Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

82. Lies and Truths

6.2K 335 199
By ExhaustedSoul06

You drew a faint breath, mind churning up with countless thoughts.

Today was special day for Athy. That wasn't all. You frowned. That snake bastard would be there too just like last time to ruin the day and Jennette...

You winced, guilt and sadness twisted your gut. I need to apologise to her.

Dazzling golden lights drew closer, and you picked up your pace, disregarding the painful thoughts. The familiar sight of three silhouette brought a small smile on your face, heart warming up instantly replacing the beginning of cold. They hadn't notice you, too busy in their conversation. You smiled mischievously. How could you let the chance slip and not scare them?

"You finally showed up."

You yelped when Claude turned around abruptly. At his calm gaze you pouted, "You always foul my fun. Do you have eyes on back of your head?"

"Give up trying to startle me. No matter how far you are, I'll always notice you."

"Why does it sound like a threat..?" You huffed and turned your head away, sulking. "Whatever."

"Mom?"

Athy's curious eyes darted off to Claude before settling on you. You softened.

"You look breathtaking, Athy." You took her hands in yours and beamed at her. The white dress wrapped around her like the shimmering wings of fairy fluttered in the wind. She looked beyond breathtakingly beautiful and something otherworldly.

Athy giggled, her rosy cheeks turning a deeper red, "You look beautiful too, Mom. Super pretty. Right, Dad?"

Cocking his head to side Claude raised a eyebrow, "Doesn't she always."

Your lips pulled up into a small smile against your will.

Claude took your hand and brought it to his lips, his blue eyes locking with yours, melting away the world for the briefest moment. "Today it's just more apparent."

You melted, eyes softening as you gazed at him. The image of you reflected in his eyes focused soley on you was indeed beautiful and enchanting. That's how he saw you, that's how you always looked in his eyes. Maybe in your eyes he could see his reflection too, the way you saw him shinning brightly like the brightest star; breathtakingly beautiful.

Only when Athy cleared her throat loudly that you both snapped out of your little world.

"Look at you, aren't you quite the smooth talker. You look dashing yourself" You smirked with a tinge of bashfulness, pulling away your hand in slight embarassment. At least tried to. Claude kept a firm hold, his lips lingering on the soft skin of your knuckles much to your poor racing heart. You jumped when his teeth sank in and bit softly. "Claude!"

With a smirk, he tilted his head innocently as he let go of your hand while Athy watched exasperated, "Daddy's shameless."

You immediately smacked his arm when he let out a nonchalant hum neither agreeing nor refuting the claim. "Sheesh."

"Is it wrong to compliment--"

Athy quickly stuffed herself between you two, shielding you from sight and glared at Claude, "No more teasing Mom."

A brief silence as Claude stared at Athy clinging to you and your smug smiling face as mouthed, 'she loves me more'. A dry chuckle left Claude as his large hand came down on Athys' head making her freeze in shock.

"Don't mess up her hair! It took awful lot of time." You chimed in. As much as you loved their adorable interaction, you didn't want Athy to attend her debutante with a bird's nest.

Claude rolled his eyes, "Let's go."

"You look handsome too Felix." You smiled at the red haired silently watching from sidelines. His face brighten up. Too bad you were in mood to tease. "I'm sure Lily already showered enough compliments on you so mine is unneeded, yeah?" You left behind the sputtering knight choking on his embarassment as you laughed under your breath.

The announcement of your arrivals was made. When they announced your presence along with the Imperials signature name, you cringed. It was awkward. It's not like you were officially part of the Royal family but you were recognised as such in public's eyes. How troublesome.

You entered the banquet overlooking the crowd gathered beneath, you noticed the way Athy stiffened, grabbing on Claude's cape while hiding ever so slightly behind you, her face pale and anxious.

"Today's your day, Athy. Don't be nervous. We are here." You stroked her back and gently assured.

Claude flashed his sharp cold eyes at the crowd and the reaction was instant. Each head bowed down in reverence, back trembling in fear.

"Should I make them stay in that position?" Claude asked, turning to Athy.

Athy cranked up her neck, "Eh?"

