Can't Help It ; Natsu

By mandouyi

[complete] Life was a continuous, repetitive cycle. Things pass, perhaps stopping even a second to wave. Ev... More

1 - Beginning
2 - Photos
3 - Rocks
4 - Angels
5 - Friend
6 - Idiot
7 - Parent
8 - Clueless
9 - Contest
10 - Temptation
11 - Strangest
12 - Progress
13 - Accidents
14 - Afternoon
15 - Choice
16 - Running
17 - Faithful
Surprise! Miss me?
Author's Note
The Time We Spent
I'm Not Suicidal!
Nightmare in My Dreams
Strawberry Jelly Cake
A Wandering Child
Three Loving Words
Don't Leave Me!
My Other Half-Literally
Date with Him
The S-Class Job
The Fallen Girl
Natsu's Forgotten Presents
Don't Let Me Down
Life's Weird
His Departure is Nearing
Update
You Must Be Joking
A Day Full Of Tears and Grins
Two Weeks And Counting
A Week Left
Nova
Argument
Disbelief
Hospital Recovering Time
Quick Preparations
Fate
Time Together
Trouble-Maker
Hargeon Town
My Favorite- The Ferris Wheel
How About A Family?
Our Sweet Days
Surprise! Like Her?
It's Not Personal, She Says
Rescue Mission!
Lucas's Paper Crane
Well...I Had Drinks with Cana?
Babies Aren't From Stomachs!
This Lady
OH MY LORD
The Child Demands His Baby!
Is Gruvia...A Thing Yet?
The Man Who Laughed
Spying on Juvia and Gray
In Sickness and In Health
Who...Will You Choose?
PLEASE READ
Rin- And Rin
Names
Who Eats and Who Refuses
Dragon Breath
Zoos and Peacocks
Purpura
Hey...I Know You!
The Dusted Cobalt Sky
The Way Back Home
Him- Sick
The Feeling, Dreaded
Worst of Me
Not Actually Serious?
Jealousy and Rage
With My Emotions- Disappear
Our Mixed Relationship- Confusion
Something- Familiar?
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Unresolved Problems- The Woman
Rin- Prophecy Child
Consumed- Darkly Matters
As A Team- Together
An Unsteady Feeling- Lost
The One- You?!
My Thoughts- Unfortunate
Half Murderess, Half Daughter
Christmas Special
Silhouettes Against The Wall
Ignis
I Left You
Power Duo
𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

The Infirmus Heart

13.6K 533 1.6K
By mandouyi

This chapter is dedicated to:

You. Thank you so much, I couldn't ask for better readers.
___

"Lucas?" You peered over to the child, worriedly staring into his sweat-beaded face. "He's going to be okay." Natsu squeezed your arm. "He can fight a little flu."

"I hope so." You gaze at Natsu. Pecking him on the lips, you said, "good morning."

"Hey." He held a cup of coffee in his hands.

"That smells nice." You took a sip out of his cup. "Mm, and it tastes nice too. Sweet tooth much?" You grimace when the sweet flavor invades your mouth.

Natsu flicks your forehead. "That's my coffee, sweetheart."

You pout. "Where's mine?" He points to the counter where a cup of coffee sat. "Coffee!" You bounded over to the cup. "You're my one true love." You whispered to the cup, jokingly.

Natsu perked. "Excuse me?" He leaned over you, his hand on the wall behind you.

You gulp, finding yourself staring at his muscles. "Natsu.." You breathe, looking up into his face.

He grins. "Who's your one true love?" He teasingly kisses your lips. His lips gliding over yours, barely touching.

"Coffee."

"Who?"

"I mean you."

You gulp once again as he moves even closer. "Natsu, you're going to crush me. And suffocate me. Whichever you choose."

He chuckles. "I'm not going to crush you." He whispers into your ear.

"Natsu, (Y/N), please not this early in the morning!" Plume's voice interrupted the sexy atmosphere. "Dang it, Plume. You interrupted our moment!" Natsu teasingly looks up, his eyes glittering.

She rolled her eyes. "You can have your moments when we're away." Happy suddenly popped up behind her. "Natsu, what are you doing?"

Natsu suddenly pushed off the wall, and shuffled away. "Nothing, nothing."

But your fast heartbeat wouldn't settle down.

"Daddy?" A sleepy Lucas entered the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. "Hey buddy." Natsu immediately swept up Lucas.

"I'm Uncle Happy! And this is your aunt, Plume." Happy energetically flew around Lucas's head.

"Uncle Happy...Aunt Plume." Lucas beamed at them, his cheeks still red from the fever. "It's nice to meet you."

Happy and Plume seemed to evaporate in Lucas's aura of flowers and cuteness.

___•Market•___

"Hey, Natsu. Do you like strawberries or apples?" You held the two fruits in your palms.

He shrugged, looking bored.

"I'm not sure we should've left Lucas with Happy and Plume.." He worriedly looked behind him, in the direction of the apartment.

You put the fruits down, and hold his hand, reassuring him. "It'll be okay. I'm sure they can babysit a 5-year old."

"So, in the meantime..apples or strawberries?"

He sighed and gave you a sideway look. You bat your eyelashes at him.

"Watermelon."

"Watermelon isn't a choice."

"I want watermelon." He stubbornly said, shaking his head.

"Okie, strawberries it is."

