Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

77. Move on

6.9K 435 247
By ExhaustedSoul06

"-- he's with the girl. You'll find them across the lake, just a short walk away from here. That's where they usually meet."

Though the knights were taken aback by your presence on border of the kingdom, wary and suspicious of your motive, some of them recognised you as the White Tower protege healer, especially the notorious troublemaker white cat parched on your head, one came forward and kindly pointed out the way, weary expression as he remained cautious of Ether's stare.

Thanking him, you leave behind the commotion as the knights start whispering among themselves, well aware of the curious eyes fixed on you as you distanced yourself further away.

"Girl?" You muttered under your breath, steering clear off a boulder as the river came into view.

You paused, eyes scanning two silhouette sitting beside the lake, chatting away. It took you a moment you recognise him- and boy were you shocked.

The scrawny kid you knew back then had all buffed up with muscles, even from here you could see his muscles strain through his knight attire.

"Delicious, isn't it?!" The high pitched voice drew your attention away from Lawrence and on the petite figure of the female beside him. First thing that enticed your sight was her blazing red hair down to her waist and her pale ivory skin sparkling under the sun.

"It is." Lawrence voice replied quietly, eating what seems to be lunch cooked by her.

"Please have more, sir knight. I have plenty of it!" The red haired woman said, her eyes filled with joy at the compliment given by Lawrence.

You hesitated, from their posture to way they interacted it didn't take genius to know what kind of relationship they had. It gave you mixed feeling. One hand you were relieved and happy for him, and on other hand something bitter stirred in your heart. You came here to sort things out with him but should you disturb him when Lawrence seems to moved on with his life and had found a woman. In your moment of hesitation you didn't notice Lawrence's eyes peering on your hiding spot, his hands stealthfully drawing his sword out.

"Show yourself." Lawrence sheilded the female behind him, pointing his sword outward, stance guarded.

Startled by the sudden command you froze for a few seconds before stepping away from your hiding spot.

"Long time no see, Lawrence." You said with a twitching grin. This was going to be awkward. Awkward as hell.

Lawrence gasped, eyes widening, "Lady (Y/n)!?"

"I told you not to call me that countless time," You said, cautiously eyeing the red haired woman glaring at you. You smiled at her in friendly way and in response her eyes grew more furious. Okay then, looks like she wasn't all to welcoming, understandably so.

Lawrence sheathed his sword, scratching his cheek with a awkward expression, eyes still wide with shock as his mouth opened and closed several times unable to form a word before uttering, "Force of habit, I guess."

"Sorry to disturb your date but she's," You started, eyes drifting to the woman glaring at you in question. Lawrence catching your drift immediately moved to introduce her.

"She's Merlyin and Merlyin she's (Y/n), the Healer I told you about." Lawrence said.

"Yes, yes I know." Merlyin said, taking a aggressive step. "So you are the one who broke Sir knight's heart. Why are you here? Is there something you need with him?"

Wow, she's intense, you thought warily. Her quick fired questions hitting on your sensitive spot.

"Merlyin," Alarmed by her unveiled animosity, Lawrence started but you stop Lawrence shaking your head.

"Hello, Merlyin." You said, reaching out to her in friendly manner. Her hostility was given considering her position and your past with Lawrence. "Let me guess, you might be the woman who mend Lawrence's heart, huh? Don't worry I didn't came her to take him away from you so you can put your claws away."

Merlyin remained suspicious, slightly off put back by your straight forwardness. "So why are you here? Sir Lawrence has suffered enough heartache because of you, I don't want him to hurt again. He moved on so please don't drag him back."

Lawrence made a helpless expression while you grew more amused.

"Hey Lawrence, you got yourself a keeper." You said with a chuckle, finding her defensive stance cute. "Yeah, to answer your question the heartache you spoke of I came here to put a end to that but it seems it was quite unnecessary." You glanced at Lawrence. "But I'm glad you moved on Lawrence. You don't know how guilty I felt that day running off without giving you a proper answer. I'm sorry."