"What?" You freaked out. "No-- Think of the poor girls! It's their first debut too!"

Thankfully the ridiculous offer was rejected by Athy who calmed down, gaining back her confidence seeing both of your support.

As per the Royal customs, first the royal members would initiate dance followed by sole dancing group of girls then pairs or couples. It was time for them take the stage.

"Felix, don't leave her side."

You rolled your eyes by the sidelines, patting Athy's back as her nerves acted up again.

"As you wish, your majesty." Felix obediently, happily nodded.

"Stay with him." Claude ordered you next.

You made a face. Claude narrowed his eyes. Sighing you nodded and he relaxed giving you one of his rare smile before leaving with Athy who still looked quite jumpy. You knew it was out of concern since you could feel the crowds eyes focused on you, not all of them with good intentions.

By the end of the night you'd probably get to hear juicy gossips about you. You smirked at the thought. Well you couldn't wait to see creative ways their imagination would manifest.

Felix uneasily shifted as he watched you smirk to yourself. "(Y/n) you are not planning something, are you? You're not going to set someone's hair on fire, right?"

"No," You looked at him confused. "Why do you think I'd do that?"

"Have you forgotten your debutante?" Felix questioned in disbelief. That was single most unforgettable moment of his life.

"Oh yeah. Fun times, huh?" You cracked up, hint of evil twisted in your laugh. "That old creep was lucky the only thing I set on fire was his hair, not anything else. Though the punishment that followed wasn't fun. All the extra paperwork and assignments still haunts me."

Felix shook his head helplessly at your flippant attitude.

Your searching eyes scanning the mob soon focused on two person. The crowd spread, bowing deeply as Claude and Athy made their way to the middle, steps graceful and regal. The pleasant sound of music filled the air, all attention on them, at their otherworldly beauty and untouchable presence.

You were taken in by their smooth gliding movements, mesmerized just as the crowd as you watched them with a soft smile.

Last strings of music echoed in the hall. The crowd broke into applause as Claude and Athy bowed to each other as the last step.

Athy nervously shifted, using her Dad as a shield. Claude noticing it, asked her something to which she shook her head real hard. Claude sighed. He looked back at you then at Athy.

You watched his actions curiously.

Pushing her back encouragingly one last time to the eager girls waiting for her, Claude left the area and was right by your side. You cracked a bit at his hurried steps.

"Did someone approached you?" Claude asked, his sharp eyes going over to Felix who shook his head in negative.

"Given the scary scowl on your face I hardly think anyone has the balls." You said, trying to imitate him. Claude's lips twitched, eyes filling up with amusement.

"If anyone wants their balls intact, they better not." Claude said in low tone, a dangerous spark in his eyes. His arms came around you, pulling you closer to his side and his thumb drew possessive circles on your waist, coursing back and forth as you fought back a shiver. You rolled your eyes but leaned into him, looking at Athy.

The ones who heard Claude's words immediately raced to the other side of the room, wanting very much their balls intact.

Meanwhile Felix was flabbergasted hearing both of your exchange. He wanted to scold for using inappropriate words but he was afraid he might lose his balls. And also the fact both of you always bickered this way, the situation was a lost cause.

"Well, Athy's enjoying herself." You smirked. Ijikeil and Athy were swaying to the beat of the music, standing out among the crowds of other pairs.

"Hmm." His displeasure was coming off in waves, clear as day as his sharp gaze drilled into the dancing pair.

"Stop. You're gonna burn a hole into the poor boy's back." You scolded him playfully.

You winked at Athy when her eyes met yours, wiggling your eyebrows suggestively and giving her not so discreet thumbs up. She flushed bright red, ducking her head away from your blunt teasing smile while Ijikeil watched her with amusement and wariness from feeling the glare on his back intensify.

"She's getting embarassed by us. My baby's grown up." You giggled.

"She's only a child." Claude muttered, his gaze dry as he watched them.

"Yes, yes. She's will always be our child no matter how much she grows up, don't worry." You patted his arm as unbeknownst to him he looked glum at the prospect of Athy growing up.

You have come a long way Claude. You smiled to yourself.

