1 - Call

I Wanna Be Yours by Arctic Monkeys is playing on my phone as I dance around the kitchen

I Wanna Be Yours by Arctic Monkeys is playing on my phone as I dance around the kitchen. It's around 6am, the soft orange glow of sunrise slowly creeping up the walls of my studio flat. I grab a butter knife and spread some Nutella onto my toast, humming as I go. I clear everything away then make my way over to the couch with my toast and smoothie.

I'm awake at this un-holy hour because I'm expecting a call from Martin Black about my next job with his company Black Blade.

He's never too specific about the time he's going to call, he says it's something about security.

I think he's just unorganised.

I've been doing quick jobs for Black on and off to rake up some money. He's got the biggest company in the buissnes so the money is always good. I would work for him full time if it wasn't for my own little project I have going on.

There's also the problem that Lucien Valentino works for Black Blade. I've never had to work with him because I always ask for a one-man job. That's partially because I don't want to risk having to be around him and not slit his throat, but I also work better alone.

I always have and i always will.

I grab the T.V remote and put on the first How To Train Your Dragon movie. I don't understand why people think its just for kids, it's the greatet cinematic masterpiece of all time and I think everyone should enjoy it.

Plus Hiccup is hot.

Just as reach the scene where Astrid and Hiccup are flying on Toothless my phone begins to ring. I pause my movie and take a look at the caller.

Unknown Caller ID

Black never calls from the same number so I never have a number to save. It's quite annoying really, I never know if I'm going to get a random scammer telling me I've broken a rib or if I'm going to get Black.

"Hello," I answer.

"Ava," it's Black. "I need you on the 9:15am plane to Rome and don't you dare be late. This is the biggest job yet so I'm going to be meeting you there to discuss details. You'll need to pack for at least 2 weeks, I'll buy you anything you need after that."

"What do you mean 'after that', my jobs with you never last more than a week."

"I told you already Ava this is the biggest mission you'll ever have to do. I need you for it, your one of my best assassins and I don't trust anyone else to do it properly."

"You know I have other things going on Black. I don't have time to be away for longer than a week."

"This mission alone will be more than enough to fund your search until you find them all. I'm talking a £500,000 call out payment and 10 million if you kill the target."