Princess' Riches {ON HOLD}

By DeeNOss

(Y/n) Wayne is the twin brother of billionaire, Bruce Wayne. The explorer dares to go on his most daring adve... More

Chapter One: The Genesis of Wayne
Chapter Two: The American Odyssey
Chapter Three: Hive Of Scum And Villainy
Chapter Four: Wayne's World
Chapter Five: The Truth Shall Set You Free
Chapter Six: Calling Cards, Curses and Demon-Dwellers
Chapter Seven: Who Let The Dog Out?
Chapter Eight: River of Hope
Chapter Nine: Justice Has Been Served
Chapter Ten: Tick Tock, Tick Tock
Chapter Eleven: Blew It
Chapter Twelve: Hell Hath No Fury
Chapter Thirteen: Heart Of Stone
Chapter Fourteen: A Killer Punchline
Chapter Fifteen: He Will Never Hurt You Again
Chapter Sixteen: The Battle For Earth
Chapter Seventeen: The Dead Don't Die
Chapter Eighteen: You Haven't Lost Your Touch
Chapter Nineteen: What Lies Beneath
Chapter Twenty: Where The Magic Happens
Chapter Twenty-One: Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter Twenty-Two: Am I Blue?
Chapter Twenty-Three: Immortal Damnation
Chapter Twenty-Four: Family Feud
Chapter Twenty-Five: You Hear The News About Huey Lewis?
Chapter Twenty-Six: Gone, But Not Forgotten
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Readjusting, Needing
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Back-Breaker
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Meet Your Maker
Chapter Thirty: Knightmayre
Chapter Thirty-One: The Big Plan
Chapter Thirty-Two: Monster Mash
Chapter Thirty-Three: War World
Chapter Thirty-Four: So You Finally Did It
Chapter Thirty-Five: Riddle Me This...
Chapter Thirty-Six: A Little Less Conversation
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Shadow's Silhouette
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Viking Way
Chapter Forty: Schemes
Chapter Forty-One: More Theatrics!

Chapter Thirty-Eight: To Hell And Back

398 12 1
By DeeNOss

Themyscira

The land of free women was bustling in the seven hundred thousand years of its existence. (Y/n) was greeted by a small patrol of Amazon warriors who seemed most pleased to have (Y/n), a man worthy of their beloved sister, return after such time since his last visit. From there, he took a smaller effort in heading for the city itself by surfing on a long flat bit of concrete.

The surf was enjoyable and thrilling as (Y/n) let the wind hit his face. An unidentified bit of shade caught his notice. Looking up, he noticed something above him until he looked forward and suddenly pulled to a stop, slipping off his board onto solid ground.

"Barry?! What are you doing here man?" (Y/n) acknowledged the Scarlet Speedster who simply gave him a fond smile in return.

"(Y/n), a little heads up, Clark is not quite happy with you - a fair warning," was all Barry said before more company arrived.

The entire Justice League was present for their search for (Y/n). Now that they found him, they were quick and cocksure to confront him about a pressing matter that's been on their nerves for quite a while now.

"G-Guys? What's going on? Why are you looking at me like that?" (Y/n) asked nervously. He had every reason to be uneasy as the last time they were battle-ready and grimace.

"Beloved, I need you to remain absolutely calm... we do not want to panic you but it's important you know something." Diana spoke first, mostly for her love and her duty to her husband.

"Cut the bullshit already. You guys look how you did when Clark was brought back to life. Just give it to Mr straight. What did I do now?"

"(Y/n), you..."

"It's about the tremors we've all been feeling."

"Turns out it's much, much worse than we thought."

"We know you mean well and and all, b-but..."

"Your latest quake just killed two hundred thousand people in worldwide."

The news came so suddenly that (Y/n) had no confident way of imagining his migraines would bring about such worldly chaos. He became numb as he felt immeasurable guilt for the blood that was on his hands. Claiming an innocent's life was traumatic enough, but two hundred thousand was far too troubling, with the potentiality of being kicked out of the League.

