Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

81. Blissful Days

7.7K 363 83
By ExhaustedSoul06

Fingers tapping on the surface of the table matched the rhythm of your legs as you bounced them up and down. Many documents were sprawled across the table, you switched between correcting them and making changes to approve them.

"Mi'lady, the decorator has come."

Putting down the pen, you stretched your body and let out a yawn. Getting up from your seat, you nodded to Hannah. "Show him the Golden palace. I'll be there in a minute."

Hannah nodded eagerly and left with your command. And another maid came over with a message.

"The dress has arrived, mi'lady. The seamstress said she made it exactly with the design you provided her and is asking if you want to make any modifications."

You brightened up at the prospect of that, "Take her to the drawing room. I'll meet her once I'm done with the decorator. And make sure Athy doesn't see the dress. Can't have our surprise ruined, now can we?"

The maid smiling left to abide. Only for another maid to arrive. You didn't seem to have the luxury to catch a breath.

"The chief was asking what should be the main theme for the food."

Without missing a beat, you replied over your shoulder as you hurried to meet the decorator, "Mix Cuisine. Delegates and Ambassadors from other Empires will be attending the debutante too. We can't leave them out. Tell the chief the food theme should be Mix cuisine."

A tired yawn escaped your lips as you pushed passed the servants scurrying around to prepare for the upcoming banquet. You stopped at the center, inspecting the palace where the debutante would be held.

"Is this to your liking, Mi' lady?"

You were impressed, eyes wide in awe. Everything was sparkling gold. Red carpets lined up on the floor, pristine white cape with golden embroidery covered the pillar and the railings. A matching set of soft-hued flowers were placed neatly at the appropriate places. You beamed at the decorator. "You did a fantastic job. There's only one thing I want to change. The chandeliers should be gold-plated. And add two more at the center. That's the spotlight, where the dancing will take place. I don't want it to look bland."

The decorator bowed. "Of course, Mi'lady. I'll get to it right away."

Sighing softly, you rubbed your throbbing forehead from lack of proper sleep -courtesy of a certain someone- when a glass of water came into your view.

"You're working hard. Rest a little. "

Taking the glass of water offered by worried Lily, you shook your head.

"It's Athys' debutant, her first debutant. I want it to be a perfect and unforgettable day for her. This will be her first appearance in public too, I have to make it memorable for her," You said firmly, smiling as you gulped down the water. "I want her to remember it as the happiest day of her life."

Lily sighed helplessly. "Princess will be happy once she sees the effort, I'm sure of it."

You beamed at her. "I sure hope so!"

Lily's worry deepened when you yawned again, rubbing your tired eyes.

"Why don't you take a short break? You've been working yourself for the past few weeks. It won't do you any good if you collapse, you'll make everyone worry. Especially His Majesty." Lily added convincingly.

You shuddered thinking of Claude's wrath. Worried Claude was overwhelming and overprotective Claude when normal Claude was scary enough. He probably wouldn't let you set foot out of the bedroom if he knew you were overworking. You had a few experiences already.

"Guess a short break wouldn't hurt." You said unsurely, scratching your cheek. Lily beamed, ushering you out.

"I'll look after the preparation. So please be at ease."

The door slammed in your face. You blinked before moving away. Rest would be nice, but the pending preparation was giving you nervous jittery. Rest was the last thing on your mind.

As you walked around the majestic garden, taking in the beautiful view. You couldn't believe nearly a decade has come to pass. The little girl who used to run around carelessly was now having her debutante. Athy had grown up and you couldn't be more proud of how beautifully she had bloomed. Beautiful just like her mother Diana

You sighed, your heart throbbing in nostalgia. Shaking it off, you peeked at the looming shadow of the Imperial palace before making your way there. Wondering if Claude's meeting with the snake bastard was over.

Your question was soon answered when you walked into the empty Throne room. The first thing you noticed was the stiff atmosphere and a very cranky Claude nonchalantly seated on the throne, his cheek supported by his palm resting on the armrest.

His silence felt unnerving as his sharp gaze watched you walk closer without moving an inch, looking not a bit surprised at your unannounced presence.

He was used to your random barge-in.

You sweat-dropped. Was he still upset about this morning? C'mon, if you hadn't slipped away from his hold, he would have continued to suck all energy from you for another 2 hours, maybe even more! You couldn't afford that since you needed energy to walk to handle the preparation of debutante for Athy.

Almost as if he could read your thoughts -- which you wouldn't be surprised if he did since he seem to guess your thoughts almost terrifyingly accurate over the years-- he narrowed his eyes.

