A Chance for Normalcy

By maggiexgrey

Being born into the mafia, you are given the choice at eighteen to stay or leave. But even if you choose to l... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1; first meeting
CHAPTER 2; killer first date
CHAPTER 3; mine
CHAPTER 4; family
CHAPTER 5; old friend
CHAPTER 6; overdoing it
CHAPTER 7; princess
CHAPTER 8; incognito
CHAPTER 9; safety
CHAPTER 10; offer
CHAPTER 11; little black dress
CHAPTER 12; dying
CHAPTER 13; distraction
CHAPTER 14; babe
CHAPTER 15; 26 hours
CHAPTER 16; conflicted
CHAPTER 17; at peace
CHAPTER 18; tequila & emotions
CHAPTER 20; miami
CHAPTER 21; uneasy
CHAPTER 22; mile high
CHAPTER 23; forever
CHAPTER 24; the Verstappens
CHAPTER 25; monaco
CHAPTER 26; engagement, again
CHAPTER 27; trouble
CHAPTER 28; abu dhabi
CHAPTER 29; revenge of the cheesecake
CHAPTER 30; highs & lows
CHAPTER 31; revelations
CHAPTER 32; aftermath
CHAPTER 33; one look
CHAPTER 34; civil
CHAPTER 35; life events
CHAPTER 36; back on track
CHAPTER 37; sleep
CHAPTER 38; failure
CHAPTER 39; talking
CHAPTER 40; it's just sex
CHAPTER 41; unspoken safe word
CHAPTER 42; family
CHAPTER 43; family is forever
CHAPTER 44; a chance for normalcy

CHAPTER 19; sasha

661 9 0
By maggiexgrey

You wake up a few hours later, the smell of pizza? No tacos? Mac n' cheese? Something delicious in the air. Your head is spinning as you sit up, your legs feeling weak from earlier. You look over to your nightstand and see a bottle of water and Advil sitting there for you already.

This man is a god send.

You open the bottle of water chugging it back before taking an Advil for the hangover. You sit there for a few minutes before trying to stand up.

Nope not today.

"Max?" You yell hoping he doesn't have his headphone in.

"You okay?" Max asks running over.

"My legs don't want to work at the moment, can you carry me to the kitchen? I want some of whatever you're making." You say trying to stand up again, but your legs just give out, causing you to fall back down into the bed. Max just chuckles walking over, "of course princess. But first you need a shirt or something to cover up." Max says grabbing one of his shirts and putting it on you before scooping you up into his arms.

"This is your fault," you say glaring at Max.

"I know, isn't it amazing." Max says the biggest smile on his face. "Just be glad our hike is tomorrow and not today."

"Oh god, I'm not going to make it."

"Yes you are." Max says setting you down on the couch, bringing you over a plate of grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup, along with a bottle of Pedialyte.

"How was your night with the guys?" You ask opening up the Pedialyte and taking a sip,

"Good, played video games, ate food, drank, chatted. You know typical stuff."

"Did you win?" You ask as Max comes to sit down on the couch across from you with his own plate of food.

"Some games," he says shrugging. "What about you? How was your night?"

"It was good, drank, ate, did face masks, talked girly stuff that kind of thing. Except I don't remember much after Cass brought over the bottle of tequila." You say moaning as you bite into the grilled cheese sandwich. "This is amazing by the way."

"Oh yeah I knew it was going to be interesting coming back once I saw your texts," Max says smirking and your face drops. "Oh god what did I say." You grab your phone off the coffee table and look through your messages an immediate blush coming to your face.

I fucking sexted him.

"Okay well as least some of it came true." You say shaking your head. "Tequila makes me horny."

"You could say that again." Max says laughing. "Nothing happened though right?"

You can't help but laugh, "with Cass and Charlotte? No."

"Have you ever?" Max asks taking a bite of his grilled cheese.

"Once at University, I was tipsy, and everyone kept saying girls give better orgasms, so I thought eh why not. I mean it was good, but definitely not mind blowing can't walk afterwards. Was just missing something."

"A dick?" Max asks laughing.

"Yeah," you say laughing. "What about you? Who did you sleep with last night?"

Max glares at you, "no one, I slept on Charles's couch."

"Well, that's boring, here I thought you and Daniel would be all cuddled up." You say finishing off your sandwich.

"No, we did drunkenly kiss once while we were celebrating the world championship though." Max says sipping on his water.

"And?"

"Nope. Did not like it." Max says shaking his head.

"At least you know." You say shrugging blowing on your chicken noodle soup.