"What?" Caught off guard by smile, Claude looked at you suspiciously. "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

"I'm feeling proud of you. You should be proud of yourself too. You've come long way Claude, from indifferent jerk to caring Dad. Hehe."

"...What am I, a child?" His ears were red as he turned his head away and scoffed. "Sometimes I wonder how you see me?"

"Like a man child, of course. Heart-throbbing combination of a cute, stubborn, sometimes idiot child and a possesive, socially inept handsome dense man I love." You said in one breath, smiling slyly

"...You truly lack in fluttering skills."

"No, no. I'm fact I excell at fluttering and complimenting. I just like to be bluntly honest with you."

"That's your honest opinion of me...?" A hint of incredulity slipped in his tone.

"That's right!" You beamed.

Claude glowered.

"Your majesty, if you could spare a moment."

As if a light switch was turned, Claude expression turned cold and apathetic as he faced the old man bowing infront of him with air of disinterest and intimidation. The old man trembled.

"T-The present ambassadors from foreign empires wants a brief word with you."

Visibly looking miffed,.Claude looked at you and you shrugged your shoulders. "Go ahead. It seems important matters."

"...I'll be back then." He begrudgingly followed the envoy, not before throwing a meaningful look at Felix.

Felix nodded firmly, catching the wordless order to look after you. With a smile he turned to you..

"Wha- (Y/n)?!"

...only to find empty air.

You felt a little bad for Felix as you snuck away, twisting and turning in the crowd with a certain someone in your mind. You had to push through the people coming to make small talk. You didn't had the time to look ahead and you collided with someone.

"Ah, I'm sorry!"

At the familiar voice, your heart cleaned painfully. "Jennette.."

Jennette guilty flushed expression morphed into surprised one. "You know me, Miss?"

There was hopeful glint in her shinning green eyes.

You swallowed the painful lump in your throat. Could you forget the child you taken care of, forget the awful things you done and said to her. "No. But you remind me of someone."

The hopeful look amplified but doused off soon as she looked at the snake bastards way. "You remind me of someone too. Someone I really wish to meet. But I'm not allowed to see them."

Your gut twisted painfully. So that snake bastard did fill her, though to which extend truth was told was highly doubtful. You were sure he must have twisted the truth to his benefit.

You cleared your throat. "You look beautiful, blue colour suits you. And why are standing here alone? Where's your partner?"

You belatedly realized that Ijikeil was her partner as your eyes fell on Athy and her white haired pair.

"Thank you but you look more beautiful! My partner is dancing with someone else but I'm fine with it! So it's alright!" Jennette smiled bashfully. It was just as you remembered. She was same. The same innocent girl with beautiful heart.

Countless apologies remained stuck in your throat like a painful thorn. The girl across you wasn't the same. She didn't have the memories you shared, didn't carry the hurt you inflicted on her, didn't know you. You were complete stranger to her, so wanting to atone for your cruelty was useless. It was nothing more than a frivolous, selfish wish.

"Your hair is coming undone." You pointed out as your gaze swept over her stopping at her brown hair.

Jennette's eyes widened, her hand shooting up to her head. The ribbon holding her hair had come undone, probably broken. She frantically tried to keep the hair from getting completely ruin, face flushed in embarassment as she mumbled under her breath excuses.

Smiling softly at her adorableness, you pulled out the butterfly hairpin from your hair holding the elegant bun in place. With nothing to keep it in place, the hair fell gracefully on your shoulder. You weren't bothered, looking at the panicking girl calmly "Here take my hairpin."

"Huh? No, no you don't have to!" Wide eyes Jennette shook her head, completely forgetting her hair getting more messy.

You ignored her protest and carefully placed the hairpin while brushing the tangled hair. "Consider it a gift for your first debute."

Stunned, she watched in wonderstruck. Her pure eyes made you shift away, the guilt of past action chipping away at you. "It suits you better." A beat of silence as Jennette tentatively touched the hairpin, a small smile on her lips. "See you around then. Enjoy the banquet alright."

Your haste departure left her disappointed but you had to get away. There was a ominous nauseating feeling in your stomach, a sickeningly familiar sensation that made you sick stomach further twist in dread.

