Mission With The Enemy

By h034e2l

~ Nirah Avani Grey She's a skilled assassin who works under the name Ava. She is on the hunt for the person w... More

Info + Warnings
Aesthsetics
1 - Call
2 - Hate
3 - Contract
4 - Room 140
5 - Towels
6 - Blood Bath
7 - Wounded
8 - Babysitters
9 - Stripclub
10 - Dead Man
11 - Ex
12 - Panic
13 - Nightmare
14 - Talk
15 - Alexander Dean
16 - Betrayed
17 - Hurt
18 - Father
19 - Tension
20 - Kiss
21 - Answers
23 - Madly in
24 - Please Sir
25 - Yours
26 - Beg
27 - Love til Death
28 - Hospital
29 - Home
Epilogue

22 - Trust

7K 146 80
By h034e2l

Lucien is breathing heavily beneath me. I drop the knife on the floor and we sit in silence for a moment before Lucien twists me around so I'm facing him on the seat with my legs at either side of him.

His gaze is intense and he brings his hands up to cup my cheeks. "You okay?" He asks.

I nod.

"What was he talking about, baby?" He asks softly. "Brent was your ex I killed, that was his brother?" He asks but it's not really a question more a statement.

"Apparently, I didn't know he had a brother until now. I didn't know he was working for Angelo then either," I answer weakly.

"What did Brent do to you love?" He asks me the question softly, stroking my cheek gently with his thumb. But I can see the silent furry on his face.

I bite my cheek, wondering where to start. "I told you this bit already but I met him when I was 15, I was staying in a foster home at the time and he lived close to me. He was my first and only proper boyfriend and he convinced me to stay at his house, my foster parents didn't care what I did as long as they got their money from the government.
He was sweet at first but he was just manipulating me, he started to get controlling after a while," I say trying to keep my voice together.

I trust Lucien.

I want to tell him.

"It started with smaller things like he would talk me out of doing certain things and make me stay at home with him or he would get mad and break something in the house, but he would always apologise right after he did it so I thought it was okay," I say fidgeting with the hem of Lucien's T-shirt that I'm wearing.

I can see he's angry but he's still holding me gently and listening intently to me.

"It kept getting worse over time and he would loose his temper and hit me sometimes. He started crying after it and telling me he was just stressed so I wouldn't leave. He would also manipulate me into sleeping with him, it was subtle at first but in the end I didn't want to and he made me anyway. A few weeks before I ran away I told him I was done with him and tried to leave but he locked me in one of the rooms in his house and everything he did got worse," I feel a single tear drop from my eye and Lucien rubs it away with his thumb.

"You're safe now baby," he whispers.

Lucien is the first person I've told.

I think he probably figured out what happened to me a little while ago but his eyes are red either way and he's clenching his jaw hard.

He gently pulls me closer to him and I wrap my arms around him, "I'm so sorry Nirah. I wish I could bring that fucker back to life just so I can kill him again," he whispers into my hair.

"I'm just happy he's gone."

"You're so strong amore mio. You're the bravest person I know," Lucien says softly to me.

I don't say anything because a lump has formed in my throat so I hug him tighter.

We hold eachother in silence for another 5 minutes or so. I can't really tell how long it was but Lucien sat there rubbing my back the entire time.

"Lucien," I whisper.

"Yes love?"

"I trust you," I say. I don't know why I felt compelled to tell him but I'm glad I did. I trust him more than I've ever trusted anyone.

His hand stops rubbing my back and his body goes still, "you said you wanted me to trust you and I do. I trust you Lucien," I repeat.

He says nothing for a moment before his arms wrap completely around my waist and he pulls me impossibly closer to him. "I promise I won't betray your trust love," he says.

"I know."

"Nirah," Lucien says to gain my attention, but he doesn't need to I always seem to be focused on him. "I trust you too."

His words makes me grin into his shoulder and I know he can feel it because it makes him laugh slightly.

