Can You Love Me Most? | 𝘙đ˜ĻīŋŊ...

By jxlvpin

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 đĨđ—ŧđ—ŧ𝐤𝐞𝐝 đĸ𝐧𝐭đ—ŧ 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝐈 đŖ𝐮đŦ𝐭 - 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘." ĪŸ Selene Black is the younge... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
1| Hello
2| Dementor! Dementor!
3| First Lesson
4| Nice Isn't He?
5| We Meet Again
6| Patronus
7| Brother
8| It Can't Be, Can It?
9| T H E T R U T H
10| Opinion
11| Heal
12| Waterloo
13| The Marauder's Map
14| Innocent
15| Holidays
16| Under the Mistletoe
17| Christmas Bliss
18| Trust Gred and Feorge
19| Triumph
20| Tighter Security
21| Hurt
22| Monica's Discovery
23| Valentine's Day
24| Killjoy
25| Remus's 34th
26| Hermione
27| A Change of Patronus
28| Confessions
29| The Fight
30| Regrets
31| Champions
32| Luke Montez
33| Exams
34| Padfoot's Plan
35| Mission Slightly Failed
36| Chaos at the Shrieking Shack
37| Revelations
38| Peter Pettigrew
39| The Full Moon
40| And Everything Fell Into Pieces
41| Heartbroken
42| Last Hurrah
43| Last Train Ride and Letters
44| Ghost
45| 19th
46| Safe and Sound
47| The Beginning of The Auror Life
48| Training
49| Back at Hogwarts
50| The Third and Final Task
51| Aftermath
52| News
53| The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black
54| Recruiting For the Order
55| Reunion
56| Apology Accepted
57| Anastasia Dolohov
58| Peace Offering
59| Finally
60| The Advance Guard
61| Harry
62| Night Talks
63| Affirmations
64| Celebrations
65| False Alarm
66| Sick
67| Caught In The Act
68| A New Affair
69| Adjusting
70| Return
71| Suspicions
72| Lyall Lupin
73| Strained
74| Grief
75| Date
76| Mark Me
77| Mates
78| Red
79| St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
80| Happy Anniversary
81| Christmas at Grimmauld Place
82| First Day of the Year
83| Jealousy, Jealousy
84| Hell
85| Love of My Life
86| Congratulations, We're Engaged
87| The Will of Orion and Alphard Black
88| Down South
89| Last Days
90| Forever
91| Charles Dumbledore
92| Love Me
93| Just The Two Of Us
94| Angry, But In a Playful Way
95| An Unexpected Surprise
96| A Little Lupin
97| Level Nine, The Department Of Mysteries
98| You Promised
99| Spread Your Wings And Fly Away
100| A New Beginning
101| An Extraordinary Attachment
102| Remus' Babies
103| Butterflies and Baby Names
104| Come Back, Please
105| A Nostalgic Place
106| Reunited
107| I Gave You My Heart
108| The French Veela
109| Preparations
110| February 10th, 1997
111| Welcome To The Family
112| Everything
113| King Of My Heart
114| Dumbledore's Downfall
115| Until The End
116| Harry's Arrival
117| Mr. And Mrs. William Weasley
118| Everything Has Changed
119| Regulus Arcturus Black
120| The Capture
121| Not Who He Seems
122| Good To Have You Back
123| Enough
125| Two Unexpected Gifts
126| It's Happening
127| The Battle Begins
128| Fire & Blood
129| Live For Me
130| The End
Epilogue

124| Birthdays and News

2.1K 65 12
By jxlvpin

A/N: HELLO EVERYONE! I'm afraid to say that we are nearing the end of this story *sad violin music*, and I'm making a few time skips. For those who have been drained out lately and have mental health issues, know that you're valid <3

It was mid-afternoon, two months after Christmas.

The house was as busy as ever.

Today, was a very special occasion for all of us. It was the day of Hope's first birthday.
If I was almost emotional and near to bursting into hysterics, I was hiding it very well.

I still couldn't believe that it had been a year since Hope came into our lives, the same day since her father and I had been engaged.

Without a doubt, our lives had changed for the better when she made us her parents, and a family.

Remus had made sure that Hope's first birthday was to be simple yet perfect.