A regal, intimidating figure appeared in your sight. You paused.

Shit...

Claude's eyes were searching the crowd frantically before they found you. Taking big hasty impatient steps, he stopped infront of you. His pinched expression relaxed, stiff shoulders visibly sagging a bit and a small barely audible sigh raked his figure as you found you harmless. You sheepishly smiled a small oops leaving your lips as the expression on his face was less than friendly. Claude sharply frowned in disapproval which only deepened more at your unravelled hair. "What happened?"

You touched your hair, "This? I gave away my hair pin to a girl. Hers was broken. I didn't want that poor's girl special day ruined."

Claude raised a eyebrow, silently scrutinizing you and deep sigh followed. Although he wanted to stay mad, your puppy eyes made it impossible. "Turn around."

You did. Startled for a brief second when he came closer.

His presence pressed closer to your back, close enough to feel his cool breath against your ears. Contrary to your thoughts, Claude took small section from your front hair and pulled it back. Not before you felt as he started braiding it in princess style and you blinked in surprise. "Is it too tight?"

You refrained from shaking your head, not wanting to ruin his efforts. "No."

You closed your eyes enjoying the feel of his careful fingers running through your hair. You opened them when you heard the silence break with countless gasps of disbelief and shock.

People were dumbfounded, jaws dropped to the floor with eyes bulging out of sockets.

"Pfft--"

"Hmm?"

You nodded towards the crowd with entertained grin. "Look at their pale faces Claude. Pfft-- it's priceless!"

Claude spared a indifferent glance before continuing to braid your hair. "They are just bunch of spineless pests. Ignore them."

"That's a bit harsh but oh well," Aimlessly your eyes wandered around, taking in the hilarious sight when a pair of eyes made you pause. Blue eyes..?

A chill ran down your spine. You blinked and it was gone. What the--

The pair of eyes had eerie resemblance to one you loved so much. Were you eyes deceiving you?

"Is something the matter?" Claude asked seeing you slightly dazed state, a look of concern flashing in his eyes. You shook your head.

"Done already? You become expert." You smiled at him, impressed. Touching your hair, you glanced at the crowd again before your eyes widened as for a split second pain flashed through your head.

Not catching your wince, Claude pursed his lips, his eyes following your line of sight. He couldn't find anything out of ordinary.

"I'm going to washroom. I'll be back."

Claude snapped his head to you, begining of protest on the tip of his tongue.

"I want to freshen up." You said, giving him a pointed look. "I'll make it quick."

A beat of silent stare down, Claude's expression soured but he nodded stiffly. "Alright."

Beaming, you pressed a quick grateful kiss on his cheek before hurrying away less he changed his mind.

The left side of the castle hosted guests room. It was the last room in wing you entered and found her.

"Celestria, can you not do your telepathy thing in my head? You sound so creepy I'd have nightmares for weeks on end."

You said standing at the threshold, staring down at the entity quietly standing in the room.

Celestria merely smiled; a cold, empty curl of lips with no apparent emotion. The fog in the room moved eerily, her pitch black gown spread across the floor like claws of doom rising from hell, the air cold and heavy. The hair on back of neck sprang up as goosebumps erupted over your body.Gathering your courage you ventured further into the room and closed the door behind. And immediately regretted it.

It felt like you had stepped into another space disconnected and cut off from the world beyond the door. Knowing her, the idea wasn't too far fetched.

"I had no way to contact you, not with the lover of yours prowling around you."

You crossed you arms putting a brave face, "So why did you call me? As far I know I still got time."

"Such impatience. Is it only with me?"

"Yes, you're special." You said rolling your eyes.

"Firstly child, time is slipping away like the miniscule grains of sand. You already must be facing the symptoms. You have accomplished all your your tasks, yes?"

Your arms went slack. You instinctively gripped your forearm, almost feeling the phantom pain. This crazy lady, did she have to remind you of things you rather not think about. You wanted to preserve your resolve till end without wavering. You weakly scoffed, "That's right. Everything is nearly done. Just a few more adjustments and a happy ending for everyone."