You finally picked up your fruit, and walked around the market some more with Natsu.

"Oh, wait, (Y/N)." Natsu stopped you. You look at him questionably. 'He wants to go into a jewelry store?'

He smiled awkwardly. "Sorry, can you wait outside?"

Your eye twitched as you let his hand go, and watched him walk into the store. 'What could he want in a jewelry store?'

"Ojou?!"

Time seemed to slow down as you turned, hearing the familiar voice. There, in the middle of the falling sakura petals, was a familiar figure.

A fair complexion. The dark brown hair. Her chocolaty eyes.

The clank of her dropping her groceries was loud, and she stared at you with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"Ojou!" She rushed forward, her groceries immediately forgotten. She flung her arms around you.

"Lizabeth..." You choked, your tears almost falling at the sight of your friend.

"(Y/N)?" Natsu's confused voice made you spin around. "Hey. Come here." You tugged him closer. "This is Lizabeth. Lizabeth, Natsu."

"Hey, Natsu." Lizabeth smiled at him. "Are you familiar with Ojou?"

Natsu eyes flew to her. "Yes. You could say that. (Y/N) is my girlfriend."

You immediately flushed, and looked the other way.

"Oh?" Lizabeth drew an interested face. "Is that..so." She tugged him away to the corner, and began investigating him.

"Don't worry, Ojou! It's just my test." She called.

You look over, amusedly. Lizabeth was peppering Natsu with questions, and Natsu peered at you, his eyebrow raised.

But nevertheless, he returned with Lizabeth, his face slightly pink. Lizabeth beamed brightly at you. "Don't worry, Ojou. He's not a suspicious person!"

'Oh, no. Really.'

"Lizabeth..." You hugged her tightly. "I can't believe you're in Magnolia. How..?"

Lizabeth gave Natsu one last look-over. "I was just off on a little trip." She beamed at you, then leaning back down to pick up her groceries.

You nod at the groceries to Natsu, who immediately stooped down and helped Lizabeth.

"Why...thank you." Lizabeth straightened up when she had recovered all her groceries. "What a gentleman."

You grin. "Yeah. He is."

After saying goodbye to Lizabeth and promising to contact her, you and Natsu had dropped off your groceries at home.

"How is he?" Natsu asks, his hand on Lucas's forehead, intently looking at Plume and Happy.

Happy wore a frown, while Plume looked away nervously. "He hasn't been getting better.." She whispered.

"Natsu, we need the doctor." You rest your hand on his warm back. He looks up to you and nods, his eyes wide with..fear?

___

"How is he?" Natsu asked the white-cloaked woman. "She's got Infirmus Heart. Don't worry. I've set you up with some pills. She should be okay." She smiled comfortingly at you and Natsu.

"Doctor...what's Infirmus Heart?" You ask, slightly familiar with the name. It was on the tip of your tongue.

"She's got a weak heart." She bluntly said. "And to be honest, there's not a big chance of survival...but I know she can pull through. And when she does, contact me."

"Does it get better?"

"It will go away if she gets better. Don't worry, it's not contagious. She'll just be weaker than the other children. Make sure she takes the pills 2 times a day."

(For those who don't get it - Lucas was mistaken for a girl by a doctor. Kinda like how Italy got mistaken as a girl when he was chibi.)

"We will. Thank you, Doctor." Natsu gently rubbed circles on your hand. "Yes. Thank you Doctor."

"You're very welcome. And last thing?"

"Yes?" You ask.

"She's very cute." She winks. And leaves, shutting the door softly behind her.

"Wait. Did she say..'she'?" You ask, bewildered.

Natsu grins. "Apparently our Lucas looks like a girl, amour."

"Oh that's cute. And where did you learn Spanish?"

"I did some traveling for a bit. Never thought there were Spanish speakers east from here."

"Mummy?" Lucas's eyes opened. "Lucas. Are you okay?" You ask, touching his hot cheek.

"I just feel really warm. Lucas will be okay." Lucas reached out, and grabbed your hand. "It's going to be okay."

You smiled, and started to get up, until-

"Wait! Please don't go. You always leave so early, mummy."

You gave a sharp gasp, and stumbled back. The old Lucas's words rang in your head.

"Wait! Please don't go.."

His image wavered, and you force him out of your mind.

You gently smile when Natsu and Lucas look at you with the same 'are you okay' look.

___

Stumbling into the bedroom, your eyes fell on something shiny.

Thankfully, Natsu was in the kitchen, cooking.

"What?" You murmur, picking up the shiny object. 'A necklace?'

'A feminine necklace?'

'Natsu would never wear this.'

'So why..?'

'And why didn't I notice it earlier?'

"Natsu!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 324 14
Natsu Dragneel, the pink haired fire mage from Magnolia in The Kingdom of Fiore takes a quest on his own when his friends departed on a quest without...
831 17 13
It was 1 month ago she disappeared from my life. 1 month but ot sure as hell felt like a year. I want her back. I need her back. I got her back. I a...
6.7K 380 33
❝You don't realize how much you love a person until you are at risk of losing them.❞ ────in which a single night changes Natsu Dragneel's life with...
1.4K 41 13
Lucy Heartfilia a rich girl, royal girl that has everything • Natsu Dragneel a race car racer. he loves to race • But what happens when Lucy meets N...