His Path Of Redemption

By Manhattanwannabe

Prologue How do you fix something that is beyond repair? How do you stop your heart from breaking each time y... More

A/N
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter- 3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter- 8
Chapter-9
A/N
Chapter 10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter- 19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Character aesthetics.
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
1K? 1K.
Chapter- 38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
A\N

Chapter 49

74 6 12
By Manhattanwannabe

Olivia's pov:

I wouldn't say the silence in the car was awkward. It was...more confused. Blaze was confused as to what just happened and I was confused as to how did this side of mine come out?

This me, is someone who I knew existed but never expected her to show up, ever. A part of me felt awful for behaving the way I did with Blaze's family but a major part of me felt no regret. One thing I've learnt by now about him is that, no matter how poorly his family has treated him, he always has protected them, always has made sure they're safe. I know his heart has no love for either of them, but the humanity in him makes him do it. Like Stacey and literally every person related to Blaze I ever met says, he might have done a lot of bad things but he's not a bad person.

"Are you okay?" Blaze broke the silence.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" I queried.

He smirked.

"Livvie, what was that? I'm not mad or anything but I've never seen this side of you...ever, honestly I'm more worried than anything." He said.

"I was suppose to keep my mouth shut as it was a family matter but the minute your family started throwing insults your away, it got out of control. I can deal with everything that comes my way, even a few insults but what they were saying, crossed a limit. Blaze I apologise for my outburst but I can't take anyone insulting you, and when they started demanding to have the stone, it struck a nerve." I explained.

The man next to me sighed.

"Are you actually sorry?" He questioned.

"Not really." I replied immediately and honestly.

He chuckled.

"Olivia I'm not mad or anything, those people standing there were just few souls breathing and sharing the same blood as mine. I protect them and look after them because it was an obligation to my father that came down to me, and it just shows some ounce of humanity that is left inside me and makes me a human, that's all. However, what happened today is something unexplainable for you too, I presume. If there is any sort of regret floating inside you, you shall remember these were solely your actions and you're answerable to yourself." He told me.

I just nodded.

"I do a lot of horrible things on a daily basis but I don't hold anyone but myself accountable for all the mess I create. You might later regret this a bit too much but I'm not going to console you saying it is okay because like I said, you are responsible for your actions and words. I would never stop you from speaking up for yourself or how you feel but you must remember that words said and actions done are never forgotten." He spoke.

"I'm well aware of what I have done today and as cold as I sound, they deserved it." That's all I said.

"Ethically what you did today was not right but if if I were man living with ethics and rules I'd be the President of America." He said while I chuckled.

"Since I'm not, as long as you feel and believe what you've done was right-" I cut him off.

"It wasn't, not in my book atleast, but, if taking stand for someone I love even though I know he does 100 really terrible things everyday but in that one moment...when I know that he is doing right by those people, I WILL do what I have today again, if I have to, no matter what." I said.

Blaze just smiled

"Well, atleast my dream of seeing Becky catch bending for once in her whole life was fulfilled." He said and we both laughed hard.

Another thing I learnt in that moment was, Blaze is complicated, he is cold, he is selfish, he is ruthless, he is the black sky, but...a part of him that cares for the people he loves and would never let a scratch on them makes him the brightest shining star in my sky.

-----------

We entered the penthouse in Greece and saw a lot of chaos. Chaos of two pet pigs scared to death in front of a big...BLACK PANTHER?!?!?!

Greta and Sage were trying to pull back the pigs but the black panther won't let them budge.

Danica was standing with a...pan? in her hand?

What in god's name is wrong with her.

Asher and Shawn were trying to pull back the panther but obviously he won't budge.

"Holy shit." I said as everyone looked at us including the panther.

The minute he saw us he slowly started walking towards us, Blaze precisely.

"Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Ho-" Blaze cut me off.

"He doesn't bite." Blaze said.

I left a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Unless I ask of course." He said and I almost choked.

The Black Panther just stood in front of Blaze and bowed down.

Wait what?

How and why is a panther bowing down to him?

Blaze just stared at it and then looked at the pigs.

"Greta get them out before he decides what he wants for his meal." Blaze said and Greta nodded, horrified.

Blaze just walked towards a room while I followed him.

The minute we entered the room both Blaze and the panther relaxed, sort of.

The panther then looked at me and started walking towards me.

"Alright kid, back off okay?" I said looking at him.

"Look, I've done as it is enough for today, don't make me take a life." I said as he continued walking.

"Listen dude, you really need-" I was cut off as I saw him bowing down to me.

Mhm...Blaze taught him right.

Shut the fuck up.

"Blaze, do you care to explain?" I asked.

"That's the first person I called family, ever." He said.

"Uhm..?" I said.

He chuckled and walked towards us.

He slowly caressed panther's head and sat down next to him as the panther sat down too.

I have never seen Blaze sit on the floor ever, hell he doesn't pick up his own files or papers from the floor, Tyberias or Marcus or anyone else does it.

"I was 7, one day I heard few of my family members tall about how my parents have brought a living hell on earth and a curse to this family. Honestly I was use to it but only difference was, it was my birthday that day. I've never been fond of them or anything but all I hoped on that day was to be able to atleast breathe peacefully. After what I heard that day I felt suffocated. I wasn't sad or mad but felt suffocated and that's why I decided to leave the house for a little walk. We were here in Greece and the Palace like you've seen is surrounded by jungle. I started walking into the depths of the forest. While passing through a bush I saw a den, he was sitting outside it. I saw 2 older versions of him sleeping around the corner and few cubs playing. I saw him trying to join them while they just pushed him away. He didn't try again, I saw myself in him but the didn't do anything and left. While returning back from the forest I saw him sitting there only. His family was having a meal while he just sat where he was sitting while I left. I was not sure if I should take him the only thing I did was caress his head and leave. By the time I reached home I saw him following me, he was small, a cub. I knew he would never turn back, since then I decided that I'll keep him. Mom was very annoyed but dad and flora were happy about it. Since that day, I had someone whom I could call family." Blaze ended.

