A Chance for Normalcy

By maggiexgrey

Being born into the mafia, you are given the choice at eighteen to stay or leave. But even if you choose to l... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1; first meeting
CHAPTER 3; mine
CHAPTER 4; family
CHAPTER 5; old friend
CHAPTER 6; overdoing it
CHAPTER 7; princess
CHAPTER 8; incognito
CHAPTER 9; safety
CHAPTER 10; offer
CHAPTER 11; little black dress
CHAPTER 12; dying
CHAPTER 13; distraction
CHAPTER 14; babe
CHAPTER 15; 26 hours
CHAPTER 16; conflicted
CHAPTER 17; at peace
CHAPTER 18; tequila & emotions
CHAPTER 19; sasha
CHAPTER 20; miami
CHAPTER 21; uneasy
CHAPTER 22; mile high
CHAPTER 23; forever
CHAPTER 24; the Verstappens
CHAPTER 25; monaco
CHAPTER 26; engagement, again
CHAPTER 27; trouble
CHAPTER 28; abu dhabi
CHAPTER 29; revenge of the cheesecake
CHAPTER 30; highs & lows
CHAPTER 31; revelations
CHAPTER 32; aftermath
CHAPTER 33; one look
CHAPTER 34; civil
CHAPTER 35; life events
CHAPTER 36; back on track
CHAPTER 37; sleep
CHAPTER 38; failure
CHAPTER 39; talking
CHAPTER 40; it's just sex
CHAPTER 41; unspoken safe word
CHAPTER 42; family
CHAPTER 43; family is forever
CHAPTER 44; a chance for normalcy

CHAPTER 2; killer first date

1.3K 16 3
By maggiexgrey

"He said that?" Cass says over the phone as you walk around anxiously waiting for your date to arrive.

"I know, and I don't know why I thought it was soooooo hot. Usually, I wouldn't but I don't know something about him just ughhh..." you say thinking back to last night.

"And he said he's coming by at 7pm to pick you up for dinner?"

"Yeah."

"What a fucking plot twist."

"I know. I was just looking for some hot sex. Now I'm going to have to beg him for it." You say rolling your eyes.

"Or you could not, and just fuck someone else." Cass says matter-of-factly.

"Oh, come on Cass, you saw how hot he was. You really think I'm going to find someone hotter?"

"No, probably not." Cass says laughing. "But I know Elliott definitely would."

You shudder even at the thought. "Yeah no thanks, I'd rather just do it myself. How was Evan by the way?"

"Kind of disappointing. He had the equipment but didn't exactly know how to use it. If you know what I mean."

"I know exactly what you mean." You say laughing hearing a knock at the door. "Hang on Cass, someone's at the door."

"Maybe he's early." You hear Cass say over the phone, laughing as you open the door. This sight in front of you making your jaw dropping.

"Cass, I'm going to have to call you back. Say hi to your sister for me." You say hanging up, letting the phone slip out of your fingers onto the floor.

I hope she remembers that the code for when one of us is in trouble.

Your breathing increases as you see your ex-boyfriend standing in front of you, a gun pointed directly at you.

"Nathan, how did you - ?" You ask holding your hands out.

"I've got friends all over the place." He says stepping inside your apartment. "Did you really think you could just leave me? After everything we've been through."

You look over at the clock on the wall. 6:37pm, I hope I'm still alive by the time help gets here.

"I've already told you. We're done. I'm not coming back with you." You say stepping back.

"And I've told you. If I can't have you, no one can." Nathan say stepping towards you.

"Nathan please, you're scaring me. Put the gun down." You say tears starting to form in your eyes. It's not the first time Nathan's pulled a gun on you, but this time his tone is different suggesting he might actually use it. He pulls a chair from the kitchen keeping the gun pointed at you.

"Sit." He says and you tentatively sit down in the chair. Nathan puts the gun under your chin, pressing it harshly against your skin and you feel the tears fall down your cheeks.

"Stop crying." Nathan demands and you wipe your tears away quickly sniffling back the rest of your tears. He grabs a roll of packing tape you had laying around and begins to tape your wrists and ankles to the chair.