"You.... you came her to apologise? Isn't it too late?" Merlyin frowned, her hostility not subsiding one bit.

You chuckled nervously. You couldn't deny that, your apology was late.

"Merlyin, please." Lawrence said softly, putting a hand on her shoulder to calm her and Merlyin pursued her lips before reluctantly backing away.

Watching their interactions it began increasingly clear they were lovers.

Smiling softly at her compliance, Lawrence turned to you. "You didn't have to trouble yourself, (Y/n). My feelings weren't your burden, they never been. There's no need for you to feel guilty." Lawrence said, making his way to you. "I won't change a single thing that happened in the past neither do I regret anything, including my feelings for you. But I'm quite happy you remembered me and came here in person to meet me."

With a soft smile, Lawrence bowed his head in gratitude and you realised just how much he had grown up, both in body and mind.

"Geez, what are you saying?" You said, waving your hand in haste. "And stop bowing, you know I hate it and your girlfriend is going to incinerate me with her glare."

Merlyin huffed, crossing her arms and looking away.

Lawrence straighten up, shooting a soft look to Merlyin. "Please don't mind her. She might act like this but she's really a kind and sweet person."

His black eyes were softened, shimmering with love as he looked at her. A smile tugged at your lips.

"Ah, you really love her, huh?"  You mused, eyes drifting to Merlyin, "And from the way she's been glaring at me, she does too." Red creeped on their faces as they both grew flustered but neither of them denied it.

Your shoulder shacked, the weight of guilt fading away and happiness for him settled in. Though you felt bitter, not because you were jealous. No, it was because Lawrence had the strength to move on rather than to pine after someone he couldn't have unlike your past self who desperately clung to smallest crumb of hope. You always assumed Lawrence was similar to your past self with his timidness and kindness but you were dead wrong. Lawrence was strong whereas you were not.

You caught Merlyn eyes and she stiffened, looking away. You hoped your unwanted presence wouldn't cause misunderstanding between them. Especially now that both of their feelings were obvious.

"Hey Merlyin. I know it's awkward for you and I'm sure Lawrence told you about me. But rest easy, okay? I'm not a threat to you." You said rubbing your nape and Merlyin doubtful expression slowly melted away. "And take good care of Lawrence alright. He's a precious gem. Don't let him go, you won't find another one like him." You added with a grin.

Merlyin narrowed her eyes with intense scrutiny before her face broke out in a smile, startling you. "You don't have to tell me, I'm aware I'm a fortunate woman I got someone kind and brave as sir Lawrence. And I don't see you as a threat. You might be the woman he had feelings for before but I'm his woman now. I trust sir Lawrence. He would never betray me."

You blinked. Something about her absolute trust and firm belief in Lawrence struck you hard and your heart squeezed painfully. It chipped away at you, recalling your ugly fight with Claude before you came her, defying his wishes.

"Merlyin," Lawrence said, face turning red in embrassment. "You praise me too much. I'm the one who's fortunate one, really."

Merlyin giggled, linking her arm with his, "We both are fortunate we found each other, sir Lawrence."

"Okay lovebirds, no need to rub it in my face." You said feigning exasperation. "I get it. You guys love each other, I get it already so stop with all lovey-doveyness, your making me jealous."

"You're one to talk." Merlyin said and you tilted your head in confusion. Merlyin stared incredulously at your oblivious face. She pointed her finger at you, her face flushed deep red. "Your neck.. don't tell me you don't know about it...."

For a few seconds you looked at her blankly. Immediately you slapped your hand on your neck, flushing red in embrassment. You were mortified as they both chuckled, exchanging a amused look. "Claude, you stupid jerk.."

"Its not just one spot." Lawrence pointed out innocently. At this point you just wanted the ground to open up and swallow you.

Even Ether didn't point it out the jerk. You yanked his tail angrily and he yelped, jumping off you in surprise.

"Good grief you came here oblivious to those. It's standing out painfully obvious. Here, you can have my scarf." Merlyin said giggling as she passed her red scarf to you. You quickly wrapped it around your neck.

