A place in this world - peace...

By caffeine_and_writing

Elliana alwyn just wants to have a normal college experience despite who her parents are. But that's easier s... More

moving out
the first day
all too well
friday night party
birthday
the talk and the date
two boys
panic and friend-zone
hold me
old habits and kisses
truth or drink
rain is pouring down
stitches
telling the parents
intervention
hospital
going home
shopping
school and therapy
intimate
dinner at the Alwyn's house
doctors appointment
i'm pregnant
alex moves in
6 weeks pregnant
christmas eve
the ring
shopping and anouncement
fall in the snow
engagement party
baby shopping
a long day
babyshower
its time
everything changes forever
meeting the family
NEW BOOK
home and one week
sister talk
back in time - part1
back in time -part 2
back in time - part 3
night changes
school again
tension
people know
christmas
Not the Christmas we planned
transplant
home and yes to the dress
bridal shower
the wedding part 1
the wedding part 2

the baby is a.....

295 15 4
By caffeine_and_writing

**monday March 12th – 2040** 20 weeks and two days pregnant **

-ellies pov-

"Stop moving I'm trying to sleep" I groan as I wake up from a flutter on my stomach but then my shot up and widen. My baby kicked; my little nugget kicked me for the first time. "Alex. Alex wake up" I push him, and he groans as he wakes up.

He wakes up too and look at me with tired eyes "Ellie its five am—wait did you say baby kicked" he says, and I nod as tears well up in my eyes. "Baby is getting strong" I say, and he wipes away my tears.

Now I'm halfway in my pregnancy and the bump is sticking out more every time I look. It's terrifying and exiting at the same time. The bigger the bump is the closer we are to meet the little prince or princess in my belly, but it also brings us closer to be responsible for a human being.

"How can I sit through my criminal and law procedure class or my aesthetics of dance class when I know that after school, we are going to the doctor to find out if it's a boy or girl" I say and pull up my shirt to rub my belly. Today is the 20-week scan, also known as the anatomy scan. It's a long appointment where they really study the baby to make sure things seem okay and they look at all the ligaments and organs.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to focus on my biology or aesthetics of dance class either. But good thing, we have that class together so we can sit next to one another" he says with a grin, and I roll my eyes. "You better save a seat for your baby mama" I say, and he kisses my belly.

"hi there little nugget. Today we are going to find out if you're a little prince or princess. But just know we love you regardless. Mommy and daddy love you so much and we are excited to meet you soon. We don't know that much about being parents so be patient with us please. And please be a good sleeper and love cuddles" he says and kiss everywhere he can reach on my belly while I laugh softly. He loves to talk to my belly, especially now that the bump is so defined. Anyone can see that I'm pregnant at this point, so I don't even try to hide it.

"you're already so wrapped around their finger and its adorable" I say and pull him up so I can kiss him. "well, a certain mommy has me wrapped around her finger too. So it's only fair that the baby gets the same treatment" he says and raise an eyebrow. He isn't wrong though, I certainly have him whipped, but he doesn't seem to mind. We are proud of the love we have for one another. There is nothing I wouldn't do for him, and there is nothing he wouldn't do for me.

We get dressed for the day and get breakfast going. "You know that we will have the name today too. Because we have already settled on a boy name and a girl name" he says and hand me my breakfast just as betty walks in. "does that mean I will know the name of my godchild?" she says.

I've already asked betty and Meghan to be the godmothers for the little nugget. I asked them last week and they both said yes. I was going to ask aurora and Kenzie, but my mom said that I should pick someone over the age of 18 so I did. Who knows, we might have more kids in the future, and they can get that tittle then.

"You will. We are excited to tell you all" I tell her as all three of us start to eat. Alex and I settled on names a week ago but haven't told anyone anything, we want it to be a surprise. Neither one of us really have a preference when it comes to gender, we just want the baby to be healthy and come join our lives.

