Yugioh: New Duelists X

By DSComeback

Yuji Kusanagi a 15 years old boy who likes playing DM. But after a certain event involving DM, he was expelle... More

Childhood's Beginning
#1: The Beginning of Destiny
#2: Funnullone aka Slacker
#3: Duel, Start!!
#4: New HERO Summon
#5: Araki
Author's Note
#6: My Duelist Academia
#7: New Page
#8: It's over, Chazzy!!!!
#9: The Crossing
#10: The 4 pillars, part 1
#11: The 4 Pillars, part 2
#12: The 4 Pillars, part 3
#13: The 4 Pillars, part 4
#14: The 4 Pillars, Xroad
#15: Crossroad, Clash
#16: Crossroad, High
#17: Crossroad, Binge
#18: Crossroad, Ending
#19: The 4 Pillars, aftermath
#20: Dreamcast
#21: DRS
#22: DRS, Recruitment
#23: DRS, Why Sho Syrus?
#24: DRS, Stacking
#25: Lil Devil of The DRS
#26: E•HERO VS Frightfur
#27: The Melancholy of Kei
#28: DRS, End of a Party
#29: 0.05% is actually high
#30: Promotion-Preparation
#31: Pro-Per [Syrusly]
#32: Promotion Preparation [END]
#34: Promotion Exam [Of Nature and Machine]
#35: Sakura VS Chazz / Of Nature & Machine
#36: The Heroes and The Rivals
#37: Sakura Days
#38: Sakura Days, 2nd Petal
#39: Sakura Days, 3rd Petals
40: The Heroes and The Rivals -Descent-
41: The Heroes and The Rivals -Clash-
42: See Vision
43: The Heroes and The Rivals -United-
#44: The Promise that surpass space and time
☆1: Firestarter
☆2: Firestarter II
☆3: Firestarter III
☆4: Dull Cards
☆5: Contact with The 3rd Kind
☆6: Old Dorm Rumble
☆7: Old Dorm Rumble II
☆8: Old Dorm Rumble III
☆9: Sakura Days, 4th petals
☆10: Of Him and Her
☆11: Cracks
☆12: Easy Apology
☆13: Opening The Curtains
☆14: VS Duelists X
☆15: Fighting Fire with Fire
☆16: Power of The Elements
☆17: Wiping All Out!!!
☆18: Reaching for The Master
☆19: Full Crash
☆20: The Emergence
☆21: Iconoclast
☆22: Final Phase, part 1
☆23: Final Phase, part 2
☆24: Burdened Heart & Walking Shadows
☆25: The Witch from DRS
☆26: The Witch from DRS II

#33: Promotion Exam

212 4 1
By DSComeback

Promotion exam begun.

The first hurdle, Written Exam!!!

Many students read solemnly at the question, no other sound except the rubbing of a pencil or pen.

Some student already sweating, scared when he/she read the question or when they can't answer it.

While some minor student keep calm, and even answered the questions with ease.

[W- what is this question?!]

Syrus grip his hair in frustration, unable to answer the first essay question.

Question 1: Explain how the continuous trap card "Pole Position" can create an infinite loop (with example)!

[Pole Position? What is that?! Is there really a card with such names?!!]

Sy shakes his head, and continue to the next question.

Question 2: Explain how the fusion monster "Cyber Blader" can create an infinite loop (with example)!

"Again?!" Syrus shout it rather loudly, making other students looking at him, and even the teacher in charge of the exam.

Syrus nodded and apologize repeatedly, he then focused on the second question.

[Cyber Blader? Isn't this Alexis' Ace monster? Can it really cause an infinite loop?]

Think Sy, as he secretly glanced at Alexis across the seat.

Just like Syrus, Alexia in question is also surprised, she didn't think that her ace Cyber Blader can create an infinite loop.

She closes her eyes, and think deeply about her monster's effect, then the scenarios of when her monster's effect activated. As her head been hit by a stick, Alexis open her eyes wide, and quickly write her answer.

Syrus still stuck in the second question sigh tiredly, he then gazes at the empty left seat beside him.

"Big Bro... where is he? Ha... Don't tell me he's late again"

He then shifted his gaze to his right, "Yuji?",

Yuji: Zzzz... Zzzz

Syrus saw that beside him, Yuji were sleeping peacefully like an overworked salary man while covering his exam papers with his hand folded as pillow.

Sy sigh looking at him, "It seems that Yuji already gave up on the exam"

Yuji: Zzzz.... Zzzz...

Syrus' eyelids become heavy and heavier, look at the peaceful sleeping Yuji, he can't help but to be sleepy too. It didn't take one minute for him to completely doze off.

Syrus and Yuji who doze off on the exam, unknowingly get resentful gaze and also disappointed gaze from some student around them.