"Hahaha," Laughing stiffly, you forced down your embrassment. You made a mental note to give Claude a piece of mind once you meet him again. "So I guess I should get going."

"I...," Lawrence paused and you tilted your head, waiting him to finish patiently. "I'm glad you came. Sir Roman had wrote me letter you came back. I'm ashamed to say I'm was worried his majesty might hurt you. But looking at you now, my concern was of no need."

Right, he wasn't the only one with that concern. For long time you were battling against the conflicting feeling of fear and longing.

"That night your eyes were full of despair, the light in them was gone. I feared you'd never smile again." Lawrence shook his head, a small smile tenderly forming on his lips. "However I'm glad I was wrong. "Your eyes are shining again, just as brightly like before. No, they're glittering like stars in the midnight sky. Beautiful like diamonds. And I suspect His majesty might the reason. I knew I never stood a chance against against his majesty. You always smiled differently when with him, always shone like the bright sun when you were with him, it was obvious you loved His majesty and yet I dared to dream to have the impossible."

"Lawrence....," You swallowed hard.

"But I'm glad I had those feelings. It's because of that I can experience what I have now for Merlyin to it's fullest. Be honest with her, with myself. I'll never take my feelings for Merlyin for granted. That's why I'm glad I fell in love with you. I hope you'd always smile this way and be happy with His majesty."

Just as he finished with a tender smile, you hugged him tightly. 

Lawrence without missing a beat returned your gesture. Merlyin eyes held no hostility, only understanding as she looked on, a flickering guilty look in her eyes as if she was feeling remorseful for treating you with animosity.

"Never change, Lawrence. I hope you'd always be happy. You deserve it more than me." You said through the lump in your throat.

"You know that's not true." Lawrence patted your back gently. "Everyone deserves happiness so don't exclude yourself."

"Heh, always the sweet talker." You pulled back and shot a smile to Merlyin. "See you got yourself a charmer. And Merlyin, you're amazing woman, one of a kind. Keep him smiling, ok? And don't forget to be happy yourself!"

A smile graced their faces, they held up hands to bid the final goodbye.

Life goes on. People we know, people once we loved becomes nothing but shadows of memories deep within our consciousness, locked away as we are forced to carry on despite the unwillingness. We learn to become happy, learn to love again, rediscover our passion for life as passage of time goes on. Some taking more time than others but nevertheless moving forward to the future.

Lawrence moved on mad found himself a new future. It was about time you move on too.

So with that thought you bid them goodbye with a smile as your magic circled you, wrapping around you in warm cocoon and you shut your eyes, a strong longing to go back home welling within you.

When you opened them a chill ran down your spine. Instead of teleporting back to the warmth of the palace you found yourself standing dead centre of unfamiliar territory filled with murky fog and chilling cold. You couldn't see through the thick fog clouding your vision, couldn't feel the warmth of your body as slowly the cold entered your veins, numbing your very core.

You stumbled back in panic when you found Ether missing. You were alone. All alone in this cold unknown territory.

This is bad.

"No need to fear the unknown child, for most monsters lurks within your familiar vicinity."

Your blood ran cold as you recognised the ambiguous voice. You stiffly turned to face the dreadful being.

"Celestria..."

                            ****
Athy was having hard time swallowing her favourite cake. The cold chill radiating from the person across her had her nerves on edge. Her jewelled blue eyes darted around the garden, seemingly looking for some distraction. Accidentally she made eye contact with Claude. Athy gulped, the edges of her smile stiffened up. But her nerves slowly ebbed away.

Though Claude was looking at her direction, his eyes were dazed more than usual, almost as if he was looking through her. His expression was dark and brooding like he was thinking of something extremely unpleasant.

Athy immediately averted her gaze, taking a huge bite of the cake. Though she was curious at the odd change of behaviour in Claude, she wasn't risking her neck for some whimsical curiosity.

"Your majesty seems to be in bad mood. Did something happen?"

Athy almost choked on her cake. Of course it was Felix, the stupidly brave or plainly moronic who seemed to not value his life ask something so sensitive to the most dangerous person she ever had misfortune of meeting.