Celestria was silent for a few seconds as her dull eyes searched your face. You shivered feeling her haze like sharp claws running down your skin. A low hum parted from her red lips "It's a unfortunate event. You'd successfully stop the encore but that means a tragic end for you. Despite the happiness and serenity you must be feeling a great deal of anguish. The decision must be tearing you apart."

You laughed humourlessly, "It that your idea of torturing me? You're something else, Crazy Lady."

"You should know I'm not the antagonist of your life, child." The fog wiggled around you, curling up your legs.

Her soft whisper ceased your cold laugh and you sighed, eyes dull and lost of all it's spark. "l know Crazy lady. I know. I'm just being a salty bitch."

Celestria seemed she wanted to say something but her eyes moved towards the door sharply and remained transfixed.

Your confusion was soon answered when the door violently slammed open. The thick fog blocked the entrance, shrouding the identity of the silhouette.

But you didn't have to see the face to recognise the person.

Your heart sank, "C-Claude."

"Finally we met."

The cold voice cut through the thick fog and sharply gritted on your ears.

Seconds later, you were yanked away from Celestria and thrust behind Claude who stood before you like a impenetrable shield.

Oh god no...

No matter how many times you blinked, the situation before you was happening for real. A pit of dread formed in your stomach as you peeked over his broad shoulders and nearly lost it.

Celestria was cornered against the wall. A heavy sword pressed against her neck. She was bleeding. A trickle of red stained her midnight gown as the blade nicked her pale delicate skin. Yet Celestria remained unfazed.

"Such repulsive eyes," Celestria mused, her thoughtful gaze on Claude's menacing glare. "I wonder if that's what the child sees everytime she's looks at me."

The sword pressed harder. The air crackled with unveiled malice.

"Keep talking if you want your head rolling on the floor."

Strong thick sinister aura emanated from both of them as they stared each other down. Cold eyes clashed in mid air, though different hue looked similar in way they tried to intimidate each other, dominating solely through their presence.

"You," Claude coldly started, "What do you want for her?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Celestria tilted her head, a mocking curl of her lips coldly taunting Claude. "I must decline. I can't indulge you in secrets that are not mine."

"I have my ways to spill secrets." Claude's blue eyes flashed terrifyingly, lips pulled back in a cold snarl, "Let's see how long can you hold on."

You dug your nails in his back, trying to prevent him from advancing forward. Celestria wasn't someone he could trifle with. He was powerful, yes but Celestria was entirely another being.

As if to answer your dreadful thoughts, Celestria tapped the sword with her nail, a sharp sound echoed and the sword slowly disintegrated. Momentarily stunned, Claude glared at her, his eyes darting at you. Cautiously Claude stepped back, his left arm pushing you back protectively behind him. The action made Celestial smile. "You're a pitiful creature, ignorant of everything, wallowing in your own self pity, not knowing your actions would lead you to experience another tragedy. A heartache you'd never overcome."

Uneasy washed over Claude's stoic countenance and he ordered harshly, "I don't like people who speak in riddles."

A petrifying feeling of a blade being stroked against your most vulnerable part made you freeze momentarily.

Shut up, Crazy Lady!

A sharp emotion settled in her dull eyes akin to contempt and pity, "Love once lost can never be regained. Heart once broken never stays the same. Once experiencing true pain, knowing it's blinding power all one can do is run away helplessly. You know that, don't you?"

Claude sucked a sharp breath, his back trembled under your hold as he took a staggering step back, disturbed into silence.

This was escalating too fast. You had to stop her.

"Stop it, Celestria!"

Celestria continued, turning a blind eye to your pleading, "You might think you know everything but the truth is you don't comprehend anything. You pitifully ignorant, pathetically sheltered from everything. You truly never had a understanding of one you love. As things are you never will."

Claude's pupil shrank, his muscles pulled in taut, rigid yet trembling. Hostile yet helpless. Confused yet desperate to know.

"Celestria!" You sharp yell pulled her glaring eyes away from Claude. Your hands fisted into tight balls. She never acted this cruel, this ruthlessly to you. "Not a another word."

Celestria let out a long drawn. . " "Forgive me. I haven't felt such disgust in really long time. That demeanour of his having uncanny mirroring to my own is truly revolting."

