Consequences ( Book 3 in the...

Galing kay Island12spice

This is book 3 in the Hijacked of Innocence series. This is not a stand alone book and should be read in s... Higit pa

Introduction
Chapter 2. Life Catches Up
Chapter 1. Loose Ends
Chapter 3. Life Happens
Chapter 4. TICK TICK TICK
Chapter 5. Boom!!!
Chapter 7. War of The Willbrooks
Chapter 8. Eric 3.0
Chapter 6. Nothing But The Truth
Chapter 10. Willbrooks vs Willbrooks
Chapter 11. The Brawl
Chapter 12. Life - A GAME OF CHESS?
Chapter 9. Deal Or No Deal
Chapter 13. Some Sexual Healing
Chapter 14. Destiny
Chapter 15 Love or Control?
Chapter 16. Love is Not Enough
Chapter 17. Love Hurts
Chapter 18. The Limit
Chapter 19. What's Next?
Chapter 21. The Gala
Chapter 22. The Gala - Part 2
Chapter 23. Sunrise
Chapter 25. Poking The Bear
Chapter 20. Always Home
Chapter 26. Island Standards
Chapter 27. All About Jess
Chapter 28. Brotherly Love
Chapter 24. The Alien Visits
Chapter 29. Then Face to Face
Chapter 30. Unlikely Partnership
Chapter 31. The Pursuit
Chapter 32. Only Magic
Chapter 33. A little More Magic
Chapter 34. The Choice
Chapter 35. "Say Something"
Chapter 36. A Heart to Heart
Chapter 37. Spill It
Chapter 38. Are We Done?
Chapter 39. Perception
CHAPTER 40. TONE DEAF?
CHAPTER 41. Truth or Dare
Chapter 42. Truth
Chapter 43. THIS NIGHT
Chapter 44. This Night-Tanya's POV
Chapter 45. HOPE
Chapter 46. MY HERO
Chapter 47. Trick or Treat.
Chapter 48. Life Little Things
Chapter 49. Haunted
Chapter 50. Her Move.
Chapter 51. No She Didn't
Chapter 52. The Wish
Chapter 53. Help!
Chapter 55. The Unravelling
Chapter 56. Under Their Noses
Chapter 57. The Secret Safe
Chapter 58. Silent Night
Chapter 59. Mila
Chapter 60. Only Jah Knows
Chapter 61. Fingers Cross All
Chapter 62. Her Father's Daughter
Chapter 63. Another Hiccup
Chapter 64. Love is Not Enough
CHAPTER 65. REAL IS REAL
Chapter 66. REAL is REAL part 2
Chapter 67. Paradise Lost???
Chapter 68. My Purple Pain
Chapter 69: Only You
Epilogue: All About Her

Chapter 54. The Big Reveal

39 7 69
Galing kay Island12spice

 Lloyd teased Eric as the two drove along.  "You are really scared of Tanya, aren't you?"

"I am not scared of her.  I am just grateful for the peace and quiet in my life and I dont want to get back to that place where we were."

"But having to explain your every move to her tells me that you two are still not at a place where I would call stable.  Looks to me like she still doesn't trust your ass."

"Call it any fucking thing you like.  Me telling her that I am going to see my uncle and that I will be late coming home  shows respect.  I would expect the same from her." Eric defended himself

Eric and Lloyd arrived at Linden's compound later that evening.  Linden greeted the two brothers.  "Welcome, welcome to my humble abode." Eric smiled. There was nothing humble about Linden's home.  He lived above sea level in a  sprawling ten thousand sq feet house flanked by several small cabin like structures where his security resided.  It was like a fortress. No one could get in or get out without  him knowing.  Not even the police could enter his compound without permission from Linden.  

Linden hugged each brother.  He didn't have to ask why they were there.  He knew.  He asked if they were hungry.  They both nodded no.  

Linden smiled.  "I was thinking about you just a while ago Eric.  Rick told me that he fired you and I thought  how fitting for what I have in mind for you." 

Eric looked at his uncle.  "What? Dont even think it. I am not doing that." 

"Chill Aya.  That couldn't be farther from what I have in mind."

"Then what?" 

"You are young,  bright well educated, you love people; you are empathetic."

"Get on with it," Eric prompted.

"There is an election coming up. We dont have any Willbrooks in the government to speak of. Run for Prime Minister of the island." Linden said.

"Me? 

