Breaking Free

By Blossom03

After an unexpected surprise 17 year old Lily is forced to move from her hometown Utah to go live with with h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
READ :)

Chapter 10

165 4 4
By Blossom03

(RECAP)

She slowly dragged me back towards the stairs and huffed out in my ear, "You have a lot of explaining to do missy."

I let out an aggravated sigh. This isn't going to be fun.

Chapter 10

Rosie and Jason were both sitting on my bed staring at me intensely, Oliver was simply twirling around on my computer desk bored.

"So he just showed up here without warning?!"

"He looks just like you!"

"Why do you think he came here early?"

"Did Caroline know he was coming?" Rosie and Jason fired at the same time, I was surprised Jason was acting so curious. It was a funny and strange sight looking at him sitting on my bed hugging a pillow and staring at me wide-eyed. He can be such a chick sometimes!

"I had no freaking idea that he was coming, honestly! No phone call, no letter, no nothing. But maybe Caroline knew because she didn't act so surpris-"

"What about me sweet pea?" Caroline asked, she was standing on the doorway crossing her arms and smilinge.

"Oh pardon my manners, hello Lily's friends!" she quickly added on flashing a perfect smile.

Rosie and Jason smiled and chirped, "Hello Caroline!" Oliver got up from the chair and Caroline offered him a hug.

"Thank you for taking care of Lily." she said to him, as if we all weren't there and couldn't hear her loud and clear.  

Oliver smiled and said, "Well she is a handful..." while giving me and mock unsure look.

I can't believe this! How can they act like everything's OK?! I'm LEAVING tomorrow and they are joking as if the man I hated the most wasn't dragging me thousands of miles away! Sometimes they act like they won't even miss me when I leave!

Without thinking I pushed passed the oh-so-happy Oliver and Caroline, then leaped down the steps furiously ripping the front door open and bolting towards the quads, still in Oliver's clothes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As I arrived at the ranch it felt like de ja vu all over again, only this time I wasn't about to call Oliver. I parked the quad and stumbled off nearly falling face flat, but made by way inside.  Caroline must have fed the horses because fresh hay and oats were already in each of their stables.

I greeted the horses one by one then made my way to Bella's stable with an apple in hand.

As I turned to her stable, my heart dropped, my mind went whirling, and the only noise around was the thump of the apple hitting the ground and silently rolling away.

Bella was gone.

The stable door was still locked, no way she could have escaped on her own. Someone must have stole her!! Panic pumped through my veins as I imagined a burglar dragging her away as she fought back furiously, I winced at the thought.

Immediately I thrust open the stable door of the second fastest horse we had, a chocolate mustang named Clover. I threw on the reins and hopped on bareback, I usually don't like riding without a saddle but I didn't have time to care.

I attempted on jumping onto Clovers back but quickly realized he was larger then Bella, and I landed flat out on my back with an 'Umph" escaping my mouth.

I doubled over in pain but quickly pushed it aside and snatched a stool from by the door, I then used that to give me more height to hop on Clover. Immediately I kicked his belly and we took off in a fast paced gallop.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wasn't sure if Bella had run away, but if she did I knew exactly where she would have gone. Even if she had been stolen and managed to escape, she would most likely head here rather than back to the stable.

Clover and I continued heading towards the hill, I patted him as encouragement while we continued on, my thighs were sore from riding without a saddle, and I has to struggle to stay on.

We made our way up the hill and my heart jumped with hope as I started to see a shadow at the top. It was hard to make out what it was since the sun was beaming down on us and I had to squint to see if we were still headed in the right direction.

We made it to the top and the figure leaped away and down towards the other side of the grassy hill, and disappeared between some trees. I attempted at calling out but my throat was too dry and all that came out was croaking.

I changed Clover's direction towards the mysterious shadow and we continued while things kept whipping by, I felt like I was flying.

The figure came back into view next to one of the trees, I slowed to a trot and continued through; suspense build up in me as butterflies filled my stomach.

Immediately I felt relaxed and calm once I noticed it was only Bella and relieve flooded through me. I hopped odd Clover ran towards her but right as I got close, my foot got caught on a twig and I went tumbling down into a face plant.

Ouch.

I was welcomed by Bella lowering her head down to me and snorting happily on my cheek, her way of greeting me. I rolled my eyes but smiled, Bella is alright! Silently I cursed myself for panicking so much, I followed Bella to the tree she was standing at earlier she was neighing and cocking her head up and down at something.

I turned to face another figure sitting on the tree trunk.

My father.

This man is crazy, he shows up everywhere!! He was in the middle of taking a bite out of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, he stopped halfway when he saw me. For a second we stared as each other bewildered, then I remembered I must look scary with my hair wildly loose and in Oliver's sweats and baggy t-shirt. He stared disapprovingly and curiously at Oliver's clothes then looked away and spoke out.