"Please Nathan, don't do this." You beg, tears beginning to form in your eyes again.

"You left me with no choice," he says before striking you across the face. The impact of his hand coming in contact harshly with your cheek causing you to let out a small yelp. Nathan quickly covers your mouth with his hand muffling the tail end of the scream.

"Scream like that again and you're dead. Do you understand me?" He threatens and you nod slowly.

"Good. Now let's have some fun." Nathan says removing his hand from your mouth. He walks into the kitchen grabbing a knife as you wiggle against your restraints. He comes back tilting your head back kissing you roughly. You don't kiss him back, and he slices your thigh with the knife cutting the material of your dress in the process. You hiss as you feel blood start to drip down your leg.

"Let's try that again shall we?" Nathan says kissing you again the knife grazing your throat. You half heartedly kiss him back.

"Better." He says slicing into your other thigh. "But still room for improvement." Nathan says chuckling.

"I remember a time when you couldn't wait to kiss me at the end of the day. Have my hands all over your body." Nathan says pushing one of the spaghetti straps on your dress down leaving your shoulder bare.

"I was a teenager when we first met. I didn't know any better." You say wincing as Nathan's hand connects with your face.

"You love me."

"You told me I loved you." You spit back angrily. "But you don't do this to people you love."

You wince at the pain as Nathan slices the knife into your other thigh but try not to make a noise. There is nothing pleasurable about this pain. Remembering the feeling of the mystery man's lips on your thighs you let a smile slowly form on the corner of your lips seemingly soothing the pain.

"What are you smiling about?" Nathan asks cockily narrowing his eyes.

"You're going to have to kill me, because I'm not leaving here with you."

"We'll see about that," Nathan says slicing into your shoulder. As he does he notices the hickey on your neck. The clock strikes 7pm and you hear a faint knock on the door.

"WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!" Nathan yells angrily grabbing your face with his hand looking down at the hickey on your neck. The knocking at the door get louder as the man on the other side becomes impatient.

"Why don't you go find out?" You say looking at the door hoping to distract him long enough to wiggle out of your loosening restraints.

"I swear to god," Nathan says pointing the gun at your head as he walks to the front door. He looks through the peephole walking quickly back to you.

"Tell him you're busy." Nathan says pointing the gun at you.

"You're going to have to untie me for that, and I don't think he'll wait that long." You say as the knocking on the door gets louder.

"You're right. Looks like I'll just have to kill him instead." Nathan says stabbing the knife into your thigh. You let out a small scream as the pain from the knife radiates down your thigh. Taking a deep breath as the front door of your apartment is kicked open, landing on the floor with a loud bang. Keeping your head down as the icy blue eyed stranger rushes into your apartment dressed in a nice suit with flowers in his hand. He rushes towards you but stops as he sees Nathan holding a gun against your head.

"Who the fuck are you?" Nathan angrily spits out.

"I could ask you the same question." Your mystery man says seemingly assessing the situation.

Nathan leans down next to your ear. "Darling, who is this man?"

You keep your mouth shut lifting your head to meet the gaze of those captivating blue eyes. Nathan grabs the knife from your thigh and pulls it out tossing it aside, creating more pain. You squeeze your eyes closed and lean forward hissing as blood runs down your thigh.

"I don't know." You breathe out honestly. It's not a lie I don't know his name.

"That's my girl." Nathan coos and blue eyes laughs subtly.

"What's so funny?" Nathan says sternly looking at him and blue eyes takes a few steps towards you.

"Put the gun away." He demands looking at Nathan. "You look like a little kid waving it around. You would have shot us by now if you were going to use it."

Not even phased at this situation. He must be military, or police.

Blue eyes walks over to you and tilts your chin up to meet his gaze, the softness in his touch providing some comfort from the pain radiating in your thighs.

"How're you doing princess?" he asks gently.

"I've been better. A little annoyed we're missing our dinner reservation though." You say quietly wiggling against the tape restraints. Blue eyes smiles softly leaning down placing a soft kiss on your cheek.

"Don't worry. I'll make us another one after we get you all cleaned up." He says standing up looking at Nathan anger in his eyes, the gun still pointed at your head.