"Yea you, then we would fucking own the island." Linden said.

"You already own the island." Eric responded.

 "Let's make it all legal." 

  "I dont know about that Uncle Linden.  I am too rough around the edges for that.  I tend to say what is on my mind and not what  is  politically correct." 

"We will talk more about that.  let's go to my office.  Judging by the look on your faces this visit  is about  business and not pleasure."

They made their way towards Linden's office, Linden leading the way, followed by Eric and then Lloyd." 

They were intercepted by some of  Linden's brood... one of whom was Stephanie.  The little girl ran straight for Eric.  She stood in Eric's path stopping him in his tracks.  She was a heart stoppingly  beautiful little girl.  Her long curly jet black  hair hung loosely  down her back.  Eric was caught off guard by her boldness.  But that was not  what  froze him to the spot.  She reminded him of someone.  'Fuck, Lloyd is right, she is the spitting image of  Sahita as a girl.'  He could see the portrait  of his mother in his mind among  the family portraits  that lined the  wall off the sitting room in his childhood home.  

'Do I even need to see what is in that envelope? The proof is standing right in front of me.' 

She stood in front of Eric blocking his entrance into Linden's office.  The three men stopped.  Stephanie looked up at Eric and without saying a word held up both arms in a gesture to Eric to pick her up.  The trio looked at each other.   Linden seeing how uncomfortable Eric was quickly came to the rescue.  

"Kids, Daddy needs to do some business with Uncle Eric and Uncle Lloyd. Go play or watch TV." he told the children.  They all took off ... all that is except Stephanie.  She stood in front of  Eric with her arms still held up and eyes locked onto him waiting for him to pick her up.  

"Steph did you hear what Daddy said?" Linden sternly asked the little girl.  

Stephanie  made a face and her lips turned up into a frown and Eric knew that she was about to cry.  He quickly picked her up.  "It's ok,"  he told Linden.  The little girl wrapped her tiny arms around Eric's neck and burried her face into the crook of his neck, much the same way Ericka often do when she was upset.  Eric held her for a little while before Linden stepped in again.

"Ok Stephanie that is enough, say goodbye to your uncle Eric.   Go play with your brothers and sisters.  I have work to do with your uncles.  Put her down Eric." Linden firmly told Eric.    Eric put the girl down and Stephanie ran off to find her siblings, but she kept looking back at Eric and waved goodbye to him.

The three men entered Linden's office and closed the door.  Lloyd blew out a sigh as if he was holding his breath for a while.  "A drink would be nice right about now," He said.  Eric was obviously shaken up by the interaction with Stephanie. 

"I am sorry about that.  She is always curious about Eric but today was different.  She has never done that before.  I dont know what  got into her." Linden apologized. 

"It's as if she knew why Eric is here." Lloyd said. 

Linden looked at Lloyd annoyed at his utterances.  "Are you saying that the four year child  is psychic now?" 

Linden pulled out a bottle of island white rum and three glasses.  "I think you are right about one thing, we can all use a drink."

"Uncle Linden she calls you Daddy,  so you are raising her as your own child?  I had no idea that was the case." Lloyd said

"How else was I suppose to raise her?  I never wanted her to feel left out  in any way  like she is different from any of the other kids.  She is not a boarder.  Imogene and I are raising her.  I thought  that was the agreement." Linden said looking at Eric.

"Yes that was the agreement and still is.  I am grateful that you and Imogene are raising her as one of yours." Eric said. 

Lloyd gulped down his drink and held out his glass for another.  "Is it me or does any of you see how strinkingly similar  her looks are to Sahita inspite of her age? Her hair, her eyes and that  birth mark? It is fucking creepy."

Linden looked at Eric.  "I would be lying if I said that I didn't notice her resemblance to your mother, but only what is in the envelope will deccide if she is yours." 

Eric was unusually quiet as Lloyd took the lead talking to their uncle.  Lloyd rubbed his hands together.  "Ok then lets get this show on the road.  We dont want Eric to get in trouble for getting home late." Lloyd teased his brother.  

"Cut the bull shit.  Uncle Linden, do you have that envelope with Stephanie's paternity tests here? "  

"Right over there in that safe locked away.  Are you ready to find out if she is yours?"

"Yes, I am taking your advice to tell Tanya about what happened to me.  But I need to know If Stephanie is mine before I tell her.  I dont want to admit to something  I dont know for sure, but after seeing her just now, I am not sure that is even necessary."