"How's the hangover?" Max asks.

"I think you fucked it out of me," you say laughing. "Not bad."

"Good, ready for round 2 tonight?"

"Ugh, I totally forgot about the yacht tonight." You say groaning.

"We don't have to go." Max says shrugging.

"Yes we do. I'm not letting her win." You say eating the soup.

"Her?" Max says confused.

"Sasha, one of Jeremy's friends. As fake as they come, her money is her personality type thing, fame and status is all she cares about." You say sighing. "Let's just say, she said some things, I punched her. We don't get along. But she's going to be at their wedding so, need to be civilized."

"What did she say?" Max asks putting his empty plate down.

"She said I was a nobody that would never amount to anything." You say looking down at your soup no longer hungry. "So, I punched her, I wanted to kill her to prove a point but that would just make more of a mess." You say setting your plate down on the coffee table.

"Oh, if she only knew," Max says laughing shaking his head.

"I know," you say laughing slightly. Sensing your unease about it still, Max pulls you onto his lap and you find the strength in your legs to sit up and straddle him.

"Look at you, Arya Hunt, the heiress of the Hunt Empire and digital marketing specialist, straddling me Max Verstappen the ruthless killer and Formula One World Champion." He says tilting your chin up to meet his gaze. "You're not a nobody, you're the somebody everyone wants to be or be with. She's just jealous of you princess, don't let her bring you down."

A smile creeps on your lips and you cup Max's face with your hands leaning down to kiss him as his hands move from your thighs to your ass.

God, I've already cum four times this morning, but I can't get enough of him.

You grind your hips into his, your hands moving to his hair eliciting a moan from his lips. The soreness between your legs melting away as the heat returns. You can feel Max's erection growing under you as you grind against him, his hands digging into your ass pulling you closer against him. You kiss down his neck, leaving a small hickey just under his jaw marking him as yours. Your hands to the bottom of his shirt pulling it up and over his head. Finding the strength to stand up, you shakily pull down your underwear tossing it off the side.

"Ari," Max says his voice full of warning as you climb back onto his lap slipping your hand under his sweatpants to palming him over his boxers.

"Just shut up and let me fuck you," you say desire clouding your better judgment, but to your surprise Max doesn't protest he just leans back into the couch.

"Good boy," you say a smirk on your face, and you feel Max's cock twitch against your hand.

"Don't push it Hunt," Max growls. There is it, the limit to how much control Max will let you have.

You smile leaning down and kissing him while you tease your fingers in the waistband of his underwear before letting your hand go under stroking him. Spreading the pre-cum down his shaft as you run your hand up and down his length, eliciting sweet moans from Max as his breathing increases.

Fuck this is so hot, no wonder Max loves teasing me like this.

One of Max's hands moves from your ass back over your thigh and teases your wet folds. You moan at the sensation, throwing your head back as you one of his fingers enter you. You move your hips against his fingers, loving the pleasurable sensation it's giving you. Max takes the opportunity to kiss down your neck running his other hand up your back and over your breasts pinching your erect nipples, causing your walls to tighten around his finger.

No, I can't cum yet I need his dick inside me first.

You slide your hips up, and push Max's bottoms down just enough to free his eager member. Teasing his tip at your entrance, loving the frustration build in his eyes as he doesn't get what he wants.

Fuck this is too fun.

"Arya," Max moans more so as a warning and you comply allowing yourself to sink onto him. Moaning as he stretches you out. You start moving up and down his length, feeling your walls already starting to come down around him. Max lifts his hips to meet yours as you come down onto him taking even more of him into you which you didn't think was possible. Max's hands come to your ass helping you move up and down his dick as your legs begin to tire.

"Fuck Max," you moan not wanting to stop, the knot in your stomach threatening to release.

"Fuck Ari, just like that, you ride my dick." Max moans pulling your hair back to leave sloppy kisses along your neck. His words giving you the strength in your legs to keep going as you grind your hips against him with every motion. Arching your back against him, pressing your boobs into his chest as you lean down and kiss him passionately. Feeling his dick pulse inside you, you know he's close to his release.

"Cum with me amore," [love] you say letting the Italian word roll off your tongue. Max digs his one hand into the back of your thigh undoubtedly leaving marks, while pushing your lips against his roughly. You feel the knot in your stomach unravel as your walls close down around him, spilling your juices all over him as he cums inside you. Still clenched around him you milk him for every last drop, smiling before letting your body collapse next to him on the couch. Neither of you move for several minutes just relishing in what just happened.

