Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

79. Fire

7.8K 389 178
By ExhaustedSoul06

"He's my man!"

You stifled the laugh threatening to burst out at the dumbstruck look on both their faces. Claude recovered first, his face turning stoic yet a glint of something intense remained in his eyes staring at you.

"I-I see." Pierce cleared his throat. A brief awkward silence followed and your grin widened. Taking mercy on the old man, you broke the silence by properly introducing Claude. Of course, Claude remained deadpan, looking completely disinterested. He only nodded in greeting when you pinched his side.

"Where's your accomplice troublemaker?" Pierce asked, once his shock subsided. "He's always running amok with you, never leaving your side."

Your smile stiffened, the joy in your eyes dimming slightly. "You know him, mister, he has the knack for disappearing on me. This time it's no different. Maybe he'll be back."

"Oh," Pierce laughed, "Well, both of you have the knack for that. Him more so than you."

You only smiled, eyes clouding over. Claude frowned. That again. He didn't have the time to prob as two kids with similar features ran up to him, big eyes filled with wonder and excitement.

"You're (Y/n)?! Grandpa told us about you! You are the troublemaker, right?"

Confusion was the only thing you felt as the girl and boy both similar age to Athy pulled your hands with eagerness.

"You can climb trees right?! Right?!" You only had time to send stinky eyes to Pierce - how dare he tarnish your name -before both kids dragged you to pluck apples from the highest tree completely ignoring your protests and pleas.

Pierce helplessly watched as you were forced to climb up the tree at his grandchildren's demand.

"They are my grandchildren. Always full of energy. They love to roam the wilderness, pretending to go on adventures. I told them about (Y/n) since she did love to do the same and instantly they took a liking to her. Now that she's in front of them, they can't stop their excitement. I'm sorry about that."

Claude's frown had turned to scowl when the kids appeared, deepened when your attention was dragged away from him. He paid a quarter of his attention to the old man's babbling but something he said next piqued his interest.

"I'm glad she's happy and the decision to send her away was the correct one. If she had stayed, she'd have continued to suffer instead at the hands of the people of this village." Pierce shook his head, "I'm glad she's found her happiness far away from here."

"....What do you mean?"

"Alright, alright. I'm climbing up." You sighed in exasperation, quickly scaling the tree with smooth and graceful movements. "I'm going to throw the apples, be sure to catch them!"

You chuckled when kids nodded with bright eyes, baskets ready in their hands. You threw the apples in a random direction forcing the kids to run to catch them. Of course, you were generous enough to yeet the apples in range of their reach while smirking at the running kids.

Suddenly a chill ran down your spine, your attention diverted back to Claude and the old man. They were talking about something, apparently, something not to Claude's liking as his expression turned cold and severe, growing more disdainful and menacing with each word that came out of the old man's mouth. Claude glanced at the distant village, murderous intent burning within his cold eyes.

"Old man, what the hell did you tell him..?" You muttered worriedly.

"Big sis! More apples! We need more!" Both the kids shouted, jumping in eagerness.

You shot them a blank look, "Here you are worried about apples when most likely your village is in danger."

"Sis, the big one! The one on your right!"

You sighed. Okay first, let's deal with these kids and then go calm down the fuming dragon from going berserk. Making your mind, you tried to reach for the apple on your right which was furthest away and on the thinnest branch. "Oh my god, I'm going to break my back if I fell from here." You muttered, carefully maneuvering yourself closer to the apple.

You brighten up as the apple was within reach, stretching your hand to the apple. Just as you plucked the apple, the branch supporting your weight broke with a loud crack.

Your expression went blank, "I just had to jinx myself."

You shrieked, closing your eyes as you fell. While waiting for impact, you prayed for your poor back and butt, hoping they would survive the fall when strong arms caught you.

"Idiot, why do you even climb trees for? You always slip and fall." Claude deadpanned. "Or do you deliberately fall when I'm near so that I can save you? Last time my back was sacrificed for you and now my arms. I see a pattern here."

His amused voice trickled your ears as you tried to calm down your racing heartbeat, your eyes still wide with alarm. "I don't do it on purpose! Accident happens, you know!"

"Hmm." Claude adjusted his hold on you, his eyes scanning for injuries. When he found none, he exhaled in relief. Just in case there were some injuries hidden from sight, he let his healing magic flow through you.