 "What do you mean that it is not necessary? I totally agree that you should find out if she is yours regardless of who she looks like."

"Well look at her.  She has to be mine.  How else would she look so like my mother?" 

  "Look son let's not jump the gun here.  Just a few months ago you weren't even sure if Sahita was your mother.  Do we even know if she is? The verdict is still out on that one.  Regarding Steph, the evidence is a few feet away.  Why wouldn't  you want to see it?" 

Eric nodded his head in agreement.  "Ok lets see it then."

 "I need to say something before we open it or you open it."

"Go ahead and say what you need to say. Take as much time as you need. " Eric said.

"Now who is bullshitting?" Lloyd laughed.

"Will you fucking stop already? I asked you to come with me for support not to fucking rile me up."

Linden cleared his throat  which was a sign for the brothers to stop with the squabbling.  "Look , I just want to say that regardless of what is revealed here today, Stephanie is welcome to stay here with me and Imogene as part of our family.  As a matter of fact I dont believe it would be in Stephanie's best interest  to move her from here for any reason.  She is my daughter, Imogene has been a mother to her.  We have all accepted her as such so there is no need to make any changes now or in the near future." 

"I have no plans to remove her.  Where the fuck would I take her anyway? She stays here with you." 

                                                                                       ************

Linden retrieved a set of keys from his drawer and got up from his oversized mahognony desk.  He  walked over to the safe enclosed in a closet.  He came back with the familiar envelope and dropped it on the desk.  He pushed it towards Eric.  

"As you can see the seal is not broken.  Go ahead open it."  

The two brothers looked at each other.  "Want me to open it Lloyd asked?"

Eric nodded yes.  Lloyd ripped open the envelope, pulled out the contents  and read it.  He knitted up his brows as if something didn't make sense.  "I don't get this." he said.

"Get what? What the fuck does it say?"  Eric asked anxiously.

Lloyd dropped the paper on the desk and got up.  He looked disturbed by what he read.

Eric reached for the paper.  He read it over and over but couldn't make sense of what he was reading  and he too got up paced the room.  "What the fuck?"

Linden was agitated by the brothers as he looked from one to the other.  "Will one of you fucking say something? You are acting as if you just found out that the kid is an alien from another planet."

"She might as well be." Lloyd said. 

Linden picked up the paper and read the content.  He read it again. He rubbed his face as he  tried to digest what he was seeing.

"Get your asses over here." he shouted at Eric and Lloyd.

"How is that even possible?" Lloyd asked.

"I have no answer for you.  There has to be some mistake or a reasonable explanation.  We will have the tests repeated. Ok?" He asked looking at Eric who seemed  to be dumb.  He had no words.  

Eric finally found his voice.  "But she looks exactly like my mother." 

Eric looked at Lloyd.  Something else was not making sense to him.  Stephanie's Mother.  His mind was going a mile per minute.  It was one betrayal after the other.  He didn't hear his Uncle calling him.  

"Eric? Eric?! he shouted.   

Lloyd elbowed Eric .  "What?"  Eric asked.

"He is talking to you Aya."  

Linden took charge because Eric was still in a daze.  "I know this is a mystery.  I personally believe that there could be a mistake.  We are not going to get any answers tonight.  We have to get you and Stephanie tested again before we speculate." 

"I would prefer if we use a different lab than the previous one.  I would prefer if we could get it done in the states if at all possible.  That would mean getting a passport for  Staphanie.  Can you check your  mother's house for a birth certificate for Steph?"  Linden continued. 

Eric did not want to go to his childhood house.  It would  dredge up too much pain. "Mint is at the house.  I will ask her to look around the house for it.  Maybe that will shed some light on what we found here." Eric said.  He was in shock.  

**************

  @KissMyLovelyFace  you mentioned that you were thinking something.  What do you think was uncovered in that envelope? There are still a lot of unanswered questions.  :)

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.2K 262 18
Ever heard of the saying 'Be Careful What You Wish For' but never thought anything bad could happen to you? Well, Callie, or Cal as people called her...
140K 1.8K 23
WARNING: This book was written when I was a lot younger. It is the most embarrassing thing I have ever done, and many times I have considered deletin...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
1.5K 153 37
(Sequel to "Don't judge a book by it's cover) Ever since the previous adventure, the 4 sons parted ways. They were going on their own journeys. Adam...