Smiling innocently, you cleared your throat, bowing in mock reverence. "Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Sun."

Claude's eye twitched but he remained silent, his sulky gaze still burning holes into you. Your little cheeky trick to lighten the mood didn't seem to work

You internally groaned. Yep, he was still upset you slipped away from his grasp this morning.

No wonder he's so pouty...

When your little wave of hello didn't elicit any visible reaction from him, you walked right up to him and plopped on his lap. Instinctively his left arm coiled around your waist to pull flush against him and you smiled. No matter how much upset he was, he wouldn't let the chance to have you close slip away.

"Hello there!" You said sweetly, peering at him from under your lashes, "Why so glum on this fine day?"

He diverted his eyes away with a grumpy huff, his long slender fingers tapping on his chin as he gave you cold shoulder. You tried several times to meet his gaze but he kept turning away, looking in the exact opposite direction to avoid you.

Such a baby.

You stifled your laugh at his childishness, threading your fingers through his soft hair to gently massage his scalp, knowing he couldn't resist it. Like an overgrown cat, he sank into your soft touch through his hair before he caught himself, tensing up much to your glee, fighting his reflex to lean into your touch. Seeing his stubborn attitude, you tugged his hair to get his attention, "How long are you gonna be upset with me? I'm sorry."

He stubbornly remained silent.

Eyeing him with squinted eyes, you made a last-ditch attempt. "Fine. I'll go away then." You mumbled, peeking at him to see if he took the bait.

His arm around you tightened but he remained silent. Huffing under your breath, you made a move to get up only to be pulled against him tightly.

Heh, got you!

Smiling innocently, you tilted your head when he glared at you sharply, realizing your dirty trick. "What?"

"..." His sharp glare turned more sullen at your feigned obliviousness. When you continued to smile cluelessly, he sighed roughly, irritation and defeat laced his face. "Don't you think you are too busy these days?"

"Uh," Blinking at his abrupt question, you shrugged your shoulders nonchalantly. "Athy's debutante is mere weeks away. Of course, it's going to be busy. I need to prepare for everything. Ah, that reminds me I have to meet the seamstress. Guess I should get going--Eek!"

Claude didn't like your teasing much as he grabbed your waist when you stood up grinning and yanked you onto his lap till you were straddling him in an intimate position. "Troublesome woman..."

Laughing softly, you bumped your nose against his as he grumbled under his breath. Claude scrunched his nose, stubbornly resisting you.

You kissed his cutesy wrinkled nose and Claude made a face, sullenly leaning down when you pecked his forehead.

A brief moment of silence passed as you comfortably nestled your nose against his, looking into his mesmerizing blue eyes.

"Sorry, you have to handle my share of work too." Your eyes softened, thumb gently caressing the tired lines of his eyes before you placed a kiss on each of his lashes.

The two Academies you established after returning to your post of Royal Healer a few years ago were thriving. The two academies were basic; one for the magic user who could get training to enhance their magical skill without having to go through the process of entering the Imperial exam and getting eliminated subsequently due to high standards of royalty not letting people with little magic ability to pass, it was beneficial to people with average to little magical capabilities. And another was for the non-magic user who wished to become an herbalist and alchemist such as yourself.

Adding to that, the export trade of the herbal products with healing effects you produced by modifying Nora's research and adding your own little twists was hit among other Empires and was demanded on a high scale.

It required a lot of management and supervision to look over such high-profile establishments thus lots of paper works for you.

But due to you overtaking the preparation of debutante, Claude had to oversee that part of your work. You could only imagine how exhausting it must be for him to handle your paperwork on top of his own huge pile of work.

There was a reason why you were doing everything in your power to strengthen the political, economical and military power of the Empire. The burning ruins of once flourishing Obelia were seared in your mind, the nauseating smell of burning flesh still made you gag. You didn't know why it was in that ruined state in the first place. Whether it was internal factors or external forces that resulted in such devastating destruction you have yet to figure out.

Horror ate away at you as you wondered how many innocent lives were lost, people you cared for, and known, even strangers you met for fleeting moments cruelly perished. One thing was clear you have to prevent it from happening, so many people's lives were at stake.

You snapped out of your thoughts when a thumb brushed against your lower lip, gently stroking it.

"Hmm." His hooded eyes focused on yours and you had to fight back a shiver at the all-too-familiar glint in his eyes.

