6 - Blood Bath

At around 5 I walk back through the hotel doors and make my way back to our room

At around 5 I walk back through the hotel doors and make my way back to our room. I reach the door and use the key card to get in.

Lucien is laying on the bed with his upper half leaning against the headboard, he looks up when he hears me come in.

"Hey asshole, you've not just been laying down all day have you?" I ask as I close the door.

"No love, I was doing something actually useful for us while you were just out prancing around town." Why's he always call me that. Love.

I walk over and sit crisscross on the end of the bed next to him. Lucien's taking up all the room with his big ass body so I tickle the back of his knee to get him to move over. He doesn't laugh or move, he just looks pissed off at me.

I sigh, "And what is this 'oh so useful' thing Valentino?"

"I've found the location of the marina we have to go to tonight. I organised one of Black's men to drive us, it's about 20 minutes away. He's coming to pick us up in 10 minutes so we'll be able to scope out the area before the Silencer's men arrive at 6:30."

"10 minutes? Lucien what if I wasn't back in time!"

"I was kind of hoping for that actually, I could have gone myself," he says. I go to slap him on the thigh, but he catches my hand before I can.

"I'm serious Lucien," I say glaring at him, but his warm hand is still keeping a firm grip on my cold one. It makes me flush and I try to tug it back but he doesn't let go.

"So am I," he replies.

"Let go of my hand."

"Your not going to hit me again are you, brat?"

"Only if you keep being a dick." He lets go of my hand and the sudden loss of warmth makes me shiver slightly. "Give me your phone. I'm putting my number in so you can tell me things like this," I demand and get up to look for his phone.

"I have your number already," he says. What?

I look at him for a moment to see if he's joking or not, "What do you mean you have it already, Valentino?" I ask. I've never given it to him.

"I mean I have it already," he says. I give him a pointed look and he rolls his eyes and stands up too, "I found it a couple years ago after you fucking broke into my office."

"You found me?" I ask.

"Go get ready Nirah, we have to go down to the lobby in 10 minutes." He pushes past me ignoring my question.

If he got my number I know he found my location too. If he really did think I was snooping in his office he would have at least tried to kill me.

Yes, I've seen him a few times since that day but it was never expected. If he had my location he would have had time to plan how to kill me. So why didn't he?