"She is mine, and she's coming back with me." Nathan says sternly pressing the gun into your temple. You close your eyes expecting some form of pain or loud noise, but it never comes.

"Wrong." Blue eyes says holding Nathan's wrist.

"See what I was laughing at earlier," he says knocking the gun out of Nathan's hand easily as you wriggle your wrists free of the tape restraints.

"Was she said 'I don't know' because she doesn't know my name. But let's tell her together shall we?" Blue eyes says dragging Nathan around the front of the chair to face you while you remove the tape from your ankles.

"Max Verstappen, nice to meet you princess." Blue eyes says smiling at you.

Why does that name sound familiar? Oh shit. That's a name from another life, a life of crime and murder. A life I thought I'd never get back to.

You muster the strength to stand up, "Arya Hunt; I heard you were dead."

"Funny, I heard the same thing about you." Max says staring back at you.

"Glad I could facilitate this meeting of the children of the mafia, but Arya, darling, we need to go." Nathan says looking over at you desperately. You walk to him picking up the knife from the floor as you go.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." You say sternly looking at him determined. All of the years of mental and physical abuse endured from him building the rage your feel inside you.

"Arya, your father said - " Nathan starts, and you plunge the knife deep into his chest.

"I don't give a damn what my father said." You say twisting the knife in further. A satisfied look on your face as you watch the colour drain from Nathan's face as blood pours out of his body. Max lets Nathan's body drop lifeless to the floor as you take a deep breath.

Finally, it's over. I've been wanting to do that for years.

You sigh looking at Nathan's body on the floor blood pooling out. "You should probably get going, my people will be here soon to clean up this mess. I wouldn't want your cover to be blown." You say finally looking up at Max.

"I'm not going anywhere until you get those wounds checked out." Max says looking at the blood dripping down your legs and shoulder.

"I'll be fine. I just need to clean them off. I'll have the doctor look at them later. It's not the worst he's done." You say lifting your dress to look at the ones on your thigh wincing at the torn dress material rubs against it.

"Call the doctor now." Max says sternly walking to your bedroom.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to start you a shower. As you said you need to clean those wounds." Max says. And he probably doesn't feel like getting shot at by my men coming. Never the less he's right, you really do need to clean your wounds. But first, you pull out your phone and call Cass. You tell her that you're fine, that Nathan is dead and that you'll catch up with her tomorrow after you figure this mess out. You then call your personal doctor and ask her to come check your wounds. Not a moment later three men in suits rush in armed and ready for action.

"A little late here guys. We really need to work on our reaction time." You say sighing. "This," you say waving around the room, "needs to be dealt with. Let me know when the doctor's here. I'm going to go clean my wounds." One of the guys nods and pulls out his phone calling someone. The other two put the door back up and start cleaning up while you head to the bathroom, droplets of blood trailing behind you. Getting to the bathroom you hear the shower running already, a first aid kit laid out on the counter. You smile as you see Max pouring two shots of vodka.

See he found my first-aid vodka. Good for sterilization and numbing the pain.

"Here," he says handing you one of the glasses. You clink glasses with Max and shoot the vodka back, the familiar taste burning your throat.

"Strip," he says setting his glass down.

"Turn around." You say not wanting him to watch.

"No," he says unwavering.

"Cover your eyes at least. Give me that sense of decency," you say crossing your arms.

"You seemed pretty eager to take them off yesterday," Max says smirking.

"Fine." You slowly lower your dress to reveal your skimpy black lace bra and thong set.

"Are you at least going to join me?" you say reaching around your back undoing your bra letting the thin material fall to the floor. Max hasn't been able to take his eyes off your face, his eyes not wavering south. You wonder if he's not looking out of respect or if he's trying to stop his lust from taking over. He doesn't even look down at your bare breasts which saddens you, but his unwavering gaze just turns you on more.

"No. You're hurt." Max says sternly.

You roll your eyes and lower your panties before kicking them to the side. You step into the shower feeling the warm water running down your body. Watching as the water at the bottom of the shower is tinted a red colour. Feeling two hands on your waist tightly, you gasp as Max leans down to whisper in your ear, "what did I tell you about attitude?"