"(Y/n)..." Diana frowned miserably.

"I-I never meant to... I swear I was going t-to fix this."

"How? People are dead because of you." Arthur said harshly.

Diana looked his way and scowled him.

"No, no. He's right. I did this. I have to pay for it. I'll redact my curse and it won't happen again, but I'll be off the team for good. I'm no hero. What kind of a hero does this?"

"It was not your fault. It was Faust's."

"And you think he can just take it back? How the hell could we possibly convince Hades to let us have some one in one time with him?"

This, of course was something that Diana had thought about before, unsuccessful in providing a reasonable offer that would benefit both parties, that wouldn't include Diana's mother. But perhaps if they were to play their cards right, they could just give him what he wanted, but not entirely what he wanted from Queen Hippolyta.

The presence of men was quite an overwhelming speculation the Amazons. By feasting their eyes on the men of the Justice League excluding (Y/n), they were quite perturbed by this. As the superhero group marched through the city, feeling the beady eyes of women all around them, they approached the citadel where they found Hippolyta seated on her throne presentable.

"Diana, (Y/n). How lovely it is to see you, my darlings. But for your friends, however, I cannot say the same." The blonde woman addressed her guests warmly, for the most part.

The men all glances between one another, quickly realising that she was not particularly favouring them.

Diana took a step forward and spoke loudly for the audience gathered to hear. "Mother. My husband is of dire pursuit to remedy the curse Felix Faust brought upon him. But the wizard is hidden behind Hades' walls and we wish to consult on a fair bargain that would allow us to cure (Y/n)."

"And what, pray tell, would be your bargaining chip?"

"We... we do not know for certain."

"Then I cannot give you my blessing to go to the place in which the wicked are punished."

"But mother, if you would just hear me out? Hades has always taken a fancy to you. If you play along and--"

"Do you dare insinuate that I lay with that raggedy beast?! To your own mother, no less?!"

"No! I would never--"

"SILENCE!!"

Hearing her mother raise her voice at her made everyone in the room. It was a very rare occurrence for the queen to have to raise her voice at her daughter in front of company.

"I will not stand for this. You and your friends will leave Themyscira at once; or be done so by force." The queen said threateningly.

Almost hot off the mark, Diana turned around and stormed out of the citadel along with her husband and her friends tagging rather far behind. They were all surprised at how Diana took up the queen's commandment and made their way to the jet where the women of Themyscira noticed the jet soar off until it was out of sight.

Come night time, all of Themyscira was at rest. Guards were put on patrols as per usual and the queen was in her room for the night. The queen's personal guards were lead to believe that she was in deep slumber, when in reality she had snuck out of her quarters and made her way down to the Pit of Tartarus where she would meet with her daughter and her husband.

By the gate to Tartarus, Hippolyta arrived a tad late when she grouped with her daughter and her son-in-law. Their scheme was going accordingly thus far - the main part of their plan they weren't looking forward to was debating what Hades would want in their bargain but they were fairly confident they could reach an agreement or trick Hades and make off with the three of them as planned.

"So, are you both ready?"

The two women nodded their heads before (Y/n) lead the way through a secret passageway that would take them into Hell itself. Their entry into Hell provided a humid welcoming right before they exited the passageway. While Hell didn't exactly get depicted by typical flames of fire and molten lava with devils and hell-bats roaming the Underworld, it certainly maintained the dark and dreary characteristics with a lack of lava but not so much the fire.

In their expedition to Hades' castle, Hippolyta became a nervous wreck having to face her ex once more. Through the forest of weary trees, the three came towards the castle's grounds. A foghorn was blasted in greeting the three travellers of the surface world. While (Y/n) had absolutely no current worries, it was his mother-in-law who seemed the most stressed despite the comfort of her daughter.

As they began to make their way into the great hall of Hades, they were quick to notice the Lord of the Underworld himself seated on his throne. Hades sat on his throne, slouched and holding up a glass of wine that any of them could've presumed was actually blood. Hades took a swig of his drink before tossing the glass carelessly to the side.

