23 - Madly in

I'm speeding down the road as two of Black's, or I guess Angelo's, cars chase us

I hear a bullet hit the back windshield but my glass is bullet proof so it doesn't go though.

"Give me a gun Valentino. I'll shoot them off the road," Nirah says beside me.

"There's one under your seat love," I say weaving through the cars, I look in the mirror and I can see the cars are still behind us a few men hanging out of windows trying to shoot us.

Nirah pulls the gun from under her seat and makes sure it's loaded before rolling down her window and turning backwards in her seat. "Turn left for a second," she says getting ready to shoot them.

I do what she says and I drift left so she can get a better aim. All the other cars on the road are slowling down or changing course to get out of the way of the chase.

A few bullets fly at us but Nirah shoots the front tires of the car closest to us causing it to spin out.

She's so hot.

I have to straighten up the car again and keep driving so they don't catch us.

Nirah tries to shoot the other car but misses, "God damn it. I don't have a good angle like this," she says then she pulls herself out the car to she's sitting out the window.

"Nirah," I say. "Get back in the car." I swear if she gets hurt I'm going to go crazy.

She ignores me and aims, I look in the mirror and see a man fall dead out of the car. Then one of the tires is shot.

Atta girl.

She slides back into her seat and rolls up the window. "They might be more of them soon so wherever your going you better get there fast," Nirah says.

I just glance over at her in total admiration.

I'm so fucked.

"Lucien are you even listening to me?" She asks.

"Of course I am love," I reply turning onto a road on our right.

"So... where are we going?" She asks.

"To see Black," I reply. I was relieved to hear that he wasn't working with my father but we still need to ask him some questions.

"At his base? But some of Angelo's men will be there too."

"We're going to his house," I say.

"You know where he lives? I thought that had to be private for 'security' reasons," she says.

I chuckle slightly, "he didn't tell me where he's staying if that's what you're wondering. I figured it out while I was in his office."

She laughs. Fuck I love her laugh. "Lucien Aresius Valentino. Were you snooping in Marin Black's office?"