Ricky contested.

Paul shrugged. "You're going to have to see that for yourself."

Ricky looked at all of us, as if he was trying to find someone to save him from this. However, our eyes were all impatiently waiting for him.

The Cliff ceremony was actually my idea.

I remembered when I first did it.

It was at a time where it was only Sam and I, when we didn't really know what we were actually protecting. Until this day, the only activity in La Push and Forks was the transformation of new wolves. There were no signs of threats, which was reassuring.

However, we were quickly getting bored by the lack of activity. Like today's weather, it had been sunny Tuesday. There was nobody on the beach, so technically no witnesses panicking at the sight of two people jumping from such a height into the dark ocean.

At that time, I wanted to test my abilities. Test the limits of my body.

I remembered how underneath the courage shown in my body expressions and my words used to convince Sam, there was also fear. Fear that this was the limit not to cross.

It took us a few minutes for us to actually jump but eventually, the rush of adrenaline in our bodies got the best of us, and it pushed our feet forward until our bodies crashed with the water.

Ever since then, besides the marking ceremony, we started welcoming every new coming wolf with this experience.

Ricky was now the third one to experience it for the first time.

"Is this serious ?" he asked us, trying to hide his panic.

"This is an induction course to be welcomed in the pack." Paul answered.

"Didn't I just do that yesterday ?"

"Come on, that was the boring one." Jared intervened, rolling his eyes.

Paul and Jared were growing impatient. Jumping from the cliff became a regular activity among us, and until this day, we still appreciated it as if it were our first time.

"How long are you going to keep talking ? By the time you come back, I might eat everything." I told them.

The scent that the small wind was bringing to my nostrils from the baskets prepared by Emily were enough to erase the possible disappointment brought back the fact that I couldn't jump with them.

"I'd love to say that Emily won't let you..." Jared trailed off.

I smirked. "But I'm her favorite." I added before I winked at Emily who just laughed it off, but didn't deny. "Go, already. If Ricky doesn't want to jump, don't force him." I growled, urging them to go so they could come back faster.

"No, no, no, no !" Paul rejected. "We all did it. It is necessary. Or else, might as well be considered a lone wolf." Paul said while crossing his arms over his chest.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Ricky. "Don't listen to him. He's being very dramatic. He doesn't make the rules here."

The one who actually did make the rules was too busy being fed by his imprint, as if they were in their own world. It actually made me wince, like the rest of the boys. It was like watching our parents being intimate.

"I don't know about you, but I'm going." Jared said, carrying a disgusted expression on his face.

"You too. Go." I heard Emily tell Sam in a soft voice.

Paul shuddered. "Ew..."

Sam's eyes, which were staring at Emily lovingly a second ago, flickered to Paul to give him a deadly glare. Sam was very sensitive about Emily, especially since he gave her that scar. He hated when anyone would stare at her face for too long or make any comments about it. He didn't talk much in human form. The boys and I were enough to fill the silence. When we were in formation though, having his position meant being the leader of communication which made him talk more than he normally would.

Sam's glare gave enough reasons for Paul to sigh and run after Jared without a word.

Emily laughed it off, making Sam focus on her again and soften his expressions.

"You can't keep scaring them away." I heard Emily tell him.

"If that makes them leave us alone..." Sam answered in a voice that was meant to be suave for her but was actually disgusting for me.

"You are not alone." I had to remind him when I saw his face approach Emily's.

His eyes flickered to mine but unlike Paul, I rolled my eyes and snatched the bag of chips from the basket

"Ricky." Sam called him. "If you don't go after them now, you might not find your way up there easily."

"You are not going ?" Ricky asked.

"Not today. I have to discuss with Aiyanna."

Did he ? I was not aware that there was something that needed to be talked about. The fact that Sam was skipping cliff jumping to talk to me stirred up my curiosity.

Ricky slightly turned his head in my direction but stopped himself before his eyes could fall on me. Instead, his gaze went in the direction taken by Paul and Jared who were still visible but were quickly getting smaller. Far ahead, I could see them already running to the forest where they would shapeshift into their wolf form to get to the highest brink faster.

Although he had shown resistance to Paul and Jared, his posture made it clear that the thought of following them was slowly starting to surpass the thought of not going.

"I promise you'll love it, Ricky." I said, trying to add another reason for him to consider the idea.

Again, without looking at me, I watched him take a deep breath and swear as he exhaled before he ran after Jared and Paul, leaving Sam, Emily and I together.

"So, what is it ?" I asked, detaching my eyes from Ricky's frame to stare at Sam.

"I caught a scent this morning. A faint one. Closer to Forks than La Push."

My heart suddenly started beating at an abnormal speed. The chills I felt running down my chest and all the way down my stomach made me shake for a second.