Athy nervously looked on, feeling both fear and intrigue.

Claude silent cold glare didn't faze Felix. Instead he smiled obliviously and asked, "Had a fight with (Y/n)?"

At that, the already cold atmosphere grew glacial. Claude's sharp glare intensified. Athy blinked, taken aback at mention of you. Why was Claude's odd mood related to you? That made remotely no sense.

Felix smiled knowingly as he endured the blunt of Claude's cold glare, "No wonder you look so troubled. So what happened?"

For few seconds Claude just glared before he let out a sullen sigh, and muttered in small voice. Felix had to strained his ears to hear him. "I upset her."

Few words but it spoke volume. Claude mindlessly spun the spoon in his seventh empty cup as his mood grew more glum. Felix had still a small smile as he watched almost proudly Claude show visible emotions and voice his trouble.

"Is that's the reason why your nose looks so painfully red?" Felix asked jokingly. He wasn't actually expecting for you to be the reason behind Claude's sore nose. He was only trying to lighten up Claude's low spirit.

Claude spared him a flat glance, lifting his hand to poke at his nose only to cringe away from the stinging pain.

"She headbutted me in the nose." Claude mumbled under his breath.

"Huh?!" Felix froze before yelling out in disbelief. "(Y/n) did that?! That's impossible!"

Claude grunted, his sour mood further worsening. "You think I'm lying?"

Felix aggressively shook his head in face of Claude's cold glare.

Meanwhile Athy's brain had screeched to an halt. Her blank stare gone unnoticed by other two was slowly filling up with extreme shock as she was stunned to silence. Even her internal monologue made little sense to her. Hold on, what? Don't say something so shocking and just brush it off. Explain properly!

Why would be Claude troubled over upsetting someone? Hello, we are talking about the Claude de Alger Obelia. This man would stomp on a dying person and not feel a single ounce of remorse. And why were you the his concern? What has his flippant mood to do anything with you?....Don't tell me, has this man fallen for you?!

Heh, no way! Claude de Alger Obelia the heartless bastard is incapable of emotions, let alone feeling the most beautiful and extreme one like love. Athy immediately waved off that thought with shake of her head before she paused, her brows creasing as she contemplated the possibility of that happening. She might as well believe the end of the world and alien invasion.

"She will come around. You know her, she could never stay upset with you." Felix reassured sullen Claude, the sudden silent Athy going unnoticed by them. Felix continued when Claude made a skeptic face. "It always been like this since we were kids. You were her favourite one even back then, she always forgave you. That will not change now."

All thought disappeared the instant Athy heard Felix. Athy's quota for shock had already reached it's limit but it looked like all impossible revealing was being slammed to her face mercilessly.

She made up her mind. She would go crazy if she didn't got answers. "Papa,"

Claude and Felix turned to her. Claude lifted an eyebrow in silent question. Athy steeled her herself. "Did Papa meet (Y/n) when she was a child?"

Claude and Felix exchanged a puzzled look before Felix answered for Claude. "Ah, princess doesn't know, (Y/n) grew up with us. We known each other since we were kids." Felix paused, glancing at expressionless Claude before he said, tone laced in sadness. "Certain turn of events led up to her getting separated from us for a little while. But she's back now. Must be all because of princess." Felix ended with happy note. Claude silently scoffed but didn't add in his thoughts.

WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?! Athy internally screamed. Childhood friends equals to innocent young love which equals to childhood sweethearts. Add anguish of seperation and meeting again after along while and boom, you have a love story! A freaking love story!!

No, no no. The stuff of extreme imagination was in fact real. Claude de Alger Obelia is actually in love with you?!

"Papa, do you love (Y/n)?" Athy blurted out. Upon seeing Claude's expression turning blank, Athy paled. What the hell was she thinking?! Did she have a death wish?!

Truth was she wasn't thinking at all. Her frayed mind was too stunned for thinking straight, all it want was answers. Answers only Claude could provide.