Your body involuntarily melted in his arms, the warmth of his magic chasing away any residual panic. "Don't 'hmm' me! Why do you still remember that anyways?! That was ages ago!"

Cocking an eyebrow Claude smirked, his magic retreating. "Do you really think my second impression of you climbing a tree like a monkey would be something I can forget easily? Not to mention I still feel the phantom pain on my back when you fell on me while bragging about being a professional tree climber."

You flushed in embarrassment, smacking his chest. "Well your back isn't the only one who remembers suffering, you fell on me on our first meeting too mister! You don't hear me complaining! And if we are talking about my first impression, you sure fooled me big time. You were no shy, adorable hamster but a cold jerk!"

Your annoyed face was adorable, he couldn't help teasing you more. Claude snorted, smugness clear on his face. "That's not what I heard. I recall it clearly, you called me an angel, a fairy, when you first met me."

Your dark embarrassing history was rearing its head and Claude's smug face only made it worse.

"Ah, forget about it!" You covered your red face, squirming from the secondhand embarrassment from your younger self. Why couldn't your stupid young self keep her mouth shut? "I was wrong, okay. You're no angel, you're a freaking jerk! Ah, I miss my adorable hamster." You sulked, sighing in dismal. "He was so adorable munching on watermelon and turning pale at the sight of sweets." You sighed again. 

"Hamster..?" Claude muttered in disbelief, his eyebrows twitching. So he wasn't hearing wrong. You really were referring him to a hamster. "That was your first impression of me?"

Not bothering to suppress your evil smirk, you nodded vehemently, "Yep, yep."

"Here my impression of you was the words you spoke to me," Claude mumbled, a sulky look overcoming his sharp features. "But I was nothing more than a fancy rat to you. A fucking hamster, huh.."

"Hey! Hamsters are adorable. You were too before you sadly grew up." You teased before his words sank in and your brows furrowed. The words you spoke to him. You blinked, squinting as you browsed your memories. The words you spoke to him were... Your face instantly turned red.

Claude snapped out of his sullen mood when you buried your red face into his chest, kicking your legs in the air, muttering incoherently about how chessy he was. His eyes softened, an intangible smile tugging at his lips.

"How come you get flustered over the stupidest things."

"Shut up."

"Sorry to interrupt you two,"

Pierce's voice broke through the bubble you both were engulfed in. You stared blanked face, completely forgotten about them. How embarrassing.

Smiling knowingly, Pierce had a firm hold on his grandchildren as they squirmed to reach you, crying out in protest. You waved at them in pity. "We'll be taking our leave. Please don't let us disturb your time together. Be sure to visit again, (Y/n). You too sir."

"Wait, hold on.."

In a blink of an eye, Pierce dragged the complaining kids with him, his expression drenched in guilt as he looked over his shoulder, altering his gaze between you and Claude.

Aha, I knew it! So you did tell him something. Don't just run away, tell me what you revealed to him!

You could only watch with twitching eyes as Pierce made a run for it as if he could feel your accusing eyes burning holes into him.

Rubbing nervously the apple in your hand which you had forgotten to give the kids, you cautiously asked, "Uh, so what did you guys talk about?"

Claude's eyes darkened, the playful look vanishing into a frigid expression.

"I was thinking about setting the village on fire." He said nonchalantly while his eyes had chilling seriousness in them. "Or better yet set the useless villagers on fire. No, that would be far too lenient punishment. Each pain inflicted on you should be returned thousands of times more. Death isn't an option."

A shudder ran down your spine as you blinked several times, hoping you heard him wrong. But at his thoughtful expression, as his chilling eyes remained on the distant village, that hope shattered, giving way to panic and alarm.

"Claude, the hell are you talking about?" Your voice cracked under the weight of your anxiety. "Your sense of humour is not funny."

"Who said I was joking?" Claude diverted his attention on you, his blue eyes raging with bloodlust. He tightened his hold on you, lips twisting into a sneer. "The people of this village tormented you. Do you really think I'd let them get away with it?"

