7 - Wounded

"Shit Lucien, what happened," I say rushing over to him

He grunts in pain and throws his head back against the car, "I'm fine, a bullet just grazed my side."

"You don't look fine," I say. He's struggling to stay standing so I put one of his arms over my shoulders and I put one around his back to help him stay up.

"I don't need your help Nirah."

"Oh so you're just going to walk back to the car all by yourself Valentino?" I scoff.

"Ye-"

"Don't. Just let me help you." I cut him off from saying whatever idiotic thing was about to come out his mouth.

I start helping him walk back to where one of Black's drivers is waiting for us. It's takes us a little longer than getting here because he's heavy as fuck, even if I'm not carrying his full weight.

We make it to our car and I help Lucien into the back seat. I get in after him and knock on the glass like he did before to make the driver go.

I kneel backwards on the seat next to Lucien. He is bleeding badly from his side so I take a knife and cut off a long strip from the bottom of my T-shirt.

I stretch it out a bit and tie the fabric as tightly as I can around the top of Luciens torso over his own T-shirt. He's breathing heavily and I can see his muscles tense with the pain.

I'll have to clean it properly when we get to the hotel. I don't know what else to do so I just put pressure on his wound, "are you ok?" I ask.

"Fine," he forces out.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"No."

"Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Stop asking me so many fucking questions," he replies taking in fast deep breaths.

Rude.

The time seems to go by fast while I put pressure on his wound while he has his eyes closed leaning against the seat.

We come to a stop at the hotel and I help Lucien out of the car. I guess the driver is pretty used to this kind of thing happening because he just stays seated. I lean Lucien against the car and knock on the drivers window so I can talk to him.

"Tell Black the mission was successful, if he wants the weapons he will have to get to them fast before the target notices somethings wrong. Tell him Ares is hurt but I'll patch him up, he'll be fine."

"Yes miss Ava," the driver nods.

I put Lucien's arm around my shoulders again then rush him into the hotel. I think it must be around 10pm now and luckily I don't see anyone on our way to the lift.

Lucien's wound is still dripping blood, it's a lot less now that my T-shirt is wrapped around it but I really hope no one asks us about the trail of fucking blood he's leaving.