You can't help but let the corners of your lips turn up into a smile. "Sorry, I forgot." You say slyly seeing how much you can get away with.

I do love to test boundaries.

"You're lucky there are people on the other side of this wall that would kill me. Otherwise, I'd have you over my knee until your ass was red." Max says as more of a promise than a threat. The thought of him doing that just turns you on even more. "Instead, I'll have to think of another way to punish you."

He turns you around so you're facing him and you're sure the colour in your cheeks is giving your arousal away, but in that moment you don't care. It's been to long since you've felt pleasure at the hands of someone else. Max leans down kissing you softly, and you lean into it ignoring all the pain shooting through your body. His tongue asking for entrance to your mouth which you gladly give. Max's hands start to roam your body running down your back over your butt and you lean into him wanting to feel all of him against you.

Fuck, he's got a big dick.

A smile plays on your lips as you feel his size against your stomach. His hand dips down further between your legs feeling the wetness that's already formed. Max smiles kissing down your neck.

"Already so wet for me."

His finger slips into your folds and you moan softly. He's teasing you and you know it.

"Please," you moan at barely a whisper.

"Please, what princess?" Max says.

"Please touch me, fuck me, do something." you moan out slightly louder as Max's finger continues to tease you. Max smirks at the sight of you naked, bleeding from your wounds after killing a man, and yet still begging to be fucked.

His finger teases your entrance before sliding into you, and you moan at the sensation. It's been a while. Moving his finger inside of you slowly, concentrating on your pleasurable reactions before inserting another increasing his rhythm. His thumb finding just the right spot on your clit pressing down gently giving you all new pleasurable sensations. Moaning softly as you feel your release starting to form as his fingers thrust in and out of your heat. You pull Max in kissing him passionately hoping he'll give you more than his fingers, but damn those fingers feel so good you don't want him to stop.

"Oh, fuck," you moan quietly leaning your head back as your walls start to close around his fingers your orgasm coming soon. Sensing this, Max quickly removes his fingers leaving you just on the edge as you were about to get your release.

"Sorry princess, you shouldn't have rolled your eyes at me." Max says stepping out of the shower wrapping a towel around his waist.

"Mean, just mean." You say poking your head out of the shower pouting as you began to understand his play. He was going to decide if you get to cum or not, and fuck you wanted to cum. To get the release you've been desperately craving. Letting the water rinse your wounds you take a deep breath processing what just happened before turning the water off. Wrapping a towel around your body you head into your bedroom putting on a pair of PJ shorts and tank top before heading back to the bathroom. Max is waiting in just his boxers with another vodka shot for you. The two of you clink them together before shooting them back.

"I'm sorry I ruined our dinner plans." You say as Max dabs a cotton ball soaked in vodka onto your wounds.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner to stop this from happening." Max says sincerely.

"It's not your fault. I should killed him a long time ago." You say unfazed. A knock on the bathroom door draws your attention, "Ms. Hunt the doctor is here when you're ready."

"I'll be out in a minute." You say looking back to Max.

"No, in here." Max says. "I'll wait in the other room. I want to hear everything."

You want to roll your eyes at him, but you also really want to cum later, so you resist.

"Fine but take your shot glass." You say passing it to him. He takes the glass and retreats back into your bedroom, listening just on the other side of the open door.

You open the bathroom door and stick your head out. "Dr. Rossi, can you come look at them in here?"

"Of course," you hear her say and she heads into the bathroom setting her bag down on the counter as you pour yourself another shot.

Being the daughter of a notorious mafia boss sure does have it's privileges.

"Alright let's take a look. Care to explain?" She asks looking at the wounds on your thighs first.

"Nathan."

"Ex-boyfriend. Enough said." Dr. Rossi says.

"Mostly slices this time. Just one stab to the thigh. I showered and was just wiping them with vodka to clean them but thought you should take a look just in case."

"I thought I gave you a bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol last time. It's much better at cleaning wounds than vodka." Dr. Rossi says disapprovingly. Dr. Camille Rossi was nearly eight years your senior and had been with you through everything the past few years with Nathan. You looked up to her as an older sister figure and appreciated her advice both medically and personally.