"What--" Instantly you facepalmed. That old man..! Heaving a deep breath, you gathered your thoughts to calm down your idiotic, psychotic boyfriend. "You can't set a village on fire for something that happened so long ago. Sheesh, you make it sound like I was tortured by them when they merely ignored me and sometimes were kind of rude but that's not reason enough for you to kill them. In the first place, you shouldn't be thinking of murder, you homicidal maniac!"

"Merely ignoring you? Such an adorable way to summarise their intent when they planned on..." Claude paused as sudden realization morphed his face. "You don't know the full story..."

Your confusion doubled. Claude let out a dry laugh as his eyes glowed with thick bloodlust, his aura turning eerie and suffocating. Venom laced his voice as he calmly said in contempt, "No, forget about death. I'll make sure they regret being born. Make sure each breath they take will be excruciating..."

"Claude!" His sudden wrath was terrifying mumbling was scaring you. You forcefully tugged his shirt, your lips thinned in a hard line, "Please stop. I don't want this. It's all in the past, forget it. I came here to enjoy our date, not think about vengeance and bloodshed."

Claude paused, your quivering voice tugged at his heart and calmed his cold rage savagely pulsing in his veins. His icy aura tinged with bloodlust slowly faded away. He let out a long sigh, "I- You're right. Sorry. I don't want to ruin our first date with some pesky insects."

You exhaled, happy he listened to you. "Really what the hell did the old man say?"

A fleeting burning emotion flashed through his eyes as he glanced at the village. Shaking his head he pulled you closer, pressing you protectively to him. "It's nothing."

Your lips pursued. "You were about to commit genocide and you're saying it's nothing. Yes, I'm completely convinced."

A light chuckle left him at your snark. He leaned down, lining his eyes with you, his lips moved closer before he abruptly stopped, remembering something. He cursed under his breath before whispering against your lips, mere inches away, "...Can I kiss you?"

If he was trying to divert your attention from the present topic, it definitely was working. You blinked, tilting your head to the side curiously. He remembered. A smirk tugged your lips. You brought the red apple close to your lips, covering it up and Claude was forced to lean back. Giggling under your breath, you took your sweet time answering, "Nope."

Claude narrowed his eyes, the mischief in your eyes made him click his tongue. As much he liked to wipe the smile off your lips himself, he played along. Parting his lips, he sensually licked the apple before taking a generous bite of it. You inhaled sharply as the apple was pushed against your lips, his half-lidded eyes never leaving yours as he tore a piece off, slowly chewing on it.

You swallowed hard, the back of your throat was burning. This jerk... he knew what he was doing.

You grumbled, pulling away the bitten apple just as Claude finished swallowing. He hummed, "...Sweet but it's nothing like your lips. I prefer the delectable sweetness of your lips more."

Face burning bright red you rolled your eyes, feigning like those words didn't affect you, didn't make your heart skip several beats, "Put me down."

"No."

You scrunched up your face at his immediate refusal. "What, are you going carry me all day?"

"If I have to." Claude shrugged his shoulders causally. You twisted your lips, giving him a look at the absurdity of his words.  When he showed no signs of backing away, you sighed sinking into his arms as you sulkily gobbled down the apple. He chuckled at your compliance "We still have time before sunset. Why don't you show me around?"

"You have a surprise for me?" You looked up, forgetting the apple as your eyes shone in anticipation.

"What made you think that?" Claude asked, you pouted crossing your arms and showing your displeasure at his mind games. Claude held himself back from kissing you. Angry you was just too irresistible.

"Maybe. Maybe not. You've wait and see it for yourself."

Claude shushed your protests as he started walking in the direction of the small cabin, his curiosity about your past rekindled.

The back of your mind itched with unanswered questions. What triggered Claude for him to almost set the village on fire?

                   ****

Claude did end up carrying you throughout the exploration despite your half-hearted protests. You shared all your memories associated with the place you ventured through with him, though you kept away from the forest. And the way he paid close attention to you, hanging on each word you uttered, it's safe to say it was his fault when you grasped his face and kissed him hard, a tender bashful smile stitched on your lips as they locked with his.

Of course, the jerk didn't the opportunity slide as he teased you for breaking the restriction you placed yourself, that was after he kissed you till your lips were throbbing and he was satisfied. After saying goodbyes to Nora and Iseka, Claude took you to the next destination; the capital.

"What..?"