"I am not saying they came back, but it could be someone like them." Sam trying to reassure me, but I saw the reflection of my livid face in his eyes. I wasn't reassured.

I didn't realize something like this could happen. Until now, everything had gone smoothly. No threats had been felt neither in La Push nor Forks, which almost made me forget who was our enemy : Vampires.

"Aiyanna, here." Emily started. I watched her take off the cap of a small water bottle before she handed it to me. "Drink. You don't look well. Take your time."

Emily didn't know. Nobody did. Except for Sam.

He had seen my memories and pain, but by the time the other boys turned, I had already stopped overthinking about them. I had locked the memories I had of them behind a closed door inside my mind, and never unlocked it again.

I didn't want anyone to know about the deep attachment I once had with them. The last thing I wanted was to be judged for the choices I made while knowing the risks and consequences that came with them.

I accepted the bottle Emily gave me and drank. Before I even had time to process anything, I drank until the last drop of water fell on my tongue. The next second, the empty bottle was distorted in my hand.

I didn't think this was what Emily was talking about when she told me to take it slow.

"Who is them ?" Emily asked Sam.

"Do you remember the Cullens ?" Sam asked Emily.

It was the first time in 5 months that I was hearing their name. I always omitted it and only refered to them as they or them.

I looked up at Sam but he didn't spare me a glance. He knew what he was doing.

Emily nodded at him.

"You know what we say about them." Sam reminded her.

"Yeah. They are the vampires of the treaty." Emily answered. "You're saying you caught the scent of vampires around Forks ?"

"I am not sure. The scent was very fainted. I tried following it but it was too close to water." Sam answered, although his words were more directed to me than to Emily. This time, he looked up at me again. "I'm telling you first, because you have your word to say as well. If it is really a leech, we'll have to identify who it is and find its motive."

"What if we don't like the motive ?" I spoke, for the first time.

Sam's expressions stayed like marble. "We'll have to kill it."

I sighed and shook my head. "We're not ready."

"I know. Besides, the more of us there will be and the more frequent the turns will get. I won't be surprised if we welcome another wolf in the following weeks. My bets are on Jacob. I've been keeping a close eye on him lately. I suggest you to do the same. He's been hanging out with Chief Swan's daughter."

Jacob, Quil, Embry and Seth were the most likely to turn, but they were still so young. Seth Clearwater was probably 14 or maybe 15 by now and the others were only a year older than him.

Moreover, if what Sam caught was really a vampire, the amount of organization it'd take to deal with the accompaniement of first turners and the training of the rest of us would be overwhelming.

And what about Bella ? How come she was hanging out with Jacob, another person who was involved with supernatural, although he wasn't aware of it yet. She had a magnet for danger, and the last thing I wanted was to see her involve in this as well.

"You know more about them than all of us do. You are the most agile when it comes to fights. If there's one person who can prepare us for battle, it's you." Sam added.

Would it really come down to a fight ?

It all depended on who that vampire was.

Closer to Forks than La Push...

Victoria ? Why would she even bother coming back here ? The hunt was over. James got killed. And thanks to my undying curiosity, I knew how they did it although it was easier to imagine it than to do it.

"Training starts tomorrow. We can't let ourselves be caught by surprise." I told Sam, which he answered with a nod.

When I looked at the cliff, I could see three guys standing on the highest brink. Paul and Jared had already taken their shirts off while Ricky, was still covered. He was looking down at the water while Paul and Jared were moving around behind him, as if they were warming up.

Sam and Emily followed my gaze and watched with expectancy.

"Do you guys think he will do it ?" Emily asked about Ricky.

"Do you see how excited Paul and Jared are ? If Ricky doesn't jump by himself, I'm pretty sure they'll make him." I answered.

And, as if to confirm my words, Paul and Jared started running towards the edge and as they did so, they put their arm behind Ricky and plunged into the void until their bodies collided with the water.

~~

"Back to earth, Aiyanna." Mike's voice said as he moved his hand in front of my face.

I blinked twice before I could really see his face. Although my body was indeed, sitting beside him around the table we also ate at during lunch period, my mind was elsewhere.

How I wished to be in the woods with the pack, running around freely. With time, my whole world revolved around them. They were my escape. The band-aid that covered my deepest wounds.

"Sorry, I was too deep into my thoughts." I said.

"Who is it ? Paul ?" Mike asked.

I arched my eyebrow. "Hmm ?"

"You pratically live in La Push now. There must be a reason for it. Did you really fall for Paul ?"

"If you really knew Aiyanna, you'd know she'd never fall for Paul." Jessica intervened from her seat in front of me.

I smiled at her. I could high five her right now. If there was one person who'd defend me around this table, it'd be her.

"What better reason would explain the amount of time she spends with Sam and the other guys ?" Mike insisted.