[Sleeping at the important exam like this, is these two already gave up?] think Alexis.

"Don't mind them, believe it or not they had a pretty good on their shoulder"

Asuka jolted, a bit surprised hearing the sudden words, she then nonchalantly moved her head looking at Sakura.

"Is that so" asked Alexis.

She, who noticed her gaze continue writing and at the same time answered her question, "... probably"

Alexis show a wryly smile, she doesn't know whether to believe her words or not.

"... huh?" but when she looked at where Ayrus and Yuji, it seems something or someone were missing. Yes, that is right, she didn't find Jaden's figure were about.

[Is he ditched the class again? No... no way he's that crazy, right? I mean, this is an important exam after all!]

Just when she finished her though, "Save!!" a boy with dual brown hair suddenly came with bated breath, as he didn't, it was a problem or not he's doing a Peace sign like he was announcing his heroic arrival.

[You're 45 minutes late, do you don't consider taking the written exam?] say Alexis in her mind, as she glares at Jaden with sharp disappointed eyes likes a Cuckoo.

"Don't mind them" say Sakura, as she put down her pen, finished her exam.

"Ah. Wait? Are you done?" asked her, which Sakura replies by nodding.

Alexis let out a tired sigh, then continue to answering the questions.

Misawa glares at Jaden with a disappointed and frustrated expression.

[Why someone skilled like you being so negligent? Yuki Judai?!]

The only exception maybe only two people who were sleeping. When Syrus and Yuji heard Jaden's voice, they wake up, and happy to see he is finally come.

"Big Bro! You finally arrived!" shout Sho happy.

"Oh? I thought you're giving up on the written exam and continue to doze off in your room" say Yuji, as he let out a yawn.

"Who do you think am I?! I'm late because I was helping an old lady, you know!" refute Jaden.

"Yeah, yeah" sneered him.

"It's true" grumbles him.

Now almost all the student glaring at Jaden, even Ayrus and Yuji with anger.

Chazz grit his teeth, and clenched his pen hard until a cracking sound is heard, "Shut up dimwit! If you don't plan on taking the test, then get lost!!" told him angrily.

"I'm just arrived! Like hell, I back down from the test!!" refute him.

Jaden himself got a reminder by Chazz to shut up and get out from the room if he didn't want to take the exam, which he refute back at him.

The teacher Lyman Banner then shout out to pJaden to take the test papers and quickly begin the test, which he comply.

After waken up by Jaden, Syrus and Yuji start again to answer the remaining questions, but it didn't take long until the three of them start to doze off in the exam.

The teacher Lyman Banner sigh tiredly looking at the three of them.

Somewhere near the classroom, a face of a middle age man like goblin of greed appear to spy on Jaden and Yuji.

"Nyohoho, just like I thought no-ne, both of them are sucker when it comes to written exam no-ne! Hehehe, I'm looking forward to the practical exam Signore Kusanagi, and especially you Signore Yucky Judai!" whisper him, as he ran off quickly like Road Runner.

Later, the teacher Lyman Banner announced that the written test is over, and the practical exam would be held later at 14.00 p.m in the Gymnasium.

After hearing the announcement, many students quickly run off from the classroom like an animal stampede.

Back to the Three Stooges. Yuji, Syrus, and Jaden were sleeping sound and peacefully, their friend from Ra yellow Misawa tried to wake them up by shaking their body back and forth.

Fortunately, they wake up (AF.TER. The tremendous effort).

"Hiik! Now, I've done it... why did I even bother to study?" cried Syrus.

Hearing his cried, Yuji jabs at him with his words, "Oi, Oi, aren't you studying to get a better grade and become a better person?" teased Yuji.

"Uh... yeah..."

Judai then but in, "Don't worry about it Sy, there's practical exam next, and that exam is the most important one! Probably"

"Probably..." whisper Syrus tired, he then looked at the surrounding, confused of where is everyone else?

Hearing his question, Misawa then answer it. He explained that The Academy received new rare cards. Many of the student believed If they somehow can get their hand on them, it can boost their overall performance for the upcoming practical exam.

Syrus shocked hearing his explanation, then scratched his head in frustration. He totakky forgot about it, and if he go rmthere right now, it'll probably sold out already.

"Wait... Misawa why didn't you go to get the new cards?" asked him.

Like a savvy boss, Misawa folded his arms and answer, "I don't need any new card, as I'm confidence in my decks"

Ayrus then shifted his gaze toward Yuji, "What about you, Yuji?"

Yuji let out a sigh, "I didn't have many DP, mines gone for buying packs"

As his head was smacked, Sho remembers that according to Misawa, Yuji buys so many packs to help him get the card that negate Power Bond's backslash.