The whole town was bustling, crowded and noisy, laughter and giggles wafted like a soft breeze filled with cheerful happiness and glee. Lanterns lit up the stalls lining up the street decorated with a variety of delicacies and entertainments. Taken aback at the festive atmosphere of the town, you stopped. You were sure it wasn't the festive season so why..?

Claude's eyes softened as you spun in circles, eyes wide with confusion and awe.

You faced Claude, arms spread wide to emphasize your confusion. "Claude what's going on? I wasn't aware there was a festival--"

"It's for our date."

"Oh." You blinked softly, uncomprehending, a nonchalant smile appeared on Claude's face as he patiently waited for you to process his words.

"Oh." Your jaw dropped the moment you fully understood his words. You whipped around to look at the town softly glowing in an orange hue before looking back at him. You wordlessly, speechlessly pointed a shaky finger back, as if understanding your gesture he nodded with an air of indifference.

"Holy-- wait so you- I- the festival--" You stumbled over your words, shell-shocked at the prospect that Claude commissioned a festival just for your first date.

Claude rolled his eyes, reaching his hand out to close your agape mouth, "Yes, I did for you. And yes I as the Emperor do have the authority to authenticate a festival."

Wasn't that abuse of his position?! And why was he so nonchalant?! A whole ass festival for a single date is not nothing!

Though internally screaming, not a single word escaped your frozen lips. Claude clicked his tongue when you remained blank face.

"You don't like it?"

You stared at him like had grown two heads, "Of course not! I love it! I love it so much I don't know how I should react!" You looked back at the chattering mob and gulped, "But don't you think it's a bit too much? A festival for a date.."

Completely indifferent to your shock, Claude flicked your forehead, "You're happy that's all that matters. Don't get your brain worked on small details."

"Small detail?" Your eyebrows shot up in disbelief.

"Yes, irrelevant tiny detail." Claude hummed before raising an eyebrow, "So shall we go?"

Eventually, you got your shock and were filled with excitement. With newfound vigour, eager to explore everything, you ran straight into the bustling bundle of cheerfulness, pulling Claude with you while he braced himself knowing it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience for him but if it makes you happy so be it.

You dragged him through each and every stall drawn by the delicious aroma of exotic food which as you found out Claude had specifically imported for you from other nations...Boy, you could only shake your head while he blinked obliviously. Food stalls weren't the only thing that fascinated you.

"Claude c'mon wear this. It'll look cute on you!"

"No. Absolutely not."

You held up a fluffy kitten headband, a matching pair donned on your head as you tried to persuade Claude failing miserably.

Your shoulders drooped, and a gloomy aura surrounded you as you mumbled an 'alright' in an extremely depressed and sad voice.

Claude's eyes twitched when the shopkeeper stared judgementally at him as if to say 'you made your woman sad, what kind of man are you'.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he heaved a deep sigh, a resignation resonating from deep within his soul as he leaned down his head.

Instantly the gloom vanished as you lit up like thousand suns sparkling together. With eyes shining like diamonds you put the headband on his head, squealing at how cute he looked.

Claude could only smile drily as you squeezed his face while squealing. He sent a chilling glare at the shopkeeper nodding in approval. The shopkeeper feeling impending doom quickly ducked down his shop, hiding away from the cold gaze.

"Claude, one bite. Just one itsy-bitsy teeny-tiny bite!"

Claude was starting to regret this whole festival idea when you shoved some sort of disgusting, sickening looking sweet in his mouth. His face never turned green so fast as nauseous slammed head first at him. Covering his mouth he gagged, distancing himself from the crowd. His abhorrence for sweets increased tenfold. Much to his chagrin, you were laughing your ass off, finding him hunched over, palming over this mouth as he breathed deeply while cursing loudly too hilarious.

Once he straightens up, wiping his mouth in disgust. Seeing him so distraught and pale you immediately felt bad. You rubbed his back, fetching him some water after you threw away the dessert which was way too sweet, even for a sweet tooth like you. You could only imagine how terrible it was for him.

"Sorry." You said, rubbing circles on his back as you inspected his face which had regained some of its colours but still looked worriedly pallor.