"It is not obvious?" Claude said nonchalantly after moment of scrutinizing Athy's motive. There was no hesitation in his not so subtle confession, just matter of fact tone. Like it was something that should have been obvious and she was a moron for asking such stupid question for a given answer.

Athy swore her soul left her body then and there from the shock. Claude - the heartless, ruthless bloodthirsty psycho was in love with you, a person so sweet and kind.

"It's quite a shock, isn't it?" Felix chuckled seeing the frozen look on Athy's face.

"What's that suppose to mean, Felix?" Claude sharply glared at Felix who jolted back in fright. "Are you implying something?"

Felix smiled sheepishly, denying Claude's words. Meanwhile Athy was having existential crisis. She couldn't comprehend how The Claude de Alger Obelia was love with you? It almost seems like a cheap joke.

Now that she thought about it did make complete sense. Athy discreetly glared at Claude. There was nothing she could do at this point. It was obvious you were in love with Claude. The way you lit up was almost blindingly bright when you were with him.  Now she looked back on her memories of you and Claude, same was with Claude. His odd soft gaze from his normally sharp cold glare, rare smiles that almost graced his usual stoic face, his petty jealousy over you and how can she forget his plain to see possessiveness. All out of character traits solely reserved for you.

Athy sighed. She felt stupid  not realizing it early on. She was so hung up on the novel 'Lovely Princess' that she was basing everyone's personality and fate on it ignoring what should be obvious to her. Her fate won't end up like the unfortunate princess, she wasn't alone like her. She had you and others too. You never hesitated in jumping into depths of danger for her. She's always felt safe with you, she could count on you; a feeling she remained stranger to in her previous life.

So that's why she wanted you happy. If your happiness lies with Claude so be it. She wasn't going to get in your way, in fact to preserve your smile she would anything in her power.

"A date," Athy said. Seeing confusion on both of their faces, Athy reverted back to her happy-go-lucky child persona and said cheerfully, "Like in the story Lily told me where the Prince takes the Princess around the town, doing lots of fun stuffs. It makes the Princess happy. (Y/n) will be happy too if Papa did something similar."

"Oh our princess is so smart." Felix praised Athy who beamed at him. "(Y/n) did love to snuck out of palace. She always dragged me along with her. It was pleasant experience." Felix smiled wistfully before he let out a exaggerated sigh. "Ah your majesty never got to experience that. Such a pity. Even Lawrence had accompanied us I'm sure he thinks the same. It was such enjoyment, aimlessly roaming the town with no worries to remember."

"Felix," Claude said in low voice, a dangerous glint in he eyes. "your mouth had been running a lot lately. Would you like me to rip off your tongue? Maybe cutting off your neck would help you."

Felix shuddered before he backed away from Claude with a stiff smile. "Of course not, your majesty."

Athy gobbled on cake  while shaking her head at the usual stupidity of Felix. Why was he intentionally provoking the beast? Felix really didn't value his life. You aside, Athy wouldn't trust Claude with anyone's life.

Claude irritatedly poured him another drink. His gut was twisted with a feeling he rather ignore. The thought of you enjoying your night out with Lawrence had already turned his mouth bitter adding to the fact he never got to experience it with you first was most unpleasant thing to think about. He felt like going back in time and smacking his younger self for being a fool for rejecting the night outs with you.

Claude gazed at his annoyed expression laced with unveiled jealousy in the reflection of the cup. Clicking his tongue, he gulped down the entire thing in one swing. His eyes harden with resolve. "A date, huh? Doesn't sound that bad."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.2K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...
183K 5.9K 39
Everyone thought the first princess died on the guillotine. But in fact, she fooled them all. Now living happily with her husband and three kids, wha...
6.4K 207 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...
65.4K 2.6K 21
โ”€โ”€โ˜… ห™๐Ÿ“๐‚๐‹๐€๐”๐ƒ๐„ ๐ƒ๐„ ๐€๐‹๐†๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐€ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ! ๐‚๐Ž๐๐‚๐”๐๐ˆ๐๐„! ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐— ๐•๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž๐”๐’(?) ฬŸ !! โDid the idea of being a pa...