His Path Of Redemption

By Manhattanwannabe

Prologue How do you fix something that is beyond repair? How do you stop your heart from breaking each time y... More

A/N
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter- 3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter- 8
Chapter-9
A/N
Chapter 10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter- 19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Character aesthetics.
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
1K? 1K.
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
A\N

Chapter- 38

70 5 46
By Manhattanwannabe

Song for the chapter: Someone to you- BANNERS.

Olivia's POV:

"I'm never coming back." Blaze said.

"Ugh, fine. Don't come." I replied.

It's not like he's made some amazing impression anyway.

The guy acted like he was sitting in a park through the entire mass.

People were literally glaring at him.

"So, what's the plan? What do we do next?" I asked.

"You go home or shoot. I have to go to the HQ for work." He said.

"Zip it Blaze, you can make out with your laptop later. It's a Sunday I'm not going anywhere nor are you. We're having fun today."

"Alright, let's go home, I'll throw you on bed and rip your clothes apart. Fun." He said blankly.

"1. Atleast have a little...idk normal voice or sexy voice or whatever while saying so that I atleast consider that idea.

2. No." I cleared myself.

"Then, I go to the HQ." He declared.

"Or, we could go to the jungle where you took me the other day?" I asked.

He looked towards me.

"You... really wanna...go back?" He asked slowly.

"Duh, that place is so peaceful and alive I love it." I said.

He just smiled.

"Okay...let's go there." He said.

"Alright, can we like take food? Before we go? Because like, by the time we reach it'll be lunch." I said.

"Of course." He nodded.

"Okay, I'll have a-" He cut me off.

"Pizza. Got it." He said.

I blushed and smiled.

Yes, I blushed. This is was probably the first time I've ever blushed, I don't blush.

Heh, whipped.

Puh-lease, we're friends.

Since when?

Actually yes, what are we?

Uh huh?

Friends...?

Who fuck?

No...?

Yea, well surprise motherfucker you did that last night.

Okay probably then.

Or...is he your sugar daddy?

I think we're both not the people who are into daddy kink so no.

Meh.

I will have to talk about this to Blaze sometime soon. We both need to know where we stand. We can't just do this all the time, fight and fuck.

Trust me, you can.

No, bye.

We first drove towards a small café which I asked Blaze to pull over at. I've been here a few times and the pizza here has my whole heart. It's the way I like. Lots of veggies and spicy sauce and less cheese.

There people who hate me for having less cheese on pizza but that's how I like it.

Blaze argued with me for like 20 minutes saying that we'll take pizza from some fancy place he was suggesting but I stayed adamant on how I want to eat pizza from this place only.

Eventually he gave up.

We took the pizza and drove off.

It wasn't long before we hit the jungle.

I sighed and looked forward.

For some weird reason I love this place, it's just... beautiful. There are trees on both the sides and clear sky above with straight roads.

Surprisingly people don't come here much so most of the times the road is empty. I feel like stopping and just sitting on the road. Crazy I know, but can't really do that on a busy road, can we?

I opened the window and let the breeze hit my face.

This was so refreshing, it felt so alive.

I glanced at Blaze.

He was as usual in his all black and had put shades. He looked hotter.

I tied my hair into a bun and patiently took in the jungle and the breeze as we drove towards that one particular spot.

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆

We were sitting in front of the tree munching on Pizza, making small conversations here and there and otherwise enjoying the silence.

I suddenly noticed a flower. It was a blue flower. The sun was hitting it and it looked brighter.

It reminded me of the first time I saw the blue stone. I remember how the sun shined on it and it became brighter. That was another moment when I felt an unexplainable feeling.

"Blaze, doesn't that flower remind you of the blue stone?" I asked.

He looked towards the flower.

"Nothing reminds me of that useless stone." Blaze said.

"You've spent so many years protecting it, I'm not gonna believe you don't like it." I said.

"I don't, it wasn't even mine to bear anyway, it belongs to my family, the females of the family if we're being precise, they always protected it. Dad handed it over to me, he wanted me to protect it and hand it over to the queen. Which I did, it's your property use it throw it I've got nothing to do." He said normally.

"But take my advice, throw it. It's an unwanted burden." He said.

"Oh, I'm definitely not throwing it, don't give me unnecessary advises. It's so beautiful, there's something about that stone you know." I said.

He just made an unpleased face.

"Where in Greece was it found?" I asked.

"Next to some river or something." He said.

I just nodded.

We continued to have little talks here and there and got to know each other a little better.

I liked this Blaze. The guy who loved to sit in quiet jungle in front of a tree and munch pizza while making small conversations and enjoy peace.

The mob Blaze sent shivers down my spine.

Maybe we should come here often.

I smiled.

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆

We were on our way back home. The sun had begun to set and everything had become prettier.

Let's just all accept sunsets make everything pretty.

We were soon out of the jungle and I already wanted to go back.

We hit the busy streets of New York.

I almost forgot how the exciting New York is in the night.

"I was wondering do you want to meet Malia?" Blaze asked.

"Now?" I asked back.

"Yea, you had some questions right? Let's get them cleared." He said.

"Alright." I said.

Wow. Okay.

I completely forgot about the stone. Today was... really soothing. We went to the church which was second hand embarrassment but okay. The jungle was obviously the best part.

I noticed we were going towards the outskirts of the city.

After good 20 minutes, Blaze pulled over next to a small house.

We both got out and walked towards the main door as Blaze rang the bell.

Malia opened the door and let us in.

She asked us to sit on the couch and so we did.

"I'm so happy the queen decided to visit." Malia said.