Claude grunted after gulping a whole bottle of water, washing away the sickly taste of sweetness from his mouth,  but lingering sweetness still remained much to his disgust. Wiping his mouth, he glanced at you with a pale face, eyes narrowed as you fidgeted with a remorseful expression, the kitten headband drooping down to match your mood. You looked cute, irritating so. He couldn't focus. You flinched when he crushed the bottle in his hand without saying a word. Tossing the bottle in the trash can, he cleared his throat, "It's fine. As long as you enjoy yourself.."

You relaxed only to stiffen when his smile turned razor sharp while his eyes glared daggered at you, "That's the single most disgusting thing I had the displeasure of tasting in a while. You haven't lost your touch, huh."

You somehow knew he was talking about your childhood shenanigans, how even back then you used to shove sweets into his mouth. Was he holding an old grudge against you? You squinted at his back suspicious, "You're not thinking about taking revenge on me, are you?"

Claude paused midst of brushing his hair back, the kitten headband long discarded which you mourned because he looked so adorable. He looked over his shoulder, eyes unreadable as they bore into you taking you aback before he briefly closed them, humming in contemplation, "Who knows? Maybe I'll make you pay in a different way. In ways I see fit."

You didn't miss the way his eyes heatedly raked your figure, nor did the innuendo in his words escaped you. Your face heated up.

Noticing that, Claude smirked slightly, "What do you say? Would you like me to punish you?"

Stunned, you kicked his shin and he let out a monotonous 'ow'. "What's with you today?! You pervert!"

"It's your fault." Claude flatly said.

"How?!"

"I'm hungry. In fact, I'm starving."

"We just ate something recently!" You were beyond exasperated.

"Not for food."

"....Urgh."

"Should I be more specific?" Claude said with innocent curiosity, cocking his head to the side. The smirk on his face, was anything but innocent as he took slow light steps toward you, closing the distance. "If you didn't understand I can--"

"Why are you still talking?! Be quiet!" You scrambled to put some kind of distance. His blunt desires were seriously starting to affect you too.

Thankfully the dark sky lit up in vibrant hues of fireworks, saving you as you were ready to give in to your own desire for him. Who could blame you? The man standing before you with heat pooling in his sapphire eyes was delicious. And the fact he wanted you too was enough to set fire in your veins.

You exhaled. Thank God you were far away from the crowd -- you took a sneak peek at him only to find his eyes on you --or maybe not. Maybe you shouldn't be alone with him.

The vibrant hues of fireworks reflected over his face, emphasizing his sharp features as golden strands swayed on his forehead felt more mesmerizing than the fireworks display.

Claude chewed on his lower lip, looking at the fireworks briefly. He had meticulously planned for the whole date yet he couldn't concentrate on it now. He was glad your mood was lifted, the gloom gone which hovered over you for the whole week. Though you refused to tell him what upset you or even the fact you were upset, he was too hyper-aware of you to not notice. You looked beautiful when happy, when sad his protective instincts would yell at him to hug you close and kiss away all your sadness.

Right now kissing you was all he wanted to do. Maybe more if you allowed it.

He didn't miss your flinch when he came closer. Had he made you uncomfortable by being too blunt with his desires? Had he crossed a line? His nerves felt on edge.

A tense silence passed as you feigned interest in the fireworks while he closely observed you.

"Do you not want me?"

Claude took a blind shot. Rather than letting unreasonable worries take hold of him and derive him insane, he chose to ask.

"Huh?" This man...was he serious? Did he not know his dangerous appeal?

While you were busy chastising him in your mind, Claude's face fell. Quick to notice your mistake you sprang into action before a misunderstanding could take place.

"Geez, are you hearing yourself?" You jumped and wrapped your arms around his neck, burying your face into his neck. Your face was bright red as you mumbled into his skin,  "I love you so it's natural I would want you. I do want you. Don't go thinking the desire is one-sided. I... it's just embarrassing to admit out loud okay?!"

Claude swallowed hard, mouth drying up at how straightforward you were being. He was glad, even proud he chose to ask rather than wallow in uncertainties.

His fingers threaded through your hair pulling back your head to meet your eyes. Seeing your flushed flustered face, he exhaled a light chuckle. You smacked his chest for laughing, you were flustered enough that he wasn't being helpful. He kissed the corner of your lip whispering softly, "If that's the case then, can I have you?"