You scowled, "What?"

A bout of cold laugh, Celestria suddenly went completely silent, her dull eyes piercing Claude's unfocused ones.

"Heed my words, you pitiful child. Though somethings are inevitable, the choice to give up is always yours. Indecisiveness brings regrets and regrets makes one's life a living hell. You will never escape it nor can you run away from it."

Claude flinched.

Celestria glared at him contemptuously almost like inside him, she could see a fragment of something she truly hated.

The fog gathered around her, moving violently as she clicked her tongue, a cold scoff directed at him, "Foolish boy."

With that she disappeared.

You blinked in daze. Why..did she looked so sorrowful right before she disappeared? Like she was remembering something painful?

You never seen her so riled up. A tinge of something seared your heart. You sighed. She was a mystery, not ready to unveil itself yet.Years of familiarity hadn't made any difference. You sighed. You hoped you will get to know her before everything comes to an end.

Enough stalling...

You were afraid to turn around. His looming presence behind made you fidget. What were you suppose to say? Truth was out of option. Lying to him was impossible he would know right away.

Slowly you turned around, bracing yourself, "She kinda have lose screws so don't take it to heart. All she speaks is gibberish nonsense. I swear everytime she speaks I lose a brain cell."

You paused sneaking a glance at him.

Claude was standing blank face. It set your nerves on edge since you couldn't read him at all. What was going inside his head? Was he bothered by Crazy lady's words? You cursed her with all the nasty words you knew.

"Claude, are you upset with her words--hmph!"

You couldn't continue as Claude's lips crashed roughly on yours. The force made you stumble against the wall. His tongue swept over your lips before forcing in. You couldn't keep up. His pace was rough, harsh, frantic and desperate.

"I love you." Claude murmured briefly parting from your lips to let you gulp much needed breath before dived in not giving you chance to reply.

Claude heavily pressed himself against you, his lips desperately sought yours, devouring and engulfing only leaving to murmur, "I love you."

Again and again he repeated those words like mantra, in daze with desperate longing. For a long time you were tangled together, pressed against each other, lips locked in frenzy. You finally separated, lungs heaving violently as you gulped air.

Claude's trembling hadn't eased up, his forehead pressed against your shoulder as he hid his face. You heard his weak whisper, "What's going on, (Y/n)? Tell me. Who was she? What was she speaking of?"

You couldn't answer.

Claude pulled back. His eyes pierced yours, the sharp line of his jaw were twitching as he clenched his teeth. "(Y/n)."

"Claude.."

Claude expression turned harsh and cold, "Her existence is of no meaning to me. I couldn't care less about her. But I do care if she's the reason you're suffering. Does her nonsensical words hold any truth, tell me."

"She's not. I'm not suffering because of her " You shook your head. "In fact she's the reason I'm here with you, with Athy and everyone."

A sharp emotion flashed across his face. "Who is she?"

You couldn't tell him the truth no matter how much desperate Claude was. "Do you trust me, Claude?"

Slightly taken aback by the suddenness of the question, Claude stared at you before slowly chewing out the words, "I do. I trust you."

You smiled weakly, burying your face in his neck to hide yourself. "Then please be patient with me. I tell you everything. Just not now."

"..."

His silence felt painful.

"There are empty words, aren't they?"

You bit your lips hard enough to draw blood.

Claude stiffened, his arms pushing you away at arms distance as he stepped back. You were smiling yet it wasn't reaching your eyes.

"When did I ever turn empty on my words, Claude?" Your words were light, airy and chirpy. Claude clenched his teeth. And so deceiving...

Lies told to pacify him. He understood.

"..Then I will trust you. That's all I can do." Claude said slowly like swallowing something bitter, a dark emotion heavily swirling in his dull eyes before he masked it behind a unreadable face. "We should go."

You remained leaning against the wall as he walked out the door before slowly sliding down, blankly staring at the floor your eyes stinging painfully. "I'm sorry..."

A weak frail whisper gone unnoticed and unheard by him.

After a long rounds of deep breaths, you finally stepped out, your disarray appearance smoothen out and instantly flinched at the thick bloodlust flooding the hallway.