"Oh, shove off Moony! You're doing it wrong!"
Sirius said, exasperated as Remus tried to place two pink bows on a laughing Hope's hair.

"Well, what do you expect? Her mother's the one who ties her hair and boys don't wear bows!" Remus said in annoyance. "Stay still please, sweetheart."

"Oh, step aside boys." I laughed, shaking my head and I took Hope and fixed her curls.

The two blushed at the same time and scratched the back of their heads.

"There. That's a lesson for your Dad and Uncle Padfoot, right Hope?" I grinned once I finished and laughed alongside Hope at their sheepish faces.

"I promise, Hope, your first birthday's going to be simple but special and perfect," Remus said, carrying Hope to his side and kissing her cheek with a smile while we headed outside the garden, where he and Sirius had set the celebration.

Arthur and Molly, Ana, Bill and Fleur, Lyall and Andromeda were standing by the dining table and sorting out the cutlery as they engaged in lively conversation.

Fred, George, and Tonks were sprawled on the ground, howling with laughter in unison.

They all looked up when the four of us entered the scene with bright smiles. "Happy Birthday!" they all chorused, dropping everything that they were doing and rushing towards us.

"Thanks, everyone for coming," I said gratefully, Molly is the first to greet Hope by kissing her on the cheek.

"Seems only yesterday when we got the news, Remus," she sighed with a smile before wiping the corner of her eye with a tissue. "She's growing up so fast."

"Go on, open your presents, pup." Sirius encouraged, Remus set Hope down on the blanket that was stretched across the grass as she crawled over the big mountain of presents.

"Presents can wait, the birthday girl needs to start her day with a feast." I grinned.

After we all ate lunch together, Remus had conjured up a shower of silvery stars with his wand, along with thousands of golden confetti which floated above us, much to everyone's amusement, especially Hope's.

"Happy Birthday, my little girl," he said, smiling and looking at her in my arms with love. "Daddy and Mummy love you so much."

My heart melted completely. We kissed each side of her cheeks in unison, and Andy took the perfect opportunity to snap a photo as the remaining shower of stars and confetti showered down upon us.

"A beautiful photo for a beautiful family." she chuckled to herself.

"Any news of Ted, Andy dear?" Molly asked hopefully as she helped gather the dishes in the sink along with Fleur and Tonks.

Ted had made the grave decision to leave home a few months ago and was currently on the run due to the prejudiced Muggle-born registration still going on (as we had dreaded, was run by Dolores Umbridge).

Many muggle-borns have been dragged into the Ministry, stripped of their wands, some faced the Dementors and many, unfortunately, didn't survive.

"No," Andy started sadly. "We haven't heard his name in the victims' list, nor has Dora received any news of him being brought to the Ministry."

"I am sure he's alright. I pray every night he'll return home to you both safely." Fleur said reassuringly, placing a hand on Tonks' shoulder.

The thought of Ted being part of those unfortunate haunted me. I couldn't bear to lose the man who had helped raise me, and the man whom I considered my father when my own couldn't be one.

Brushing that away, I looked over the window, as I watched Remus and Hope by the dinner table, along with Sirius and the remaining others. It was an adorable sight to see.

But my smile faded away and was replaced with wide eyes when I noticed Hope's mouth smeared with something- brown?

And she was sucking it on her father's finger –

"Remus!" I immediately opened the window, and he shot his head up as well as she, much to their confusion. "What are you two doing?"

"She's eating some of that leftover chocolate cake, obviously," he called out. The corners of his lips curled up a bit, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Look! She likes it!"

"No, absolutely not! That's enough, she might catch a cough!" I warned sternly, but he simply smirked.

"Oh come on, our daughter just turned a year old today. Give her some freedom!" he teased.

I rolled my eyes playfully at him and shut the window close, his laughter being muffled from outside.

The others couldn't help but giggle too.

"You can't deny it, Selene. My goddaughter really takes after her Dad." Tonks laughed.

There was another celebration that night. Hope had gotten lots of presents. A set of stuffed animals and a little bracelet with a moon from me and her father, Gryffindor scarves and a toy Quaffle from Sirius, headbands and knitted sweaters from the Weasleys. From Fleur, dozens of vintage dresses and doll shoes, wizarding and muggle fairy tale books from Andy and Tonks, and more baby toys from her grandfather and the Weasley twins.