"Then let's go! You can use my DP for buying the rare card, I still got plenty, especially from The last Duel Research Society's event"

Hearing his words, Yuji shake his head and let out a chuckle, "I told you don't mind it, I'm also gaining much from the pack yesterday. Heck, I can give you two or three more cards if you're interested" say Yuji, as he's resting his cheek on his fist.

"I-is that so? Then thank you for your offer" say Syrus, scratching his cheek while letting out an embarrassed laugh.

Jaden who hears this two conversation, cutting in.

"Do you still had HERO card that you want to give?" asked him.

Yuji shake his head, "Nah. When it comes to HERO I didn't want to give anymore, and beside... I'm already giving you the rare card Grandmerge am I?"

"Oh yeah, I'm almost forgotten" said Jaden, scratching his cheek, while Yuji sigh seeing him.

Misawa's ear twitching when he hears the topic of HERO monster from both of them. He was rather curious about the Elemental HERO monster, especially the one that Yuji use.

"Hei... Kusanagi"

"What's up?"

"Just curious, how can I don't find any information about your Elemental HERO? Unlike Jaden, there's virtually so little to almost none existent information about your heroes" asked Misawa solemnly and curiously.

Syrus and Jaden also looked at Yuji curious, "Don't tell me the one you use is illegal cards?!" asked Syrus.

Yuji look at the three of them and laugh, "Well, can't help if you're really that curious. You see... my Elemental HERO monster and its support cards were given to me by Mr. Pegasus"

The three of them surprised.

"Pegasus?! You mean the creator of Duel Monster? How- how can he give you those HERO cards, please explain to us Kusanagi!"

"Pegasus... that's good, I'm kinda envied you Yuji" said Syrys in low tone.

Yuji scratches his rather embarrassed, but alas he began answering them, "Well you see... the reason why Pegasus give the new Elemental HERO it's because..."

"""Because?"""

"It was a prize from the tournament"

"Tournament?" asked Misawa.

Yuji nod, "Yes. Back then in Domino city, Pegasus or should I say The Industrial Illusion hold an exhibition for new cards. Beside the exhibition, the Industrial Illusion also hold a tournament, with the reward that the winner would be given a new set of card that the winner wanted"

"I see, so you won" nodded Misawa.

Yuji shifted his gaze, "Well, no"

Misawa raised his eyebrow, "You didn't win?"

"No, I didn't, and it was in the first round too"

All of them surprised hearing his words, "Why? I think someone strong as you would win it easily" said Syrus.

Yuji let out a dry laugh, "Haha, you see I'm not really that strong and the opponent I face in the tournament is so strong, godly strong!"

"To say that he is godly strong, who did you face? I'm kinda interested" said Misawa.

"Well, you all know him"

The three of them look at each other, wondering if it's someone they knew.

Yuji continue, "It was none other than Yugi Muto himself"

"""Nani?!! (What?!!)""" all of them shout in unison, shocked by the name Yuji's spouting.

"The Duel King?! Yugi Muto?!!" said Syrus.

"I can't believe it, you actually duel such legend" said Misawa.

"Wuoh!! Amazing, tell us! Tell us!" said Jaden, prompting Yuji to explains it more, with eyes glittering like the twinkle of stars.

Yuji then begin to explain. At that time he didn't know that he were dueling Yugi Muto, because his eyes were obscured by his bangs, and he wears a cap that hide his iconic Star hair.

He also explained his duel with Yugi. That, at that time he were completely crushed. He was set up by so many traps he set, not only that he even struggles to summon his monster, and he was defeated without chipping away a single of his Life Point.

At that time, he also wonders if he's actually dueling, but quickly accept it with burdened heart.

After the duel, he decided to ask his opponent about his dueling strategy by visiting him on the backstage, but were stopped by none other than Pegasus himself.

He was so surprised to see a legendary person walks to a humble duelist like himself. His body were trembling because of the excitement and fear, but mostly excitement.

"That was a good duel, Kusanagi boyyyy~" praised Pegasus with dramatic tone.

Yuji's mouth repeatedly open and closing, his voice were stuck in his throat like a condense glue closed his wind pipe.

"Pe- Pegasus... i- ish re- really him" said Yuji stammered.

Pegasus let out a chuckle seeing his trembling figure, he then gave Yuji a small black box.

"W- what is this?"

"It's my present for youuuu~, please take itttt~"

But Yuji then shakes his head, and politely decline.

"Wait! Why are you declined?!!!" Shout Syrus.

"Because it's not fair"

Pegasus were shocked (a bit), he was thinking that Yuji would humbly take it like the others, excited to see what kind of card(s) the creator of The Duel Monster would give.