Heart pulsing loudly in your ear your raced at the source of the unadulterated killing intent and found Athy clinging and pleading to Claude whose dark expression only grew more severe with each passing second. Even Felix's pleadings were getting ignored.

You quickly grasped the situation and intervened.

"Claude, stop it."

Claude flinched at your voice. He forced his stiff muscles to relax and brought his murderous urge under control. Composing himself, he shrugged off the tension from his shoulders and ordered. "You can let go."

Athy pulled away from Claude meekly. His harsh tone with Athy bothered you. Normally you'd have scolded him but you let it slide.

"Athy, why are you out here?" You asked, "Did someone bothered you, said something rude?"

"No," Athy said, "Both of you were gone. That's why I came out. Dad got the wrong idea. No one said anything to me. I'm just tired, I wanna go home."

You were relieved, "It is your first time with crowd. No wonder you are tired."

Athy nodded.

You glanced at Claude. He was silent, looking ahead with blank face. A sharp pang slashed your heart. He was avoiding you.

"Alright. I guess that's enough for fun today." You said.

"I'll go get the carriage ready." Felix said, his puzzled look darting from you to Claude. He must have sensed something was off about you both.

You forced a smile. "That'd be great. Thanks Felix."

"..."

He was still silent. It was suffocating.

Lowering your eyes sadly you turned to Athy. "Your tiara is crooked. Let me help you."

"No, it's fine. I'll do it myself." Athy said, stepping back away. Stunned your stared at your hovering hand before pulling away in confusion. Her head was turned away from you, her hands struggling to fix her tiara yet she refused to ask help.

You hand fell limp at your side. She must be tired. You said to yourself trying to brush away the slight sting from her quick rejection.

She is tired. She must be tired. Definitely.

You lower lip trembled. You lowered your head and waited silently for Felix to bring the carriage.

Your head was hurting, your eyes were stinging, from tiredness or something else you didn't let yourself dwell on it. Even your feets were killing you. The pointy heigh heels were mistake. You shouldn't have worn it. But the childish desire to match with Athy was hard to ignore. Now you were regretting it.

The carriage arrived. It took a few seconds to move your heavy throbbing legs. Athy had already got herself into the carriage and Claude was behind you. Maybe he was tried too, maybe his legs were heavy like yours. Or maybe you were in his way and slowing him down.

You smiled bitterly. Exhaustion was finally getting better off you.

"Eek!"

You yelped when your feets were swept off the ground and your cradled against a firm chest.

"You shouldn't force yourself when you're hurting."

You looked at him surprise and your mouth went dry. "I.."

"Rely on me. Your discomfort aren't yours alone, whether you want to believe it or not," Claude said, his face was unreadable as he carried you to the carriage. "It's part of me too."

Your throat clogged up. You buried your head in his neck, inhaling in his scent letting his warmth wash away the tiredness. You curled up in his arms, your safe haven.

You were reluctant to part from him when he got into the carriage and placed you on the seat. You wanted to be in his arms a bit longer, wanted to relish his warmth a bit more. You reined in your selfishness and sat back. But Claude had other intents.

You were taken aback when Claude pulled your head in his lap and draped his cloak on you.

"Sleep. I'll watch over you."

You spluttered. Athy was across you. She was seeing everything. How can he be so shameless?!

His fingers threaded through your hair, massaging your scalp and your tired eyes fluttered close, body going limp under his gentle ministration. All reluctance dissipated as you were slowly lulled into sleep.

"Mom must be tired." Athy whispered.

"Hmm." Claude forced his eyes away from your peaceful face and looked at Athy. Athy shifted uncomfortably. "She worked sleepless nights to make everything perfect for your debutante. It's no wonder all the fatigue has finally caught up to her."

Guilt made itself visible on Athy's face. "She's didn't have to that far..."

"She wanted to make you happy." Claude said, his calm gaze unmoving from her fidgeting figure. "But it's seems she failed."

Athy jolted, "That's not true! I'm happy! I really, really enjoyed today!"

"If that's the case what was that stunt earlier?" Claude asked. Though he didn't raise his voice, Athy still cowered back.

