A Vampire's Love - Edward Cul...

By TheFrenchWriter99

Edward Cullen has never wanted to sleep more than he did at this moment, as he started junior year for the um... More

[TWILIGHT] Chapter 1 - Forks
Chapter 2 - Friends
Chapter 3 - The Beginning
Chapter 4 - Friends
Chapter 5 - Hot & Cold
Chapter 6 - Threats
Chapter 7 - Birthday (1)
Chapter 8 - Birthday (2)
Chapter 9 - Birthday (3)
Chapter 10 - Warning
Chapter 11 - Thoughts
Chapter 12 - Family (1)
Chapter 13 - Family (2)
Chapter 14 - La Push
Chapter 15 - Roots
Chapter 16 - Answers
Chapter 17 - Confrontation
Chapter 18 - Confessions
Chapter 19 - Questions
Chapter 20 - First kiss
Chapter 21 - Isabella Swan (1)
Chapter 22 - Isabella Swan (2)
Chapter 23 - Gone
Chapter 25 - Decisions
Chapter 26 - Him
Chapter 27 - Not Her
Chapter 28 - Fight
Chapter 29 - Port Angeles (1)
Chapter 30 - Port Angeles (2)
Chapter 31 - Port Angeles (3)
Chapter 32 - The Game
Chapter 33 - Nomads
Chapter 34 - The Hunt
Chapter 35 - Lost
Chapter 36 - Danger
Chapter 37 - Blood
Chapter 38 - Prom
[NEW MOON] Chapter 39 - Party
Chapter 40 - Disaster
Chapter 41 - An End
Chapter 42 - A Beginning
Chapter 43 - Quileutes
Chapter 44 - Guidance
Chapter 45 - Almost normal
Chapter 46 - The Pack
Chapter 47 - New Recruit
Chapter 48 - History
Chapter 49 - A New Threat
Chapter 50 - Jacob Black (1)
Chapter 51 - Jacob Black (2)
Chapter 52 - Born to kill
Chapter 53 - Fearless
Chapter 54 - Rules
Chapter 55 - Inevitable
Chapter 56 - Paralyzed
Chapter 57 - Imprint
[ECLIPSE] Chapter 58 - Lone wolf
Chapter 59 - Humanity
Chapter 60 - Home (1)
Chapter 61 - Home (2)
Chapter 62 - Reunion
Chapter 63 - Alpha & Beta
Chapter 64 - School
Chapter 65 - Unexpected
Chapter 66 - Training
Chapter 67 - Scent
Chapter 68 - Clans
Chapter 69 - Intruder
Chapter 70 - Partner
Chapter 71 - Tutor
Chapter 72 - Clearing
Chapter 73 - Clothes
Chapter 74 - Army
Chapter 75 - Newborn
Chapter 76 - Theories
Chapter 77 - Graduation
Chapter 78 - Control
Chapter 79 - Target
Chapter 80 - Bet
Chapter 81 - Negotiation
Chapter 82 - Compromise
Chapter 83 - Battle
Chapter 84 - Aftermath
Chapter 85 - Engagement
[BREAKING DAWN] Chapter 86 - News
Chapter 87 - Prenuptials
Chapter 88 - Wedding Day
Chapter 89 - Ceremony
Chapter 90 - Reception

Chapter 24 - Reason

551 24 2
By TheFrenchWriter99

Edward

Seeing her as a person.

Getting used to her presence.

Finding a reason to keep her alive.

I kept repeating these words, over and over again in my mind, meditating on them. Was I really able to do that ? Getting close to my enemy ? Was the girl really an enemy, or just someone I hated right now ?

While unconsciously stroking Aiyanna's neck as she slept calmly in my arms, I kept overthinking about the moment I'd have to be confronted to that scent again.

Before going back to school, I had to see my family. I had to talk to Carlisle, see Esme and my siblings again. Although it hasn't been long since we last saw each other, the fact that I left to flee worried them. I didn't answer to any of their calls and messages either during my stay in the Denali coven, ashamed and afraid they'd influence my decision.

"Edward..."

This murmur which sounded so clear to me was said by a sleepy Aiyanna. It was the second time that night, that she had called my name.

Aiyanna didn't understand why I liked being with her while she was asleep. The truth was that, I wanted to be with her whether she was awake or not. Her presence itself was enough for me to feel whole. I didn't get bored. On the contrary, these 90 years without her were much more boring than these moments were.

I left her house in the middle of the night while she was still sleeping. I wanted to hunt, change my clothes and come back before Aiyanna would wake up.

When I parked in the garage, I heard the thoughts of the members of my family. Alice had most certainly told them that I was coming back even before I made the decision to do so. So there was no surprise detected in their thoughts and voices.

I went to the living room, where I met all of them in a second. I was first welcomed by Esme who wrapped her small arms around me, and pecked my cheek.

Welcome home, Edward - she thought. I'm pleased you came back.

"I'm sorry for leaving without a notice." I told her.

It's fine. As long as you are okay, now.

I nodded and saw my siblings, watching me closely. Alice had told them everything I told her before leaving. She had called me, as soon as I made the decision to leave and therefore, became Aiyanna's driver that day.

"Why force yourself, Edward ?" Jasper asked me, not understanding why I was back so soon.

"It's going to be okay. I'm 93% certain that nothing will happen." Alice tried to reassure everyone, as she searched through her visions.

For once, I was the weakest. For once, I was the one who needed to be watched. It was irritating. Now, I understood what Jasper was feeling constantly. I sighed, hating this feeling.

"Shall we have a talk, Edward ?" Carlisle asked, out loud.

All eyes went to him, which allowed me to not feel their gazes that brought so much pressure on my shoulders. Internally, I thanked Carlisle for intervening, although he couldn't hear me.

