Mission With The Enemy

By h034e2l

~ Nirah Avani Grey She's a skilled assassin who works under the name Ava. She is on the hunt for the person w... More

Info + Warnings
Aesthsetics
1 - Call
2 - Hate
3 - Contract
4 - Room 140
5 - Towels
6 - Blood Bath
7 - Wounded
8 - Babysitters
9 - Stripclub
10 - Dead Man
11 - Ex
12 - Panic
13 - Nightmare
14 - Talk
15 - Alexander Dean
16 - Betrayed
17 - Hurt
18 - Father
19 - Tension
20 - Kiss
21 - Answers
22 - Trust
23 - Madly in
24 - Please Sir
25 - Yours
26 - Beg
28 - Hospital
29 - Home
Epilogue

27 - Love til Death

6.5K 116 141
By h034e2l

As we're laying there I can't stop thinking about my feelings for him.

I love him.

I love Lucien Aresius Valentino.

I've never been in love with anyone before and it's scary. Especially because I have no clue what Lucien's feelings are towards me. Maybe I'm just just a way to pass the time for him.

But he told me he's mine and I'm his.

What does that even mean for him? I hope it means he's not going to leave me. I hope it means we have eachother for as long as we are both breathing. I hope it means I can continue waking up beside him every morning and falling asleep beside him every night.

I hope it means he loves me too.

"What's wrong love?" Lucien whispers pulling me from my thoughts, he leaves a gentle kiss on my neck.

"Hm?"

"I can practically hear your brain working. What are you thinking about?" He asks.

"It's nothing," I say biting my lip.

"Don't do that baby. Don't lie to me, you know you can tell me anything," he says.

I bite my lip nervously before I talk. "What happens after all this is over Lucien? When the mission is done," I ask.

He stays quiet for a moment, the only thing I can hear is our faint breaths. "You want to know what I hope happens?" He says after a while.

I nod and hug his arm tighter.

"I hope you'll stick with me, I hope you won't leave me. I want to spend every moment I have with you," he says. My heart beat speeds up and I can't bring myself to say anything. "My heart belongs to you Nirah. Even if you don't want it, it'll be yours forever," Lucien says.

This is the most vulnerable I've ever seen him. He's opening up to me. Admitting his feelings, hoping I won't break them.

"You mean it?" I whisper slightly in shock, I can bearly hear my voice through the thumb of my heartbeat ringing in my ears.

Suddenly a loud alarm goes off cutting off any thoughts. I think it might be in my imagination for a minute before Lucien quickly sits up, I follow after him.

I notice the T.V in the corner of room turn on. It flashes white a few times before the houses CCTV comes on the screen.

There's soldiers outside the house, masses of them hop out of vans kitted with guns.

It's Angelos men.

The Silencer has found us.

"Shit!" Lucien shouts he gets off the bed and runs to his bag. I get up us to and run to him. He pulls out my clothes and hands them to me, I take them and put them on as quick as I can while he puts on his.

He takes out two guns and gives me one and I grab a knife too. I hear the front door being knocked down and look to Lucien.

"Nirah. You need to get out of here, go through the window and run, I'll stay here and keep them back for a little while," he says holding my face in urgency.

I shove him off of me, "Are you fucking crazy?" I whisper shout. "You'll die Lucien. I'm staying with you."

"I can't loose you too Nirah," he says. "I can't," he whispers.

"We either both go or we both stay Lucien. I'm not loosing you either," I say angrily.

I hear footsteps running through the house and they're getting closer. "God damn it," Lucien shouts slamming his fist on the wall.

I look at the CCTV on the screen there's men around the whole building. "We won't get away, our only chance is to stay and fight," I say.

He looks back at me as he gains his control again. He's focused, like he usually is in a mission. This time there's a little more in his eyes though. This isn't the same kind of cool, confident focus he usually has. He looks prepared to do anything.

If he does something stupid I'm going to murder his dumb ass.

"You need to stay next to me at all times okay? We stick together," he says.

I nod and we both get up against the wall, at opposite sides of the door, with our guns ready as we hear men getting closer.

There's a lot of them. I don't think we're going to be making it out. Not this time.

I'm not afraid of death, but for the first time in my life I'm afraid I'm not going to be here to live.

To really live, not just survive like I've been doing.

The only thing I've had to live for since my parents died was my revenge against Angelo, the Silencer.

That's what fed me and kept me alive.

That thing has changed now. I'm no longer fueled by my need for revenge. I look at Lucien and he's already staring at me.

