2 - Hate

*flashback 2 years*

I'm so close to catching the Silencer

I'm in Venice Italy, outside a massive, fancy building. I tortured one of his security, they said he would be here and that's all that they know. I believed them so I let them off easy and killed them with a bullet to the head. I engraved an 'A' on his temple. I always do that to my kills, people know its my symbol but nobody knows who I am. They just know the name I work under, Ava.

I still don't know what the Silencer looks like or his real name. But I know that he always wears the same broach. I don't have a picture to go by but I saw it on him when he killed my parents, and trust me it's not hard to miss. I drew up a few sketches of it to try help me remember it.

It's a large gold broach with black detailing and some crimson jewels on it. It's shaped a bit like a shield, I have no clue why he insists on wearing it.

I walk down the stairs of the large ballroom. It's a maskerade ball so I'm hoping my fancy black mask will help hide my identity a bit.

I'm wearing a floor length satin red dress that hugs my waist and has a slit up my left leg. I put on a gold, chain garter on my thigh with the slit. There's knives strapped to my other leg. My blonde hair is down in a subtle 90's blow out.

I can see people's eyes on me as I make my way down the stairs. Mostly the eyes of lustful old men and their jealous wives. As soon as I make it down to the ball room floor I accept a glass of champagne from a waiter then begin my search for the man wearing that damn broach.

I'm guessing he'll be surrounded by bodyguards but so are a lot of the people here. It just goes to show that none of them trust each other.

I slowly weave my way through the croud trying to not look suspicious. I make it to the back of the ballroom and take in my surroundings, there's an open hallway with a few lifts on the back wall. I'm assuming there's toilets at the end of the hallway too.

Just as I'm about to turn around and continue searching a group of men in blacksuits, all staggered around one person, push past me and make their way into one of the lifts. I catch a glimpse of the man they were protecting as the doors close. I can't see his face but I know it's him. The Silencer. He's wearing his broach just as I knew he would.

I wait to check which floor they stop at then quickly get in another lift and press the button for the same floor. The door opens into a posh hallway with around 10 doors going the full way along.

There's one middle aged couple talking to a man at the far left but apart from that the hall is empty. I slowly make my way down the right side off the hall listening for clues of which room the Silencer could be in.