"Alright, let's get cleaned up." You say sitting up feeling Max's cum on the inside of your thigh. You try to stand up, but your legs give out causing you to fall to the ground. Max starts laughing and you shoot him a glare.

"Princess you couldn't walk before, what made you think you could walk after that?" Max says standing up pulling his bottoms back up.

"I'm stubborn."

"I know. Now let me help you." Max says lifting you up off the floor carrying you into the bathroom.

"5 times, that's gotta be some sort of record." You say as Max sits you on the bathroom counter washing the mixture of cum away from your thighs.

"Mmmm... one I intend to break." Max hums kissing you softly. "Another day."

Fuck I am going to be sore tomorrow. Worth it.

You finish cleaning yourself up, using the bathroom and brushing your teeth before Max brings you back to the bedroom to change. Putting on a clean sweater and some PJ shorts before carting you back out to the living room. He settles you back into the couch, putting a blanket over you as sip on the Pedialyte. Your phone starts ringing on the coffee table, and you look at the FaceTime call incoming from Cass.

"Hey Cass," you say answering the call.

"Bitch you better tell me you got railed, because I was so fucking comfy in that bed." She says and you laugh.

"Oh I did, so much so that I physically cannot move my legs right now." You say showing her your position on the couch, you hear Max chuckle as he cleans up the kitchen.

"Alright, then I forgive you."

"Bitch, it's my bed." You say laughing.

"Anyways, I was just checking to see if you got Sasha's invite to the party tonight."

"Not from her, but yeah I did, Jeremy called me last night."

"Are you and Max going?" She asks as she walks around what looks like Daniel's apartment.

"If I can walk by then, yeah." You say laughing.

"Oh how I wish I had that problem, but oh no someone has to do some simulator work." Cass yells turning her head to look at Daniel.

"Are you guys going?" You ask laughing.

"I think so, I just really want to rub him in her face you know." Cass says and you nod. "Yeah I get that."

"Alright then it's settled, we'll meet you at the marina tonight then. Love you bitch."

"Sounds good, love you too." You say hanging up the call and stretching back out on the couch. Max comes over a few minutes later after he's done cleaning up and sits next to you, letting your legs drape over his lap.

"Who does all of your social media stuff?" You ask Max opening up Instagram.

"The team does, I'm not sure exactly who." Max says shrugging. "Why?"

"Just wanted to see if they had a strategy for posting about us," you say scrolling through your follow requests.

"Oh that's all me, they just handle the team stuff." Max says scrolling through his phone.

"So what's you're planning then? Just post a picture once we get married and say surprise?" You ask laughing.

"Something like that," Max says shrugging.

"Alright, well I for one don't want to get on your fathers bad side. I'm still not convinced he won't kill me and just call this whole thing off. So, this is what I'm thinking..." you say explaining your plan to him.

"I mean you're the expert, just seems all very public to me." Max says and you sigh, leaning back against the couch.

He's right, that's how I would handle a clients account. I don't want to make a name out of our relationship.

"You're right." You mumble stating up at the ceiling.

"What was that?" Max says.

"You're right." You say louder. "It's how I would handle a clients account wanting to brand, not what I want for our relationship."

"Wait we're in a relationship?" Max asks laughing and you reach behind you throwing one of the pillows on the couch at him.

"Shut up, amore you're making my headache come back," you say rubbing your temples making Max laugh. "Let's just stay like this forever, away from the world," you say smiling at him as he runs his hands up and down your legs.

"I think our parents may have something to say about that," Max says sighing.

"Yeah, I'd rather not die." You say sighing. "Alright, how about for now I just make my account public, and we go from there."

"I think that's a good starting point." Max says sending you a re-assuring smile. Alright, here we go. You go through your feed one last time making sure there's nothing revealing in it, before switching you're account from private to public. You turn your notifications for Instagram off and put your phone down.

The two of you hang out on the couch, putting on a movie trying to block out the outside world, knowing you won't be able to put it off forever. The movie ends and you sit up, swinging your legs onto the ground.

"What do you think you're doing?" Max asks watching you carefully.

"Seeing if my legs work yet." You say sighing pushing yourself up to stand. Okay I can stand. You slowly shuffle your feet along the floor as Max laughs.

"I hate you," you say laughing.

"No, you don't." Max says smiling. Fuck no, I love you.

You slowly make your way to the bathroom splashing some cold water onto your face before heading back to the couch your legs feeling sore, but the movement helps. Great, now just have to do that in heels. You pick up your phone seeing a text from Jeremy – forgot to tell you it's a whiteout party so wear white.