I was amazed would be an understatement. I was shook and overwhelmed. I sat down in front of them and looked in the panthers eyes. When I looked carefully I saw too many feelings swirling in, all of a sudden the black panther wasn't scary anymore. His eyes were more than expressive, just like Blaze's.

"So, what's his name?" I asked.

"Bagheera." Blaze said.

Jesus Christ.

I bursted out laughing. I was legit wheezing.

"You...*laughs* named h-him...*laughs* after jungles books...*coughs* *laughs* BAGHEERA?" I questioned.

"Alright look, I use to watch that a lot as a kid so yea...I named him Bagheera, besides it's a very powerful name." He explained.

"S-sure." I laughed.

"Hold up, why'd he bow to me?" I queried.

"He can make out when someone royalty." He replied.

"Please, that's not possible." I said as a matter of factly.

"Everything is possible in my world Olivia." Blaze said.

"Dude, you & I both know that is absolute bullshit." I retorted.

"Fine, you got me. You smell of me, that's why. Nobody in all these years has ever smelled of me, he knows you're important." He said the truth.

I looked with awe at Bagheera. I slightly caressed him and he let me.

"He's cute." I whispered.

"He's been through a lot too." Blaze bitter smiled and headed to the bathroom.

I looked at Bagheera again, I joined our foreheads.

"I'm sorry for everything you had to go through bud, I promise you'll live your best now on." I whispered to him.

I parted our heads after a few seconds and just smiled at him.

A knock on the door made me get up from my seat. I opened the door and saw Tyberias standing there.

"Sup, Tybear?" I asked.

"I would deeply appreciate if you could use my government registered name." He said.

The guy gets damn annoyed when I call him that but there's nothing he can do about it.

"no." I said.

He sighed and said.

"Dinner's ready, just came to inform."

"Cool, we'll be there." I replied as he left.

I quickly changed into something comfy and told Blaze I'm heading out for dinner and asked him to come too.

----------

"So Greta, do you care to explain why were there two stinky pigs in my house?" Blaze asked while cutting his chicken.

"Oh, um, I wasn't suppose to get them over but they won't let me leave just like that. I tried for like an hour but they just won't stay, I made sure to give them bath before coming here but they were...well yea still stinking." Greta explained.

"Who pets pigs, Greta?" He asked.

"Who pets panthers Blaze?" I asked as everyone else chuckled.

"C'mon Blaze, those pigs guarded you when you were 6 months olds." Greta said as Blaze almost choked on his food.

"WHAT?" He yelled.

"Yes, ask your mother next time. Your parents had gone out and left you with me. Your sister was playing in with her toys while I had to rush home for an hour for some reason, that's when I asked pills and fins to guard you, which they did." She narrated.

"How exactly two pigs with absurd names like pills and fins were suppose to protect me?" Blaze queried.

"Oh, they always smelled awful, at times even I wouldn't wanna go close to them, trust me they'd smell like undigested poop at times. There was no chance any living being would dare to come close to them when they smelled like that." Greta said chewing her chicken.

Greta said it like it was very normal was pigs to smell like undigested poop and she was very use to it which she probably was but Blaze looked like he'd poop any minute.

"We're having food Greta, for fucks sake." Blaze said, looking sick, like really sick.

"I was just answering your questions." She replied.

Blaze whispered something under his breath while all of us were laughing hard.

Blaze has always been so hygienic it reminds me of dad all the time. I can imagine how he just wants to go and have bath.

The image of Blaze surrounded with two pigs just makes me wheeze harder.

---------

It's probably because you smell of me.

Not gonna lie, when he said that I actually felt butterflies or some sort of weird feeling in my stomach.

I've been standing in front of the mirror for 15 minutes now just smelling my t-shirt. I promise it isn't as terrible as it sounds.

Girl, you've started smelling like him.

I know.

The opening and closing of door bought me out of my daze.

"What are you doing?" Blaze asked.

I turned towards him and started walking towards him.

"I smell like you." I whispered to him.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Okay?" He said, it sounded more like a question.

"It feels good." I whispered again.

He stared at me adoringly for a solid second and the bent towards me right here.

"Do you entirely wanna smell of me? everywhere?" He whispered.

It didn't take a second for me to say yes.

In no time there unexplainable lust in both our eyes. I pulled him by the neck and connected our lips which turned into a very hungry kiss.

"Jump" He whispered as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

He then walked towards the bed and put me down as I detached his t-shirt from his body and he planted rough kiss on my neck.

As a matter of fact, I knew tonight was gonna be a long one.

Bruh lowkey really wanna write sex scenes but the fear of breaking the link just doesn't vanish :(

Anyway, I think max 5 chaps and we'll be done w this book!

Love,

Author.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 5.8K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...
3.9M 74.1K 89
*THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY EDITED* TW: kidnapping, manipulation, toxic/abusive relationship, violence, death, grief, self-harm, suicidal thoughts...
1.4M 50.8K 52
1St in #possesive 1ST in #abuse 1ST in #arrangedmarriage 1ST in #hatelove 1ST in #rich 1ST in #tortured The next thing she knew was that she was sl...
2.2K 127 32
Vengeance. It is one of the most hazardous addiction. Burning in the flames of vengeance doesn't happen on its own, it's requires a reason or in the...