Claude was about to dismiss your absurd concern; why would he think of it as a burden when it was helping his Empire grow but he stopped, a slow smirk curling on his lips as his eyes glimmered with intent.

"I do earn myself a reward for my hard work, yes?"

You had an inkling of what kind of reward he was referring to. You couldn't help the disbelief that washed over you. He still wanted more even after this rigorous morning. This insatiable man...

Your reply came immediately, "No."

Claude instantly scowled. Your lips were twitching as you suppressed the urge to fawn over his grouchy expression. Of course, that didn't go unnoticed by him and his scowl deepened.

"By God woman, you drive me crazy," Claude grumbled, crashing his lips onto yours when you opened your mouth, most likely to tease him more.

Out of breath, you tried to untangle yourself from him only to fail, "No, really I have to go. The seamstress is waiting for me. I only came here to say hell-- Claude stop!"

Your muffled words were cut off when he picked you up, lips still locked with yours. When you protested, he sucked harder on your tongue, walking to the hidden resting place he built for himself.

"Claude, I have to meet the seamstres--"

"Shh," Tugging your lower lip between his teeth, Claude laid back you gently among the pillows and got on top. "Later. Right now I want you."

A strong sense of deja vu hit you hard at the familiarity of the cozy small space and the situation. Your cheeks heated up as your tiredly sank into the fluffy pillows.

"Claude," You started, placing your hands on his naked chest and peeking out of his godawful robes that barely covered anything- with every intention not to give into his persuasion.

"Don't be cruel." Claude softly bit your ear, stopping all protest as his robes slid off his shoulders and your mouth went dry. "Take responsibility for seducing me."

"I didn't seduce you." You weakly murmured as his fingers trailed over your thighs lightly, teasingly.

"You did," Claude mumbled, burning eyes locked with yours, his fingers sliding down the straps from your shoulders. Bite marks and bruises slathered your shoulders and collarbone, a reminder of last night and this morning. He smirked, proud and satisfied, "Every time I see you, you're seducing me. With your presence, your scent, your smile and your damn teasing. You're not innocent in this."

That's all it took to shatter your resolve and you melted into his touches.

Nearly a decade and you'd think that the passionate fire would calm down a bit but it only flamed higher, still blazing like a scorching inferno, igniting at the slightest touch of your partner.

Claude smirked triumphantly, reaching down to remove your shoes when a very dreadful annoyingly familiar noise came right above his head.

Meow!

You burst out laughing as Claude's face went from seductive to expressionless in a matter of mere seconds. His lips pressed into a hard line as he gazed bitterly at the intruder.

"Hello there, Ether." You looked over your head to see your little cat's smug expression as he leisurely licked his paws. Not his first-time interruption.

Shooting you a glare as you reached out to pat Ether, he grabbed him by his scruff and yeeted him off his shoulder, a portal appearing midair which Ether disappeared into it. Knowing Ether he was probably on his way back here to continue to aggravate Claude.

"Stupid cat." Claude scoffed under his breath, his glare flashing on you when you giggled. You coughed to cover up your amusement.

"Ha," Claude pinned your wrists above your head in his palm and grabbed your chin, whispering in a low threatening voice. "You won't be laughing for long.."

You shivered, biting your lips as desire slowly clouded your eyes. That didn't last long though as a familiar booming voice rang out loudly.

"You majesty, where are you? You'll be late for the meeting!"

Claude slowly closed his eyes. At this point, Claude was vibrating with frustration and a very keen desire to murder someone.

"Cancel it." Claude almost growled like a beast. You had to bite on your knuckles to stop the laugh bubbling in your throat.

"Pfft--"

A beat of silence. You could picture it, Felix turning red after realizing you were with Claude.

Instead of feeling embarrassed, you only softly snickered at Felix's misfortune. He had caught you both in many compromising situations - nothing too mortifying but for an innocent guy like Felix, it was enough of an incentive to not meet your eyes for the next few days.

It was hilarious how many times he got himself in the same repeated situation despite trying his best to avoid it.

"You can't!" Felix's flustered shout slammed into Claude whose dark countenance continued to crumple more, "You already cancelled it 4 times and postponed it many times before. You can't keep doing it! It'd cause chaos among the nobles!"

"Felix," a deep growl rumbled through Claude's chest making you jump. "Do I look like I care? Cancel it. I'll attend the meeting some other time."

"Your majesty!" Felix shouted desperately, "Princess debutante is near. The next meeting couldn't be until later. That would be too late. You can't miss this one. It's an important matter regarding the economy of the Empire!"