"Looks like someone's jealous." Eric joked, which made Mike throw a piece of bread at him.

"I'm just saying, it's not like it used to. You always reject our invitation when we organize a night out."

Because most of my shifts were after classes.

But that, I couldn't tell them of course.

I did feel guilty though, because it was true. I spent less time with them ever since last September. It was even more severe in the beginning. And with what Sam talked to me about yesterday, I was pretty sure it'd get worse.

"I know and I'm sorry." I sighed.

Just as much as the pack was an escape to me, Jessica, Angela, Mike, Eric...they were my escape too. A long time one.

"Is this a trial ? Why is the mood suddenly down like that ?" Eric intervened. "If you just want to go out Mike, just say it."

"There's a new horror movie that's coming out this Wednesday. Nothing is going to stop me from seeing it. What if we all go together ?" I suggested for once.

I was kind of like to trying to redeem myself but at the same time, I really wanted to do an activity with them outside of school as we used to.

"Horror ? Seriously ?" Jessica complained.

"I'm in. I love horror." Angela answered.

I smiled at her. "I knew I could count on you." I told her before I looked at Jessica who was still hesitant. "I promise it won't be too scary if we're with you. If it is, I'll let you drag me to the most romantic movie ever and won't complain about it. You have my word."

Horror movies were not as scary as they were described to be, especially if we all went together. But at least, it gave me an excuse to accept another one of their invitation and spend more time with them. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it.

"You all heard it." Jessica said, pointing at Eric, Angela, Mike and Bella, keeping them as witnesses. "Aiyanna's going to watch a romantic movie without complaining."

"I said if you find the movie too scary."

"If a horror movie is not too scary, it's not a horror movie. But I have your word, now. You can't take it back."

"If Angela's going, I'm in too." Eric said. "What about you, Mike ?"

Mike looked at me. "You don't like...I don't know...sci-fi ?" He asked hesitant, trying to make me change my mind.

I scoffed. "If you're too scared, you can hold Jessica's hand." I suggested which made both him and Jessica turn red.

I wasn't sure where they were in their relationship now. Again, I was guilty of not listening too deeply to conversations at school and we barely used our phones. Or was I the one who just didn't use it because I had other means of communication with the people I was around the most ?

"Can I bring Jake ?" Bella intervened.

Jake. Was she talking about Jacob ?

Did they really become that close for her to use a nickname ? How long have they been hanging out together ? This was an issue.

Once Jacob would turn, it'd be harder for him to stay away from Bella and keep her away from another supernatural world.

"Jacob ?" Eric asked. "Of course ! It's been a while since I've seen him."

"I didn't know you were close to Jacob." Jessica told her. "Are you guys together ?"

Bella laughed lightly. "No. He's been helping me fix a bike lately, that's why I thought about him. We're not together."

"He's literally a kid, Jess." Eric said.

"Isn't he just two years younger than us ?" Angela asked to make sure.

Eric spoke as if Jacob was 10 years younger. "Exactly."

Jessica smirked. "Well, he surely doesn't look like it."

"He's a minor Jessica." Angela reminded her.

"Oh, that's not me you should say that to."

I sighed. "Wednesday, Port Angeles, 6 pm. Is that good for everyone ?" I intervened, bringing back the subject on the movie night.

"Are we eating after ?" Eric asked.

"If no one ends up getting sick, why not ?"

"There's a mexican restaurant that just opened in Port Angeles. Why don't we go there ?"

"I can't eat spicy." Mike sighed.

"Urgh. Then what about the..."

The rest of lunch time, they kept making plans about Wednesday night with excitement. It made me smile only for a moment, because the next, my eyes eventually fell on Bella who returned the gaze as soon as I looked at her, as if she had felt my eyes on her.

Until this day, I still acted as if she didn't exist. I wouldn't directly talk to her or listen to what she would have to say. There was still bitterness that lingered in my heart when I looked at her. I should've moved on from the past, but everytime she was around, she would remind myself of last year, and I didn't like that.

I didn't like the fact that she was around Jacob.

And I didn't like the fact that whatever she did and whoever she approached, had a direct or indirect link to me. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

219K 5K 37
*COMPLETED*Ashley Cullen was just a baby when she and her birth parents were in a horrible car accident. Rosalie and Emmett Cullen happened to be by...
680K 11.4K 51
Bella Swan's younger sister comes to town to live with her and Charlie forever. Bella is depressed after the Cullen's up and left her in the dust. Bu...
11.4K 195 8
Elina Swan, she used to be happy, fun, giggly, popular, and utterly beautiful. But 2 years ago, it all changed. She turned into a girl who is broken...
514K 18.6K 32
❝ And then it hit her. It was the way he would tell cheesy jokes, and text her first thing in the morning. It was the way he would give her piggyback...