Chasing Liaison

By Brownsugawriting

Liaison Harris is an aspiring chef. Her dream is to own her restaurant and she doesn't let anything deter her... More

I wish
Fired
Stunned
New Job
Who's in my Home?
Impressions
Dinner
Clean That Shit Up!
A storm is comming
After The Storm
How I like it
Orders
Effects
Turned Up
Brave and Stupid
Silver Platter
Rough
Worth It
Away
Attack
Decision
Protector
Meeting
I Quit
Gone
New Start
Misdemeanors
Where I Stand
My Establishments
Changes
Content
In Between
Explanation
Luxury
Hackles Rising
Familiar Face
Madness
The Truth
Confessions
A New Day
One Last Fight
Wish Come Through

Favour

291 12 0
By Brownsugawriting

                                                  Liaison Chapter 3

"Please let me do it. I can do with the money," I whine to Katherine.

"But you haven't even heard what the job entails yet."

Hearing that, I drop my head in my hands then say, "I don't care. I'll do anything for money right now. I'm starting to get desperate."

I lost my job three months ago as a secretary at Parker Industries. I couldn't keep up with the fast-paced role and they fired me. I didn't get fired by just anyone either, the owner and CEO fired me. How embarrassing.

"Why don't you just let me talk to gramps? You know that he can help sort out your current situation." Kat says amused.

I raised my head in horror to look at her. "Don't you dare say a word to militant man. You know that I will never hear the end of it if you do." We both laugh at my description of her grandfather because he's army to the core.

"I'm joking doll, but seriously you should become a model. You know you're good for it with those features and curves that you're carrying around. You could make a ton of money if you did."

"Kaaaattttttt!"

I know she's teasing me because she doesn't have her serious face on, but I can't stop myself from re-iterating what I've always told her since we met in that vintage shop three years ago.

"I can't. It's not my dream." I don't have to add, owning a restaurant with my name in flashing lights because she already knows that part.

Kat clicks her tongue then say, "well, I guess you can't do the job then because that's it. Gramps is showing off his pieces tonight and one of the models is a no-show. I can't find anyone else to do it at such short notice and I was hoping that you would, but if it's not your dream..." she trails off.

Facing defeat, I drop my head and lightly bang it on the table. "I'll do it, but for this one time only."

She claps in delight. "Goody meet me tonight at gramps. It's at seven and shave your legs."

Turning my head to the side, I look at her and I see glee spread across her face. Raising one eyebrow I give her a stern look. "Why do I have to shave my legs? I don't have to wear a swimsuit, do I?"

"You won't have to, plus I thought you said you'd do anything for money right now," she points out.

"I would!" I whine again.

"Ok so meet me at seven then."

"Liaison Harris!" Someone calls my name from across the room.

"You're up, don't be late." Kat gets up and we give each other a hug. After we say goodbye, she saunters out the door.

I met her a few years ago in an antique shop when I was looking for something to send to Margaret and Rob for their anniversary.

Straight away she launched herself at me. She told me how much I looked like a doll and asked if I were interested in modeling.

For a second, I thought about saying yes but then I thought how far would my looks take me? After thinking better of it, I told her no.

For the rest of the time I was in the store, she followed me around. She bombarded me with questions. I couldn't get rid of her, so we swapped numbers and here we are now. Oh! And although Katherine works for her grandfather at his auction house, she doesn't have to because she comes from a wealthy family.

After Katherine leaves, I walk over to the counter where they called my name and announce myself. "Yes, that's me." I'm at the employment office waiting for a work placement.

"How are you today, Miss Harris?" An old but good-looking man asks.

I never get to speak with the same Occupation Advisor twice, so I never get to build a rapport with anyone here. Looking down at the badge hanging around his neck, I see his name.

"Fine thanks Neville, how about you?"

"Good, thank you, please sit."

I do and we start to go through the available vacancies. There is nothing suitable for me apart from the house management roles so we talk about that. Neville asks me about my experience, and I explain my skills, carefully omitting the fact that I'm merely describing what I do at home.

The position is ideal if I get it. It's a live-in role as the employee must always be available. All expenses are paid, and a car is thrown in. That means no more rent to pay, which will save me a lot of money. I don't know how I feel about not being able to drive my car, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

At the end of the meeting, Neville gives me instructions and directions to attend an induction. It's next week Monday which give me plenty of time to prepare myself. He mentions that I might be interviewed by the homeowner, so I better get myself together.

After I leave the employment's office, I go home and as per Kat's instructions, I wash my hair and shave my legs, then after that, I head out to her grandfather's estate.

***

When I arrive, I don't have time to breathe. A woman came and she whisks me off to join the other girls in hair and make-up.

Here, we're being primed by stylists. They aren't ordinary stylists either. These guys are professionals who cater to the stars. They work runway shows, TV, movies and front pages of expensive magazines.