"Jeremy says to wear white tonight." You say mentally going through your closet to see what you could wear.

"Will definitely need to stop downstairs then to change on our way." Max says and you nod looking over at the clock.

"I'm going to start getting ready then, it'll take me a bit to get my legs working properly." You say standing up, heading back to the bathroom while Max flips something on the TV.

God boys have it so easy.

You briefly check Instagram and see you already have over 5,000 new followers and you quickly close the app again. Taking a deep breath, you start on your hair and makeup, before heading to your bedroom to get changed. Slipping into a white mini dress with feathers at the top, the spaghetti straps making sure the dress doesn't drop any lower on your cleavage. You grab the lowest pair of heels you can find which are luckily white and slip them on getting used to walking around in them again. Grabbing a small white clutch to match you head back out to the living room.

Max stares at you as you walk out, a smirk across his lips as it's obvious your legs still aren't 100% back.

"What?" You ask smiling at him.

"You look good in white that's all," Max says standing up running his hand through his hair.

"Thanks, now come on I'm starving." You say taking his hand as the two of you head downstairs to Max's apartment. Max changes quickly into a white linen shirt and white dress pants, which don't leave much to the imagination. You unconsciously bite your lower lip as he walks out, the hickey still visible on his neck.

"Fuck I might be killing someone tonight with you looking like that." You say looking him up and down.

"Just call us Mr. & Mrs. Smith then," Max says caressing your neck as he kisses you. You brush your hair away from your neck already knowing where his lips are going next, and you can feel a smirk form on Max's lips in response.

"You really think you're leaving my side at all tonight looking like that?" Max asks kissing down your neck.

"No, but why risk it. Wouldn't want someone else to think they could claim me do you?" You ask a smirk forming on your face. Ouch. You feel his teeth dig into your shoulder lightly before his mouth moves up your neck leaving a big hickey just under your jaw to match his.

"Don't even joke about that. You're mine." Max says holding your jaw and you smile softly before he releases your face. Still no ring though.

"Come on, we're going to be late for our reservation." Max says taking your hand and leading you out of the apartment. You get downstairs and there is a black sedan with tinted windows waiting out front. The driver opens the door for you, and you smile as you climb in Max just behind you. Looking out the window you can't help but smile as the ocean becomes closer. The car pulls to a stop just outside the marina doors and the driver hops out letting Max get out first before letting you get out, taking Max's hand for support as you make your way inside. Max talks to the hostess while you look around the very fancy restaurant.

Feeling Max's hand on your lower back, you follow the hostess as she shows you to your table in the back. You slide into the booth while Max sits opposite you. A waiter comes by a short time later with a glass of champagne for each of you before handing you each a menu.

"We should have brought a sweater or something to cover up." You say looking at the menu.

"Cold?" Max asks looking concerned.

"No, I just know I'm going to spill something on myself." You say laughing. The waiter comes back around and takes your orders before leaving a basket of bread on the table. You reach for one of the pieces of bread spreading some butter on it before taking a bite. Max doing the same.

"Do your mom and sister know about our arrangement?" You ask curiously.

"Yes," Max says nodding. "They're not surprised."

"Why's that?"

"They never thought I would find someone. They always joked that my dad would just pick someone for me and that would be it. Jokes on them though, because at least I got to pick you." Max says winking at you.

"Why didn't they think you'd find someone?" You ask intrigued, is there some dark secret I don't know about?

"Just never something I considered to be honest, my focus was always on racing or the family business," Max says.

"Until you met me?" you ask nervously.

"Until I met you." Max says smiling at you.

"Alright, stop looking at me like that, you're going to make me wet and I'm wearing white." You say blushing and looking away.

"Well, if that's all it takes, we're going to be in trouble tonight once the tequila starts." Max says chuckling as the waiter brings by your food. The two of you finish up your meals, and you surprise yourself when you don't spill any of it.

"Cass and Daniel are here," you say looking at your phone as Max waives the waiter over taking care of the bill. You quickly check Instagram and holy shit already up 20,000 followers. You shake your head putting your phone in your purse before heading out of the restaurant, Max not far behind.

"Hey guys," you say as you get closer to Cass and Daniel who are also both wearing white.

"Verstappens," Cass says, and you can't but roll your eyes. Thank God Max is behind me. "I'm glad to see you can walk again Ari."

"Yeah, me too. Would've been a workout to carry her all night." Max says and you playfully whack his chest. "It's your fault."

"Alright, let's just get this over with so we can get drunk at home." Daniel says laughing taking Cass's hand.