A tense silence passed and you peeked cautiously at him, feeling the tiniest bit bad.

"He's right, you know."

Heaving a heavy sigh, Claude dropped his forehead on your shoulder in defeat, his body going limp in resignation. Mumbling curses under his breath about castrating everyone, his arms tightly held you as if he didn't want to let go.

Of course, being the cheeky person you were you laughed at his expense and in retaliation Claude bit sharply the exposed skin of your chest, sucking it hard enough to leave a visible bruise.

Whimpering at the sting, you covered the stinging area and glared at his smug face. Petty bastard.

But...Your pettiness rivalled his.

You fisted his hair with force, harshly pulling him closer to crash your lips on his. You knew he liked it rough. Just when you felt him fall into the rough kisses, his steel body heavily sinking onto yours, you pushed him away without any remorse.

Not before you sensually bit his earlobe and whispered, "It's for last night's tease."

Claude's dazed eyes blinked twice before narrowing into thin slits, his glowing eyes flickering dangerously in the dim light. Damning everything, his hands flashed towards you to pull you back to finish what you started only to turn empty when you jumped out of his reach. Quick on your feet, you darted out, fixing your messy appearance as you zoomed by an anxious frozen Felix who blushed furiously when you winked at him with a very cheshire grin that screamed trouble.

"Sorry, Felix!" You apologized, not stopping as you reached the exit. "Hope you make out in one piece!"

He didn't understand, only blinking in confusion at the empty space where you disappeared off to. Only when he felt a wisp of cold, deadly aura freezing his back did he finally understand your words.

(Y/n), Why?!

Poor Felix..he always ends up getting the short end of the stick between both of your feuds. Now he had to make sure no one died at the hands of a very cranky, in foul mood Emperor during the meeting.

                         ****

Athanasia stopped talking once she realized Claude wasn't paying attention to her, his gaze locked ahead in search of something or someone. A pout twisted on her lips.

"Dad, are you listening to me?"

Claude shifted his eyes towards Athanasia, "...Yes."

He definitely wasn't. Athanasia knew why. You were late. The usual tea party under the shade of a tree in the garden felt incomplete and bland. Simply because you weren't there.

Athanasia sighed. She was trying her best to fill the silence between them but her Dad was spaced out. His fingers were relentlessly tapping on the surface of the table, his ankles bouncing in impatience.

Athanasia exactly knew the source of his restlessness came from being separate from you for too long. Not too long, even five minutes was too freaking long for her dad.

It was no big-brainer that her Dad was in love with you, madly. Her dad made it damn clear that even a blind could tell how much he loved you.

He personally designed the building of the library and garden solely for you. Unlike hers which he gifted her before you, yours was unique. Athanasia's gaze drifted to the shimmering building beside the Garnett palace. The library was nothing sort of ordinary. It was a magical simulating library with crystal walls for the ceiling which created illusions of all kinds of seasons and scenery as per the desire of the owner. Since you liked the rain, especially the soothing sound of rain, Claude personally designed the magical mechanism for it for you. And a majestic garden straight out of fairy tales with rare beautiful-hued flowers from all over the world.

Hell, even the desolate Garnett Palace was renovated and an extra floor was added with a balcony overlooking the lake. Which also was designed by her Dad. For you.

Athanasia felt irked, not because she was jealous. No, because she knew she could never do something of this grand level for you, even if she wanted to repay you for everything you did for her. And it annoyed her.

Lily and Felix exchanged nervous glances when Athanasia fell silent, her cheeks puffed up. Even then Claude remained oblivious to his daughter's sulking.

"Princess, how was your dancing lessons? I hope the new teacher is treating you well."

Athanasia stopped her aggressive chewing which still failed to grab Claude's attention and looked at Felix with a grin, "It's fun! The new teacher is nice and compliments me a lot. Hehe, she says I dance like a fairy."

Unlike her old teacher who mocked her for her origin, this new teacher was genuine in her praises. Athanasia was secretly glad you kicked out the first teacher and appointed her a genuinely nice one.

Speaking of dancing, it finally had Claude's attention. He gave a small nod of acknowledgement, "Good."

It was huge coming from his usual stoic, apathetic Dad. Of course, it was all thanks to you stomping on his feet whenever he stayed silent that he learnt to be more vocal over the years.

Heart warming up at his small miniscule praise, Athanasia laughed cheerfully. "I have become quite skilled at dancing! So Felix doesn't have to worry about me stepping on his foot!" Athanasia said. And almost instantly Felix paled.