"But I can drink the vodka at the same time to help with the pain. The rubbing alcohol would kill me." You say laughing slightly.

"That's very true." Dr. Rossi says looking at all of your wounds. "And this on your neck?"

"Fun at the club last night. Unrelated." You say smirking remembering Max on the other side of the door.

"Just don't tell me it was with Nathan."

"No, it was not Nathan, just a normal boy in the club." Okay maybe not normal, but she doesn't need to know it was done by the son of mafia boss Jos Verstappen.

"Good, I'm glad you're moving on from him and more so that he's dead. I've take care of you too many times because of him." Dr. Rossi says and you sigh nodding knowing Max is hearing everything.

"I'm glad Nathan is dead too. Maybe now the nightmares can stop."

"Well, everything looks okay. The bleeding should slowly stop over the next few hours but I'm going to bandage the puncture up to prevent infection. It can come off tomorrow. Ideally 10 days of rest, antibiotics, and pain management. But I already know you're not going to listen to me about antibiotics or pain management. So, just please take it easy for the next few days at least."

You nod, "thank you Camille."

"You're welcome Arya. Take care of yourself. Call me if anything changes." She says gathering up her things and heading out. You stand at the sink for a moment before you see Max come out of the bedroom back into the bathroom. He doesn't say anything, he just wraps his arms around you pulling you in for a hug. You wrap your arms him holding him close, breathing in his comfortable scent staying like that for a few moments before you pull back.

"I'm just going to go check and see how clean up is going." You say. "But I was thinking I could order us a pizza, and we can sit in bed eating pizza watching bad movies? Since we missed dinner and all."

"Sure." Max says and you head out of the bathroom to survey the damage.

"How are we looking boys?" You say as you look around. Nathan's body already packaged up into a large suitcase to be lost forever. The gun and knife undoubtedly stored away with his body. Most of the blood gone from the floor. You look at the flowers scattered across the floor and pick up a few of the un-stained ones, setting them into a glass of water onto the kitchen counter.

"Should be another hour Ms. Hunt." One of the men says.

"The door is secure?" You as looking over at it.

"For now. A new one will be installed in the morning." Another man says.

"Good. I'm going to order a pizza and don't need another dead body for you to deal with tonight." You say pulling out your phone. You call a local pizza shop, and they say it will be 20 minutes. One of the guys takes the suitcase away while the other two work on cleaning up the remaining blood stains. You decide to help, picking up the rest of the flowers putting them into the garbage bag. You look down and realize you're just creating more blood spots around the floor. Grabbing a paper towel and wipe your legs.

"I give up. I'm going to lie down. Let me know when the pizza is here." You say sighing and heading back into the bathroom. Grabbing a wet wipe, you start wiping the dried blood off your legs again, your thigh bandage already starting to leak through. You rub your head in frustration.

"You okay?" You hear Max ask softly standing in the doorframe.

"Yeah, just frustrating living like this. I never wanted this lifestyle, and when I got out I thought things would be different. But they aren't. They are just more complicated. I moved to Monaco because I thought it would be safe. Low crime rate. High police presence. Clearly I was wrong."

"Come here." Max says softly. You walk over and he leads you back to your bed pulling back the black bedding. The two of you crawl into bed and Max pulls you to lay on his chest.

"I know what you mean. I thought I was out for the longest time, but I've slowly learned that it's a lifestyle you can never fully leave. Someone always wants you dead." Max says rubbing your back.

"Who made you want to leave?" You ask.

It's always a who died that makes someone want to leave their mafia family.

"My brother. After he was killed my dad wanted me to lead up the organization, and I didn't. What about you?" Max says.

"Father killed my mother. Hard to look at him after that." You say not caring to elaborate.

Man, Cass is never going to believe that the guy from the club is Max Verstappen, son of notorious mafia boss Jos Verstappen. No, I can't tell her. That would just put her in more danger.

Several minutes of silence pass before someone speaks.

"What are you thinking about?" Max asks softly.

"Just our lifestyles. We're probably going to end up getting each other killed." You say honestly.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm Max Verstappen the Formula One race car driver, and you're Arya Hunt the... actually what do you do?" Max asks and you laugh softly.