"Hippolyta. My dear, it's a delight to see you again! And I see you've brought guests." Hades' voice boomed throughout the entire hall, even creating a slight echo. 

"Hades," Hippolyta replied with disdain. "I see you've not changed. You're about as repulsive as a Gorgon." 

The black-haired man simply let out a belly laugh at her insult. 

"Ahh, never lost your class, have you, my love..." 

"Do not call me that! We come here for one reason and one reason only: that you allow Faust to undo the curse he put on my daughter's husband." 

"And... if I don't?" 

"Then you die." 

The manner in which she conveyed her threat made Hades frown, a kind of thing that would rarely happen, even to a God like him. Eventually, he agreed to allow them a full consultation with Felix Faust in order to undo the curse he put on (Y/n). Diana wasn't quite pleased with their visit but she certainly did her best to comfort her mother as Hades gave a sudden command that only he and (Y/n) were to visit Faust to remove the curse. 

"I can tell you're much troubled, my child. In these moments, you must find hope even when there is none." Hippolyta spoke in a sweet manner towards her 'only' daughter. 

"I can't help it." Diana replied nervously. 

The black-haired woman's arms were crossed and rubbing her arms to comfort herself when her mother cupped her cheeks, drawing their eyes together as Hippolyta was truly proud of what she'd accomplished in the entire lifetime she'd lived. 

"He will be fine. If he does anything more than unkind to (Y/n), I will kill him. You have my word on that. It's best not to dwell on moments such as these, Diana." 

"I-I know, mother." 

"Come here." 

Pulling her daughter into an embrace, the two hugged it out for several minutes until the need to let go was performed. Hippolyta wiped a stray tear from her daughter's eye and even took to singing a lullaby to hide the very faint screams from (Y/n). Some time had passed since (Y/n)'s screamed were cut short excluding the other distant ones. 

At the sound of footsteps approaching, Diana became active and excited as she concentrated on the steps growing when (Y/n) and Hades fell into her line of sight. Though there was no current irregularities, all seemed well with (Y/n) - even if the two women were deeply suspicious that the removal of the curse came at some sort of cost, which surprisingly, it did not. 

"Thank you, Hades. I... You don't know how much this means to me that you've done this." Hippolyta spoke softly, her demeanour well vaporised from her system. 

"Please. Simply consider it a... professional courtesy." Hades responded, faking a timid smile. 

At that, they parted ways where (Y/n) found himself in the constant embrace of his wife. Dian was certainly the happiest she'd been in a while strongly believing that her husband's ailments were now put to rest. By the time they resurfaced to the city of Themyscira, the three stood on the steps of the citadel that overlooked a fair height of the city, but not the entirety.

Just as things were looking up, dark clouds loomed in the distance. A cold front hit Themyscira so quickly nobody could properly anticipate the sudden change in the climate. Even snow began to fall as strong winds circulated the land, fog covered the sea, making whatever that was hidden.

"Winter came early." (Y/n) said randomly in the most casual tone conveyed.

"It is not winter that comes, (Y/n). It's the gudaskymning..." Hippolyta replied with fear laced in her voice.

"You mean to tell us something big is coming?"

The fear on Hippolyta's face said it all.

War was coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 5.7K 41
You are Bruce Wayne's younger adopted sister. You're always in his shadow and want to step out from beneath it. You find the perfect opportunity when...
60.6K 2.1K 32
A time-skipping accident strands Barry Allen and his nemesis Eobard Thawne in the past; specifically 15th Century Japan, which is rife with chaos and...
15.5K 425 30
Explore the world of Kimberly Wayne, the young heiress to Wayne Enterprises, and biological daughter of Bruce Wayne as she struggles with survivor's...
151K 4K 16
"Todd" "Demon Spawn" ------------------------------ Jason Todd and Damian Wayne were legally brothers, but they never got along. What happens w...