If possible the redness of your cheeks deepened. Dazed, you pointed to the festival. "You want to leave right now? Wouldn't that waste all your efforts?"

"It's coming to an end so it doesn't matter." Claude shrugged, leaning down slightly to scoop you in his arms. Hurriedly you lock your arms around his neck as he seems eager to leave. "And I can't concentrate on it either way."

You scratched your cheek a tad bit embarrassed at his eagerness to leave as he activated his magic without further delay. "Well, I suppose the date ends here. Thanks, I really enjoyed today. We should do it again," You paused. "of course nothing grand like a festival, just a small outing."

"Hmm, I guess I had fun too only because I was with you," Claude grimaced, you nearly forgot his extreme dislike for crowded noisy places. "Otherwise I can't imagine myself in a similar situation and enjoy it too."

"Thank you for putting up with my selfishness then, mister I-hate-everything-noisy-and-crowded." You pecked his cheek smirking. Claude rolled his eyes, the sass in your tone was bluntly obvious.

"Don't worry, I'll be taking my payment for today on my terms," Claude smirked when you huffed under your breath.

"Sure, sure." You closed your eyes when a blue portal opened beneath, tightening your arms around. As your mind replayed today's shenanigans and joys, a bitter feeling settled in your stomach. "I'm sorry."

Claude stopped, puzzled why you were apologizing with a such weak voice. Weren't second ago you were thanking so why--

You peered at him with wavering eyes, "That day what I said about not loving someone who hurts you. I was wrong. When you love someone, hurt is inevitable. Holding onto past pain is just a waste of time which isn't much, to begin with, when I can enjoy the happiness it brings me. I'm glad I fell in love with you, even with all the pain and misunderstanding, you brought me immense joy that couldn't have been possible if it weren't for you."

Oh. Claude shook his head, lips pressing into a hard line. You had already apologized for it the afternoon you came back that day. Teary eyes as you stumbled over your words, repeating over and over how sorry you were for hurting him. He wasn't going to lie it sort of sent him into a panic mood. He almost left for the borders to rip the bastards responsible for your tears to pieces, only calming down when you shook your head. Still, he didn't know what he was supposed to do. He was the one anxiously preparing to apologize since he realized he was being an unreasonable asshole to you. So why were you crying in his arms, squeezing him tightly, refusing to ease your hold even though it wasn't your fault?

Amidst his panic to soothe your cries, he wanted to stab himself. Watching you cry was painful, and excruciating.

That day he vowed he would listen to you before jumping to conclusions. He wouldn't let his past demons destroy what he cherished now. Because the tears you shed, the pain those tears held as you sniffled into his chest, crying softly had shredded his heart into tiny pieces. A searing pain he thought wasn't possible had overtaken him, hearing you cry, seeing you cry. The shame he felt for causing so much pain to one he loved still twisted his stomach, and filled it with acid.

His vision flashed bright blue, he held you tightly when you flinched at the sudden space distortion as you both teleported to his room.

For a few seconds, Claude stayed still, securely holding you in his arms as he pondered and mulled over your words.

Striding towards the bed, he gently laid you down, and pressed a soft kiss on your forehead as he brushed back your stray strands.

"I'd been nothing but an idiot for so long." He murmured against your skin, trailing soft kisses down your temple to your jaw. "But I'll make sure you won't regret falling in love with me. I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 418 8
LOVELY PRINCESS NOVEL AU. The abandoned and neglected princess of the obelia empire Athanasia de alger obelia who only want the love of her father, b...
27.9K 962 20
(WARNING! I have the most random update schedule so and I haven't updated this in ages ๐Ÿฆต) Amar de Alger Obelia was a treasured Crown Prince, loved b...
18.6K 642 16
This story evolves around a girl named Y/n who enters the world of a story/novel of [who made me a princess]. This was the novel she read just befor...
64.7K 2.6K 21
โ”€โ”€โ˜… ห™๐Ÿ“๐‚๐‹๐€๐”๐ƒ๐„ ๐ƒ๐„ ๐€๐‹๐†๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐€ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ! ๐‚๐Ž๐๐‚๐”๐๐ˆ๐๐„! ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐— ๐•๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž๐”๐’(?) ฬŸ !! โDid the idea of being a pa...