3 - Contract

"What the hell is he doing here?"

Lucien Valentino, but everyone in our world calls him Ares. He's sat down man spreading in a pair of black cargos and a tight black t-shirt. His strong hands decorated in silver rings.

Fuck him for being hot, it's such wasted potential.

I knew he worked for Black Blade. The only reason I haven't killed him yet is because I now know that he doesn't work for the Silencer and I'm sure Black would have my head if I killed one of his best men.

I've seen Valentino about a handful of times since our first meeting but it's always been at a distance and we usually just glare at each other.

I just didn't expect to see him today.

"Please take a seat Ava, " Black says, ignoring my question.

Before I can say anything else I hear a scoff come from Valentino. "Black what is she doing here? That's the fucking girl that broke into my office to snoop through my files."

"It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked. I didn't even know it was your office," I say glaring at him.

"Will both of you just shut up. You're acting like children. Ava, sit down. I have something to discuss with the both of you," he says, slightly raising his voice. It's not much but that's probably the closest to losing his shit I've ever heard Black.

He must not like Lucien very much, because I know I'm secretly his favourite.

I reluctantly sit down in the chair next to Lucien. Just to piss him off more I shuffle my seat away from him a couple of inches. Call it childish if you want but he did ruin one of the most important moments of my life. Out of the corner of my eye I see Lucien roll his eyes. Black just sighs at us.

"As you both know, I called you in for an important mission. It's a big job and I need both of my best assassins for it." I am not working with Lucien. "We don't have the full name of the target or his face but my hacking team has gathered some valuable information that will help us find him. He's a high profile kill and the investors are willing to pay large amounts of money if you can get this done. Ares, Ava, I need the both of you to work together to kill him and all of his high ranking men."

"There's no way I'm working with him," I say.

"I'm not fucking working with her," Valentino answers at the same time as me. I'm glad we're both on the same page. My hatred for him is strong enough without having to see him everyday.

"I know you two...don't get along, but you are the only two people I trust to get this done."

"Just give me the details. I'll do the mission myself," Lucien says coldly.

"This isn't a one man kind of job Ares. I need the both of you for it. This man is really well hidden and guarded, you're going to have to work together if you want your money."

"And who is this mystery man?" I ask but I've already decided I'm not doing it if I have to do it with Valentino.

"As I mentioned before we don't have his real name but we do have some new information on him. He goes by the Silencer and w-"

I freeze. "What did you just say?" I ask cutting him off.

Black knew I was going after my parents killer but he didn't know who it was. He has new information on the Silencer?

Black pauses and I can feel Lucien staring a hole in the side of my head. It takes everything in me not to turn my head and lock eyes with him.

"What information do you have on him?" I blurt out without thinking.

"Quite a lot as of recently. He's had a slip in security. The main lead is we've got some information on his right-hand man."

"Why are you so interested all of a sudden, love?" Lucien asks me I can still feel him looking at me but I refuse to turn and make eye contact with him.

I ignore him, "What's the name of his second hand man?" I ask Martin Black.

"Alexander Dean." That's the man I was looking into on the plane. I didn't know he was the Silencers second now. "We also have the location he's going to be at in a few days."

"Where?" I ask, Lucien sits in silence and stares at me, observing what's going on. Even in silence you can feel the power that radiates from him.

"You'll only get that information when I deem necessary and if you accept the job," Black says. I knew he wasn't going to give me everything without me signing a contract. He's just feeding me enough to keep me hooked and its working.

"Now please can we put our feelings aside and sign the contract," he says as he pushes both me and Lucien a contract and a pen, highlighting where we have to sign. Only then does Lucien peel his eyes from me to look at the paper.

I've filled in these contracts before and I know Lucien has too, but this one is considerably longer. The extra length added by complications of having another assassin to work with and the danger level of this target.

I don't read mine before I sign it. I need this extra information on the Silencer and if Martin Black is going to give it to me I'm more then willing to play along until I get what I need.

Lucien takes his time reading the whole contract and it's doing my head in. He's still comfortably sat in his chair as if this was his own living room.

"You know you could just not sign it and leave the job to the better assassin, " I am, the better assassin that is. Lucien ignores my statement and continues reading down the paper.

After about 3 whole minutes of me impatiently shifting in my seat and Black just observing the both of us, Valentino finally lays the paper on the table.

He picks up the pen and signs it.

He's doing the mission. With me. I was on the hunt for the Silencer before, now I'm just going to have do it with Lucien looking over my shoulder.

I really want the information from Black though.

A/N

They're doing the mission together 😏

I mean we all knew it was going to happen...

Are you ready to see their first task together?

P.s I'm editing this instead of doing my maths homework.