**

"baby call me if you need anything. Or if our little nugget is giving you trouble alright" Alex says and kiss me softly as we stand where we go separate directions to get to our buildings. "I will be fine and nugget will be fine babe" I say.

We hear a huff from beside us "still knocked up I see. You're making a mistake Alex" Addison says. She was expelled from school for two weeks but was allowed back. I did file a police report from the incident but didn't press charges. She does know that if she pulls any of that crap again, I won't hesitate. She could have seriously hurt my baby. And god knows that I have good lawyers and a good relationship with the prosecutor.

"you know he is only with you because of the baby, right? If you didn't trap him into a pregnancy, you wouldn't even be together right now. Not to mention that ring would be on my finger. Not your fat sausages that you call fingers" she says and put her hand on her hip.

"fuck off Addison. We weren't talking to you" Alex says and rub my belly for a bit before walking off with betty to get to class after making sure that Addison has walked away too. Everyone around me make sure that one of them is near me if she is nearby just in case, she tries to pull something again.

Getting to class I am distracted but try to focus on what my professor is talking about. It's hard to not let Addison's words get to me, because they hit right on my insecurities. I have been scared that Alex is only with me because of the baby, and that the engagement wasn't going to happen but then I got pregnant. But I also know Alex better than anyone else knows him, I know when he is lying, so when I ask him point blank, and he says she is lying I believe him. I have no reason not to believe him, he doesn't show any signs of lying. Her on the other hand is obsessed with him, and really jealous that she can't have him.

**

We drive to the doctor's office and I'm really nervous. It's going to be a long appointment because the anatomy scan is really detailed and takes about 30 to 40 minutes. But the positive side is that they are making sure that there aren't any obvious things wrong, and then we get to know if we are having a little boy or a little girl.

"Elliana Alwyn" I say to the lady in the reception, and we get taken back. I take a urine test before we wait for the doctor in the office. "i'm nervous Alex" I say and cling to his hand. "i'm too. But hopefully things are okay, and we are going to know if it has a boy pee pee or a girl pee pee" he says, and I smile at him.

The further along I get into the pregnancy, the more real this all becomes. In about 20 weeks we are going to have a baby. And then its everything that comes after that. You need to take care of the baby, and that's hard work it seems like. They need feeding, changing, a nap and then you start all over again. You need to figure out if they are crying because they have made a poop or pee, or if they are hungry or if they just want mommy or daddy cuddles.

I've never had to deal with diapers and neither has Alex. We don't have friends with babies and all my cousins are older than the diaper age. The only one still in diaper is Uncle Patrick's two-year-old Mia. She is two years old but will turn three this year. But she lives in London, so I have never babysat her. Hopefully our parents or the nurses at the hospital can show us exactly what to do, and we have both secretly been watching videos on YouTube about taking care of a baby. How are anyone supposed to know all of these things, a baby doesn't come with a handbook that's for damn sure.

The doctor comes in and asks all the usual questions about symptoms and stuff before we get ready for the anatomy scan. I lay down on the bench and expose my stomach so she can get the gel on there and move her wand around. At least we can use the wand that goes over my belly instead of the really uncomfortable internal one.

"And you two wanted to know the gender, right?" dr Connor asks us and I nod. "Yes, if possible, we want to know. We want to know whatever we can about our little nugget" I say and smile at Alex.

"Then let's check the genitals first then and let you know if it's a boy or a girl" she says and keep looking at the screen for a bit. I can see the little legs, but I don't know what they look for when it comes to gender, I obviously can't read that thing.

"Congratulations it's a girl" she says and tears well in my eyes as I look up at Alex "our little Emilia" he says and kiss me. "Our little princess" I say as Alex wipes away both of our tears. We are actually having a little girl, and I'm so excited. I get to buy all the cute pink stuff, ballet tutus and headbands. Obviously, we don't know what kind of things the girl will be into when she grows older, for all we know she could be into football or golf. But for now, I get to treat her like a little princess and get all the pink cuteness I can find.