"Come on Hopey, say, Mummy," Fred said, Lyall, holding Hope up as the red-head grinned in anticipation

No answer.

"No, no, no, say Daddy." George tapped her shoulder to gain her attention.

Still no answer.

Hope simply babbled to herself, sitting back down and playing with the set of building blocks the twins got for her.

"She hasn't said her first word yet you blokes, don't pressure her that much." Sirius laughed, handing them two glasses of whiskey as they exchanged confused looks.

"Have you seen Ana lately?" I asked Remus as we sat on the couch.

"No, why?" he mumbled, rather puzzled. I pointed my finger at Ana, sitting by the table, head propped on her hand, and was oddly silent.

She looked... different?

Lately, she was looking rather pale and not her usual self like before; often being moody and quiet at times, but after hours, she would return to her old self.

"Maybe they got into a fight," Remus said quietly, looking at her and Sirius.

I thought otherwise.

Maybe she and Sirius were keeping a secret.

I squinted my eyebrows in suspicion.

I had to ask them both later on.

It was Hope's birthday, and I wouldn't dare to ruin it at the moment, so I decided to wait until the guests left.

"Dinner was wonderful, Selene. I'll see you all soon." Andy warmly kissed my cheek and waved goodbye before she and Tonks Disapparated.

I flicked my wand over the mess by the table, cleaned it within two seconds, and arranged the washed dishes back into the kitchen racks.

I became curious when I heard the sound of laughter in the living room. And when I came to inspect, a bright smile stretched across my face as I watched Remus settle Hope down on Sirius' back as the latter crawled around and she kept on laughing.

A comical sight to see.

"Arggh, wait! My back!" he exclaimed after a minute, making everyone burst into laughter as Remus carried Hope away and Sirius stood up, rubbing his back with a wince before sinking into the couch, wrapping an arm around Ana and pulling her closer to him so he could press his lips against her forehead.

"You're growing old," I joked, walking into the room and approaching the giddily-looking Hope. "Well done, sweetheart."

Sirius let out a dramatic gasp and placed his hand on his chest before rolling his eyes in fake offense and snickering to himself.

My attention was fully on my daughter who stood up, supported by the couch, and reached for Moony which Sirius handed to her in an instant.

Until I heard Ana's quite audible whisper to Sirius, which made me suspicious once more.

"- Should we tell them by now?"

"It's best for the best, love."

I heard them both stand up from the couch, making me turn my head around and glance at them ambiguously. I hadn't noticed Remus do the same thing as well.

"Um- guys?" Sirius started in an awkward voice, rubbing his hands uncomfortably with bright red cheeks. "I- we- know... it's Hope's birthday and a VERY special occasion for you both, but we hate to break up this sweet moment with slightly revolting news."

"Go on," Remus said slowly.

"You guys are engaged? Congratulations in advance –" I said briskly but was cut off by Sirius.

"No, not yet. I- I'm not ready for that just yet." he cleared his throat, slightly giggling and tried his best to control the flushing of his face.

"Is everything alright?" asked Remus anxiously as he looked between them, wanting an answer from them.

"More than fine, actually," said Ana.

I touched the lower part of my neck in realization, looking at Remus in shock and returning my attention to the pair.

I had finally realized what was going on before Sirius spoke with a smile.

"Ana's pregnant."

A/N: Continued in Chapter 125 :)

I had to leave this on a cliffhanger, I originally had no intentions to make Ana pregnant this early- but the idea suddenly clicked into my mind a few weeks ago.

Thanks to one of my BFFs for the idea <33

Guess what'll happen next? 😃

- jxlvpin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 310 21
𝐩𝐮đĨđĨ𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 đŦ𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨đĨ. 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞đĢ 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐜𝐡𝐚đŦ𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞đĢđŦ. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 đŦ𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 đĻ𝐨đŦ𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚đĨđĨ𝐞...
1.6K 87 17
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...
162K 5.3K 44
It all starts when Ashling Black wakes up in bed next to a stranger. Her uncle Sirius Black is going to kill her if he finds out. Especially if he fi...
76.6K 2.9K 114
Selene Black and Remus Lupin have a complicated relationship, to say the least. They're best friends, sure - best friends who are deeply, madly in lo...