"Let's do it." Max says taking your hand interlocking your fingers. You walk down the dock, and it's not hard to find which boat they are at with a sea of people in white on the boat. Music blasting through the speakers.

"Ari! Cass!" You hear someone yell and both you and Cass look up to see Harper waving frantically. "Oh my god, they actually came." She says to Jeremy.

"Hey guys, come on up!" Jeremy yells and the security guard with the clipboard crosses your names off of a list before opening the rope to let you onto the boat.

"Just for reference, this is not a yacht," Max whispers in your ear, "mine is much bigger." You can't help but smirk a blush coming to your cheeks. The four of you head up to the bar first where the bartender pours you each a glass of champagne, "this is a Dom Pérignon vintage 1987 year."

"Of course, it is," you say sarcastically looking at the champagne glass and Max just shakes his head. The four of you cheers your glasses before taking a sip. It doesn't even taste good.

Heads start to turn as the four of you walk up to the deck to meet up with Harper and Jeremy, Sasha no doubt waiting somewhere nearby.

"Oh, I'm so happy you made it!" Harper squeals running up to hug Cass and then you. "Oh my gosh I'm being so rude, I'm Harper," she says extending her hand to Daniel.

"Daniel." He says shaking it smiling at her before she turns to Max.

"Max." Max says shaking her hand and an immediate blush comes to her cheeks. "I-I know, sorry just a big fan." You take a big sip of your champagne.

Going to be a long fucking night.

"Come on, everyone's over here." Harper says leading you over to the front of the boat seeing some familiar faces.

"Guys, look who I found," Harper says, and everyone's heads turn.

A chorus of greetings are said, along with a few people coming to hug you including Elliott.

"I see the 'hottest guy' in the club stuck around," Elliott says smiling over at Max standing just behind you talking with Daniel.

"Oh yeah, he's not going anywhere," you say motioning for him to come over.

"Elliot, my boyfriend Max, Max this is Elliott," you say introducing them.

"Nice to meet you," Max says sticking out his hand the biggest stupidest victory smile on his face.

"Yeah, whatever," Elliott says walking away as Max wraps his arm around your back settling it on your hip.

"Well, that was rude." Max says annoyed.

"Not worth it amore," you say leaning against him.

"Arya Hunter? Is that you?" You hear a high-pitched shrill voice say and you instantly cringe. Slowly turning around, you put on your best fake smile, "Sasha, hi," you say as she pulls you into a hug while eyeing Max. "Why don't you introduce me to your friend?" She asks looking Max up and down who beats you to it.

"Max, nice to meet you. But not her friend." Max says shaking her hand, and you can see the hope rise in her eyes as a small smile forms on her face. "No?"

"Boyfriend." Max says confidently putting his hand on your lower back.

"Well, that's a shame." She says looking disappointed. "Cassandra Walker, you're looking well fed as always," Sasha says as Cass and Daniel walk up. Cass is not a large girl by any means, but she's got the curves that Sasha just doesn't have and that makes her jealous.

"Oh, believe me Sasha, Daniel here fills me right up," Cass says putting her hand on Daniel's chest and the look on Sasha's face is priceless.

"Well, you guys enjoy your night. Find me if you need anything, or you know get bored." She says looking at Max and Daniel before walking over to some other people to talk to.

"What a fucking bitch," Max says under his breath.

"Yeah," you say taking another big sip of champagne.

"I hate her, but that was totally worth it," Cass says.

"Fuck that, I almost punched her," Daniel whispers.

It doesn't take long for people to have enough alcohol in their system to have enough courage to come up to Max and/or Daniel and ask for a picture or autograph. Soon there is a swarm of people around them, and you and Cass are sitting at the bar enjoying the free alcohol.

"5 times, really?" Cass asks after you tell her about your adventures this morning after you kicked her out of your bed.

"Oh yeah, I couldn't get enough."

"Clearly." Cass says laughing. "I'm surprised your walking at all right now."

"Me too girl, me too." You say clinking your glasses together smiling over at Max who smiles back sending you a wink.

"I see you made your Instagram public," Cass says ordering another round for the two of you.

"Yeah, I figured might as well start off slow. I can't believe how fast some people found me though. I had something crazy like 20,000 new followers the last time I checked." You say finishing off your drink.

"I think you're over 50,000 now." Cass says pulling out her phone. "Sorry 75,000." She says showing you on her phone and you groan. "He has over 10 million followers, this is nothing. Wait until he tags you in something then it'll blow up. Hence why I think a media manager would be good for you."