"It's Hunter to the world actually, and I do digital marketing. Running social media accounts mostly. Remote job, my face isn't out there, it's great." You say. "So, you drive for Formula One? That must be exciting. I mean I know you drive fast that's about it."

"Yeah there's nothing like the adrenaline rush of driving at 300km/h trying not to crash. But the track security is also some of the most secure I've seen, so I don't really worry about the two worlds colliding."

"I'm assuming you know Charles and Charlotte pretty well then?"

"Charles is a driver for another team, Charlotte's his girlfriend, we're all friends. Some of the other drivers actually live in this building too." Max says continuing to rub your back in a comforting manner.

"Huh, that's kind of cool to know. I'm going to have to brush up on my Formula One knowledge before the race here this year. I know some of my friends really want to go."

"You can honestly watch it from your balcony. We race right past here."

"Yes, but then they can't flirt with all the drivers." You say laughing.

"Oh, so that's why you want to go is it? To flirt with the drivers." Max says teasing.

"Well, maybe just one." You say propping yourself up leaning over and kissing him. His hand run lower down your back and you sit up straddling him. Max's hands move up to your hips, trying not to aggravate the cuts on your thighs as the two of you make out.

You hear a knock on the bedroom door and sigh sitting back onto Max's groin area.

"Yes?"

"Pizza's here, Ms. Hunt."

You smile and climb out of bed. "I'll be right back."

Max leans back onto your bed running his hands through his hair. What am I doing in bed with Arya Hunt? She's the daughter of John Hunt mafia boss. More so, why can't I stop being near here. I should just get up and leave. That's what I do with all the women I meet – keep them at a distance. Fuck them then leave. There's something about her. She's different. She intrigues me, and there's no denying the sexual chemistry. God what I would give to feel my dick inside her. Maybe we're just two people from the same world trying to fain some form of normalcy. The life we crave but know can never have.

Max has a conflicted look on his face when you bring back the pizza setting it down on the bed, along with two bottles of sparkling water.

"You okay?" You ask crawling into bed next pulling the pizza box closer. "You look lost in your thoughts."

"Yeah, just not how I expected tonight to go." Max says sitting up and grabbing a slice of pizza. You grab one as well taking a bite. "Killing ex-boyfriends is not how my first dates usually go."

"No? How do they usually go?" You ask taking another bite of pizza.

"Well, you saw part of it, suit, flowers, we would have gone out for a nice dinner. I would have impressed you with my car and driving skills."

"Really? What kind of car do you have?" You ask curiously.

"I have several, but the I would have taken you out in is my Aston Martin Vantage," Max says taking another bite of pizza.

"Nice car, little bit touchy on the steering but it's okay." You say smiling.

"What kind of car do you have then?" Max asks curiously.

"Audi R8 V10, drives like a dream I love it." You say thinking about it sitting in the parking cascade downstairs.

"Slow acceleration, stiff in turns." Max says and you have to force yourself not to roll your eyes. Max laughs seeing the concentration on your face. "Anyway, we would have had a nice dinner, walk on the beach, then we would have come back here, and I would have kissed you goodnight at the door."

"Really? Just a kiss goodnight?" You ask trying not to sound sassy.

Max just nods taking another slice of pizza, "what can I say I'm a gentleman."

"Well then I think this date was much better. We've kissed more than once, we've seen each other naked, and your fingers were inside of me earlier, so I'm counting that as a win. Even if you have left me sexually frustrated two nights in a row now."

"Keep it up, you're going to make it a third." Max says taking a bite of pizza and you narrow your eyes at him wondering if he's actually serious. You grab another slice of pizza pushing those thoughts away and turn on the TV flipping to some Adam Sandler movie that neither of you really care about.

Sometime later you hear a knock on your door.

"Yes?" you say turning down the volume on the TV, peeling yourself from Max's chest.

"We're done here for the night. Someone will be by tomorrow morning to install the new door."

You climb out of bed, opening and closing the door quickly behind you to make sure Max isn't seen. You walk to the living room speechless as it looks like it never happened, everything spotless.