Afterwards, we get divided up in sets of threes and each group is set up with a theme. For my group, the theme is diamonds, roses and goddesses.

They dressed me in a nude, skin-tight, sleeveless body suit. The material stretched to fit the full length of my body. I can't tell where it ends or where my skin begins. If I didn't know, I'd have to look hard to tell if I have anything on.

They dressed the other girls like me, but their outfits have details on. Their sleeves, mid-drifts and thighs are embellished in gold, so it looks like they're wearing armors.

While I check them out, a man wheeling a large black case comes up to me and introduces himself as Jack, the body artist, then he gives me instruction to lay on the oxblood chaise that's in the center of the room. When I do, he starts to decorate me with what looks like clear gemstones.

"I would hate to think they were real. I don't want to lose any," I say to make small talk.

"Then don't," he replies as he places a stone in the hollow of my neck. It feels cold against my skin. "They are real. Diamonds are a part of your theme remember?"

"Wha-at!?" I sputter in shock.

"These are the pieces Mr. Lauler is showcasing tonight. It's important to keep them safe," Jack advises. The look on my face makes him chuckle. "Lie back darling, you can move when I'm done."

After twenty minutes, he wheels an oversized mirror in front of me and I have to take a minute when I see my reflection. I don't recognize the person staring back.

The woman with the silky-smooth hair, sitting on an antique chair with roses placed all around her, has gold shimmering from her pretty brown skin and it's giving her a soft glow.

Diamonds of all sizes are speckling her body; big and small ones, link together to form a chain. They wind around her and sparkle in the light, giving her a heavenly hue. That divine woman cannot be me.

I can't stop staring at my reflection, but I had to because we're instructed to go to the ballroom. I'm carried so the diamonds don't get displaced. Once we're there, people start to move in. They "oohed" and "aahed" at the jewelry adorning our bodies and when they see a trinket that they like, they write them down on plush white cards.

I lost count of the number of times I almost fall off my perch when I glimpse six-figures being jot down.

***

After dinner, the bidding starts and people fight over diamonds with money, and money really talk among these people. A man paid five million for a pair of earrings that don't even look that good, well not enough to cost that amount. I mean, they just look like ordinary pair of studs. I'm amazed and slightly appalled.

As the evening goes on, I get bored sitting here, so I start to people watch. It's one of my favorite things that I like to do when I'm out, and this bunch is giving me plenty of material for a good storytelling.

Looking around the room, my eyes fall on a man. He's hunched over, hugging a woman, well at least that's what it looks like. Upon closer inspection, I watch his hands travel up her legs then they slide around her front and disappear between her thighs. At the same time, the woman's breathing escalates then she shudders and relaxes back on the man. The hand he had snaked around her comes back into view again. When he lifts it to her mouth, she takes his fingers in and begin to suck them.

Oh, my God! I look away not believing what I just saw, especially in such an open space. I look at the two girls who are standing like guards in front of me. They don't seem to notice the couple, so I look further around the room to see if anyone else did.

To my amazement, no one saw them. Everyone is too caught up in the bidding to even notice them standing in the corner.

I look back at the couple and the man's head is slightly turned towards me. I almost catch his profile, but a waiter comes and blocks my view as he pours wine for a woman.

She's draped in what I can only assume is all the jewelry in the world and the bitter look set on her face is a contrast the wealth that she's wearing. It makes me wonder why she so look mad when she has all the wealth in the world adorning her.

When the waiter moves, I can see the couple again. This time, the woman's hand is on his crotch and she's whispering something in his ear. Excited, the man looks away from her then around the room, like he's searching for something.

His eyes land on me, and like a deer trapped in headlights, I freeze. Embarrassment begins to heat my skin, so quickly, I tear my eyes away. I wish that I could disappear. I know he saw me watching them, but to make sure, I chance a glimpse.

Shit! Now they're heading straight towards me. Act natural.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath while I try to plan an apology in my head. When I open them, the man is here in front of me. His eyes are locked with mine and for the umpteenth time tonight my heart almost gives out because the man staring back at me is my ex-boss, Corey Parker from Parker Industries.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 177 91
That one-night stand turned out to be the most satisfying night you could ever have. Little did you know that one-night stand would chase you to your...
198K 5.4K 83
Book 1. Eros; passion, lust and pleasure -- in other words, romantic and passionate love. A passionate physical and emotional love based on aestheti...
659K 21.7K 43
βπ‘Šβ„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ β„Žπ‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘π‘’π‘™π‘™π‘’π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘”π‘Žπ‘–π‘›π‘ π‘‘ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘ π‘‘ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘šπ‘  π‘œπ‘“ π‘‘π‘’π‘ π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ ...❞ Barely recovering from her break-up, Art studen...
77.3K 2.5K 29
Tiffany's boyfriend Jason isn't the man he used to be. He's become horribly abusive yet claims to still love her. Little does he know she's falling f...