Captured

By Kayy_B

Nala would do anything for her sister Cami, even cover up the murder of the visiting Alpha's cousin. She did... More

Synopsis
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Update: Please read
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three

Chapter Forty Four

4.4K 149 3
By Kayy_B

***PLEASE READ THE FULL A/N***

Chapter Forty-Four

She was beautiful, her mid length golden hair was tied at the nape of her neck with a few shorter strands of hair framing her soft pale face. Her eyes were familiar and I knew I had seen them somewhere.

Immediately I looked away not wanting to make eye contact with this Werewolf who had to be of high rank. My eyes were trained on the black court heels she was wearing as she took a couple of steps into the room.

"Teresa?"

"Aunt Rosa." Teresa said warmly, still holding onto my shoulder. "This is Nala, she is...my friend."

Aunt Rosa? This was Alpha Alessandro's mum? They were here already?

Taking in quick deep breaths, I tried to calm down my body that was screaming 'run'.

I glanced at Teresa who was looking straight at her Aunt. Resisting the urge to look up and see whether or not she believed Teresa I kept my eyes downcast.

"A friend." The woman repeated as if it was such a strange this to hear. "I did not know you were friends with humans."

Oh no, was she was one of those Werewolves who hated humans and thought we were beneath them and both species shouldn't mix.

"I have human friends." Teresa said casually, moving her hand in a dismissing motion. "It's good to see you."

Both the Werewolves embraced each other warmly while I stood there wondering what I should do. Maybe I should listen to my body and make a run for it while they're distracted?

"So this is the human Alessandro is holding here?" Alessandro's mum, Rosa, said as she pulled away from Teresa.

"Yes."

"A human he is protecting?"

Teresa let out a nervous laugh. "She's my friend, Alessandro knows that."

"Hmm." Rosa murmured, clearly not believing a word Teresa was saying. "Look up human."

My eyes immediately darted to Teresa who discreetly nodded her head. I raised my head slowly and looked up, careful not to make eye contact with her. She began to circle around me as I stared straight ahead, I felt as though I was an object in a shop that she was inspecting and deciding whether or not she should buy.

"This is the human girl who knows where Harlan is?"

Shit!

This time Teresa had no answer to the question and I could almost hear her think about what to say next. I had no idea what Alessandro planned on telling his parents. Would he tell them I'm involved like he did with Teresa? Or would he tell them he thought I was involved but no longer thinks that?

Rosa stopped circling me and stood directly in front of me, her body so close that I could almost feel her body heat. "Look at me."

I did as she asked and made eye contact. I now knew where I had seen those eyes before, they were the same as Alessandro's.

"Do you know where Harlan is?" The question was asked softly instead of being demanding and angry like I thought it would be.

Swallowing harshly I answered her question. "No." That wasn't a lie, I didn't know where Alessandro buried Harlan.

I didn't know if she believed me or not, her eyes gave nothing away and her face was expressionless. Finally after what felt like hours she stepped away from me and I mentally let out a sigh of relief.

"Bring the human, your uncle and I would like to talk to her." Rosa told Teresa as she began exiting the room.

Neither Teresa nor I moved an inch until she had left the room and we could no longer hear her footsteps in the hallway. I ran over and slammed the door, resting my head against it.

"I can't do this, she knows something." I whispered as I closed my eyes.

Teresa tried to reassure me. "She doesn't know anything. They are just going to ask you a few questions that's all."

My eyes snapped open. "That's all? You make it sound like this is going to be easy, if they find out what happened my life is over."

"They won't find ou-"

"Help me escape. Please I can't stay here." I interrupted her as I began pleading. "Please, please help me."

I couldn't keep doing this, I felt as though I was constantly on edge all the time scared that someone would find out the actual truth and would kill me.

"Nala, you know I can't-"

"Please." I repeated as tears began to stream down my face. "I'm sorry for what happened to your brother, it wasn't intentional."

Maybe it was my compromised vision but I felt as though I could see the conflict on Teresa's face as if she was considering what I was asking of her.

It was a huge ask, huge for anyone but especially for her. I was the woman who allegedly killed her brother and even though she might not want me to get punished for it for reasons that still remain unknown to me I knew this was asking too much.

But I had to ask, what other choice do I have?

"That's not possible." Teresa muttered softly. "I'll speak to Alessandro and we'll delay the interrogation and we will come up with a plan."

The small, tiny dot of hope I had that she might actually do what I am asking of her disappeared and I felt like letting out a scream.

"I meant what I said. Alessandro will not let anyone hurt you." Teresa looked so confident and strongly believed what she said whereas I didn't. "Stay here and don't do anything stupid, I'll speak to Alessandro."

Don't do anything stupid. I wanted to scoff at that. We did do something stupid and we were stupid to think we would get away with it.

We should have gone to the police and told them what happened that night, we were idiots to think we could cover it up and no one would find out. I didn't blame Cami, she was just a child defending herself. I blame myself, I was the adult, I was in charge, I should have made the decisions and I should have gone to the police.

Would anyone believe us now if we told the truth?