"Do you want a sandwich? I have more..."

"No I don't like peanut butter," I snapped coldly without thinking.

I know I lied. I don't know why, but I didn't want to admit that we shared the same favorite sandwich. I was kind of hoping that he would hate peanut butter or something, the less I had in common with him the better.

He let out a sigh and put his sandwich down on a napkin then softly spoke, "You don't have to keep lying to me Lily."

I stared at him in shock then I quickly changed my expression to try to play it off that I had no idea what he was talking about.

He didn't seem to notice and continued, "Listen Lily, Caroline already told me you like peanut butter sandwiches. She also told me that you love to take Bella out riding whenever you can near to this spot and you bring along a sandwich so you could eat in peace. So..."

He looked around the trees then looked up at the sky that peeked through the leaves of the giant tree. Then he looked back at me.

"So... I just wanted to experience what you do every morning... Just to see what you enjoyed, to help me understand you a little more."

The soft spot in my heart immediately felt regret for snapping at him earlier, but then I realized I couldn't give in to him. For the sake of my mother, no way.

"I don't want you back in my life. But it doesn't look like I have a choice until I'm 18. So I will fly to New York with you tomorrow night, but I'm not happy about it. Or happy about you. So don't try to make me be."

I ignored his surprised look and turned away. That was that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A while later Mr. Ferrington and I arrived back at the house, not a word was spoken out since my little outbreak by the trees. He held the door open for me and I stormed through and ran up to my room, shutting the door behind me. No one seemed to be home and I had not idea where my friends went.

I went to my closet and pulled all of my clothes off the hangers and threw them into the hot pink suitcases. Normally I would have folded them in nicely, but since my father got here I haven't been doing anything normally.

Frustrated by the silence, I shut on the radio and cranked it up as loud as it would go, the music blared through and vibrated the windows. Slightly satisfied I went back to my packing.

I was nearly done with packing when I heard a knock on my door. Reluctantly I turned down the music and shouted out, "Who is it??"

A voice replied, "It's Rosie... Can I come in?"

"Are you alone?" I questioned.

"Yes."

I opened the door and sure enough Rosie stood there all alone. I stepped aside to let her in then shut the door and locked it behind her.

"So..." She looked around with an eyebrow raised.

"Do you need help with your packing?" She questioned.

I gave her a look of disbelief and she replied with silence. The last thing I wanted to do was pack with her, she'd turn all "Snow White" on me and start singing cheerful songs. That was the last thing I needed.  

Cranking up the music, I went back to my packing, slowly placing all the pictures that hung on my wall into the suitcases. When that was finished I went to the bathroom and took out all of my cosmetics and stuff from the drawers and packed those too.

Soon I had my outfit for tomorrow and my pajamas laid out and I was pretty much done. Until I remembered I was still in Oliver's clothes.

Right when I was about to change I remembered the look on my dad's face when he saw me wearing Oliver's clothes, disapproval. So I decided to keep them on just for the fun of it.

Rosie had decided to amuse herself by twirling on my desk chair, people really seemed to like that chair.

I was already done but I decided to fix myself up as she remained in her own world. Right as I was about to call her, someone started violently banging on the door, kicking and elbowing it. I nearly had a heart attack from the sudden noise.

Rosie was so shocked that she tried to stop the the chair too suddenly, and ended up collapsing off of it and rolling onto the floor. Immediately I busted out laughing as she got up and brushed herself off, but was brought back to reality and the violent banging continued at my door, it was really started to creep me out!

I hushed Rosie so we could listen and I heard shuffling and men talking, then out of no where sirens went off, scaring the crap out of me!

Too scared to reply I ran to snatch Rosie and dragged her to the other side of the bed, we both remained crouched behind it for safety. I could see now that the screws holding my door up were getting loose. I was planning on opening the door but doing that now could be a huge risk, considering the door could break down at any moment and crush me.

The banging on the door rang through my ears and a deep male voice shouted out, "STOP! Everyone, Back. Away. I'm going to have to break down the door." It sounded like the police!

Rosie stared at me petrified and I returned the shocked gaze, holding onto her tightly. My heart was beating madly and quickly my mind raced through all the things I could have done to have the police after me, nothing came to mind except the party. I hadn't done anything for the police to come barging into my room! Who even let them in?!

Before I could debate any longer the counting started.

1.....

2....

My heart raced

...3!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I feel like this Chapter is bipolar? Haha I don't know, but I hope it was exciting enough. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

925K 49.3K 31
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
499K 1.9K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
239K 6.5K 52
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
72.2K 3K 31
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...