28 - Hospital

I don't know how long it's been or what happened but all I can hear is a steady beeping sound

I don't know how long it's been or what happened but all I can hear is a steady beeping sound. The noise is quitet but it takes up all the space in my head.

I want to open my eyes.

Speak.

Do something.

But I can't.

The only thing awake is my mind and it's torture.

I'm not sure if I'm dead or alive.

I hope Nirah is okay.

I think she killed Angelo, but I was to out of it to be sure. I hope she made it out of there safe.

When I was chained up and he was hurting her it was the most fear I've ever felt. It was similar to what I felt when he would hurt my mother, that's the only other time I've ever really felt fear.

But this time I couldn't do a single thing and I felt helplessness like I never have before.

I couldn't survive without Nirah.

If she died I would go right after her.

She's the only person who has ever made me feel alive. Not just like I was existing but I was actually living.

"Lucien," I hear. Nirah. I can't tell if it's just in my imagination or if she's really with me.

I try, but I can't talk back to her.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but it's over, Angelo is dead and so is the rest of his mafia," she says, it sounds soft. Like she's far away from me. The beeps get quieter in my head as I focus on her voice.

I want to get to her.

I hear a sniffle, "Please come back to me Lucien. It's been 3 weeks. I tell you this everyday incase you start hearing me someday, Angelo's dead. Your mother and my parents can hopefully rest easy," she says.

I want to tell her I'm awake, that I can hear her but my body is frozen.

I feel a squeeze on my hand.

"You're a good man Lucien. Even if you don't think you are sometimes, I do. Your mother would too, she would be so proud of you," Nirah says.

"I'm sleeping in here with you everyday. You're never alone." Then I hear a faint giggle. Fuck, I love her so much. "The doctors told me I wasn't allowed but Black threatened them, so I can do whatever I want now. He cares about you Lucien, I know you care about him too. He somehow found our location and took his men to raid the place, that's what the commotion above us was."

I do care about Black. He's almost like a father for me.

I feel a wet drop on the hand she's holding and she sniffles again. "You weren't breathing when the medics came. You're a dickhead for scaring me like that, you shouldn't have took the bullet for me. But thank you, and also... fuck you," she says, I hear a giggle at the last part but it comes out more like a sob.