"We should get ready to go Lucien," I say after a moment. "If what he said is true Angelo's men will be coming here soon."

I hate that we have to keep running.

All I want is to kill Angelo for murdering Lucien's mother and my parents and then be able to spend time with Lucien, figure out whats going on between us.

Maybe he doesn't think it's anything serious and won't even want to talk to me after this is over.

"I know sweetheart," Lucien says. "Fuck he always has to ruin everything," he sighs and I finally lift my head to look at him.

"We'll get him though. You promised me we'd kill him, you're not the kind of man to break a promise now are you Valentino?" I say smirking lightly.

"Not when it comes to you love," he says and I get off him.

I turn around to look at Albert dead on the chair, "are we just going to leave him like that and get out of here?" I ask Lucien and he stands up behind me.

"Yes, I don't want to be here when Angelo's men come looking for him. Not while you're still hurt." He puts his hands on my waist and makes me turn around.

Fuck me.

Literally.

I hope he fucks me.

He picks me up and starts walking back to the bedroom, "I can walk now Lucien, it's not that bad," I say hugging him tight.

"I don't care."

I groan into his shoulder in annoyance and he chuckles slightly. I secretly love it. Being 5'10 not many men can pick me up like this but Lucien does it with such ease.

He let's me down next to the bed, "Sit down. I'll get you some pants and gather any stuff we need then we can go," Lucien says. He quickly gets all our stuff while I just sit there watching him.

He's nearly done when he throws me a pair of his black joggers. I glare at him playfully, "Lucien I'm not going to be able to fit these." It's true, they're too big.

"They have a tie at the waist. That's the best you're going to get, so suck it up love."

I roll my eyes and pull on the sweat pants. I tie them tight enough around my waist that they won't fall off but not tight enough that they are rubbing against my wound.

Lucien stands infornt of me with all our things, looking me up and down. "What?" I ask.

"You look good in my clothes." My cheeks heat up and Lucien smiles when he notices. "Come on, we need to get in the car," he says standing next to me and bowing his head so I can put an arm around him for support.

We walk outside into his car and he puts all the stuff in the backseat before opening the passenger door for me.

I sit down and he gets in the drivers seat. "Where are we going to go?" I ask him and he starts driving down the road.

"I don't know, we'll find a hotel room somewhere."

"Can we stop by the hotel Black got for us? We need to see if our stuff is still there."

"No."

"Lucien," I groan. "All my clothes is there and so is my phone and laptop. Everything I gathered on Angelo and a list of all the people I've killed is on there. I need to know if they have it. Plus if all our stuff has been looked through well know for sure that Black is working with Angelo."

He sighs in defeat and gives me a quick glance. "I swear to god you're going to be the death of me," he mumbles.

"So... that's a yes?"

"Yes," he forces out.

--♤♡◇♧-♤♡◇♧-♤♡◇♧-♤♡◇♧--

We're outside of our hotel room, room number 140. Nothing has gone wrong so far, we haven't seen anything suspicious.

I go to open the door but Lucien grabs the key, "stand behind me," he says putting the key card to the lock. It clicks open and he slowly opens the door and looks inside.

"Move asshole I want to see too," I say lightly hitting his back.

"You're such a little shit," he says stepping inside after seeing there's no danger. I go in after him and he closes the door behind me.

It looks the same as we left it. As far as I can see none of our things have been moved or gone missing.

"They haven't been here," I say stating the obvious and I go to look for my most important things. I don't want to have to pack my entire suitcase again then have to carry it.

Lucien throws his essentials into his duffle bag, "here I have room for your stuff too," he says holding his hand out for me.

I give him everything I'm holding except for my phone and a knife that I'm keeping in the pocket of the large joggers I'm wearing.

I hand Lucien my laptop, then a few clothes items and he puts them in his duffle bag. Finally I hand him Herbert, my green dinosaur teddy.