Athy desperately looked at you. At that moment she wished you were awake. You'd have shielded her from her Dad's scary demeanour and even scolded him for scaring her.

But you asleep and she had to face her Dad alone.

Athy licked her dry lips, and nervously started "I don't know.."

"You know what I'm talking about." Claude cut her off, cornering her.

Athy couldn't meet his eyes. Though it was mild glare, it was still terrifying.She had almost forgot how scary upset Claude was since it been years since Claude glared at her. Again she desperately wished you were awake. You'd have cooled his anger.

"Athanasia."

Athy flinched, closing her eyes. She could still feel her Dad eyes probing her. She finally relented, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt Mom. Earlier I saw her give her hairpin to a girl. I.. I, " Athy's face flushed and she painfully squeezed out, " I was jealous. She's my Mom but she was doting on some other girl. So I got upset and unintentionally hurt Mom. I'm sorry."

"I see."

Athy's eyes snapped open. The glare had vanished, the tension in the carriage disappeared. Claude relaxed back, amused eyes flickering over her.

Sulking, Athy groaned, "Not funny, Dad."

Claude cleared his throat. "That's no excuse for your attitude. Apologise to her properly after she wakes up."

"Yes." Athy sulked more, looking at you in guilt.

Claude leaned back and brushed his fingers over your cheeks, watching you stir and fell asleep. He stared at her sulking daughter and sighed, "Happy birthday Athanasia."

Athy blinked. Caught off guard at the gentle whisper after the scary ordeal. "You're gonna say it now?"

Claude shrugged, "Better late than never."

"You know I wasn't talking about that." Athy huffed in exasperation. "Forget it."

The carriage stopped.

Claude looked hesitant to wake up you as Athy got out. He relented knowing it was important to you.

"Hey, wake up. Don't you have something you need to give Athanasia?"

You stirred, "Claude..."

"Yes, it's me." Claude stiffly replied, his mind flashing to the mysterious woman
He shook off his thoughts and helped you out the carriage as you were still groggy. "Here."

You looked down as he placed something in your head. "Oh."

Now fully awake you looked at Claude. Biting your lips you walked to Athy who stood a few steps away shifting from one leg to another. Her eyes wavered as you got closer. You jumped back when she hugged you tightly and cried out.

"I'm sorry, Mom!"

"Huh?" You were confused. Stroking her head, you asked, "Sorry about what?"

"Earlier I was snappy to you." Her head hung down in guilt. "I am sorry."

Surprised you looked at her then back Claude who stood nonchalantly watching you both. You swallowed hard, "You don't need to apologise, I'm not upset. You were tired, I understand."

Athy couldn't bring herself to tell you the truth. "What's that, Mom?"

"Oh this." You held out the pink diary to her. "It's a diary. Diana left for you. A gift to convey her love to you. She entrusted me to give it to you on your debutante. Here take it, it's yours."

Athy stared at it unsure, before she took it in her hands. She inspected it and bit her lips. She looked at you while clutching the diary to her chest. "Hey Mom?"

"Yes?" You hummed in response.

"You will always be my Mom, right?" Athy asked, "You will always love me right?"

You smiled, pulling her into your arms. "I may not be the one who gave birth to you Athy but I will always your mom as long as you let me. I always love you, no matter what."

Athy hugged you tighter, "You're my Mom. I don't care about blood ties."

"I'm glad."

You and Claude stood there long after Athy had left. Strong wind ruffled your clothes and hair yet both of you paid no mind to it. Something far more important weighted heavily on your minds.

"Claude,"

"I don't know what are you hiding." Claude cut you off, his tone low and nonchalant. Wind ruffled his hair wildly, the moon casted dark shadows on his face as his eerily glowing blue eyes pierced yours, "All I know is I'm not losing you a second time. No matter what."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 2.5K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...
182K 5.2K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...
18.6K 642 16
This story evolves around a girl named Y/n who enters the world of a story/novel of [who made me a princess]. This was the novel she read just befor...
9.2K 455 19
Mallory, who had lived a life full of regrets, had always desired to live more abundantly. She was envious of the freedom and joy that others seemed...