He seems strangely calm now.

"You do whatever you need to do to get out of here. Do you understand that, Nirah? I don't know what he wants but whatever happens you need to get out," Lucien says.

The men are only seconds from finding us.

"You're scaring me Lucien. Please don't do something stupid."

"I'm not going to do anything stupid love," he assures me. He nods, a silent way of asking me if I'm ready. I nod back and then the door flies open.

The room fills with armed men and my brain automatically goes into auto pilot.

Blood splatters all over the room, which lay peaceful only moments ago.

I don't think any of it is mine or Lucien's but I'm too high on adrenaline to realise.

I shoot a few of the men before my gun is knocked out of my hand. I take my knife and start to use it as I fight the swarm around me.

I kick a now dead man off me before I spin around and fight another one. A lot of them have riot gear on so it's harder to cut them in the right places.

I've learned to work around that though.

I block a punch coming at my head then stab the side of his throat, blood springs out and he falls into the sea of body's.

As I move to the next soldier my eyes land on Lucien. He's okay still. Fighting the men that are appearing from the door.

I kick the next man in his side and it makes him stumble so I kick him backwards.

I reach for an abandoned gun on the floor but the man swipes my legs and I fall to the floor.

I reach for the gun again but I'm pulled away from it by my ankle. I kick back and hit the man's face as hard as I can making him let go before I crawl forwards again. I reach the gun, spin around then shoot him.

I hear a loud crack and look up to see a man's head sitting funny on his body before he falls and I see Lucien standing behind him.

He locks eyes with me and runs over. I get up and he puts a protective arm around me and guide me out the door with him.

We run through the hallway, seeing a few men who we shoot.

We're about to turn a corner when I hear another gun shot go off behind us and I feel a pain in my thigh. Another one goes off and I look down with hazy eyes to see that it's not a regular bullet.

It's a liquid sedative of some sort.

My ears ring and I look to Lucien to see one stuck in his should before the noice all blends together and my eyes go black.

--♤♡◇♧-♤♡◇♧-♤♡◇♧-♤♡◇♧--

I slowly regain consciousness, my senses coming back to me.

I try to raise my arm but it won't move.

I tune into the noise around me and I hear chains rattling like they're being pulled hard.

Then I hear a chuckle. It's deep like Lucien's and it gives me hope for a moment before I realise it's not him. This one's to cold and horse to be him.

"It's pathetic really. I thought I raised my son better than to fall for the false sense of love," I know that voice, it's Angelo.

"Just fucking let her go. You can do anything you want to me." Lucien.

"Where's the fun in that son? I know you can take physical pain... but you always were a sensitive bastard. Cared to much about irrelevant people," Angelo tuts.

I hear a laugh of disbelief come from infront of me, "What? I cared to much about the shit you did to my mother? Your fucking wife," Lucien sneers.

Someone shifts to beside me, "I would watch your language boy."

I hear another few rattles of chains and metal from where Luciens voice is, "Don't you lay a fucking finger on her."

There's another deep chuckle from behind me, "What are you going to do boy? You never could stop me. Not then and not now." There's more metal clanging, even harder than before and my eyes slowly start to flutter open. "You're not getting out Lucien," Angelo says.

My eyes open fully and I squint as I'm hit with the light of a single bulb.

We're in a bare, cement cell. Lucien is about 5 feet infront of me tied to a chair with his hands locked to the ground by metal chains. Legs duck-taped. I'm in the same position.

Lucien looks at me with worried eyes.

A hand comes down from behind me and grabs my jaw hard. "Ah, little Nirah Grey. Finally here to join us."

"Get your fucking hands off her!" Lucien shouts as he pulls on the chains again.

I get back to near full consciousness and pull my face away from Angelo's hand.

"Always were a bit of a fiesty one," Angelo tuts behind me. "We'll see how that works out for you."

He moves around behind me and I here him scrape sharp metal over metal.

"Don't! Let her go. I'll do anything you want me to. Let her go," Lucien pleads as he tugs hard on his chains.

"Lucien," I say softly, making him look at me. "It's okay."

He looks at me with emotion welling behind his eyes and he slightly shakes his head to the side.

"I wanted you to join me again son," Angelo says and I hear his footsteps come behind me, "I was going to kill her to eliminate your weakness, but I'm no foolish man. I'm afraid you're too far gone. So I'm going to have my fun... then kill the both of you," he says the last bit chuckling.