"Malia please, no formalities, I'm not really use to the whole 'queen' calling. We'll keep it Oliva or Livvie?" I asked.

"Of course, whatever you say." She said and smiled.

"So, Blaze told me you had few questions regarding the stone?" She asked.

"Yea, so um, we had an intruder at the HQ few days back. When he was being interrogated he said something like "she doesn't know the truth about the stone, does she?" So, what truth?" I asked.

She sighed.

"Well, let me tell you from the start. The blue stone was found by Blaze's ancestors. The believed it held some magical power which it does. However, whenever the males of the family tried to take control over it, the stone caused havoc in the family. It was then concluded that only the females will be the rightful owner of the stone. No one except the Queen of the mafia has ever known what power the stone holds, only you can tell yourself what power it holds. But believe me Olivia, that stone, is very powerful, the faith of the family is in that stone, so protect it, with all you have. My family owes a lot to Blaze's. As a way of paying them back, we took the responsibility of the stone in absence of the queen or if she died due to some uncalled circumstance. My ancestors back then practiced witch-craft, so they knew how to protect it. Now however, I don't think witch-craft is technically possible, I never tried it, but since I belong to the same bloodline I was given the responsibility to protect it. As for the intruder. Emanuel has always had his eye on the stone for a reason only he's aware of. Him and his men can be very manipulative, that's what happened. Atleast I think, because I can't think of any other reason." She concluded.

It took me good 10 seconds to grasp everything.

"So...that's all?" I asked.

"That's all I know." She smiled.

Wow that was a lot.

"But umm...if only the females are the rightful owners of this stone then why doesn't Blaze's sister have it? Or his mom?"  I asked.

Blaze snapped at the mention of his sister.

He does really hate her.

"Blaze's mom did have it. When she was the queen. Flora got married and belonged to Carter's mafia. Blaze took over and naturally it came to you. Besides it would've never gone down to Flora because she's the daughter of the family, not the queen. It has always been gone down to the son, so that when he brings the queen, she can rightfully own it." She said.

Oh.

But that's so anti-feminist. Like she deserves a part of it too.

Ugh, maybe I'll make some changes.

I smiled at Malia.

"Thankyou so much Malia. I think I'll figure out the rest eventually." I said.

Me and Blaze both stood up.

"We'll be leaving now." I said.

She stood up too.

"Sure, do visit whenever you feel like." She said and I nodded.

We stepped out of the door.

"All clear?" He asked.

"Sort of." I said.

"Well, you have the stone, feel free to experiment." He said.

I chuckled and nodded.

I walked towards the car.

Wait.

WHERE IS THE CAR?

"Where is the ca-" He cut me off.

"Taking you to another beautiful place, c'mon." He said.

He took my hand and we started walking.

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆

We came to a big open pond.

A pond.

A freaking pond at the outskirts of New York.

Wow.

The water was glittering under moon light.

Wow.

"This is... beautiful." I said.

"I know, I always came here when mom visited Malia." He said.

"Blaze, how do you find these beautiful places?" I asked.

He smiled.

"I've always been this way. I hated being around people, I still do. So I found places, places with no people." He said.

I held his hand and smiled.

We stood there for half an hour or so.

"I'm hungry." I said.

"When are you not?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon let's get you food." He said as we started walking outside.

We walked a little further and saw a small café.

My obsession with café's was unhealthy.

I pulled Blaze inside and we ordered some food.

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆

Turns out home was much closer than I thought so we were walking on the street right now. A little closer to home. We were just randomly messing around.

Like he wasn't a multi-millionaire and an underground mob and I was a top model and an undercover assassin.

We looked like a pair of bestfriends messing around.

Reminded me of mine. Maybe I'll call Leo sometime soon.

I heard a click of the camera.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

He nodded.

We pretended like we were still messing and I spotted 2 paps hiding in the bushes.

Awesome.

"Not one day." He uttered.

I sighed.

"Oh my god, is the Blaze Knight? The multi-millionaire?!?!? And oh, wait is that Olivia White with him?!" I heard 2 girls yelling.

"Fuck." Blaze said.

He held my hand and looked at me.

"Run." He said as we both ran.

He held my hand all the while.

Thankfully home was closer so we reached immediately.

We ran so fast that we hit the beach.

We were both catching our breaths now as we looked at each other.

"That...was..that was..fun." I said and giggled.

"I know." He said and giggled too.

"Maybe, we should just call Sunday's as Blivia day." I said.

"We literally had one tin of beer don't tell me your high what kind of absurd name that is." Blaze said.

"I don't know it's hilarious though." I said and started laughing as he joined me.

We were walking on the sand now.

"Blaze, today was nice. Like really nice." I said.

"It was, it felt good to be free, after all these years of been caught up in work, it felt good to be open again, for a little while." Blaze said.

I held his arm and stopped him.

I got on tippy toes and wrapped my arms around his neck as I hugged him.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Maybe we should call Sunday's Blivia day." He said.

"Maybe." I chuckled.

Girl, this is happiness.

He is.

You know I'm actually loving writing these fun and happy chapters but I get reminded this is the happiness before the storm 🙃

Love,
Author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 74.1K 89
*THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY EDITED* TW: kidnapping, manipulation, toxic/abusive relationship, violence, death, grief, self-harm, suicidal thoughts...
119K 2.8K 29
"Do you love her?" He seethes, looking for any answer. The question didn't matter to him but it sure as hell mattered to us. One simple question. On...
17.9K 1.1K 43
A forbidden love story is easy to guess the ending of, spoiler alert....not a happy one. Which is why when my ex bodyguard shows up five years after...
2.4K 50 16
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...