"I know, I just can't seem to give up control on this." You say sighing handing her phone back. You look at the crowd of people surrounding Max and Daniel and sigh when you spot a familiar face in the crowd.

"Is that Curtis?" You ask trying to get a better look.

"Looks like it." Cass says thanking the bar tender and handing you a fresh drink as the two of you walk over.

"Curtis Capone?!" Cass says smiling.

"Cassie?" Curtis says turning around smiling. "Eeeeeeek!" Cass screams running up and hugging him.

"Curtis, what are you doing here?" You ask giving him a hug.

"Ron works with Sasha. Bitch didn't tell me you two would be here." Curtis says smiling.

"We weren't sure if we were coming until earlier today to be fair." You say looking over at Cass.

"Why?"

"That's why," Cass says pointing to the swarms of people still standing around Daniel and Max.

"Ah yes, well I'm embarrassed to say that Ron is one of them." Curtis says waving to a tall muscular blonde standing near Daniel.

"Ah, he's fine. It's the drool I'm having a hard time containing myself over." You say sighing.

"Did that bitch just touch my man?!" Cass says as a girl flirtatiously touches Daniel arm as he moves away. "Sorry guys, be right back." Cass says storming off. You can't help but laugh as you watch her fight through the crowd to push the girl away from Daniel.

"You're not worried about Max?" Curtis asks and you shake your head no.

"I mean I don't like it, but I also know that he's going to be fucking me later so meh, they can dream." You say taking a sip of your champagne.

"Very mature of you." Curtis says.

"What about you? You're not worried about the brunette eyeing Ron?" You ask nodding in their direction.

"Fuck no, we're married and gay honey, he couldn't get hard for her if he tried." Curtis says bluntly and you nearly spit out your champagne laughing catching Max's attention.

"I fucking missed you," you say pulling him into another hug.

"Missed you too," Curtis says. "How are you doing with everything?" He asks rubbing your arm.

"Slowly processing things, it was nice to know what happened though, and see where she was buried." You say holding back tears. "Just kind of a shock to see baby pictures, you know my dad never had them, and now I know why. I can't help but wonder who I would've turned out to be if my dad never found me."

"No point in dwelling on that, you're here now and that's all that matters." Curtis says sending you a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks Curtis, I really needed to hear that." You say sighing wiping the tears from your eyes.

"Wipe those tears, because I think it's time we rescue our boys." Curtis says looking over your shoulder. You laugh looking over at camera's being thrust in their faces, the brunette still hanging off of Ron's every word as he tries to talk to Daniel and Max.

"Alright let's go." You say heading towards the swarms of people, wiggling your way to the front when someone blocks your path.

"Bitch, wait your turn," the blonde says turning around glaring at you. You go to say something but before you can you see Max walk up and stand behind the girl.

"Excuse me," Max says as the blonde slowly turns around to face Max.

"M-Max, I'm such a big fan of yours," the girl stutters out clearly nervous.

"That's nice, but I believe I just heard you call my girlfriend a bitch," he says seriously.

"Max it's fine," you say.

"G-girlfriend? I'm sorry, I-I didn't know," she nervously says.

"Come on Ari, let's get a drink," Max says taking your hand and you smile softly at the girl.

She didn't know, but that was so hot.

"I could have taken her you know," you say as you and Max make it to the bar.

"I know, doesn't mean you should have to though," Max says waiving down the bartender getting more champagne. Cass and Daniel come and join you at the bar a few minutes later.

"Wow, does that happen all the time?" Cass asks getting another glass of champagne.

"Most of the time," Max says sipping on his champagne.

"Yeah, just part of the job though." Daniel says sipping on his champagne.

"What do we think, has the minimum amount of time passed before we're allowed to leave?" You ask looking at the other three who nod eagerly. Just as you all stand up you hear Sasha's voice come over the loud speaker, "ladies and gentlemen, if we could please give a big round of applause to the two Formula One Red Bull drivers here tonight. Daniel Ricciardo and World Champion Max Verstappen. We have a special surprise for them if they could please make their way to the top deck."

Your heart drops wondering what it could be, and Max holds your hand intertwining your fingers together as everyone claps as the four of you make your way up to the top level where Sasha is standing in the middle with a giant cake with sparklers. You and Cass stand off to the side as Max and Daniel walk up to the cake.

"Congratulations on the double podium in Imola and a great start to this season. It's going to be great!" Sasha says and just when you think she might be genuine about it she wraps an arm around each of them and you hold Cass back.

"I want to shove her face into that cake," Cass whispers and you can't help but giggle.