A knife appears at the side of my face, the sharp side glides fown the side of my face, drawing blood.

"Don't. Please," Lucien says.

"You're pathetic Lucien. Are you begging me to spare her? Love is an allusion. All it does is make you weak," Angelo says.

He walks to my side and makes a large gash on my thigh. I try to stop any signs of my pain, I don't want to give the dickhead the satisfaction.

Lucien pulls on his chains again, desperately trying to tug them free.

"It's quite ironic really, you two meeting each other," Angelo says. He walks in between us waving the bloody knife. "I mean my own son and the run away daughter of a rival I killed on the same night as my wife, both plotting to kill me," he chuckles. "You know Nirah, your parents were good at what they did. But they shouldn't have fucking gotten involved in my buissnes."

"The fuck are you talking about?" I ask, I keep my voice calm as I glare at him.

"Since you're about to die I might as well tell you the truth of your life," Angelo shrugs. "I knew the name Grey my whole life. Buissnes partners of my family, but your idiot of a father pulled out as soon as he took over. We fought over some things blah blah blah... but we minded our own buissnes for the most part." My family was involved in all this?

"Then one night I find out he stole one of my big shipments, so I flew over to Scotland with some of my men. I had a hard time locating them until I found out my own wife had been sneaking out to your fucking house," he continues.

"Apparently they were going to help her and you get away from me," Angelo says turning to Lucien and putting the knife under his throat.

"So I go over there and kill them but of course Mia just had to get involved," he says angrily. He slashes the knife down Lucien's arm but he doesn't react.

Lucien glares up at him, "You're a fucking bastard," he says, he keeps his voice a even tone. "Weak man too. What, do you have to knock us out and chain us up to be able to fight us?" Lucien smirks.

Angelo throws his hand out and punches Lucien in the side of the face. Luciens head is forces to the side but he looks back at him smirking, blood trickles down the side of his face.

"You know I'm not some little kid anymore Angelo. You're scared of me," Lucien says.

Angelo takes the knife and cuts down his side. Lucien tenses but he doesn't let the expression on his face change.

He's provoking him so he'll keep hurting him instead of me.

"Stop it!" I shout when Angelo punches him again. Lucien looks back at me with a pleading look, asking me to stop interfering. "Rot in fucking hell Angelo," I say as he turns to look at me.

He chuckles, "You're going to be going there before me beautiful. Tell me how it is," he says as he walks towards me.

I hear a tare and the next thing I know Lucien is sweaping Angelos legs, making him fall over. Angelo drops the knife and it falls at Lucien's feet. He kicks it and it slides across the floor to underneath my seat.

Angelo makes a sound of displeasure from falling and turns to Lucien again.

If I could kick the knife into my hands maybe I could force the chains loose around my wrists.

It takes a couple tries but I eventually get my legs loose. I feel under the chair with my feet and when I feel the knife I kick it up into my outstretched fingers, I catch it but a part of the blade cuts into my hand and I bite my cheek to stop me from making a noice.

Angelo walks forward and starts punching Lucien again. I want to stop him but I can't until I get my hands free.

I move the knife so it's in-between my wrists and the chain then I start moving it about to try and slip my hands out.

This would be so much easier if it were rope.

The blade of the knife cuts my palm again and I accidentally let out a whimper.

Lucien hears it and look at me for a moment before he looks back in at Angelo and smirks at him, "You're weak as fuck father, is that all you got left old man?" He says to him.

I can basically see the steam coming from Angelo's head and he punches Lucien again.

My hands slip out slightly but then gets stuck again. I use the knife to help me keep the chain in a good shape so I can try get one hand out. I wiggle it up until one hand slips free.

I look back at Angelo and Lucien. Lucien has blood dripping from various parts of his head, his eye is swollen, but he's still trying to provoke Angelo.

I quietly get up and turn around so I can slip my other hand out and gently set the chains on the ground. I grip it with a cut part of my hand and I accidentally let go of the chains. They drop to the floor with a loud noice and both men turn their heads to look at me.

Angelo makes a move for me but I dodge him and run to grab a gun from the weapon trolly behind me.

I get my hands on a pistol but I feel a tug on my opposite hand, it makes me spin around and Angelo tries to punch me.

I free my hand from his grip and drop down sweeping his leg. He doesn't fall, only stumbles a bit. I stand back to my full height and try to hit him with the barrel of the gun but he catches my wrist and grips it hard.

It makes the gun drop to the floor, catching on my cuts as it is forced from my hand. "Fucking bastard," I say.