Oops, she made a promise she would ask Claude to be her dancing partner today. But, Athanasia glanced at Claude, she wanted to torment her dad a little more. Huh, your teasing nature must be rubbing off her.

Athanasia giggled at the thought. She wouldn't mind becoming like you.

"Sorry!"

On cue, you came rushing over, a sheepish look on your face as you plopped beside Claude. "I'm so sorry! I got caught up talking with the event planner then the designer.."

"It's fine, Mom," Athanasia assured. "I was just thinking about you and you appeared like you were summoned!"

"On your beck and call, Athy." You winked at her and took the glass of water Claude was holding out to you, taking a few sips to relieve your parched throat.

Athanasia giggled. The atmosphere had brightened up. She knew you were the star of the get-together. And look at her Dad, his dull expression disappeared already.

Athanasia switched her eyes from you to Claude as you both bickered quietly about you being late - nothing new there, her parents always bickered over most random and spontaneous stuff. Things you would expect from someone who has known each other forever and loved pushing each other's buttons.

A sudden curiosity brightened up her eyes, "Mom, who was your dancing partner?"

Felix who was being consoled by Lily, barely had recovered when his heart dropped to his stomach at the question which was sure to doom him.

"Huh, it was Felix."

Felix's pale complexion paled even more as he avoided the cold glare piercing his side. He hastily tried to prevent the devil's wrath, "Yes but I had to force her to dance. Hadn't you said you'd rather throw yourself off the tower than dance? You were so sad his Majesty didn't dance with you. You left the banquet immediately after the dance which only lasted 3 minutes." Felix desperately looked at you.

Claude looked at you silently, a flash of regret filling his eyes. He muttered something under his breath but it was too low for you to make out.

Ignoring Felix's sweating desperate face, you waved him away causally, "Yeah, but dancing with you was the only good thing about that nasty day. So thank you, Felix."

"Hehe, Felix is such a good dancing partner. I'm glad I choose you." Athanasia added happily.

Claude scoffed, his fingers fiddling with the silver chain around your neck.

"Felix, you must be over the moon," Claude said in a low frigid tone, a venomous smirk on his face as his cold gaze landed on trembling Felix. "Getting to dance with (Y/n) first, now with Athanasia."

"Yep, what a lucky guy." You added.

"(Y/n)!" Felix shouted with a pale face, feeling wronged at being bullied like this. Everyone was ganging up on him.

Lily patted his back with quiet 'there, there'.

Athanasia snorted when you winked at Felix, your eyebrows wiggling at him at his proximity to Lily. Felix flushed red like a tomato, hiding behind Lily as if it could protect him from you.

"Dad, will you be my dance partner?" Athanasia asked. Claude caught off guard stared blankly at her while you and Felix beamed in encouragement. Time to play her part. "I know Dad doesn't like this kind of stuff but I really, really want you to be my dance partner. But if dad doesn't want that--"

"It's fine. I can tolerate it for one day." Claude said, a little too quickly. You snorted and earned a pinch to your side. Yelping slightly, you stomped his feet.

"Really?" Athanasia asked, leaning forward with big eyes sparkling brightly.

"Yes."

"No, take backs, okay Dad?!"

"Hmm."

Athanasia smiled widely. Happy that Lucas was right, annoyingly enough. Dad really did cherish her.

Smirking, you nudged his side with your elbow. "Isn't that great? Now you can finally stop sulking she choose Felix over you."

"I don't sulk," Claude said flatly, rolling his eyes.

"Yes you do, you big baby." You rolled your eyes right back.

"I don't."

"You do."

"Do not." Claude narrowed his eyes, clicking his tongue.

"Do too." You stuck your tongue at him.

"No."

"Yes."

There they go again. Athanasia sighed not surprised when she heard Felix and Lily sigh along.

Does being in love makes people stupid?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 418 8
LOVELY PRINCESS NOVEL AU. The abandoned and neglected princess of the obelia empire Athanasia de alger obelia who only want the love of her father, b...
27.9K 962 20
(WARNING! I have the most random update schedule so and I haven't updated this in ages 🦡) Amar de Alger Obelia was a treasured Crown Prince, loved b...
9.1K 455 19
Mallory, who had lived a life full of regrets, had always desired to live more abundantly. She was envious of the freedom and joy that others seemed...
2.2K 147 13
Im Hwa-Young, a devoted fan of the fantasy novel cherished the character of Alethea de Alger Obelia. With an abundance of affection in her heart, sh...