"Look at the camera boys," Sasha says smiling and they both smile at the camera pointed at them.

"Alright who wants to cut the cake?" She asks holding a knife between Max and Daniel, and you narrow your eyes not liking the situation. "Let's have the race winner and world champion cut the cake shall we?" She says handing the knife over to Max who takes it and cuts a small corner piece putting it on a plate and passing it to someone in the crowd.

"You don't want a piece?" Sasha asks batting her eyelashes and you squeeze Cass's hand.

"Can't on a diet," Max says chuckling cutting another piece of cake putting it onto another place.

"Daniel?" She asks.

"Diet." He says shrugging.

Your phone starts to ring, and you look at the caller ID before stepping away.

"Hey Char," you say plugging your ear over the music.

"Ari, where are you biiiiiitch?" She says and you can tell she's drunk.

"I'm at the Marina, at a stupid yacht party with Cass and the boys."

"Booooooo!" You hear Lando yell in the background and Charlotte giggles.

"Wrangle up the boys and come to Jimmy Z's," she says, and you sigh.

"I'll do my best," you say.

"Yes! She said they're coming guys!!" Charlotte says and you laugh disconnecting the call. You head back up stairs and pull Cass to the side.

"Charlotte called, her and some of the guys are at Jimmy Z's, want to know if we can wrangle up the boys and head over." You whisper.

"Oh hell yes!" Cass says a little too loudly causing Daniel, Sasha, and Max to look your way.

"Come on, let's go say bye to Harper and Curtis and then we can make up some excuse to steal them away." You say taking her hand as the two of you head downstairs to find Harper and Jeremy.

"Hey guys," you say walking up to them and some of the others.

"What happened to your boyfriend Ari?" Elliott teases fairly intoxicated.

"He's cutting the cake upstairs," you say ignoring the tone in his voice.

"There's cake!" He shouts jumping up and running up the stairs, while a few others follow him.

"Anyways, we just wanted to say goodbye, we're going to be heading out soon." Cass says giving Harper a hug.

"So soon?" She asks.

"Yeah." You say giving her a hug.

"Okay, well it was nice to see you guys again. I'll see you later this week for wedding stuff." Harper says and you both nod.

"Bye Jer," you say waving.

"See ya Ari! Bye Cass!" Jeremy says waving goodbye.

"Oh Curtis," you yell spotting him across the deck.

"Oh hey, Ari, Cass this is my husband Ron. Ron some of my friends from school, Ari, and Cass."

"Husband?! Shut the fuck up. Congratulations." Cass says giving Ron a hug.

"Nice to meet you," you say giving him a quick hug.

"A little insulted I didn't get an invite to the wedding," Cass says and the three of you laugh.

"It was spur of the moment," Ron says.

"It was perfect." Curtis says leaning against Ron.

"We just wanted to say bye before we left," you say.

"Leaving already?" Ron asks.

"Yeah, I've had about enough of Sasha as I can handle for the day." Cass says.

"Fair enough." Ron says.

"Well, it was good to see you both again, don't be a stranger I'm in the area." Curtis says and you both wave him goodbye.

"Alright what do we think exit strategy?" You whisper to Cass.

"Your dad?"

"No too much panic."

"Sea sick?"

"Could work, can you make yourself sick because I can't." You say crossing your arms.

"Can I make myself sick, I'm insulted Ari." Cass says as the two of you head back upstairs where Max and Daniel are still cutting the cake, Sasha standing between them smiling as she passes out the pieces of cake. Cass leans against the ship railing while you get in line for cake, Daniel's line is shorter, so you stand in his.

He passes you a piece of cake and you look over at Cass who is clutching her stomach.

I got to give it to her, that bitch is a good actress.

"I think we might need to leave soon, Cass isn't looking to well," you say, and Daniel looks over as Cass turns over the railing throwing up. You put the piece of cake down and the both of you rush over.

"I'm sorry I doubted you," you whisper, and Cass laughs subtly.

"Did someone drink too much?" Sasha's voice pierces.

"Sea sickness," Cass says wiping her mouth.

"Oh sweetie we aren't even moving," she says condescendingly. This fucking bitch.

"I think we should get going," Daniel says rubbing Cass's back.

"Cass you okay?" Max asks walking over putting a hand on your lower back.

"Just sea sick," she says wiping her mouth. "Me and boats don't mix well."

"Thanks so much for having us, but we're going to get going now." You say grabbing Max's hand.

"Yeah let's get you home." Daniel says wrapping his arm around Cass.