"Seriously love?" He sighs taking it from me. "Nirah this thing is fucking huge, its not going to fit in my bag," Lucien says trying to stuff it in, it doesn't fit so he stuffs Herbert under his arm while he zips up his bag and throws it over his shoulder.

"I'm taking it either way Valentino, give it back I'll just carry it."

"No. I'm taking it. Come on we need to go," he says carrying Herbert and his bag to the door.

I follow him smiling at the sight of the 6'5, tattooed, muscley man carrying a green dinosaur teddy.

He opens the door and holds it open for me, "What are you smiling about?" Lucien asks.

"Nothing," I say passing him and walking down the hall to the lift. I hear Lucien following close behind me.

When we're about 15 metres away from it the lift dings open and before I can process who walked out Lucien pulls me into the storage cupboard we were passing.

Its dark in here and a bit cramped, he pulls me up close to him with my back touching his chest "What are-"

He places a hand over my mouth cutting me off, "shh love," he whispers. I breath through my nose feeling my warm breath bounce off Lucien's hand. I hear a few sets of footsteps go by and he slowly drops his hand from my mouth. "Those were Black's men."

"Shit, they didn't see us did they?" I ask quietly. Lucien rests his free hand on my hip and it gives me butterflies.

"No, I don't think so." he says. I turn around so I'm facing him but it's so cramped that our faces are only inches from eachother.

It's dark so I can't see much other than basic outlines of him. His warm breath tickles my face.

I want to kiss him again.

Lucien takes my hand in his and puts it on his firm chest.

His heart is beating fast.

"You feel that Nirah? That's what you fucking do to me," he whispers. I take his hand and rest it over my own heart, which is beating just as quick.

Then I lean up and bring my lips gently to his. Lucien responds right away kissing me back, it's slower and more gentle than our first kiss. His hand comes up to hold my cheek and he pulls back for a moment before locking our lips again.

I'm completely consumed by him.

His lips.

His scent.

His heart beating under my finger tips.

Him.

He gently nips my bottom lip with his teeth and I part my lips for him letting his tounge slip in. His hand slides from my cheek and into my hair so he can hold my head.

I gently bite his lip then pull away and he breathlessly chuckles.

"God I love kissing you," he says softly and it makes my heart flutter. He leans down to kiss me again but I put my hand to his lips and shove his head away.

"As much as I'd love to do that again Lucien, we're kind off in a storage cupboard hiding from Black's men. We need to go see what they're doing," I whisper.

"I honestly couldn't give less of a shit what they're doing right now Nirah. That's your fault by the way you little brat, you're the one who kissed me," he says in a raspy voice.

"You're the one who made me want to kiss you, so really it's your own fault," I laugh and turn to the door looking for the handle in the dark.

I find it but before I can open the door Lucien puts his hand over mine stopping me. "We're just going to spy on them and listen for information, understand? We can't get caught right now. You're hurt and there was at least 5 of them," he says.

"Yeah I agree. We'll stand outside the room then when we think they're coming we can go for the lift," I say.

"Alright love," he says opening the door with my hand under his.

I love his hands.

We walk out the storage cupboard and down the hall to door 140. It's not closed all the way, they're definitely inside.

Me and Lucien stand outside trying to be quiet so we can hear what they're saying.

I can hear them rather clearly, it sounds like they're looking through our stuff.

"Didn't you hear they killed the man that found them? He was pretty beaten up. The Silencer thinks they tortured him for info before they escaped. The men found him in a random cabin in the woods," one of the men say.

"Damn. I wouldn't want to be captured by those two. They're the best assassins out there and if they're working together maybe we picked the wrong side," a younger sounding voice says.

Thanks babe.

"Billy shut up. The Silencer would kill you if he heard you say that, plus they're only two people. They can't take down the entirety of the Silencer's army," a different man scolds.

"But what if they talk with Black and he puts his other men up against him?" The man called Billy says. I turn my head to look at Lucien behind me and he looks deep in thought.