I hear another tug in Luciens chains, "Nirah just get out of here, please."

He must be dumber than I thought if he thinks I could just leave him here.

I throw a punch with my other hand and it hits Angelo in the face. He's alot bigger than me, nearly the same build as Lucien, only older and slightly fatter.

His head swivels but only for a second before he looks back at me, before he can do anything I try to knee him but he moves away and I miss.

I reach down for the gun again, I grab it but Angelo kicks my wounded leg and I fall over.

He tries to kick me again but I roll over avoiding it, I get back to my feet and click the safety off the gun pointing it at him.

A bunch of alarms go off and I hear faint shouting from above us, I block it out and fire the gun but he hits my arm making the bullet hit him in the calf instead of the heart.

He growels in pain and grips my wrist, spining me around and forcing me against him with the gun to my head. I try to elbow him but it doesn't work.

He chuckles and turns us to face Lucien, "really is a feisty one you got, aye? Shame you'll have to watch her die."

Lucien looks desperate. Despite being beat up his body pulls at the chains with massive force. "Let her go. You can do anything to me. Kill me. Hell, I'll work for you. Just let her go and I'll do anything."

Shots come from upstairs and I feel Angelo's grip losen ever so slightly, he's distracted enough that I can throw my hips back and get out of his grip.

I turn to face him again but he has the gun pointed directly at me, "maybe now you can see your deadbeat parents," he sneers.

Angelo steady's the gun at my head. I close my eyes as I see his finger slowly tighten on the trigger.

I hear Lucien tug a few times on his chains again, this time is different though. I hear them fall to the floor then the shot goes off from Angelo's gun.

I brace myself for it to hit me but it never does. I open my eyes again and see Lucien drop to the ground. "No!" I scream, dropping to my knees and holding his face.

His eyes go in and out of focus looking at me.

I look back up at Angelo and he's stumbling trying to aim the gun at me. I get up and punch him then I grab the pistol for his hand.

I aim it at his head and shoot a bullet straight through his skull. I've been waiting for this moment for years but now it seems like nothing, like the smallest thing that has ever happened to me.

All I can thunk about is Lucien.

I drop to the floor next to him again and hot tears poor out my eyes. The bullet hit his upper torso and I put pressure on it to try and stop the bleeding.

"Stay with me Lucien please," I cry, "you-you can't die. I can't do this with out you. You're okay, you're going to be okay," I choke out.

"Nirah," he says.

"You'll be fine Lucien, please," I sob, his blood coats my hand, mixing with my tears. It drips down onto the floor as I try desperately to stop it.

I can't lose him too.

I love him.

He can't die.

He can't die.

He can't die.

"Love, look at me," he whispers.

I sniffle and look into his eyes, I keep one hand over his wound and lift the other one to hold his face. "You can't die Lucien," I choke through my tears.

"I love you," Lucien says.

I cry even harder, "No, no you're going to say that to me when you're better Lucien. You're going to say that to me when you're better."

The shots are getting less but I can hear men running around. Getting closer to us.

"Love, I'm not-" He cuts himself off and coughs, a bit of blood comes from his mouth.

"No. No. No. No. You have to stay with me Lucien," I say gently hitting his face.

"Nirah I love you," he says again, struggling to breathe.

Tears flow from my face and hit him on the neck. "No. No," I sob, "Lucien you're not going to die. Say the to me when you're better. You're going to tell me when you're awake again," I say frantically trying to save him.

His eyes go out of focus and his body relaxes slightly, "No!" I scream through my tears. "Stay awake Lucien. Stay awake for me, I need you," I say tapping his face over and over.

His eyes go back into focus again, looking at me before they fall shut.

I scream again through my sobs, "help me!" I shout. "Please Lucien stay with me," I sob as I keep my hands on his wounds.

The door to the cell is bust open and in runs some of Black's men, but it's too late.

He isn't breathing anymore.

A/N

I'm sorry...

Sort of.

But it's not over just yet my loves, keep reading 🤭

Thoughts or predictions? -->

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 47K 44
Gianna Destructive. Viscous. Malicious. A monster. Ace Allister. A murderer and sinner in my eyes and nothing but an opportunity in my father's. Ace...
3.1K 762 92
What if you had to pay not to post on your social media, in an effort to keep the privacy of your thoughts? The same thoughts, if released, make you...
50.2K 1.7K 64
He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional use. One wrong turn -literally- and ever...