I let the fact that there is a little girl in my belly sink in as she does the rest of the examination. She looks at organs, measures the length of different parts of her body and all that.

After she is done, I wipe away the gel on my belly, fix my clothing and we sit down. "I don't see signs of any of the genetic conditions that we screen for during this ultrasound. It's not 100% certain that she doesn't have one of them but so far its looking good. The amount of amniotic fluid looks normal as well, and the growth of the baby looks normal too" she says, and I take a deep breath in relief. Our baby looks fine for now, and I'm so thankful of that.

We leave and drive towards my parents' house. We are meeting our parents, alex's parents and our siblings there, as well as betty, to tell them the gender. We wanted to do the ultrasound with just the two of us to have a special moment, but of course we are going to tell everyone.

"Alex there is a little girl in my belly. Emilia Is going to be here soon" I say and hold his hand tighter as he helps me out of the car. "She sure is. Our little Emilia already has us wrapped around her finger" he says and kiss me softly before we head inside hand in hand.

"They are here!" I hear Kenzie yells as we remove our coats and shoes. When we walk into the living room everyone is there standing in anticipation of what the baby's sex is. I look up at Alex with a smug look and he grins down at me.

"no. Not that lovey-dovey stuff. Tell us" aurora groans and I bite my lip "it's a girl" I say and my voice cracks before happy tears roll down my cheeks. "These are happy tears I promise" I say and wipe them away.

My mom hugs me tightly and so does my dad. They both have tears in their eyes. "a granddaughter" my dad says and wipe under his eyes "Emilia" I tell them, and they hug me again.

"Baby, did you already tell them the name" Alex says and come up behind me and I turn around and shrug "hormones" I argue. I blame anything on hormones these days, it's the perfect excuse.

After giving Alex's parents hugs too I go up to the siblings standing together and give them all hugs. "ellie, a niece. This is so exiting. Are you exited to have a little princess" Meghan says, and I smile at her "I sure am. It's going to be fun. Who knows what Emilia will be into" I tell them the name too just in case they didn't hear earlier but they probably do.

"I think the baby will be into swimming" aurora says loudly so everyone turns their attention to her, and she has this smirk on her face. "Because it was swimmers' fault that my sister is knocked up" she says, and I turn crimson red. Everyone clearly understands what she was talking about, and I'm mortified. Obviously Emilia came from sex, but we don't need to rub it in.

"ha-ha funny aurora" I try to brush it off while everyone else is quiet. This is mortifying so I walk over to Alex and lean into his arms.

"i'm just joking. God you're a hard crowd. I'm exited the be the favorite aunt though" she says and flick her blond hair. She has straight and glossy hair, something Kenzie and I have always been jealous of. Even though it was a bad joke everyone is laughing to brush away the awkwardness.

Alex leans down and whispers in my ear so quietly that only I can hear "she is not wrong. I think I know exactly the night Emilia was conceived" he says, and I burrow my head in his chest to not show everyone that I'm blushing.

Cameras are flashing and I groan and when I turn my head Viviane is taking pictures of us. But before I can say anything Alex keeps one arm around me while the other tilt my head so he can kiss me softly making the cameras go off again.

***

5+ comments and 10+ likes for next chapter  

Instagram: caffeine_and_writing
Instagram: Swiftielife__ 

Twitter: Swiftielife__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 1.3K 14
|book two in the shimmer series| Taylor Swift finally got full custody of her little bee. Her little girl, her Ellie, her daughter. A fresh start, a...
6.3K 331 45
"Someday when you leave me I bet these memories follow you around" "I'd never forget you as long as I live" "Hold on to the memories they will hold...
1.5K 0 53
Arianna Jo Coulter hates starting a new job, at twenty-five she'd been working as an ER nurse in her hometown since she graduated from nursing school...
77.2K 2.3K 31
- book one of wisteria hearts (six books are published) - two souls don't just find each other by pure, sweet, simple accident. it's serendipity. Tay...