Does that mean Black isn't working with the Silencer?

But those are his men in there.

Are they undercover?

"It's fine Billy. They think he's working with the Silencer and he told me this morning that he couldn't get in touch with them."

I look at Lucien again and this time his eyes find mine with a look of relief on his face.

I give him a little smile, I know he was close with Martin Black, even if he didn't like to admit it. I'm glad for his sake that Black didn't betray us.

"Come on that's all we're going to find boys, they must have been here already," I hear one of the men say.

Me and Lucien turn around and bolt for the lift.

I don't really know why but it makes me burst out laughing as I run.

"Nirah are you fucking serious right now," Lucien says trying to sound strick but then he starts to laugh too and it makes me laugh even harder.

We make it to the lift and I press the button.

"HEY!" I hear someone shout from down the hall. I look over to see 5-6 men running after us, a couple of them drawing their guns.

"Shit," I say still out of breath and giggling. I spam the lift button trying to make it get here faster.

I can't help laughing.

"Nirah hurry the fuck up," Lucien says getting out his gun and shielding my body with his from the men.

"I can't make the bloody lift go quicker asshole. I'm not an engineer," I say.

Thats when I hear a few shots go off. Lucien puts his arm over my head and tucks me close to the wall, he fires back at the men and I see a couple of them drop dead on the ground.

I honestly feel bad for the owner of this hotel.

The lift dings open and I drag me and Lucien inside. Bullets whizzing past our heads. I hear the men's frantic footsteps approaching us but it's too late the doors have closed.

"Fuck you're not hit are you?" Lucien says checking my body.

"No I'm fine, they didn't get you?" I ask him.

"No I'm good," he says reloading his pistol. "We're going to have to run for the car when these doors open, they're probably running down the stairs as we speak," he says smirking slightly. "Is your side okay?" he asks looking there even though its covered by the material of his shirt.

I lightly smile at him and nod. It makes me feel good that someone cares enough to ask me, I haven't heard it from anyone but him in a very long time.

We're both still breathing heavily and I can't tell if it's from being close to each other or the running.

Probably both.

I take the knife from my pocket just incase and the lift stops at the ground floor a second later.

"Stay low and in front of me, yes love?" Lucien says just before we go. I nod and we both run out the lift. A second later the stair door flighs open and a few men come running out.

"Hey stop!" They shout running after us.

We make it to the door and I push it open. Then we sprint to Lucien's car. My side is killing me but I ignore it and keep running.

We make it to the car and I get in the passenger side and Lucien in the driver's side. He throws his bag and Herbert in the backseat then speeds of.

I look out the window and there's two black cars chasing us. They've probably contacted Angelo about our where-abouts already.

Shit.

A/N

Damnnn.

Shit's getting intense lads.

Thoughts and predictions??

P.s

This ⬇️ is from the time I wrote this chapter. I would take the hw over all this damn revision, unless it was maths, maths kills my brain cells every single time I do it.

(I'm having my school holidays right now but I have to go back in less than week and I have so much homework to do because I've been avoiding it so I can write 🙄 what kind of monster gives us school work over the holidays.

Plus I have real work tomorrow and I'm lowkey dreading it because I have social anxiety 😌✌)

Anyways have fun reading my loves <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 140 15
Trope: enemies to lovers, forced proximity TW-SA, Cursing, violence, Cnc, drugs If you can't handle the triggers I strongly suggest you don't read...
10 0 7
Xavier Blackwood is given a mission from the Court to hunt down one of the deadliest vampires that they have ever had to deal with in the time of the...
10.5K 275 20
She made futile attempts to break free, only to be forcibly held back by him, while he fixated on her captivating emerald eyes. Enthralled by her gaz...
Art of Darkness By Vara

General Fiction

3.5M 112K 68
"Look at them, enjoying life without you. I guess they favor your twin sister more than you that's why they gave you up, huh?" After thirteen years o...