"Kusanagi boy, why didn't you accept ittt~?"

"Because it's not fair"

Pegasus raised his eyebrow, "Not fair?"

Yuji nod, "I'm already lost. If I accept such generous gift from Mr. Pegasus, it wouldn't be fair to another participant, beside... I'm not that worthy to be given such praise"

Yuji didn't sugarcoat his words, that was he truly feel. Say it foolish or whatever, but it was his decision.

Hearing his reason, Pegasus smiled, "Kusanagi boyyy, do you know who are you dueling before?" asked him.

Yuji tilt his head, "Hmm? Isn't it Yuhui?"

That time, Yugi joined the tournament with a different name.

Pegasus chuckle hearing his answer, "Keep it a secret, but the one you dueled before is actually... The Duel King himself, Yugi bo- I mean Yugi Muto himself"

"What?!!" Yuji were so shocked, his body trembling more, "Yu- Yugi? That- that Duel King Yugi?! Oh! My! God!!! I can't believe it!!"

Pegasus laughs when he saw his reaction, "That's why Kusanagi boyyy, don't be pessi- pess- What I mean is just take this! These guys said to me, they were interested in you" said Pegasus, as he took Yuji's hand and firmly give the black box to him.

"Mr. Pegas-"

"Shussh Yuji boyyy~ I'm sorry but I kinda busy, just think of it as a present for the entertaining duel, and don't think much of it"

Pegasus wave his hand to Yuji, leaving him alone with the black box. Yuji who were still dumbfounded can only accept, and saw his figure getting away.

As he forgot about his initial plan, Yuji quickly get home (To Giorno Café), holding the black box tight in his arms.

When he arrived, he quickly sits down in an empty seat, and open it slowly with bated breath.

His heart beating, Badump! Badump! Repeatedly, grin appear on his face, sweat begin to flow from his cheek.

Inside, he saw a deck put backward. With trembling hands, he picked it up, and begin to scrutinize them.

Like a twinkling stars, his eyes were glittering because of the excitement.

"Elemental... HERO"

Unlike any monster he saw, this Elemental HERO is kinda alien to him, but after looking at the cool and gorgeous artwork, he began giggling excited like a child.

"Cool!! So Cool!! Owner! Owner! Look at this cool card that I received!"

And so his story stop.

"Kuh! If I'm not sick that day, I can go and duel Yugi Muto!!" said Jaden a bit frustrated, then he suddenly remembers, "Wait... don't tell me the one you give to me was-"

"Yes. It was the HERO I received from Pegasus himself"

"Seriously?!!" amazed Jaden.

"That's good for you Big Bro... (I also want a card from Pegasus)" say Syrus in low tone, envying Jaden.

Misawa sigh, "To think you would give such precious card... I don't know if I must criticize you or not..."

"Don't think too much about it. Besides, Grandmerge suit Jaden's HEROes much more than mine" said Yuji, as he waved his hand.

"Hehe! Thank you so much, Yuji!" thanked Jaden.

"Don't mind it!"

Yuji then gets up from his seat, "Let's go to the shop! Even if I can't buy it, I also wanted to know what kind of rare card that were sold"

Thus, the four of them walks out from the classroom.

Meanwhile, in some area near the shop.

"Kuhakkk!!!"

A male student were blast off, attacked by a violent dragon, and roughly fell to the floor. Many students were dumbfounded seeing him fall.

"I told you, the you right now is not the opponent for him" said a female student. She then continued to pour a salt into his wound, "I wonder... why someone weak as you are idolized by him?" told her, as she touches her temple.

"Kuh!!" The male student gritted his fist, and clenched his hand, in fury and humiliation while looking at the female student's speaking.

"Wait!! I'm not done yet!" shouted him.

The girl stop, she then glares at him with cold and uninterested eyes, "No, you're done. Look at the remaining Life Point you had"

"Kuh..."

Chazz |LP 0|

Sakura then continue to say, "What a waste of time"

She then walks, leaving Manjoume alone, didn't even bother to turned and look at him again.

The shady guy who were watching their duel can't help but gulped his saliva.

"What- what a dangerous girl, no-nee"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479 5 18
After being gone for months Jaden Yuki has returned back to the Duel academy, but he is not alone. Yubel a young boy who used to be an evil spirit is...
45.8K 727 39
Your Megami Shoyo daughter of a multimillionaire family. Being the elder child has been hard since the burden of your family business is in your hand...
2.1K 64 14
This is the story of a 13-year old boy who is trained to defeat dimensions, and was top of his class by doing so. He has worked so hard, he doesn't h...
221K 4.6K 36
We all know of the mighty Signers and their war against the forces of evil with their powerful Synchro dragons. What would happen when someone new en...