Alessandro went easy on me but I knew his parents wouldn't. Why would they? I was a human believed to have something to do with the disappearance of their nephew. They would torture the information out of me, I would do anything to protect Cami but I was losing it a little. I was on edge, my emotions all over the place and one mistake would end it for the both of us.

Maybe I should tell the truth?

Alessandro won't let anything happen to you. Teresa had said. Trust me, he won't let anyone hurt you.

There was something between us, I didn't know what it was but there was something there. Whatever it was, was it strong or deep enough for him to protect me?

He was already protecting me, like Teresa he knew some of the truth and he was still keeping me safe. That meant something. Why hadn't he killed me? He has every right to and yet here I am standing here, alive and well- sort of.

I was going to tell him the truth about what actually happened that night.

He didn't kill or retaliate then when I said it was me so why would he if I tell him it was actually Cami?

Teresa had said we would come up with a plan on what to say and do about Alessandro's parents and that plan probably would work if they knew the full truth but that wasn't the case. If Alessandro actually dug deeper I reckon he would have been able to find out the truth, he believed what I said and stopped investigating. I was lucky, very lucky however I had a feeling my luck was about to run out.

I was being ridiculous before when I had pleaded with Teresa to help me escape, where would I go? How would I remain hidden? What about Cami? Would I run with her again or would it be just me on my own?

If I ran on my own they would use Cami to lure me out, they would hurt her to get to me and I couldn't let that happen.

This is the only way, I have no other choice.

Coming to a definite decision on what I should do, I took in a deep breath and opened the bedroom door. Looking out I saw a guard standing at the bottom of the hallway, he felt my eyes on him and turned around.

I stepped out of the room and raised my head. "I need to speak to the Alpha, it's urgent."

"Go back to your room." The guard said coldly.

"Can you tell him I need to see him?" The confidence in my voice was wavering and I began to sound desperate. "He said I could g-"

Before I could finish off the lie the guard interrupted him. "Go back to your room, I will come and collect you if the Alpha is available to see you."

"Okay." I whispered. I slowly headed back to the room and sat down on the bed.

Was this the right thing to do? Was I making a mistake?

The truth would come out one day and I wanted to tell Alpha Alessandro instead of him finding out that I lied to him.

What if this is a mistake? What if he hurts Cami? No, he wouldn't. If he didn't hurt me then why would he hurt Cami?

My internal battle with myself was interrupted by the guard who told me to follow him. My heart began to race as we made our way to the Alpha's room.

How would he react? Did he already suspect something? Would he believe me? Would he think I was lying to save myself?

Alpha Alessandro was waiting for me, his arms were crossed and I could see the tension in his body. He didn't say anything and I knew he was waiting for me to speak first.

"I-erm, I..."

Should I do this? Should I tell him the truth?

Tears began to form in my eyes as I tried again. "I have to tell you something."

Alpha Alessandro raised his eyebrows but didn't talk.

"I'm going to tell you the truth about what happened that night."

A/N: I hope you guys liked the chapter

As some of you might be aware, I've had a really rough year in terms of my health and I've been very sporadic with my uploads. I recently received a date for a medical procedure which is a lot sooner than I thought it would be and very very short notice so I'm panicking at the moment. With the way it is with the NHS (I'm from England) and all the backlogs with appointments and procedures I know I can't reschedule.

So I will try to upload again on either Sunday or Monday but after that I'm not sure when my next upload will be. It might be in a couple of weeks or a month, I don't know. It depends on how my procedure and recovery goes.

With Patreon, it's obviously different. Inkitt and Wattpad are free sites and though I appreciate everyone who reads and supports my work on all my platforms, my readers on Patreon are paying for a service and it won't be fair or right if I don't provide that service. Patreon allows me to schedule my chapters in advance and automatically uploads those chapters without me doing anything so I will technically be uploading on Patreon even though I won't be physically or manually uploading these chapters. I hope that makes sense.

So Captured, Fated Hearts and The Lycan's Mark will still be updated on my Patreon and of course The Wolf Baby full book is already there if you guys want to read it.

If you have any questions please let me know, I will respond to any questions until early next week. Please don't ask me questions about my procedure, I wouldn't have mentioned it at all but I didn't want to disappear without any warning.

If you guys believe in God, please pray that it goes well for me. I am absolutely petrified.

Anyways, thank you for reading this chapter and my very long author's note!

Next upload will be on Sunday or Monday but you can read ahead on www.patreon.com/kayy_b

-Kayy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 9.6K 49
My book has been #272, #154 and #177 in Werewolf. Lincoln Rylan is a human, so why is she being terrorized by beast of the woods? She's lost her sis...
116K 3.2K 65
Nala is a lost girl. She is abused, a werewolf/vampire/witch hybrid. She is malnourished, and in a severe condition. "You stupid girl! You deserve t...
104K 3.3K 26
Being a Human and Werewolf is not that hard as it seems. Well, that is what my mother said. My life is not what it seems is not normal is very compl...
774K 17.9K 47
Mia is a sassy girl and a werewolf with an honest heart and, she lives with her father and her older brother, her father is the beta of her pack, Sil...