"Bye guys, see you around boys!" Sasha says waving and you shudder.

The four of you make it back up the dock and as soon as you're out of sight from the boat you and Cass start laughing hysterically.

"What the?" Daniel says and Max just shrugs.

"Did you guys take drugs or something?" Max asks.

"No, no, you just should have seen your faces." Cass says laughing.

"Bitch you are such a good actress, where did you learn to do that?" You say laughing.

"Wait so you're not sea sick?" Daniel asks and Cass shakes her head.

"No loser, I love boats, me and the water get along swimmingly. Me and Sasha not so much." Cass says laughing.

"Charlotte called, her and some of the guys are at Jimmy Z's so they asked if we could wrangle you away so we could meet them there." You say laughing.

"Oh, thank god." Max says sighing. "I didn't think I could take another minute of her."

"Me either, the girl really made us cut and serve our own cake." Daniel says shaking his head.

"We thought you'd enjoy this better." You say leaning against Max.

"God I love you," Max says leaning down and kissing you and you giggle, "I love you too."

Cass jumps on Daniel's back, "let's go!"

Max calls a driver and the same black sedan that took you to dinner is now taking you to the club. The car pulls into the side alley and Max steps out of the front seat opening the side door for you as you step out. Daniel and Cass getting out the other side.

"Just let me know when you're ready to go Mr. Verstappen," the driver says, and Max just nods at him taking your hand and leading you to the side door. Max knocks twice and the bouncer opens the side door.

"Ah Mr. Verstappen, Mr. Ricciardo, the rest of your party is just to your left," the bouncer says opening the door.

"We come here enough, you'd think we know that by now," Daniel says laughing.

"Now this is more like it." Max says smiling as the four of you walk up to the table.

"Oh my god you guys came!" Charlotte says rushing up to hug you.

"Damn guys, special occasion or what?" Lando asks looking at your outfits.

"No, just some yacht party wanted us all to wear white," Daniel says pouring out shots for the four of you as Charlotte hugs Cass.

"You guys get bored or what?" Max asks shooting the shot back.

"Little bit yeah," Charles says taking shooting back a shot of something.

You shoot your shot back and shudder, tequila.

"I'm just going to grab some water," you say to Max who nods as you head off to the bar.

"Can I get a couple bottles of water," you ask the bartender leaning over the bar and he nods passing you two. You turn around and accidentally walk into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry," you say stepping back.

"No problem princess," a familiar voice says, and you look up meeting the eyes of Declan. "Should watch where you're going though. Wouldn't want you to get hurt." And just as fast as he appeared he was gone.

"Okay, I might be losing it, but I swear I just bumped into Declan at the bar." You say sitting down and opening up one of the water bottles, taking a sip.

"I think you're losing it Ari. Declan lives in England." Charles says. Maybe it's just a coincidence, either way no more alcohol for me tonight.

You pour shots of water for Charlotte throughout the night to help keep her hydrated, enjoying chatting and talking with everyone. Your legs still hurting from earlier you decide not to dance but watch as Charlotte and Cass do, with Charles and Daniel joining them a few songs later.

"Alright, I think I'm done for the night." Charles says sitting down with a big sigh.

"Really?" Charlotte asks. "I made it through another night without throwing up," she says happily.

"Congrats Char, I did not. But to be fair I did it on purpose to get us here. So that's fine right?" Cass asks clearly intoxicated.

"Yeah, let's get you home and in bed." Daniel says chuckling.

"Lando want a ride?" Max asks as he texts the driver.

"Sure mate," he says smiling. The 7 of you make your way out the side door and into the awaiting cars. You wave goodbye to Charles and Charlotte as they climb into their car as the 5 of you head into Max's. This time the third row of seats are up in the sedan, so you and Cass sit in the back, while Max and Daniel sit in the middle row with Lando up front.

Cass falls asleep on you within a minute of the car moving, and within a few minutes you feel yourself drifting off to sleep as well dreaming of the week to come...

......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 259 5
Within the walls of the familiar building lay the demons of our past. Max and Charles for the world have been for quite a long time the worst enemie...
882K 13.8K 33
I loved him, and there were times he loved me too. When the cameras were off and the lights were low, Lando Norris really did love me. I have to bel...
36.8K 446 21
In which you're an unemployed 24 year old who comes from a rather wealthy family, though has a three year old child from a previous fling and is left...
20.7K 565 18
Max Verstappen loves iRacing, even though he rarely finds a worthy opponent online. When he then gets squarely beaten by a girl called Lex, he can't...