"Everything looks spotless, amazing, thank you all so much." You say grateful.

"Of course, Ms. Hunt, have a good night."

You walk them to the front door and make sure you lock it behind them after they leave. You walk back to your bedroom turning the lights off as you go. Opening your bedroom door, you look around confused when you don't see Max in bed, the pizza box where you left it.

"Max?" you say looking around.

"Bathroom," he yells, and you sigh climbing into bed taking a sip of water.

"I had to pee so bad that entire time," Max says laughing and you laugh along with him. "So new door needed eh?"

"Yeah, someone decided to kick it off of it's hinges and now it's all warped. They've put temporary hinges in place but there will be a new door coming tomorrow morning."

"Let me know the cost and I'll send you money," Max says crawling back into bed with you.

"Oh please, we both know I don't pay for that kind of stuff." Max stares at you sending you a warning.

"How about you take me out for dinner tomorrow night instead?" You suggest.

"Okay." Max says smiling softly. "Should I expect more ex-boyfriends to show up trying to kill you or are we done with that now?" He says nudging you jokingly.

"Oh god, I hope it was just the one. Otherwise, I may just have to keep you around." You say smiling and Max tilts his head like he's considering it. Max finishes off the rest of the pizza and the two of you settle into bed watching the movie. You yawn feeling the exhaustion from the day hit you.

"Tired princess?" Max asks softly and you nod. "How about you go brush your teeth and I'll stay with you until you fall asleep."

"Or you could stay the night." You say timidly. "There's a guest bedroom down the hall or couches if you really want. I just... I would feel a lot better if I wasn't alone tonight." You say looking down at your hands. Max tilts your chin up with his hand to meet his gaze.

"If you want something princess ask."

You take a deep breath, hating feeling this vulnerable. "Will you stay with me tonight?"

"Of course," Max says leaning down placing a soft kiss on your lips. You smile and climb out of bed heading to the bathroom.

"There's a spare toothbrush in here if you want to brush your teeth," you say before putting your toothbrush in your mouth.

"Expecting me to stay over tonight were you?" Max says coming to stand next to you grabbing the toothbrush.

You spit into the sink, "my friend Cass was supposed to come back from the club with me last night, but she took some guy home instead." You say putting the toothbrush back into your mouth.

"What ever happened to sisters before misters?" Max says putting the tooth brush in his mouth.

You laugh spitting and rinsing off your toothbrush, "doesn't count if you're trying to get laid, especially after more than a month. Then it's every sister for herself."

Max stops brushing he teeth and looks at you taking the tooth brush out of his mouth momentarily, "it's been more than a month?"

You rinse out your mouth and kiss his check, "it's been a long six months," you whisper into his ear, and you see his icy eyes turn a darker shade of lustful blue.

He takes the toothbrush out of his mouth, rinsing it off and setting it next to yours before rinsing out his mouth. He picks you up and sets you on the counter, standing between your legs and you drape your arms loosely around his neck.

"Are you telling me that it's been six months since you've been fucked?" Max asks sternly.

"Mhmmmm... and I just killed the last guy who did."

"You're making it very difficult for me not to just turn you around and fuck you senseless." Max says kissing down your neck.

Fuck yes.

"Believe me I would love nothing more... But" you say, and Max's head shoots up to look at you. "Like you said last night, I'm not sober, and I'm not begging you... yet." You kiss his cheek at his stunned expression and hop off the counter crawling back into bed. Max stands in the bathroom for a moment, trying to decide if he's mad or turned on by your remark. He walks back into your bedroom, both of those emotions fade as he sees you already sound asleep.

Fuck, what is she doing to me.

.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 148 5
Charles woke up with a pounding headache and a pain in his lower back and noticed this wasn't his room and someone was in the bed next to him Lookin...
2.1K 36 13
Mackenzie Verstappen has worked hard to create her dream life and she truly has it all - all except the knowledge of her true identity. She grew up...
6.3K 127 9
Their Fathers built entire legacies in Formula One - She's the daughter of the cunning, yet whole-hearted, Lewis Hamilton, while he's the son of his...
2.3M 83.4K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...