I nodded, and the next second, both of us left the others behind while we went for a run.

Carlisle was the first one to stop, and I followed. Through his eyes, I could see myself standing shamefully in front of him. I should've at least tell him my intentions of leaving. But shame had taken the control over me.

"Did it ever happen to you ?" I asked him. "Meeting someone whose scent was better than other's. A lot more better ?"

"I did." Carlisle confessed.

A sense of hope started to fill me up, no matter how ridiculous it was. "What did you do ?"

"The same thing you did. I fled. Which brings me to ask you, why did you come back so soon, Edward ?"

I sighed. "Rather than betraying your trust, I prefered to leave. If things had been different, I would've stayed longer. But now..."

"You have something to lose." Carlisle completed me. I nodded, and he approached me to put his hand on my shoulder. I could see his compassion through his eyes. "I understand, Edward. I hope you realize that it comes with responsabilities. Do what's possible to keep Isabella Swan, alive. Even if it means, leaving again."

"I know. I know..."

Not only did I hate feeling like a coward by fleeing, but a part of me was also curious about this girl. How could one human being have a shield against my gift, but also trigger my senses this much, without even trying ?

"But you're not even thinking about leaving again, right ?" Carlisle asked, after deciphering my expressions.

I shook my head.

"Then do your best. Do not push your limits. But remember that if it's too hard for you, we'll follow. It would be better to leave before a life gets taken, right ?"

"Yes."

"Shall we hunt now ?" Carlisle suggested.

Although I also hunted before coming back to Forks, I thought it'd be better for me to be overfed before that biology hour on Monday. But deep down I knew that no matter how much liter of blood I'd drink tonight, it would mean nothing once I'd be seated next to Bella Swan.

~~

When I came back to Aiyanna's house after getting rid of the scent of blood on me, and my clothes, I found her still sleeping. I was the one to wake her up. This simple action had the power to make me feel happy. No matter how mundane it was, it made me forget the monster inside me. It made me feel normal.

After having her "human moments" as she liked to call them, Aiyanna had found a sit on my lap, and stared at my eyes as if she was trying to find an answer. The way her left eye squeezed as she looked at me suspiciously and the small frown that appeared on her forehead made me smile.

"Rather than looking at me like that, don't you think it'd be better to ask what you want to know ?" I suggested.

"If you can't do this, will you leave again ?" Aiyanna asked.

I could sense worry in the sound of her voice.

"I'll come find you." I told her.

Aiyanna sighed. I felt guilty, for being the one she loved. For not being able to give her the classic love story she deserved. Would she have been better off without me ? I couldn't help but think of Aiyanna's future. She'd go to university, start a career, get married... I could see her, dressed in a white dress and walking down the aisle with her father on her side.

But I also saw her growing old, and passing away. This simple thought brought sadness and pain in my chest. I envied my family. They had people who'd stay with them for eternity. They had a certain guarantee that I didn't have. I once thought about the idea of Aiyanna turning into one of us. But although I was cruel enough to stay around her no matter how dangerous it was for her, it wasn't to the point where I would put her through this much. I couldn't impose this choice on her.

"Promise me that no matter where you are, no matter what's happening, you'll come to me." she said.

I brushed her face with the back of my fingers, and she closed her eyes at the contact of my cold skin against hers.

"I promise."

She opened her eyes, and her once worried face brightened with her smile. Unexpectedly, Aiyanna pecked my lips, but instead of letting her lean back, my hand on the back of her head didn't let her go anywhere. I may have been pushing my limits, but I wanted to be consumed by her presence. Her lips were calm but were at the same time, asking for more. This kiss was a mix of despair from me and passion from her. However, it didn't last long. As soon as I felt the venom rushing into my canines, I pushed Aiyanna so suddenly that she looked at me with a surprised expression on her face.

"Wow, okay hum..." she started, while trying to collect her thoughts. "If that's how we're going to start our days from now on, I'm here for it." Aiyanna said enthusiastically, which again, made me forget about the sudden manifestation of the monster inside me.

"That would be pushing my limits and putting you in danger." I reminded her, but still not displeased by the idea.

"But, we can also see this as practice for you to get used to me." she shrugged.

"Are you using my weakness to your advantage, right now ?"

"Of course, I am. It's the only weapon I have." Aiyanna bluntly answered.

How could someone so optimistic be around someone as negative and doubtful as me ? How could she see light in a person as dark as I was ? I didn't deserve such support from her.

"Let's go now, or we'll be late." she said as she stood up, and picked up her bag.

"I'm the one driving, remember ?"

Aiyanna's smile died down and she rolled her eyes. "Ugh..."

During the car ride, the only noise were made by my car and the music that was playing from Aiyanna's favorite flute CD from my collection. The contrast of our temperatures while holding hands and the way our thumbs simutaneously stroke the back of each other's hands were enough to make me focus on her and nothing else. I refused to think about what was waiting for me. I refused to think about what I could do, and decided to focus on what I had today.

I didn't find the reason to keep Bella Swan alive. Instead, what I found was much more valuable to me.

It was a reason to stay with the people I cherished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513K 18.6K 32
❝ And then it hit her. It was the way he would tell cheesy jokes, and text her first thing in the morning. It was the way he would give her piggyback...
676K 11.4K 51
Bella Swan's younger sister comes to town to live with her and Charlie forever. Bella is depressed after the Cullen's up and left her in the dust. Bu...
56.1K 857 32
Eilijah is Carlisle's daughter from before he was turned. She went looking and got bitten too. She's been looking for him for years, what happens whe...
130K 4K 27
Bella's back, fresh out of Juvie, a plan in her mind. She had spent every waking moment figuring out what the Cullens where and now she was positive...